• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
*SCREAMS HIGH PITCH AND WITH CAPITAL LETTERS* STOOOOPP. Whatever. I did put this on his tombstone though
we_ll_send_you_a_hogwarts_toilet_seat__by_ambassador_brouwer-d7jf7gs.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh wow. The Harry Potter world is amazing.... -ly detailed d:

If you guys had your own want, what would you like its core to be made of? A phoenix feather, a unicorn hair or a dragon's heartstring?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
YOU DONT CHOOSE THE WAND RIKA THE WAND CHOOSES YOU :P

I belieeve Pottermore gave me Dragon's Heartstring - for reference:
Dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

This is one of the rarest core types. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn hair or dragon heartstring cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Unicorn hair can be used in wandmaking; they produce the most consistent magic, least subject to fluctuations and blockages, most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts and the most faithful of wands. However, they do not make the most powerful of wands (unless the wandwood compensates) and are prone to melancholy if mishandled. Garrick Ollivander made wands with unicorn hairs.

Aaand I think we have the first points of the semester!

Years
I'm pretty sure I'm most suited to dragon heartstrings from those definitions. Although I fancy myself more as a wizard inclined to use wandless magic - Uagadou School of Magic is the most interesting sounding school in the Harry Potter universe to me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Gimme a Unicorn Hair wand and I'll be alright lol

Years
/slowly drives up alone in a carriage pulled by thestrals.

Hello? /Knocks on door.

Is Hogwarts still open? If so, I'm a transfer student from Ilvermorny. I was wondering if it's still possible to enroll?

I was tested so that I know I would be a ravenclaw if accepted. I'm a half-blood witch.

/Pulls out wand

I was chosen by an elder and dragon heartstring wand.

Years
/slowly drives up alone in a carriage pulled by thestrals.

Hello? /Knocks on door.

Is Hogwarts still open? If so, I'm a transfer student from Ilvermorny. I was wondering if it's still possible to enroll?

I was tested so that I know I would be a ravenclaw if accepted. I'm a half-blood witch.

/Pulls out wand

I was chosen by an elder and dragon heartstring wand.

I'll help and try to revive this thread as well. Been a big Harry Potter fan my whole life! I have done the Pottermore sorting many times and have gotten Gryffindor every time. My wand is ebony wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and hard flexibility, and my patronus is a weasel!
ktjbpcwbpf4y.jpg

Years
That weasel is awesome, my Patronus is an octopus.

Anyone yearning to take a particular class? I'm really excited about the prospect of a Care of Magical Creatures class.

Years
Oh neat I didn't know that was on option but it's very cool. I'm with you on care of magical creatures, potions class as well, I'm a cook and I feel like some of the skills would translate well.

Years
I got my books for class.

I would like to bring my dog with me too, but since my letter only mentioned cats, rats and owls as familiars to possibly accompany students, I am prepared to bring my cat.

Here he is!

Years
I got my books for class.

I would like to bring my dog with me too, but since my letter only mentioned cats, rats and owls as familiars to possibly accompany students, I am prepared to bring my cat.

Here he is!

I love those books, all I have is an old copy of care for magical creatures!

Years
I love those books, all I have is an old copy of care for magical creatures!

That's one I don't have, awesome! Maybe we cam study together and share notes from our books.

I saw the Monster Book of Monsters for sale, but unfortunately it's just a prop/plush. There are no pages to read. I'd by it if I could.
https://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter...f+monsters+Harry+Potter&qid=1604857661&sr=8-3

I have been browsing Geek Gear lately, seeing all sorts of lovely things. I have been a little reluctant to order from faraway because mail by owl has been slow lately due to plague. But I am tempted to sign up for the monthly box of theirs. You might be sent wands, potions, art, clothes and all sorts of goodies at random.

https://www.geekgearbox.com/?currency=EUR

Years
That's one I don't have, awesome! Maybe we cam study together and share notes from our books.

I saw the Monster Book of Monsters for sale, but unfortunately it's just a prop/plush. There are no pages to read. I'd by it if I could.
https://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter...f+monsters+Harry+Potter&qid=1604857661&sr=8-3

I have been browsing Geek Gear lately, seeing all sorts of lovely things. I have been a little reluctant to order from faraway because mail by owl has been slow lately due to plague. But I am tempted to sign up for the monthly box of theirs. You might be sent wands, potions, art, clothes and all sorts of goodies at random.

https://www.geekgearbox.com/?currency=EUR

Yeah and owls really hate wearing their masks. 😂 Once the plague is more under control and galleons are easier to come by it might be something to look into! I want a new wizard chess set!

Rose Oni

Pokemon Trainer and Digimon Tamer
Years
My name is Rose Oni, and I am proud to say I am a part of Ravenclaw.

Been a fan of the franchise for years. While I am not a fan of the original creator due to things I will not discuss here, I can't help but love the universe she made. Truly a favorite of mine.

Let's see here... Will an Eurasian Eagle Owl be fine to bring? I sure hope so!

Oh, are we trying out for Quidditch soon? I have played at a friend's house. I'm pretty good on a broom already, and I have been told I make quite the rough Beater. I can be a Seeker, but I much prefer smacking the Bludgers. Been told I have pretty good aim.

No items as of right now sadly. I want some Ravenclaw robes and a wand. I have one on Pottermore that I would love to have made.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

school announcements

Welcome, new students! I have added you guys to your respective Houses in the OP. Thanks for reviving the club!

House Cup & Points

As activity has slowed a bit on the forums since its inception, I think a bit of reworking is in order to fit the more lax atmosphere. Instead of awarding a House Cup every month, I think it may be better to keep a static tally of points for now - depending on how activity goes, we can determine from there at what interval the House Cup should be rewarded, perhaps.

House Points will be awarded as per the guidelines of the first post, which means since the revival of the club, VisionofMilotic and Figure are both 1 post away from earning 10 points for their respective Houses! Don't forget to raise your hand (ie. use the gif from OP).

Scattered Notes

I've come up with a new little event(?)! More like an ongoing game, really - more info in the thread's Bulletin Board.

(Your Fantastic Beasts textbook should come in handy!)

School Supplies

Finally, if anyone else wants to do the Shopping List Scavenger Hunt as well, I will also keep that open. So for the picture VisionofMilotic posted of her wand, course books and animal companion, she has earned 15 points for Ravenclaw!

That's all for the announcements for now, happy chatting!

Years
Sweet <3

We had all the hardback books in Swedish when I was a kid (and growing up, I was always roughly the same age as Harry when the books came out!). But now they're kind of worn and sit at my parents' home. I want to get my own collection. The Swedish covers are quite amazing, probably the best imo. Their original titles were in silvery metal shimmer, and all the pages inside had little stars in the corners outlining the page numbers and chapter titles. Magical reading experience.

harry-potter-svenska-omslag.jpg

Wow those covers are incredible!

Years

Rest in peace fair Narcissa

Raising my wand in tribute to Helen Mcrory, the talented actress who portrayed Draco's fierce lioness of a mother Narcissa on the silver screen, and has starred in many acclaimed films, television series and plays.

I was deeply saddened to hear that this great actress had passed away recently, losing a battle with a cancer. It's especially sad to hear of her death at a relatively young age, when she should have had many more years with us making wonderful art.

It sounds like this pretty lady was really fun and lovely, charming to soul to be around from what others have said about her. My love and thoughts go to her family right now.

I always thought that Narcissa was a cool character in the book. She was always my favorite of the three Black sisters. I think Helen Mcrory did a fantastic job portraying the silver-haired witch descended from the ancient house of Black, and the practical head that saves the Malfoy family. I think she really captured the standoffish aristocratic bearing that the character was described with, and was soft-spoken, yet very intense in the role, carrying the gravity of the desperate situation her family finds herself in. She convinced me of her strength and love for her son in the face of great danger, and willingness to do anything, lie, betray, kill. She was one of the highlights of the ladies in the Potterverse.

Fun fact: Helen Mcrory was originally hired to play the part of Bellatrix Lestrange in Order of the Phoenix, but McCrory became pregnant and was not able to the play the role in her condition, so she debuted instead as Narcissa in the Half Blood Prince.

I have included a video of 5 interesting details about the character of Narcissa Malfoy for analysis in honor of the late Helen Mcrory.

We have lost some truly beloved artists from the cast. This list remembers all of the witches, wizards, muggles, goblins and magical creatures we will miss.

https://www.thelist.com/383561/harry-potter-stars-whove-sadly-passed-away/

Last edited:
Back