• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • Oh yeah, my update from last night.

SO...MUCH...VOLTORB...FLIPGAME.........

grided 20K coins on Voltorb Flip. Bought Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (Stella)

currently grinding Stella and Stellus to about level 30 before I take on Jasmine.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Starting!

Username - Jujitsubb777
    In-Game name - Jay
    Type - Ghost
    Game - Fire Red

**In accordance with the rules, I replaced the starters with only gastly.

So, my team is..

Gastly - Lv. 5

Time to make my way towards Brock!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Update on ultimate challenge-fighting
    Started my journey on my Yellow version, after picking up my Pikachu I immediately went to route 22(going towards the Indigo Plateau) and picked up a Mankey my first Pokemon! I then went up to Brock and dominated him with my low kick, I then went through Mt. Moon to Cerulean City and easily defeated my rival. I then saved on to Nugget Bridge tomorrow!

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Oh yeah, my update from last night.

SO...MUCH...VOLTORB...FLIPGAME.........

grided 20K coins on Voltorb Flip. Bought Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (Stella)

currently grinding Stella and Stellus to about level 30 before I take on Jasmine.
    Well hey as long as I have you in the thread, I made FR/LG userbars for this challenge. I posted them on the last page.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • Soul Silver Ultimate Fire Mono Update

Got Jasmine's badge.
    Got Chuck's badge.
    Opened the Safari Zone.
    Went to Mahogany Town. Caught the Red Gyarados. Beat up Team Rocket. Taught Jonghyun who is now a Typhlosion Solar Beam. Got Pryce' badge. Got a call from Prof. Elm about the Radio Tower being taken over by Team Rocket.
    Had Togetic Fly to Goldenrod. Changed to Team Rocket's uniform. Stocked up on some items and blew some Yen at the Drawing Corner. Got a ton of berries and a Net Ball before going to the Tower. Seungri blew my cover and the guard I beat is being a snitch. Seungri ran off b****ing and moaning about Lance.

Current Location: Radio Tower
    Name: Lovelie
    Badges: 7
    Pokedex: 21
    Time: 30:10

Team:
    Jonghyun/Typhlosion lvl 38
    Amber/Vulpix lvl 30
    Krabby lvl 20
    Youngbae/Magmar lvl 30
    Togetic lvl 30
    Gyarados lvl 30

Sgt_Grovyle

-Not a Grovyle fool!
    Years
  • Last time I officially started in Johto and here's what I've been up to since then:
    -Beat Whitney and got the Plain Badge
    -Caught a Scyther in the bug catching contest
    -Had to do a lot of training but I finally beat Morty for my 4th badge
    -Surfed over to Cianwood and won badge #5
    -Cleared out Team Rockets Mahogany Town base and won my 6th badge from Pryce afterward
    -Got back to Olivine and ALL the way back up to the top of the lighthouse only to realize that I didn't pick up Amphy's medicine when I was in Cianwood so I decided to stop there and pick it up again next time.

My Team:
    Spr_2c_168.gif

Ariados Lv.37
    -Poison Sting
    -Scary Face
    -Night Shade
    -String Shot

Spr_2c_049.gif

Venomoth Lv. 34
    -Gust
    -Leech Life
    -Confusion
    -Supersonic

Spr_2c_123.gif

Scyther Lv. 34
    -Quick Attack
    -Cut
    -Wing Attack
    -Pursuit

J J JUAN

Psychic Master
    Years
  • J J JUAN, reporting in Psychic UMC

Yes, I've reached Lilycove city, with new psychic pokemon. Of course I've defeated Winona in Fortree.

My team:

Kadabra Lv 44
    Gardevoir Lv 38
    Girafarig Lv 27
    Solrock Lv 37
    Xatu Lv 26
    Baltoy Lv 24 or Spoink Lv 25 I can't decide

Years
  • Started this at 2 somethin, took a break from 5 to 9, and now, here's my update.

Normal UMC Johto Update

I chose gold for this one. My starter was totodile.

Started the game and caught scout, the sentret. Grinded her to level 10 before going anywhere. I got to violet city and straight to sprout tower. By time i was done with them, i was level 12. I entered the gym and beat all of falkners lackeys, getting me to level 13. And then, i challenged falkner. I beat him easily, due to the small, but hefty level difference. Scout was at level 14 at the end, 10 exp points from leveling..

I left violet and grabbed the egg. I thought, "Hey, togepis a normal type pokemon.. I can use her!(she hatched as a girl, by the way.)" So i went down to the next route and the first battle, scout leveled and became a sentret. I was running around the route, grinding and trying to hatch togepi. after 5 minutes with fast forward and scout reaching level 20, she hatched, and her name was Eggy. I started to grind her, with scouts help, and when i used metronome for the first time, it came out as self destruct.. I thought, screw togepi! and tossed her in my pc and moved forward. I talked to kurt, whom explained the whole slowpoke situation, and i saved their tails.. literally. After that, i went into the gym and challenged bugsy. She was no match for my all powerful sentret!

I left the gym, forgetting to heal scout up, and i tried entering azeala forest. But my rival stopped me. I thought i would have trouble against him, but he went down pretty easily. I went to the pokecenter and went forward in the forest. I saw the cutting apprentice, i believe thats what he is, and helped catch his masters farfetch'd. He gave me cut, i taught it to totodile, and i continued through. I went to the national park, thinking that snubble was there, but i was incorrect and was basically grinding scout. So i went back to goldenrod and challenged whittney. She wasn't hard at all. It might've been the fact that i had an overleveled pokemon, or it could've been the fact that the pokemon was a girl. Meh.

After defeating whitney, i went to the little garden shop thingy and got the squirtbottle. I ran over to the sudowodo, killed it, and ran into the next member of my team, Buck, the stanler! I started to grind him until i found the next three member of my team on the next route, Bully, the tauros; Moo Moo, the miltank; and Snubb, the female snubble. I started grinding them till they were all at level 20, snubb, being useless as a snubble, i got her to level 23 and taught her the 3 punches, making her a granbull. After i was done grinding, i challenged the kimono girls and got surf. Then, i went to the gym and challenged morty. I was really easy thanks to Snubbs bite.

After defeating morty, i grinded them all to level 25 (except for Scout and Snubb, who were at 29 and 28), and traveled to olivine city. I run into my rival and go to the cafe to get strength. After that, i run through the lighthouse and learn about amphy, so i give tauros surf (he can swim..?) and go to cian wood, grind them all the level 30, and grab the medicine. I then challenge the gym, the only gym that worried me. Chucks gym..
    In the end, he wasn't very hard at all. Scout took out his whole team, basically.

Surfed to olivine, gave amphy the potion, and then challenged jasmine. She wasnt hard thanks to snubbs elemental punch. And Scout... And Bully.

Ending this update now..

My Current Team...

Scout/Furret

Level 32

-Slam
    -Furry Swipes
    -Quick Attack
    -Mud-Slap

Snubb/Granbull

Level 30

-Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Bite

Buck/Stanler

Level 30

-Tackle
    -Leer
    -Hypnosis
    -Stomp

Bully/Tauros

Level 30

-Pursuit
    -Rock Smash
    -Surf
    -Horn Atack

Moo Moo/Miltank

Level 30

-Tackle
    -Milk Drink
    -Defense Curl
    -Stomp

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Platinum Update #2

Name: Haru.
    Badges: 5.
    Pokèdex: 11.

Training Riolu before getting the 6th Gym badge.

sprite.php

Lv. 39
    Close Combat
    Mach Punch
    Flame Wheel
    Punishment

sprite.php

Lv. 39
    Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Close Combat

sprite.php

Lv. 38
    Confusion
    Thunderpunch
    Force Palm
    Hi Jump Kick

sprite.php

Lv. 39
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Slash
    Psycho Cut

sprite.php

Lv. 38
    Revenge
    Poison Jab
    Mud Bomb
    Sucker Punch

sprite.php

Lv. 13
    Quick Attack
    Endure
    Counter
    Force Palm​

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Mr. Plow, I appreciate the suggestion, but from the OP:

"You can use your starter to help with training these Pokémon, but cease using it in gym battles at this point."

Odin's now on 28. >.< It's looking like it'll be a Charizard before I can beat Misty.

EDIT: BREAKTHROUGH!
    I admit. I was dumb. :D I forgot I had access to TMs. (My last challenge forbade them.) I taught Charmeleon Dig, and challenged Misty again. I one-shotted her Staryu, and two-shotted her Starmie. (She hit me with Water Gun, but I lived just long enough!)

Battle: Misty
    Results: Won
    Details: No potions used. No levels gained.

Now I can actually progress! O.O

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Update on ultimate fighting monotype challenge: My Yellow rom crashed so I'm going to start over on my Leaf Green and avoid emulators from now on :(

Also I started an ultimate fire monotype challenge and I have a level 12 charmander about to enter the Viridian forest

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • I decided Black will be my game of choice in my Unova journey. But, as I'm waiting for it to come out in English, I think I will start another UMC with another type if that's allowed.

So, if it is...I'll go for Normal...or fire...or fighting...I'll decide later.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Last update on my HGSS mono-Rock challenge:
    - I challenge Red and I BEAT HIM!!!!
    Detail of this last batle:
    He sent Pikachu, I sent Rhyperior.
    Pikachu used Iron Tail. Rhyperior used Earthquake. Pikachu fainted.
    Red sent Lapras.
    Rhyperior used Rock Wrecker. Lapras fainted.
    Red sent Venusaur. I switched for Corsola.
    Venusaur used Giga Drain. Corsola survived with her rindo Berry. Corsola used Mirror Coat. Venusaur fainted.
    Red sent Blastoise. I switched for Golem.
    Golem used explosion. Blastoise fainted.
    Red sent Snorlax. I sent Sudowoodo.
    Sudowoodo used Hammer Arm. Snorlax used Blizzard. Both survived.
    Sudowoodo used Hammer Arm. Snorlax fainted.
    Red sent Charizard. I switched for Onix.
    Charizard used Dragon Pulse. Onix used Stone Edge. Charizard Fainted.
    I win the battle :)

My Champion team:
    222.png

Corsola @ Rindo Berry - Lv 78
    Impish - Natural Cure
    - Surf
    - Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Mirror Coat

185.png

Sudowoodo @ Muscle Band - Lv 78
    Mild - Sturdy
    - Hammer Arm
    - Wood Hammer
    - Rock Slide
    - Sucker Punch

95.png

Onix @ Soft Sand - Lv 79
    Hasty - Sturdy
    - Rock Climb
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

76.png

Golem @ Quick Claw - Lv 80
    Rash - Rock Head
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Explosion
    - Double-Edge

464.png

Rhyperior @ Leftovers - Lv 82
    Naugthy - Solid Rock
    - Rock Wrecker
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer Arm
    - Fire Blast

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I would like to start the ultimate fire monotype challenge. I'll post my progress sometime tommorow if I get a chance.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Platinum Update #3-4-5

Badges: 8.
    Pokèdex: 19.

Ready for the Victory Road, already got Giratina and the Pixies trio!
    By the way, I traded some guy to my Soul Silver to get some Battle Frontier moves.

Defeated Elite Four and Champion. Now I'll be doing some aftergame story and stuff, then moving on Unova.

Platinum journey completed. Did the aftergame story, catched Dialga, Palkia and Heatran then took on E4 and Champion again.

sprite.php

Lv. 57
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Blaze Kick
    Thunderpunch

sprite.php

Lv. 56
    Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Megahorn

sprite.php

Lv. 56
    Drain Punch
    Recover
    Zen Headbutt
    Hi Jump Kick

sprite.php

Lv. 57
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cut

sprite.php

Lv. 56
    X-Scissor
    Poison Jab
    Rock Climb
    Sucker Punch

sprite.php

Lv. 57
    Aura Sphere
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Dragon Pulse​

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • Soul Silver Ultimate Fire Mono Update

Got through Petrel, Ariana, and Proton to beat the head honcho at the Radio Tower. Now onto Ice Cave and Blackthorn.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • I decided Black will be my game of choice in my Unova journey. But, as I'm waiting for it to come out in English, I think I will start another UMC with another type if that's allowed.

So, if it is...I'll go for Normal...or fire...or fighting...I'll decide later.

I've decided to go for Fighting, starting in Yellow. I'll start after Christmas.

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    Started my ultimate fire challenge yesterday and received my charmander I then made it all the way to the third gym sorry for the lack of detail but I am posting this on my phone I will be more detailed when I get to my computer next progress report

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Black Update #1

Badges: 3.
    Pokèdex: 9.

Trained around Hiun City, evolved by trading my Dotekkotsu into Roobushin, now in Resort Desert for some extra training before getting to Raimon City.

499.gif

Lv. 28
    Vengeance
    Rollout
    Rock Smash
    Nitro Charge

534.gif

Lv. 28
    Low Kick
    Little By Little
    Wake-Up Slap
    Rock Tomb