• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music 2017 Albums

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    What albums are you looking forward to this year, or, what artists are you hoping put out an album this year?

For me, it's simple. Foster The People. It's about time for their 3rd album. Bring it on!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh shit, are they still around? I loved Torches, but didn't even listen to the second album they put out. I heard it wasn't good -- even from huge fans. So I just kind of passed, and I didn't have the money at the time anyway. Guess I could give it a listen. Here's hoping their third album is good because I was super into them back in '11.

As for me, I'm looking forward to Ed Sheeran. I grabbed + at the airport in London on the way home in early 2012 and was really happy with it -- then he broke through here in the US so that was nice to see, ahaha. Loved X even more, so I have high hopes for Divide. I don't have a Divide sign on my keyboard hmm. Apparently Coldplay has something dropping this year which eh. Shrug. Might give it a listen.

Gorillaz, Lorde, Logic, SZA, and Schoolboy Q are also listed to be dropping something in 2017 so I'll look forward to that, if that happens to be true. I'm going to be honest, I usually just grab albums as they come and don't pay attention to who is dropping and when -- aside from a select few artists. I was counting the days down for Kings of Leon to drop WALLS.

I don't see them listed on the page I'm looking at, but I keep seeing Pendulum post shit on their Facebook implying they're doing something this year, so out of all of this, I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most. Their last release was in 2010 and as I recall, wasn't enjoyed by many? I really liked Immersion, so whatever. But anyway...we'll see.

Years
  • The xx and Bonobo have already kicked off the year with stunning new albums and I heard they're damn good. Helps I did hear some of the lead-up singles in the past month as well, and since it had been a while since their last albums, they didn't disappoint.

I am also on the "new Foster The People album pls" bandwagon as well, because I had been notably keeping up with what's been happening (thank you Tumblr) and I hope that they take what made their last two albums and make it what fans would want for so long. It needs to be a "best of both worlds" by having the popular sounds of Torches and the deeper themes that Supermodel had.

I am also anticipating hopefully a new album for Vampire Weekend (Ezra, I'm sick of you lying) and maybe Arctic Monkeys as well? 2017 needs to be the year all the bands of this generation make spectacular comebacks.

Years
  • I hope alt-j drops a third album this year or at least announces something, since its been three years after 'This is all yours' ;c

I completely forgot about them! Hard to believe they've been so quiet for this long now, since they're a great band and it's baffling that we haven't heard much about them since that last album.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Slowdive, Ride, Spoon, ScHoolboy Q, Joey Bada$$, Madlib, Eminem, Pusha T, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, LCD Soundsystem and Arctic Monkeys are all lined up to release something this year, so I am a little excited to say the least.

Not to mention I'm still waiting for Yeezy to drop Turbo Grafx 16 at any moment's notice

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm also someone who doesn't actively know when things are going to be released. Buuut I did decide to look at what's anticipated to come out in 2017 and there are a few I'll be keeping tabs on:

Jenny Lewis (I haven't heard anything on this, except for one list, but I'd be SO game)
    Beck
    Alice Glass
    Slowdive
    Bjork
    Missy Elliott
    Cloud Nothings
    The Shins

Back