• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
um i made a script and it wont work
here it is

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $w
boxset 6
applymovement 0x04 $move
pausemove 0x0
applymovement 0xFF $move2
pause 0x30
applymovement 0x04 $move3
applymovement 0xFF $move3
pausemove 0x0
release
end

#org $w
$w 1 = Come with me\Jon:For what?\p???:no reason\nJon:k

#org $move
#raw 0x62 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0xFE

#org $move2
#raw 0x03 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x13 0xFE

oh and by the way very nice Tutorial the best i have seen out of all i see

I changed it a little, you forgot the boxset 6, so the message can't appear.
And you should set a ceckflag and a setflag so the script can't activate again and again.

I tried to compile my script but when I walked over It didn't work correctly It was suppose to swich to bit dark
here it is
#org $start
setweather 0x11
doweather
release
end

what is wrong with it.

I never used set- and doweather, but maybe the new script wasn't changed in advance map?
You know, variable number etc... it's written in the tutorial at APPLYMOVEMENT. If you don't change it it won't work.

I have but one question. If I wanted to change the color of some text, but just two words in a sentence, how could I use the color code to do this "This is the new Train Depot. It's still in construction so nobody's allowed past this point." I'm using fire red, although I'm not sure if you need to know that.

You have to write it like this:
This is the new \c\h01\h05Train Depot\c\h01\h02. It's still in construction so nobody's allowed past this point.
(not sure if it's the right colour code, but you know the right...I hope^^)

Explanation:
First you write the normal black text, and if you write a colour code, ALL letters after the code will be in that colour. But if you choose another colour code, black, the rest will change to black again ^^

Last edited:

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
Years
i'm really tired now, i tried a message script about 100 times, and all worked, i compiled the script, i burned it to the rom, i put the offset in advancemap, but every time i try to talk to that person, it turns to a red screen and the game froze, i re-installed pokescript twice, the givepokemonscript works, but not my messagescript, like i just said, it's the same like in the first post and i couldn't see any mistakes, what's wrong with my script? or why it turns to a red screen? please i need help

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
well I can only repeat this:
Look carefully at spaces.
I can't say more to that, 'cause that was the reason why my screen turned read at my very first tries.
When you copy the offset from bufrite, it happens that you copy a space. And when you insert it in Advance Map and the space is in the screen turns red or something else happens.
If that's not the reason then I'm sry, I don't know.

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
Years
hm, thx, but this doesn't seem to be my problem, so i have to edit my text with a-text, i couldn't do anything else, if someone know something about my problem, please post, i'll try now if applymovements and trainerbattles work, if not, i'll post xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2021
Hi the
thethethethe! I saw your script school and made a wildbattle script.
When i talk to "venusaur" everything just stopps and does not do anything. I write down the script

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 6
cry 0xA13
nop
nop
Wildbattle 3 36 0
fadescreen 0
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =VENUSAUR:Venu-Venu SAUR!!

I also made a video. Search on youtube after sethHack and take by my things Pl0x help Anyone especialy thethethethe!!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
try this...

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 6
cry 0xA1 0x03
pause 0x28
Wildbattle 3 36 0
fadescreen 0
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
Originally Posted by Khalil
here it is

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $w
boxset 6
applymovement 0x04 $move
pausemove 0x0
pause 0x30
pausemove 0x0
release
end

#org $w

#org $move

#org $move2
#raw 0x03 0xFE

#org $move3

I changed it a little, you forgot the boxset 6, so the message can't appear.
And you should set a ceckflag and a setflag so the script can't activate again and again.
well when i put the code in to the advance map on the script thing which will work won't it and i put Unknown:01 00 and Varnumber:50 40 it doesn't work what do i need to do inorder to activate it

Last edited:
Years
here it is

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $w
boxset 6
applymovement 0x04 $move
pausemove 0x0
pause 0x30
pausemove 0
release
end

#org $w

#org $move

#org $move2
#raw 0x03 0xFE

#org $move3

well when i put the code in to the advance map on the script thing which will work won't it and i put Unknown:01 00 and Varnumber:50 40 it doesn't work what do i need to do inorder to activate it
Could you tell me a little more? Like does the script actually start, if so, where did it stuff up. Does the script compile? A little more information might be helpful. Also, I just fixed a little error I noticed, but that's all I can do with this information you've given me.

I tried to compile my script but when I walked over It didn't work correctly It was suppose to swich to bit dark
here it is
#org $start
setweather 0x11
#raw 0x00
doweather
release
end

what is wrong with it.
Look through my tutorial for the workings of setweather next time. If you had looked at it, you would have seen the problem.

I have but one question. If I wanted to change the color of some text, but just two words in a sentence, how could I use the color code to do this "This is the new Train Depot. It's still in construction so nobody's allowed past this point." I'm using fire red, although I'm not sure if you need to know that.
Knowing it's fire red helps.
Like this. Here's some example text.

#org $1
$1 1 =Hello. Welcome to the \c\h01\h05Depot\c\h01\h02.\nSorry we aren't open yet.

i'm really tired now, i tried a message script about 100 times, and all worked, i compiled the script, i burned it to the rom, i put the offset in advancemap, but every time i try to talk to that person, it turns to a red screen and the game froze, i re-installed pokescript twice, the givepokemonscript works, but not my messagescript, like i just said, it's the same like in the first post and i couldn't see any mistakes, what's wrong with my script? or why it turns to a red screen? please i need help

I'm really not too sure. Sorry.

Hi the
thethethethe! I saw your script school and made a wildbattle script.
When i talk to "venusaur" everything just stopps and does not do anything. I write down the script

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 6
cry 0xA1 0x3
nop
nop
Wildbattle 3 36 0
fadescreen 0
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $1

I also made a video. Search on youtube after sethHack and take by my things Pl0x help Anyone especialy thethethethe!!

One little error.
cry 0xA13 will stuff up the compiling process.
It should have been
cry 0xA1 0x3

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2021
Could you tell me a little more? Like does the script actually start, if so, where did it stuff up. Does the script compile? A little more information might be helpful. Also, I just fixed a little error I noticed, but that's all I can do with this information you've given me.

Look through my tutorial for the workings of setweather next time. If you had looked at it, you would have seen the problem.

Knowing it's fire red helps.
Like this. Here's some example text.

#org $1
$1 1 =Hello. Welcome to the \c\h01\h05Depot\c\h01\h02.\nSorry we aren't open yet.

I'm really not too sure. Sorry.

One little error.
cry 0xA13 will stuff up the compiling process.
It should have been
cry 0xA1 0x3
Thx m8 i reaky needed it. XD!! THX.....

EDIT:I tried but it still doesnt work... It keeps sound like mew and glitch and freeze.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
accually it doesn't start when i put into the script form on the advance map it doesn't work could u tell me what i did wrong when i put it in?

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
I've been trying to do an applymovement script, but it doesn't compile. It starts the log and then the log goes blank. Any ideas? Also I've noticed that other tutorials use #binary instead of #raw. Is there any difference? Which one works better?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
I haven't tried binary yet, so I can't answer you question completly.
But one problem could be that the #raw is too long, for example:

#raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

this could cause problems when compiling, I got errors, so I split it up.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Um... Well I got it... But how do I actually put it in the game??? I don't know HOW......

If you want to add a script to the game, you'd have to compile the script and burn it to the ROM. You'll be able to find that in one of the other Pokescript tutorials (it's kind of ironic that that's the only thing here that's missing)

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
One more THING, I tried your tutorial and wrote:

[FONT=돋움]#org $start[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]lock[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]faceplayer[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]message $1[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]boxset 6[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]cry 0xA1 151[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]nop[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]nop[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]wildbattle 151 30 0x8B[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]fadescreen 0[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]setflag 0x200[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]release[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]end[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]#org $1[/FONT]
[FONT=돋움]$1 1 =MEW: Mew! Mew![/FONT]

[FONT=돋움]But When I apply it on the game, It freezes or the mew go, YES, NO question....[/FONT]

If you want to add a script to the game, you'd have to compile the script and burn it to the ROM. You'll be able to find that in one of the other Pokescript tutorials (it's kind of ironic that that's the only thing here that's missing)
Thanks a lot... Now I know how.. (ALTHOUGH It didn't work)

ANOTHER QUESTION, When you apply the script, What do you do about the PERSON ID in ADVANCE MAP???

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
ANOTHER QUESTION, When you apply the script, What do you do about the PERSON ID in ADVANCE MAP???
Sorry I can't help with you script, my wildbattles went wrong too ^^'

If you change the person ID to the number of the setflag of a script, the Overworld Sprite will dissappeare after the script was activated.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
I have made a rather large script and I got a few things which don't work.
Perhaps somebody could help. It's a fire red rom btw.
Everything in red does not work.

Code:
Part 1 - team red vs team blue (outside)

#org $start
lock
message $grunt
$grunt 1 = Grunt: Piplups go away!
callstd 6
message $puplip
$puplip 1 = Piplup: Piplup pip!
callstd 6
message $grut7
$grut7 1 = Grunt: I Said go away!\nWe rule this town!
callstd 6
applymovement 2 $boo
applymovement 4 $boo
$boo 1 ; #binary  0x62 0xFE
Pausemove 0
message $grut6
$grut6 1 = Grunt: Who's that?
callstd 6
applymovement 2 $walk
$walk 1 ; #binary  0x09 0x03 0xFE
Pausemove 0
applymovement FF $walk2
$walk2 1 ; #binary 0x02 0xFE
Pausemove 0
message $grut5
$grut5 1 = Grunt: ...
callstd 6
message $grut9
$grut9 1 = Grunt: Who are you kid?
callstd 6
trainerbattle 0 0x001 $before $after [COLOR="Red"][B]$go[/B] [I]--> doesn't go to $go[/I][/COLOR]
$before 1 =Grunt: We cannot stand intruders!
$after 1 =Grunt: My rattata!
release
end

[COLOR="red"]#org $go[/COLOR]
message $omg
$omg 1 =Grunt: ... ... ...\lGrunt: It doesn't matter anyways.\lGrunt: We have what we wanted!
callstd 6
message $gruts5
$gruts5 1 = Piplup: Piplup PIP!
callstd 6
#raw 0x75 0x04 0x00 0x0A 0x03
message $char
$char 1 =Charmander: CHAR! CHAR!
callstd 6
cry 0xA1 4
nop
nop
#raw 0x76
message $gone
$gone 1 =Grunt: Hmph. Let's get going!
callstd 6
applymovement 3 $going
applymovement 4 $going
applymovement 5 $going
$going 1 ; #binary 0x20 0x20 0x34 0x34 0x60 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 2 $going2
applymovement 6 $going2
applymovement 7 $going2
applymovement 8 $going2
$going2 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x60 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 9 $going3
$going3 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x60 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 10 $present
$present 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
Pausemove 0
message $guy
$guy 1 = Pfew. They're gone.\nYour sister said she has something\lfor you.\pPerhaps you should visit her.\nI'll show you the way.
callstd 6
warp 4 0 1
[B][COLOR="red"]setflag 0x25E[/COLOR][/B]
release
end

Part 2 - sister (inside)

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
[B][COLOR="red"]checkflag 0x25E
if B_true goto $poke[/COLOR][/B] - does not work
message $bro
$bro 1 =Hi \v\h01,\nthere some piplups and charmanders\lfighting outside.\pPerhaps you should have a look.
callstd 6
release
end

[COLOR="red"][B]#org $poke[/B][/COLOR]
message $pokem
$pokem 1 =Mom asked me to pick up\nyour stuff for your journey.\lAnyways, here you go!
callstd 6
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
message $dex
$dex 1 =You received a pokedex!
callstd 6
fanfare 0x012
message $poke
$poke 1 =You received an PokeBall!
callstd 6
fanfare 0x012
message $explain
$explain 1 =Professor Ray didn't want to say\nwhat Pokemon is inside there.\lI guess it's a cool Pokemon!\pAnyways I got to go now.
callstd 6
applymovement 2 $movemove
$movemove 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x62 0x00 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $before
$before 1 =Almost forgotten!\nI also got a few Empty PokeBalls!\lThese will help you to catch wild\lPokemons.\pI'm sure they will come handy!
callstd 6
giveitem 0x4
applymovement 2 $movemove2
$movemove2 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x60 0xFE
pausemove 0
setflag 0x20C
release
end

Perhaps anyone could help me?

Thanks in advance,
frank

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
frank$sor, the script is fine, but the only thing that cause that one not to work is because of the trainerbattle command you gave.

It should not be trainerbattle 0, but it should be trainerbattle 1. ;)
and put setflag 0x25E before warp.
Warp ends the script, therefore, in your script, it no longer reads the setflag.
so exchange their places.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2008
i've read through the whole thread, and no one seems to have this problem, so i'm a little embarassed by it, but i can get basic text, give item/pokemon, and movement scripts to work, but for some reason i cannot get the yes/no text script to work. the yes message works, but if i answer no, i still get the yes messge. does anyone have an idea of what i could possibly be doing because i've checked the script to where it is exactly the same as the example

Back