• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] It Begins/It Grows/It Ends

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • I dropped a short thing in the idea dump thread about this forever ago and have been building on it for a while. I was going to do something with it earlier but Time Police had been my main focus and when it flopped I decided to just wait a while and really figure things out before rushing into it. It begins, It grows and It ends are a three part journey which take you through the conception, growth and destruction of a universe and its gods/inhabitants that's an almost solely action based rp. The first part begins at the end of a dying universe. The two remaining Gods at that time use their powers to give birth to a new universe and separate it into it's own space/time thing. The universe begins as a single atom(or something, still trying to make something up. maybe ill just put it in a separate dimension. idk.) with an infinite expanse of space within which the two remaining Gods divvy up their powers to the hundreds of beings which they have just created and placed in there. Throughout the RP the players will be acting as these new beings, fighting each other, building alliances and forming truces until they've become powerful enough to break through the barrier which holds this universe together. Then they'll bust out and continue to fight as the universe begins to grow based on the remaining beings' ideas of how life should be and blah blah blah stuff for later for it grows. Then in It Ends the creations that live in the finished universe will revolt and their universe will begin to come apart. So yeah, it's not the most complex of things. There's not going to be a ton of rules, but what I need most is some characters. I would prefer to start the rp out with a selection of pre-built characters that people can choose from and play as. I would say somewhere around 10 or so (but then there'll be a good deal of NPCs since at least half of the pcs should still be alive for the sequel, but should all be around level 4 or 5. so if you want to make more then by all means go ahead. less work for me :) ), and their powers can vary from something mundane like being able to grow your hair really fast to something OP like creation in general or time manipulation. I will have a level system but it will vary depending on the powers, personality and growth of each character. As you defeat enemies you will absorb both their memories and the powers that they had. So some examples of character sheets and power levels would be

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I do plan to make the time power based character up myself though, so that would be the only one off of the table. Other than that, I'm just asking for some people willing to take an hour or so and make up some somewhat unique characters.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not sure I understand how this would actually work. What could a RPer expect to be doing in a typical post in "It Begins", for example?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Interact with other characters either through fighting or talking, try to decide if they actually want to fight their brothers and sisters, and whatever else you can think to do. Like the first post they would be born and then hear a speech from their parents telling them why they were born and what for, and then they would make the decision on how they would want to live their lives until someone else made the decision to kill them or team up with them. It's like doing the story mode of a fighting game, only with a little bit more depth and creativity.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm interested in helping you out, but I also have a few questions.

So they're born, is the world born (or a world born)? Is this more... sandbox-y? They're born, told why they were born, decide whether or not to rebel/fight, and then? Is that it for the first chapter? Simply fight with their brothers and sisters or co-mingle? Does enemies mean their brothers and sisters or are there actual enemies to fight?

I think I may be overthinking and confusing myself so just asking for clarification sake.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Interact with other characters either through fighting or talking, try to decide if they actually want to fight their brothers and sisters, and whatever else you can think to do. Like the first post they would be born and then hear a speech from their parents telling them why they were born and what for, and then they would make the decision on how they would want to live their lives until someone else made the decision to kill them or team up with them. It's like doing the story mode of a fighting game, only with a little bit more depth and creativity.
    But I mean, would it be set in our real world here, or on some Homestuck like planetoid or... Where would they exist? It sounds a bit abstract to me o:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • But I mean, would it be set in our real world here, or on some Homestuck like planetoid or... Where would they exist? It sounds a bit abstract to me o:

An dimension of indefinite proportions, land that goes on forever and a sky that never ends. And also some rather large bodies of water here and there. It is pretty abstract because they are at the center of an unformed universe. Once they grow powerful enough they burst out from the place they're in and cause an explosion that creates our universe.

I'm interested in helping you out, but I also have a few questions.

So they're born, is the world born (or a world born)? Is this more... sandbox-y? They're born, told why they were born, decide whether or not to rebel/fight, and then? Is that it for the first chapter? Simply fight with their brothers and sisters or co-mingle? Does enemies mean their brothers and sisters or are there actual enemies to fight?

I think I may be overthinking and confusing myself so just asking for clarification sake.

The world comes into existence just before they do. It is a little more sandbox-y. And yeah that's pretty much it for the first chapter. In the second chapter it grows to be a little bit more in depth than just fight and talk. And yes enemies means their brothers and sisters. They are fighting for the rights to create a universe as they see fit.

Back