• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite TM Moves?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
When I was a kid I really liked razor wind for some reason. I thought it sounded and looked cool, even though it wasn't that good lol. I always taught it to any Pokemon on my team that could learn it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
TM28 or Dig is my favorite. I always teach it to Sandshrew too since it doesn't learn any Ground type moves naturally despite being a Ground Type Pokemon. Goes a long way to kicking Lt.Surge's butt and allows me to forego having to use Diglett or other Rock/Ground Type Pokemon. Slash, Swift, Sand Attack and Dig... good times.

Years
I really loved Rock Slide back then (TM 48). I thought it had been a very powerful move due to the fancy animation and sound effects it got. I always make sure to teach it to my Nidoking in playthroughs. The move was also pretty good at taking down Lance's Dragonite.

See what I mean? :0

LUXIOtheBEST2

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account... again
Years
I really loved TM25 Thunderbolt! I just so epic and very useful in many ways. I would teach it to a lot of Pokemon that can use Thunderbolt such as Raichu (obviously). I also love the animation as well. It fits so well.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I really loved TM25 Thunderbolt! I just so epic and very useful in many ways. I would teach it to a lot of Pokemon that can use Thunderbolt such as Raichu (obviously). I also love the animation as well. It fits so well.

TM25 was Thunder, not Thunderbolt. TM24 is Thunderbolt ;) Solid choice for a move though. Most popular Electric attack in the game due to its accuracy and the fact no Pokemon learns it naturally(except Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. Haven't tried to see if Ditto Glitch Pikachu learn it naturally in Yellow yet though).

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Maybe Body Slam? It's obtained relatively early and it's powerful enough to be useful for the whole game. Though I just became aware that it can't paralyze normal-type pokemon (only in Gen 1) What the hell. {XD}

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
I always enjoyed teaching TM 18 Counter to my bulky Pokemon in Gen 1 playthroughs. Since I never played Gen 1 until after Gen 4 I remember it feeling like a glorified version of Endeavor.

Years
Ice Beam, Blizzard, Rock Slide, Dig, Earthquake, Thunder Blot, Psychic and Body Slam are my go to TM for most if not all of my gen 1 runs. I also use Thunder Wave if I want a status inflicting move and occasionally Bubble Beam, Take Down or Double Edge for coverage if I don't have better options.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Loved having Metronome on TM35. I love the randomness of the move and giving it to my Electabuzz for a bit of unpredictability and fun! :P

Guest123_x1

One of my favorite TMs is Rock Slide. On most of my Generation I playings, I would have a Geodude/Graveler, which I would use that particular TM on to replace the horrifically inaccurate Rock Throw.

On my 2DS playings of Blue and Yellow, I'm using Sandshrew/Sandslash instead of Geodude/Graveler/Golem, and have taught Sandslash this move to fill the rock-type attack role that I traditionally have had on my team.

Another one high on my list is Dig. Makes an excellent substitute for Escape Ropes, you know.

Back