• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    can someone please help??
    when i go into the viridian gym giovanni not there
    but there is a old man sleeping there who i talk to and got rock smash.
    so my question really is how do i battle giovanni if hes not in his gym??

thank you

Smash the rock on the side and go in through the back door.

Years
  • so i try to swim up from cinnabar island but if i run into the first trainer you can see, the game freezes..? it wasnt just him... i went to another trainer, and it was fine and went through several wild tentacruel but i ran into one and it froze again..? its not all trainers and its not all pokemon but certain ones make my game freeze?

it's after the battle btw (i beat them, or run away) the screen just goes black and fails to reload the overworld

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Hmm... Sorry, I don't know how to fix it. But thanks for showing me the screenshot. That way, I can fix it for Beta 7.5

Well, at least thanks for replying. Now that I've calmed down, I at least see that I wasn't that far into the game. I'll just cheat in some max repels (and maybe some rare candies) to speed up the game 'till I get back to Vermillion. Then I'll back up my save before doing anything in that dumb ship. I still don't know how I possessed a sailor though, so I hope that glitch doesn't happen again. If it helps resolve it for 7.5, I think it only happened after I saved near the guy (you can see my "first" body to the right of my "current" body; that's where I saved.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    time for me to ask another question haha. What do I do when I get to Celadon? I am not sure where to get the rocket uniform and the two old men block everything else

Years
  • Well, at least thanks for replying. Now that I've calmed down, I at least see that I wasn't that far into the game. I'll just cheat in some max repels (and maybe some rare candies) to speed up the game 'till I get back to Vermillion. Then I'll back up my save before doing anything in that dumb ship. I still don't know how I possessed a sailor though, so I hope that glitch doesn't happen again. If it helps resolve it for 7.5, I think it only happened after I saved near the guy (you can see my "first" body to the right of my "current" body; that's where I saved.)

its been a reoccurring problem through 6.5,7 it used to happen a lot more often then it does now, however, the problem only happens when you do something you're not supposed to, eg. open up the menu or talk to someone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    its been a reoccurring problem through 6.5,7 it used to happen a lot more often then it does now, however, the problem only happens when you do something you're not supposed to, eg. open up the menu or talk to someone.

Really? Is it only on the ship, or throughout the game? I ask because I literally just started again (got a Poliwhirl with a better nature this time at least) and I don't want to start over AGAIN.

PS: Random though, but the writing and humor of this game is seriously the best. That old man cracks me up SO FREAKING MUCH. :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Guys, this glitch is very well known across rom hacking. The Look Down movement is broken in FR causing this. It needs to be changed to No Movement. (In some cases there is actually another error that also causes this, but it is much more rare. I have a fix for that too if this doesn't fix it.) I shall inform rockmanmegaman.

Years
  • Really? Is it only on the ship, or throughout the game? I ask because I literally just started again (got a Poliwhirl with a better nature this time at least) and I don't want to start over AGAIN.

PS: Random though, but the writing and humor of this game is seriously the best. That old man cracks me up SO FREAKING MUCH. :)

as far as i know there is a few instances in which this happens.
    here are the ones i know of:
    in misty's mansion after you wake up from being attacked move away from the tablebefore pressing menu.
    in the second floor of the ss. the sailor (which i presume you are talking about) at the bottom of the level facing up -first one in the hall way, glitches after battling) after you jump underwater to go after poliwhirl if you press menu before talking to poli, it'll freeze again.
    somewhere in the rocket hide out in the rocket game place if you battle one of the grunts it freezes again.

there's one in mt moon i believe but im not exactly sure where.

please note I AM UNAWARE IF ANY OF THESE WERE FIXED I AM JUST LISTING EXAMPLES THAT I EXPERIENCED THROUGH BETA 6.5.

Years
  • Does the eevee that we get in the game evolve into espoen or can we make it into any of its evolutions?

you can buy lunar/solar ribbons from the celadon mart, or if you find prof. oaks jiggly puff, it's located right near a lunar ribbon...

somewhere early in the game a solar ribbon is available, i cant quite remember where though.

solar- Espeon
    lunar- Umbreon

Years
  • I can't seem to find a lunar ribbon... Does anyone know where I can find one? I also might be playing one of the earlier betas... I think

CELADON CITY mart... or if you go back to the second city, on the left hand side, theres a tree that can be cut down... theres a jigglypuff and a lunar ribbon there

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Just got past the sailor I glitched-possessed and am back on track with all of the same pokemon, though with different natures (and my geodude has changed sexes 0.0). TAKE THAT SAILOR JED!!!

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Go back to Celadon and buy it at the rooftop of the mall

Where's the fresh water for the guard at silph co.

Or you can just buy it in every Pokemon Mart's fridge section.

I can't figure out how to Evolve Onix into Steelix. I have him holding the metal coat and I tried to use the Link Cable but that didn't work and I've leveled him up from lv 10 to 17. I don't know what else to try, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Did you try to just use the Metal Coat on it =.=? Seriously, I've went into great length to create the doc file that is included with the patch file saying how to evolve certain pokemon, it doesn't hurt to take about less than a min to just read it. Make sure you have the National Pokedex as well from Bill.

Sorry what i meant to ask is how you go to saffron city

Saffron is the East of Route 5, you really can't miss it.

I am at the port where team rocket has stolen the captain's vaporeon and dived underwater, what to do next? I got dive HM from Blue, but unable to dive. What to do next. Help me rockmanmegaman or anyone, who has completed it.

The beta ends there, you finished the beta.

Go West of Route 5 Then you'll be in Route 8 go straight ahead in Order be in Celadon City

@Rockmanmegaman Is There More Events After the Team Rocket Battle in Saffron? I just Finished the event And now i'm stuck

Yes, the game ends at To Velencia Island Chapter, if you're stuck, just look at the screenshot I've posted to get an idea where you have to go and such.

Beta ends after team rocket dive underwater you get hm Dive but you cant use it you have to wait for beta 8
    But while you wait you can do the bonus chapters, time based events, or explore ALL the Game again because after beating the League... Most npcs dialogues are changed!
    I was so excited when i saw that most npcs had changed dialogues i havent seen any other pokemon game or hack do this before rockman has put so much effort in this hack
    If you pay attention to every dialogue you can see how really great this hack is im just speechless!
    I loved the MEWTWO, SAFFRON and League Chapters good scripting ;)
    Beta 7 made this hack my top 1 cant really wait for 8th release

Btw i noticed that misty is gone, i had rematches with Erika, Brock and LT SURGE but i cant find misty in her GYM where is she?
    For those who dont know after the league you can battle some gym leaders again and they use 60 lvl pokemon :D

And a weird thing i noticed that i get an option to use surf when i face the water but at the early events of the hack i never had this option is it a bug?

Misty only appears on a certain day in her gym. Some days, she'll walk her Starmie, some days she'll be in her mansion, and some days she'll appear in Pewter City museum with Brock. However, you can only re-fight her if she's at her gym. This is the same for Brock, he won't be at his gym everyday.

For the surfing thing, that's because in the beginning you didn't get the badge required to surf.

Does the eevee that we get in the game evolve into espoen or can we make it into any of its evolutions?

Yep, you'll need the National Pokedex first.
    Solar Ribbon - Espeon
    Lunar Ribbon - Umbreon

Any Eeveelution - Moon stone - back to Eevee.

so i try to swim up from cinnabar island but if i run into the first trainer you can see, the game freezes..? it wasnt just him... i went to another trainer, and it was fine and went through several wild tentacruel but i ran into one and it froze again..? its not all trainers and its not all pokemon but certain ones make my game freeze?

it's after the battle btw (i beat them, or run away) the screen just goes black and fails to reload the overworld

Yep, I've fixed that area for Beta 7.5. I think the problem comes with the weather I've implemented in those areas.

IS THERE A MOVE DELETER!!!

I remember putting one in LAvender Town. If not, then I'll add one in for Beta 7.5

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Hey Rockman i really appreciated all the efforts you did i've just got one question why is the road to celadon city is blocked by mountains this hinders my progress and the one im playing is BETA 7

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Yo i finally found a staryu. BUT what i find strange i am at the city with green forgot the name.. woth the big market..
    Wher do i get HM'S?

Back