• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I get a 3ds crash (using luma) when starting the game.
Any advice?

There's usually an easy fix for this, but I'll need more information to help. Let me know which version of the hack you're playing so I can check the game files for problems, and double check that you don't have the XY title update installed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
There's usually an easy fix for this, but I'll need more information to help. Let me know which version of the hack you're playing so I can check the game files for problems, and double check that you don't have the XY title update installed.
Thanks for your support.
It was because of the update, so the game must not be updated, correct?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for your support.
It was because of the update, so the game must not be updated, correct?

You're welcome! Yeah, the .code file in the update doesn't work with the hack, though you can sacrifice a few features to fix that (namely the mart edits). The only major bug that the update fixes is the Lumiose save glitch, and that's easily avoided or fixed if you do encounter it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
Dear Mr. Salty Buffet, (Just kidding :D)
There's this annoying "bug" that breaks the mood and the point of this whole mod.
The thing is that every Pokemon that you receive in-game like for instance the Kanto Starters that you receive from Professor, and the Pokemon that you receive from exchanging Fossils all have their IV's set to max (31) which makes them strong in comparison to the rest of your team.
It's easy if we just shove our save file into an editor and randomize the IV's, but if you could fix it that would be nice.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Dear Mr. Salty Buffet, (Just kidding :D)
There's this annoying "bug" that breaks the mood and the point of this whole mod.
The thing is that every Pokemon that you receive in-game like for instance the Kanto Starters that you receive from Professor, and the Pokemon that you receive from exchanging Fossils all have their IV's set to max (31) which makes them strong in comparison to the rest of your team.
It's easy if we just shove our save file into an editor and randomize the IV's, but if you could fix it that would be nice.
Thank you.

Haha, can't say I expected anyone to complain about that particular feature. I do see your point though, I suppose I could lower the number of perfect IVs to three to make the gifts on par with wild baby Pokemon. I'll be updating movesets to include USUM changes sometime soon so I'll make the change then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
Haha, can't say I expected anyone to complain about that particular feature. I do see your point though, I suppose I could lower the number of perfect IVs to three to make the gifts on par with wild baby Pokemon. I'll be updating movesets to include USUM changes sometime soon so I'll make the change then.

Thank you very much, no hurries though. I'll be trying your new changes for sure once I re-play the game in "Insanity mode". I love the fact that you "transformed" weaker moves into new ones so to speak that are actually viable, and that you're willing to update the movesets to include USUM changes. It is honestly one of my favorite features. I wish Dio made implemented those changes into his mods as well.

By the way, do you know how to increase (greatly increase I mean) the XP that an under leveled Pokemon earns when fighting a higher leveled Pokemon? It would be nice if you could catch a different Pokemon mid-game or mid-story and easily train him to have is lvl on par with your team.
Not asking you to implement this in your mod ofc, just saying that if you know how to do it and if you don't mind telling me, would you care to explain what would I have to do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you very much, no hurries though. I'll be trying your new changes for sure once I re-play the game in "Insanity mode". I love the fact that you "transformed" weaker moves into new ones so to speak that are actually viable, and that you're willing to update the movesets to include USUM changes. It is honestly one of my favorite features. I wish Dio made implemented those changes into his mods as well.

By the way, do you know how to increase (greatly increase I mean) the XP that an under leveled Pokemon earns when fighting a higher leveled Pokemon? It would be nice if you could catch a different Pokemon mid-game or mid-story and easily train him to have is lvl on par with your team.
Not asking you to implement this in your mod ofc, just saying that if you know how to do it and if you don't mind telling me, would you care to explain what would I have to do?

No problem! A lot of the Pokemon changes in gen VII were brilliant, and with how easy it is to make small updates for a 3DS mod there was really no reason not to include them.

Changing EXP gain based on level is possible, but it'd be very difficult to do on a 3DS game (you'd need to find the routine(s) that determine EXP gain, then insert your own routine and have the game jump to that whenever it would usually run the normal code). It's beyond my ability to help you with that i'm afraid.

Also, version 2.1 is up now, which includes all the level up and egg move changes from USUM added to the level up movesets of affected Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2023
Hey,

I patched my Y with the Online version and I'm at Viola's gym right now. The trainers have all of the Pokemon as in the Rebalanced game; Viola has 4 Pokemon; but none of the Wild Pokemon encounters have been changed from the original. I'm still encountering level 2-5 Pokemon in Route 3, and none of the new ones are showing up.

I don't think I patched the game incorrectly, because it shows Wilting Y at start-up. Is this behavior intended?

EDIT: Just saw Page 13, which implies that yes, this behavior is intended. If I were to replace my Online patch with a Rebalanced patch, will my game save still be happy?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey,

I patched my Y with the Online version and I'm at Viola's gym right now. The trainers have all of the Pokemon as in the Rebalanced game; Viola has 4 Pokemon; but none of the Wild Pokemon encounters have been changed from the original. I'm still encountering level 2-5 Pokemon in Route 3, and none of the new ones are showing up.

I don't think I patched the game incorrectly, because it shows Wilting Y at start-up. Is this behavior intended?

EDIT: Just saw Page 13, which implies that yes, this behavior is intended. If I were to replace my Online patch with a Rebalanced patch, will my game save still be happy?
That's definitely intended; the idea with the online version is that everything you encounter will be able to be transferred to Pokemon Bank or used online. It's a bit of a mess though, as the wild Pokemon don't keep up with the level curve at all.

Your game save will always be 100% compatible with any other version of the hack (and even the vanilla games), so feel free to switch versions whenever you want.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2018
Hi, I just finished a Nuzlocke run of Pokémon Rising Ruby by Dreyano (if you're familiar with it) and had a few questions:
1. Would you consider this mod to be a good candidate for a nuzlocke run? Or would the difficulty be a tad too ridiculous? For what it's worth, I intend to play without exp share and battle style as SET.
2. I'm going to assume insanity is out of the question. I want to play it on rebalanced. Thoughts?
3. How is the Level spread? Am I expected to be level 100 by E4?
4. Is there post game content/rematches?

Thanks!

Edit : I'd also love any insight or advice you can offer on my first playthrough!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I just finished a Nuzlocke run of Pokémon Rising Ruby by Dreyano (if you're familiar with it) and had a few questions:
1. Would you consider this mod to be a good candidate for a nuzlocke run? Or would the difficulty be a tad too ridiculous? For what it's worth, I intend to play without exp share and battle style as SET.
2. I'm going to assume insanity is out of the question. I want to play it on rebalanced. Thoughts?
3. How is the Level spread? Am I expected to be level 100 by E4?
4. Is there post game content/rematches?

Thanks!

Edit : I'd also love any insight or advice you can offer on my first playthrough!

1. If you cleared Rising Ruby you should be fine with rebalanced, the difficulty level will be fairly similar. However, I'd suggest that you play with the EXP share on, as the mod is balanced around it being on the entire time and you'll fall behind quickly without it.

2. I've seen one person successfully Nuzlocke insanity, so it's definitely possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

3. You're expected to be low to mid 80's by the Elite 4.

4. I've edited the Looker quest battles, the post game rival battles and the entire Battle Chateau, including Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches. I can't say if they're actually good battles though, as I never bothered grinding to a high enough Chateau rank to test them.

I can definitely offer some advice for a Nuzlocke playthrough:
  • Use the restaurants to grind; you'll earn more money than you spend and they all have teams that give a lot of EXP. Be aware that they have silly gimmick sets and might not be free EXP until you're a higher level than them.
  • Some of the multi battles can be pretty nasty, so you may want to focus on defeating one opponent first to make them easier.
  • Evolve your starter before challenging Viola, and consider picking up the Smack Down TM in the Santalune mart if you choose Froakie.
  • Route trainers tend to be at slightly lower levels than bosses, so if you're feeling overlevelled on a route it's probably not an issue.
  • The first encounter on Route 2 is always a Speed Boost Torchic; it's meant to emulate the event one that was available when XY launched. It replaces the scripted Pidgey that some people like to skip in XY Nuzlockes, so may want to ignore it if you'd prefer a random encounter.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2018
1. If you cleared Rising Ruby you should be fine with rebalanced, the difficulty level will be fairly similar. However, I'd suggest that you play with the EXP share on, as the mod is balanced around it being on the entire time and you'll fall behind quickly without it.

2. I've seen one person successfully Nuzlocke insanity, so it's definitely possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

3. You're expected to be low to mid 80's by the Elite 4.

4. I've edited the Looker quest battles, the post game rival battles and the entire Battle Chateau, including Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches. I can't say if they're actually good battles though, as I never bothered grinding to a high enough Chateau rank to test them.

I can definitely offer some advice for a Nuzlocke playthrough:
  • Use the restaurants to grind; you'll earn more money than you spend and they all have teams that give a lot of EXP. Be aware that they have silly gimmick sets and might not be free EXP until you're a higher level than them.
  • Some of the multi battles can be pretty nasty, so you may want to focus on defeating one opponent first to make them easier.
  • Evolve your starter before challenging Viola, and consider picking up the Smack Down TM in the Santalune mart if you choose Froakie.
  • Route trainers tend to be at slightly lower levels than bosses, so if you're feeling overlevelled on a route it's probably not an issue.
  • The first encounter on Route 2 is always a Speed Boost Torchic; it's meant to emulate the event one that was available when XY launched. It replaces the scripted Pidgey that some people like to skip in XY Nuzlockes, so may want to ignore it if you'd prefer a random encounter.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Not going to lie, I despise triple and rotation battles, since they feel a bit unfair, but I'm sure I can manage to figure it out. I'll take your advice and leave exp share on, if the game was intended that way. Haven't decided on a starter yet since I haven't checked the Pokémon changes, but leaning towards Froakie just to emulate my original XY run. Can't wait to start!

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2017
Is there an easier way to encounter legendaries? I'm on the rebalanced version and encountered Kyurem, but unlucky critical killed it and I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it again.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there an easier way to encounter legendaries? I'm on the rebalanced version and encountered Kyurem, but unlucky critical killed it and I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it again.
Unfortunately not, I probably should have made them higher levels so you could use repels to find them faster.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
3 quick questions, not sure if they've been answered in the 16 pages of thread.

1. I know the quick installation uses Luma's patch system. Is it possible (and if so how) to utilize a no-outlines patch with this hack? I know such patches also tend to utilize code.bin patches on Luma.

2. Is this hack compatible with PKSM? Likely yes, since I don't recall reading anything about the SAV being modified, but checking.

3. Is there a (relatively) easy way to change Starter options? I wanted to run this challenge with a specific non-starter Pokemon from the start without manually creating it and injecting.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
3 quick questions, not sure if they've been answered in the 16 pages of thread.

1. I know the quick installation uses Luma's patch system. Is it possible (and if so how) to utilize a no-outlines patch with this hack? I know such patches also tend to utilize code.bin patches on Luma.

2. Is this hack compatible with PKSM? Likely yes, since I don't recall reading anything about the SAV being modified, but checking.

3. Is there a (relatively) easy way to change Starter options? I wanted to run this challenge with a specific non-starter Pokemon from the start without manually creating it and injecting.

Surprisingly I don't think they have been answered yet.
1.) It should be possible to use a no-outlines patch by applying the patch to the mod's code.bin file; I haven't changed the size of this file, so I can't see any reason the patch wouldn't work (unless it's designed for the official 1.5 update for XY, in which case it probably won't work at all).

2.) Yeah, the save file is unchanged, so PKSM should work. You can use saves from the base game with the mod, and vice-versa.

3.) To change the starters you'd have to edit the dllfield.cro file. To do that you'd have to unpack a XY ROM with Asia81's 3DS hacking toolkit, then edit it with pk3ds. It's not too hard but could take a while. You might also be able to do it with just a hex editor and the mod's dllfield file, and I could walk you through the steps required to do this if you'd like.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
3.) To change the starters you'd have to edit the dllfield.cro file. To do that you'd have to unpack a XY ROM with Asia81's 3DS hacking toolkit, then edit it with pk3ds. It's not too hard but could take a while. You might also be able to do it with just a hex editor and the mod's dllfield file, and I could walk you through the steps required to do this if you'd like.

I already have HxD, so yeah. I guess I would primarily need to know the directory of the file and the offsets to change.

I imagine I would be changing values to match pokedex number.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I already have HxD, so yeah. I guess I would primarily need to know the directory of the file and the offsets to change.

I imagine I would be changing values to match pokedex number.

Brilliant, this should be easy for you. You'll want to open up DllField.cro in HxD. Cro files are found in the mod's romfs folder, with the "a" folder. An example directory for Eternal X Rebalanced's cro file would be "Eternal X 2.1\Game Files\Rebalanced version\luma\titles\0004000000055D00\romfs." Then you'll need to search the file for the following hex values:

8A 02 00 00 00 05 00 FF FF 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 8D 02 00 00 00 05 00 FF FF 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 90 02 00 00 00 05 00

Seems you already know this, but you'll need to change the values in red to the species indexes of your new set of starters. There's a list of indexes here if you need it. Note that the bytes in the cro file are little endian.

I haven't tested this method, but I don't think the cro files have any checksums to worry about, so there shouldn't be any problems with it. If the game freezes on start up, let me know and we can try something else.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
Is "Endian" what you mean when 0x28A shows up as 8A 02?

So instead of 0xABC, it would be BC 0A?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
Well that didn't work. Chespin is still Chespin. I'd replaced the values of all 3 starters with a new starter-triangle, and while I'd assumed the cutscene and selection would still show the originals, even in Party Chespin remained Chespin.

Back