• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey man, the changes are also on my game, but the title screen is not changed.
Im using Insanity Mode on Pokemon X and Luma 8.1. Hope you can fix that soon (just cosmetic, but need that to see if the mod worked) and thanks for that =D.

Hey, I still can't replicate this issue, which is strange considering that three people have reported it now. Could you check that your 3DS SD card contains a file named "6" in luma\titles\0004000000055D00\romfs\a\1 ?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
Hello

i have the same problem withe the start screen!

But the luma folder have n o titles folder.

Everything it is in the Nintendo 3DS folder installed with FBI

D:\Nintendo 3DS\500a6796ef12a0c869283d3bc0c25186\41a700fa4707bfcf534530340002544d\title\00040000\00055d00

By the way: Let me say this is the best Pokemon Version / Game i have ever played!!! Its pretty awsome!

Are there more Signales where i can see that is Eternal X ? If i put the HOME Button and you see "Pokemon Eternal X".

I have see Torchic and yes the sells the cherish balls ! :)

Question Nr.2 Its possible to upload the offical patches from Gamefreak.. then i can build a working CIA for all :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello

i have the same problem withe the start screen!

But the luma folder have n o titles folder.

Everything it is in the Nintendo 3DS folder installed with FBI

D:\Nintendo 3DS\500a6796ef12a0c869283d3bc0c25186\41a700fa4707bfcf534530340002544d\title\00040000\00055d00

By the way: Let me say this is the best Pokemon Version / Game i have ever played!!! Its pretty awsome!

Are there more Signales where i can see that is Eternal X ? If i put the HOME Button and you see "Pokemon Eternal X".

I have see Torchic and yes the sells the cherish balls ! :)

Question Nr.2 Its possible to upload the offical patches from Gamefreak.. then i can build a working CIA for all :D

I still can't replicate this title screen issue with any version of the game. I'll try removing the need to layer the versions on top of each other when installing and see if that helps anyone, seeing as the legal version seems to be working and it's the one that includes the title screen file. The downloads will be quite a bit bigger, but I think this will probably fix the problem.

If you've installed the game with FBI instead there won't be any parts of it the luma folder, that's only used with luma's game patching feature.

I'm glad you like the game! You should be able to see the other changes fairly quickly; every trainer in the game will have a different team, and there will be even more wild Pokemon variety; you could look for a Petilil, Cottonee or Slakoth in Santalune Forest to confirm that these changes are working.

Unfortunately I don't have the official patches on my PC anymore, but you should be able to find a download for them in .cia format somewhere. As far as I know no one has managed to get them to work completely with all the changes in the mod, but you're welcome to try.

I'll have an update up shortly to fix some trainer AI issues, and hopefully get this title screen thing sorted too.

EDIT: update 2.02 is now available. This fixes a trainer AI issue in insanity mode, and also reworks the installation process so that you don't need to copy files from other versions to play rebalanced or insanity. Hopefully this will also fix the title screen issue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
EDIT: update 2.02 is now available. This fixes a trainer AI issue in insanity mode, and also reworks the installation process so that you don't need to copy files from other versions to play rebalanced or insanity. Hopefully this will also fix the title screen issue.
The title screen is fixed. Thanks once again
PS: Which level does Phantump evolves? It is not on evolution chart.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Hey im having a problem. So i followed the instructions exactly as written, everything seemed to be fine,it even showed eternal in the title screen. However, when the game starts, after the opening cinematic with the fletchling and all, i just get a black screen. I even tried to save the game in vanilla x after the cinematic but same result.
I tried both nerf viola and luma "a" folder to rebuild the romfs but nothing changed.
I have played neo x and rising ruby version before and everything was fine.
Any idea? Should i try doing the traditionnal method? ( without the shortcut you made)

Thanks i advance, really looking foward to playing this hack

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
The title screen is fixed. Thanks once again
PS: Which level does Phantump evolves? It is not on evolution chart.

Never mind. It just evolved on level 32 😁

Good to know that worked! Looks I completely forgot that all of the Gen VI trade evolutions existed when I made the documents, (though somehow they all have alternate methods in the game), I'll get that fixed now.

Hey im having a problem. So i followed the instructions exactly as written, everything seemed to be fine,it even showed eternal in the title screen. However, when the game starts, after the opening cinematic with the fletchling and all, i just get a black screen. I even tried to save the game in vanilla x after the cinematic but same result.
I tried both nerf viola and luma "a" folder to rebuild the romfs but nothing changed.
I have played neo x and rising ruby version before and everything was fine.
Any idea? Should i try doing the traditionnal method? ( without the shortcut you made)

Thanks i advance, really looking foward to playing this hack

I take it you're using hans to play? I can't test the game with hans right now, but will look into it for you tomorrow. That said, the shortcuts should be fine, but it'd be worth trying to boot the game without them to be sure that they aren't the problem. Also, the black screen after launch is sometimes caused by people copying the DLLField.cro file over with the "a" folder; .cro files won't work with hans, so it'd be a good idea to make sure you haven't accidentally done that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Good to know that worked! Looks I completely forgot that all of the Gen VI trade evolutions existed when I made the documents, (though somehow they all have alternate methods in the game), I'll get that fixed now.

I am playing insanity Version and i thought by the name, that the trainers would be tought as they are on Battle Tower/Battle Tree and etc. But they're just a little harder.
I can say I'm really enjoying to play, but id like to ask if is possible to make an "Extremely Hard" version with trainer which has legendary pokemons and smogon setups. It should be really interesting =D.

PS: I want to see the "Black Out" screen and get pissed off... LOL (° ͜ʖ °)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
I just installed Pokemon Eternal X from the insanity version using the Quick Intallation method, but when I open the game it freezes in "Nintendo 3ds" load screen. How can I solve that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
What Version Do you have to be on your 3ds to install Luma ? and any links on how to ???

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Have you had any luck getting the game to run? Sorry I haven't come up with a solution for you, I haven't had a chance to find out how to get hans working with b9s yet.

I am playing insanity Version and i thought by the name, that the trainers would be tought as they are on Battle Tower/Battle Tree and etc. But they're just a little harder.
I can say I'm really enjoying to play, but id like to ask if is possible to make an "Extremely Hard" version with trainer which has legendary pokemons and smogon setups. It should be really interesting =D.

PS: I want to see the "Black Out" screen and get pissed off... LOL (° ͜ʖ °)
Trainers do eventually get that strong, I just thought it'd be bad design to start the game with that sort of difficulty. I did test ridiculous things like Viola with Scyther and Shuckle, but it was a bit too much for that point in the game, and it resulted in the Elite Four being weaker than the first Gym, which wasn't ideal. I do agree that it should be harder, but there's only so much I can do with the mindless AI and lack of EVs on trainer Pokemon. Glad you're enjoying the game though!

I just installed Pokemon Eternal X from the insanity version using the Quick Intallation method, but when I open the game it freezes in "Nintendo 3ds" load screen. How can I solve that?
Make sure you don't have the Pokemon X title update installed; it doesn't usually cause freezes, but I can't think of anything else that would be causing that with luma.

What Version Do you have to be on your 3ds to install Luma ? and any links on how to ???

There's a way to do it for most versions, though 11.3 or earlier would easiest. You can follow this guide, it covers everything: https://3ds.guide/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Make sure you don't have the Pokemon X title update installed; it doesn't usually cause freezes, but I can't think of anything else that would be causing that with luma.
I have Pokemon XY Ver 1.5, and the last version of luma (Bootstrap). And still freezing in Nintendo 3ds load screen when I launch the game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there anyway i can install Luma without having 2 3ds's ???
If you're on anything higher than 1.3 and don't want to solder things in your 3DS (wouldn't recommend it unless you really know what you're doing), the only way is to wait until whatever firmware you're on gets hacked. It's almost guaranteed to happen eventually; just make sure you don't update to a newer version while you wait.

I have Pokemon XY Ver 1.5, and the last version of luma (Bootstrap). And still freezing in Nintendo 3ds load screen when I launch the game.
As I said above, you should uninstall the 1.5 update - there are instructions on how to do so in this thread's FAQ if you need them. It might be the cause of your problem, and it also prevents a lot of the hack from working, so you should uninstall it before playing either way. If it still freezes after you've done that, let me know and I'll try to come up with something else.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
If you're on anything higher than 1.3 and don't want to solder things in your 3DS (wouldn't recommend it unless you really know what you're doing), the only way is to wait until whatever firmware you're on gets hacked. It's almost guaranteed to happen eventually; just make sure you don't update to a newer version while you wait.

As I said above, you should uninstall the 1.5 update - there are instructions on how to do so in this thread's FAQ if you need them. It might be the cause of your problem, and it also prevents a lot of the hack from working, so you should uninstall it before playing either way. If it still freezes after you've done that, let me know and I'll try to come up with something else.

Thanks for the info sorry for not understanding and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later because I really want to try this out :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for the info sorry for not understanding and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later because I really want to try this out :)
No problem, feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I'm not completely up to date with 3DS hacking, but I'll do my best to help if I can.

Hey, sorry if my last reply came across as a bit rude - it wasn't intended to be. Have you been able to get the game to work yet?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
where can i find snivy in wilting y ?

It's in a horde on that route with all the menhirs on it north of Cyllage city. I don't remember what the route is actually called, but all the wild Pokemon locations are in the documentation if you need more detail than that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2017
Is the Burmy line not available? I can't find their location in the doc provided with the game, and as of Route 7 it hasn't shown up at all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is the Burmy line not available? I can't find their location in the doc provided with the game, and as of Route 7 it hasn't shown up at all.

It's in berry trees, same as the original games. I couldn't edit those or get accurate information on their encounter rates when I made the hack, so they aren't listed in the documents. The same applies to things like shadows in caves and shaking trash cans; the encounter rates are all the same as vanilla, which means Ferroseed, Woobat and Rotom aren't listed in the documents either, but are all still available.

Back