• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hau vs Hop, who would be considered the stronger trainer?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hau and Hop struck me as opposites with how they approached the journey in each story. Hau not taking it seriously, and viewing it as relaxation. (ends up developing later and begins taking battling more seriously). Hop from the beginning was trying to reach the tournament to take on his brother.

They both run into a similar situation. Hop is defeated by Bede. Hau is defeated by Gladion. Hau battles the player for the championship title, (ultra sun/moon). Hop had the chance but was knocked out of the tourney by the player character.

If they crossed paths, who would win in battle? Of course, consider it as hop in the tournament, before he obtained a legendary.

Here's an additional question for fun.

The player character is unable to make it to the tournament. Hop reaches the end and challenges his brother. Does he win?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Leans towards Hau winning. Disregards the level difference, of course. For reference:

Hop's Team
    - Dubwool (Cotton Guard, Reversal, Body Slam, Zen Headbutt)
    - Corviknight (Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Scary Face, Swagger)
    - Pincurchin (Thunderbolt, Poison Jab, Curse)
    - Snorlax (Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, and Hammer Arm)
    - Rillaboom/Inteleon/Cinderace

Hau's Team (Ultra Sun/Moon)
    - Alolan Raichu (Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Psychic, and Focus Blast)
    - Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon (Typed move, Quick Attack, Charm, and Baby-Doll Eyes)
    - Tauros (Zen Headbutt, Iron Head, Earthquake, and Double-Edge)
    - Noivern (Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Dark Pulse, and Super Fang)
    - Crabominable (Power-up Punch, Ice Hammer, Stone Edge, and Dizzy Punch)
    - Primarina/Decidueye/Incineroar

Sees very few threats on Hop's team. Accomplishes little with Dubwool, Corviknight, and Pincurchin. Contrasts with considerable muscle and coverage on Hau's team, minus the eeveelutions. Bets on Alolan Raichu ripping most of Hop's team before being stopped.

Hop versus Leon: Leon easily. Ignores the massive level difference again.

Leon's Team
    - Aegislash (King's Shield, Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword, Flash Cannon)
    - Dragapult (Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Dragon Breath)
    - Haxorus (Poison Jab, Iron Tail, Outrage, Earthquake)
    - Gigantamax Charizard (Fire Blast, Air Slash, Solar Beam, Ancient Power)

- Seismitoad + Cinderace versus Hop's Inteleon
    - Mr. Rime + Inteleon versus Hop's Rillaboom
    - Rhyperior + Rillaboom versus Hop's Cinderace

Case 1: Hop with Inteleon. How does Hop deal with Dragapult? Outspeeds Inteleon's Dark Pulse with Thunderbolt. Sees no good solution for Seismitoad either.

Case 2: Hop with Rillaboom. Struggles with Dragapult even worse. (Doubts Rillaboom's base 60 Special Attack Snarl doing much good.) What about Charizard? Snorlax? Weathers the storm, possibly. What does it do back? Resisted Heavy Slam, resisted Hammer Arm, or immune High Horsepower?

Case 3: Hop with Cinderace. Forget about the Dragapult and Charizard problem. (Remains there, for the record.) What about Rhyperior? Faces only one Special Attack on Hop's entire team: Thunderbolt. Completely lacks Water and Grass moves. Cannot count on Cinderace surviving to Counter. Falls to Corviknight to Swagger it to death.

Years
  • I think Hau - his team is a lot more threatening, like Devalue said, and I struggle to see them losing to the team Hop built up. Levels aside, when it comes to Pokémon, I think Hop (and possibly May/Brendan in RSE) are one of the weaker rivals and probably wouldn't hold their own against others.

The player character is unable to make it to the tournament. Hop reaches the end and challenges his brother. Does he win?
    Leon is hyped up to be super strong, and Hop struggles to beat others along the course of his journey. I definitely think the win goes to Leon here!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, I gotta back Hau on this one. The entire team has more synergy behind it and he wasn't, well, written to be such an underdog.

Back