• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Alright, to prevent so many threads from being created asking things like:

• Why does this Pokemon do this?
  • Why does this Gym Leader use that?

So if you have a simple question that needs to be answered, this thread is the place.

You can also ask if a Pokemon is legitimate in this thread.

Last edited:

pm_41

Gone and grown up
Years
Charmeleon (Shiny)

Lv 35

Adamant Nature - Alert to sounds - likes spicy food

OT - DAVID

ID - 02290

HP 99 - Attack 66 - Defense 48 - Sp. Attack 65 - Sp. Defense 54 - Speed 76

Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Dance, Slash, Flamethrower

No Ribbons
---------------

Is it legit?

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2008
Hiya guys. I'm rather new to the Pokemon scene (in the sense that I've never really taken it seriously, which I am now).

I've just recently recieved a Totodile over WiFi, and I trained it into a Croconaw. Well, I decided that I wanted more Totodiles, so I began to breed a Marril and the Croconaw. I've raised about 13 19 eggs, and all of them have been Marrils. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Hiya guys. I'm rather new to the Pokemon scene (in the sense that I've never really taken it seriously, which I am now).

I've just recently recieved a Totodile over WiFi, and I trained it into a Croconaw. Well, I decided that I wanted more Totodiles, so I began to breed a Marril and the Croconaw. I've raised about 13 19 eggs, and all of them have been Marrils. What am I doing wrong?

If you want to hatch Totodile, then you need to breed a female member of the Totodile family with a compatible male.
In other words, the resulting Pokémon will always be of the same species as the female at it's lowest evolutionary form.

If you can't trade for a female Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr, then breed your male one with a Ditto to get another Totodile egg.
(Ditto can breed wth any breedable Pokémon to produce an egg of the other Pokémon's species)

@ pokemonmaster_41: It appears to be legit. One can give a more accurate check if you give the full info of the Pokémon, for example -

- Pokémon nickname, if any(to see if the number of characters exceeds the limit).
- OT/ID, especially for Event Pokémon.
- If it's Lv. 100, then it could be useful to state it's Exp. points(to see if it is under or over the normal amount).
- For Event Pokémon, the date.
- Location met.
- Level met. Also whether it was caught/egg hatched, for Sinnoh-met Pokémon.
- Stats. Knowing the amount of EVs gained and in what stats, if any, is helpful for checking it's IVs.
- Ability(to see if it has a correct ability).
- Moveset(to check for illigit moves/move combinations).
- Contest stats/Sheen(especially for Milotic).
- Ribbons.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
What's so great about Darkrai?

Guy's I heard that sometime in May, Toys "R" Us will allow Darkrai to be downloaded by wireless download for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl users.

Is Darkrai even worth it?

What's so great about him?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
I just recieved pokemon diamond. I am going to start my adventure today. Which pokemon should I start out with?

It doesnt really matter in-game. DP is aimed at ages 3+ and has AI to match, so pick your favorite. Statistically, infernape hits more gym leaders/E4 members for SE damage with his stab moves, and is the highest-placed of the three in competetive play

Guy's I heard that sometime in May, Toys "R" Us will allow Darkrai to be downloaded by wireless download for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl users.

Is Darkrai even worth it?

What's so great about him?

In the uber tier, Darkrai is not as good for stats, but has once excellent thing going for it- Dark void. 80% accuracy and puts both opponenets to sleep if you like double battles. It then has bad dreams as its ability, which does more damage than lefties recover, so it's good for wearing pokes down. Its movepool is also very good for sweeping, although it's outclassed by the likes of mewtwo. You can get some ideas for movesets here and here.
For trading, it will rapidly become common. It is rare at the moment because movie darkrais are unclonable, meaning that (Hacks aside) their number is limited and have cool moves normally limited to dialga and palkia. With the arrival of clonable darkrais and possible redistribution of the event item, it may lose its rarity. However if you have the time you could soft-reset for a shiny or good IVed one, which is potentially very valuable.
As a final note, it looks pretty damn cool :)

(Wow i got carried away with that :P)

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Darkrai

Thanks for all the good info.. Since you're the Pro, is this Pokemon considered good or evil and what makes it so mysterious?

And why are people going all crazy for this character? Is it just because it's rare at the moment or is it because it looks cool?

----------------------------------------

In the uber tier, Darkrai is not as good for stats, but has once excellent thing going for it- Dark void. 80% accuracy and puts both opponenets to sleep if you like double battles. It then has bad dreams as its ability, which does more damage than lefties recover, so it's good for wearing pokes down. Its movepool is also very good for sweeping, although it's outclassed by the likes of mewtwo. You can get some ideas for movesets

For trading, it will rapidly become common. It is rare at the moment because movie darkrais are unclonable, meaning that (Hacks aside) their number is limited and have cool moves normally limited to dialga and palkia. With the arrival of clonable darkrais and possible redistribution of the event item, it may lose its rarity. However if you have the time you could soft-reset for a shiny or good IVed one, which is potentially very valuable.
As a final note, it looks pretty damn cool :)

(Wow i got carried away with that :P)[/quote]

Azonic

hello friends
Years
In the movie The Rise of Darkrai, it was actually the good Pokemon in the movie, only to be mistaken for the villain by Ash and friends. I believe it's connotation is an evil or a malevolent being though. It gives nightmares to others, so that's the base of it's ill wills for you. Darkrai is very rare at the moment and widely demanded by most trainers. Beginning Trainers think of it as a very powerful creature and look up to it because of how "cool" it is and how it is unobtainable. They look up to Darkrai because most trainers do not have him.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
To get a black trainer card you need to complete all of the following things:
Beat the Elite Four.
Win any one Master Rank Super Contest
Win 100 consecutive battles in Battle Tower
Earn a Platinum flag in the Underground (Capture 50 flags)
Capture all 493 Pokemon except Event only Pokemon.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Thanks for all the good info.. Since you're the Pro, is this Pokemon considered good or evil and what makes it so mysterious?

And why are people going all crazy for this character? Is it just because it's rare at the moment or is it because it looks cool?

Woop I'm a pro :D
But yeah, as clade said, Anime= Good darkrai, he help with the dialga and palkia crisis. Game= Evil darkrai, he puts little children into comas for no apparent reason which isnt nice. Since the games were the original products i prefer to go by them over the cartoons which are far too kiddy which jeapordises their consistency with the games.

And atm it's very rare, and events are popular anyway. That makes darkrai very collectable atm. Once the second event arrives its general value will decrease, but the movie darkrais will still maintain their popularity due to their cool ribbon and moves. Plus these new ones won't actually be events, they will just be caught using even items.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Is this pokemon fake?
Abra Lv 1
Shiny
Moves: Teleport, fire blast, syncronize, shadow ball
Caught with a master ball?!?!?!
is this possible it could be real?

Not a chance.
The Master Ball suggests that it was caught wild, and you cannot find a wild Lv. 1 Abra anywhere. None of the Abra family is capable of learning Fire Blast either.

By the way, you put Synchronize in it's moveset.. I assume you meant that it is it's ability? :O

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Darkrai download

How long does it take to download a character from these events? I've never been to one and is it easy to do?

---------

Woop I'm a pro :D
But yeah, as clade said, Anime= Good darkrai, he help with the dialga and palkia crisis. Game= Evil darkrai, he puts little children into comas for no apparent reason which isnt nice. Since the games were the original products i prefer to go by them over the cartoons which are far too kiddy which jeapordises their consistency with the games.

And atm it's very rare, and events are popular anyway. That makes darkrai very collectable atm. Once the second event arrives its general value will decrease, but the movie darkrais will still maintain their popularity due to their cool ribbon and moves. Plus these new ones won't actually be events, they will just be caught using even items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back