• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Styles: Fundamental

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Fundamental
    Click here to switch.
    Fundamental is a new theme I've been working on in recent weeks. This skin is dark, and contains some aspects that many of you might not be too fimilar with. First and foremost is index page, which, as opposed to traditional listed forum-view, contains tiled board layout. Behind each tiles are images, to represent what the section is about and give you ideas on what kind of topics it might contain prior to entering. Up next is sidebar, which floats as you scroll, and contains links to some of our important community pages. This bar is found everywhere, and lends you a quick way to jump from one place to another.

To get full understanding of these features, as well as some others, try this theme out by clicking the above link. Hope you all enjoy!
    Note, although this design is indeed ready for use, it's still a work-in-progress. If you notice anything missing or inconsistent, please make sure to report here, and I'll update once I get the opportunity.

Big thanks to Jordanice for header artwork, and Hiroshi Sotomura for forum tiles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This is terrific, but you beat me to a few punches with this style and now I'm salty!!!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • you didn't use.. any of the suggested backgrounds I gave you for a&m/c&m did you haha.

I like it. It's very pretty, though I wish we could hide sections. PC is far too big for my liking.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Interesting design.

The only things I'd say don't work for me is the text in each forum tile. It's either too big or there's too much disrupts the 'flow' of the page when you scroll down...if that makes sense.

But yeah overall, awesome job!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I tried to create a new thread, and it brought me to /inlinemod.php?forumid=23

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    you didn't use.. any of the suggested backgrounds I gave you for a&m/c&m did you haha.

I like it. It's very pretty, though I wish we could hide sections. PC is far too big for my liking.

I've used them, but they're just not completely noticeable due to the size of those forum boxes, haha.

Interesting design.

The only things I'd say don't work for me is the text in each forum tile. It's either too big or there's too much disrupts the 'flow' of the page when you scroll down...if that makes sense.

But yeah overall, awesome job!

I'm still trying to find a good middle-ground for forum titles. They used to be much lighter, but because of their colors, they weren't very readable, so I wound up making them a little bold.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm really overjoyed that someone finally did something about the lack of
    Code:
    :active
    selectors in forum styles.

The pale red and purple highlights are nice, but I can't help but be distracted by them. (I don't really know how to say this, but the combination feels somehow nauseating.)

If that could be fixed somehow (using only one of them, or maybe using different colors), that'd be a lot better.

Spoiler:

In other words, this style is really great. Arguably the best.
    Amazing job, I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S. The standard forum controls like the text editors hurt my eyes 3-3

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Nice job on this theme, I'm really liking it! One thing, lets see the new PC logo in the header as well. :p

Also as noted previously, the reply/text edit boxes need to be adjusted for the dark theme.. gl with that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    It looks awesome, however the background makes the text look very cluttered and hard to read. I advise making the backgrounds a more solid color, to be honest. I'd use it, but I just like simplicity. Let's Fly Together is perfect for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I tried to create a new thread, and it brought me to /inlinemod.php?forumid=23

This should be all sorted now, hopefully!

I'm really overjoyed that someone finally did something about the lack of
    Code:
    :active
    selectors in forum styles.

The pale red and purple highlights are nice, but I can't help but be distracted by them. (I don't really know how to say this, but the combination feels somehow nauseating.)

If that could be fixed somehow (using only one of them, or maybe using different colors), that'd be a lot better.

Spoiler:

In other words, this style is really great. Arguably the best.
    Amazing job, I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S. The standard forum controls like the text editors hurt my eyes 3-3

Nice job on this theme, I'm really liking it! One thing, lets see the new PC logo in the header as well. :p

Also as noted previously, the reply/text edit boxes need to be adjusted for the dark theme.. gl with that.

Sure, I'll be looking into those when I get the chance. =)

Years
  • Now I do like that the boards have their theme pictures on the main page instead of only in the board itself, and that the notifications and such are always on the left of the screen, but it does bother me a bit that the names for normal members in Who's Online are blue, which can make it a bit annoying to tell them apart from Crystal tier supporters like myself.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • This skin is dark, and contains some aspects that many of you might not be too familiar with.

For some weird reason, that kind of pattern looks somewhat familiar to me. I don't know where did I see it before, but I hope you keep it up on making more great themes Ashley :) Also, I hope you can make quotes a bit standing out, because I almost can't tell the difference between quotes and my own post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hamburger doesn't work properly on mobile. Probably something you're already aware of though.

Suggesting that the forum bits are full width instead of being responsive when on a mobile device.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've added PC logo as requested, and also placed border around quotes so that they're able to stand out more.

Pendraflare said:
    Now I do like that the boards have their theme pictures on the main page instead of only in the board itself, and that the notifications and such are always on the left of the screen, but it does bother me a bit that the names for normal members in Who's Online are blue, which can make it a bit annoying to tell them apart from Crystal tier supporters like myself.

I could change regular username color in online list, but this would sort of make links seem rather imbalanced, considering that all of them are generally blue (could attempt swapping them with something else, but unfortunately, it's tough to find anything suitable). I'll still try finding a way around it, but if I can't, I'm afraid I'd have to leave it this way.

Patchisou Yutohru said:
    Hamburger doesn't work properly on mobile. Probably something you're already aware of though.

Yeah, this is still being worked on. I'm not much of a Javascript expert, so wasn't able to figure out why it's not functioning; I'm probably going to need a bit of outside help.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I love it. One thing though is that I can't find the like button. Does this happen to everyone, or is it just me? Haha. Other than that, fantastic job, Ashley! Looking forward to its full completion.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    It's a nice change. It'll take some getting used to with a completely different format. I do like it though!

Years
  • I love it. One thing though is that I can't find the like button. Does this happen to everyone, or is it just me? Haha. Other than that, fantastic job, Ashley! Looking forward to its full completion.

It's the thumbs-up button right below the poster's signature. It isn't the most obvious thing in the world but just so you know it's there. :P

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • It's the thumbs-up button right below the poster's signature. It isn't the most obvious thing in the world but just so you know it's there. :P

Yeah, the thing just appeared for me a few moments ago. Before that, there wasn't any thumb's up button. Funny lol.

Also, I'd like to suggest something. Is it possible to insert a link in the The PokeCommunity logo that would take us back to the index page when we click on it? That would be very convenient.

Reactions: Nah
    Back