• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Footprints made by events in sand

Years
_update__footprints_add_on_for_essentials_by_kleinstudio-d8qjq36.png

Download: http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=6

How to install
Place the script in "script.txt" before main and "footset.png" in Pictures folder.

How to use
By default, footprints are showed in terrain tag number 3 (sand), you can change it modifying "TERRAINFOOT".
Invisible events will not leave footprints. Also, if you name add "/nofoot/" to an event name or create a comment in the event with NoFoot, it will not leave footprints too.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Wow, nice spam :p

KleinStudio's scripts are great, I recommend using them!

Just one thing about the "/nofoot/" since we have to put it in the even name, we can't make trainers since we need to put trainer(x) in the name too (to spot the player). Maybe putting it in a comment (like a shadow script did) could work?
(Same thing for the bubble script)

Last edited:
Years
Wow, nice spam :p

KleinStudio's scripts are great, I recommend using them!

Just one thing about the "/nofoot/" since we have to put it in the even name, we can't make trainers since we need to put trainer(x) in the name too (to spot the player). Maybe putting it in a comment (like a shadow script did) could work?
(Same thing for the bubble script)

I've updated the scripts (this and the water bubbles one) right now adding the comment thing.
If you don't want to redownload everything just need to add
Code:
return if event!=$game_player && pbEventCommentInput(event,0,"NoFoot")
Before
Code:
character_sprites=$scene.spriteset.character_sprites

After that, if you want to make a trainer that doesn't have foots, just need to add a comment and write NoFoot.

Years
Nice work. By the way how can i make the animation for the "water ponds" without reflection, only when step that tile?

images

If you make a script for this, you can use my riped graphics.

waterp10.png

Years
Nice work. By the way how can i make the animation for the "water ponds" without reflection, only when step that tile?

images

If you make a script for this, you can use my riped graphics.

waterp10.png

I have to modify the script or make other, if I have time to script I can release it this night.
Do you know if there's also a special water animation for bike?

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hi! I'd like to change the bitmap of footprints when an event has a certain name or comment.
I used these three methods, but none of them works.

I tried this for comments, which I inserted around line 140 in "class Footsprite":

Code:
   if event!=$game_player && pbEventCommentInput(event,0,"wolfoot")
           @sprite.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/footsetwolf")
   else
    @sprite.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/footset")
   end

And these two for event names (always around line 140 of the same class):

Code:
      if !$scene || !$scene.is_a?(Scene_Map) ||
    event!=$game_player && (event.character_name=="" || 
    event.name.include?("/Poochyena/"))
end

Or

Code:
   if event.name.include?("/Poochyena/"))

else
    @sprite.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/footset")
end

Could someone help me? I can't figure it myself. :(
Thank you.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Hey, Klein: I clicked on the link and I was sent to a page seeming to imply that the site was shut down.
Any help?...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
For this script work on V17.2, add line 'def viewport1; return @@viewport1; end' before line 'attr_accessor :character_sprites'.

Years
For this script work on V17.2, add line 'def viewport1; return @@viewport1; end' before line 'attr_accessor :character_sprites'.

It worked! I will give credits to klein who created the script and for you for the fix.

Note: This code also fixes the script: Water Pond Bubbles from kleinstudio. The method is the same.

Last edited:

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021

Did you make any other modifications to the script to make it work with v17.2? I've tried inserting that line of code like so:
Code:
class Spriteset_Map
  def viewport1
    return @@viewport1
  end
  attr_accessor :character_sprites
  attr_accessor :wbsprites
and like this:
Code:
def viewport1
  return @@viewport1
end

class Spriteset_Map
both to no effect.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Did you make any other modifications to the script to make it work with v17.2? I've tried inserting that line of code like so:
Code:
class Spriteset_Map
  def viewport1
    return @@viewport1
  end
and like this:
Code:
def viewport1
  return @@viewport1
end

class Spriteset_Map
both to no effect.

You can try this method add
Code:
class Spriteset_Map
 attr_reader :viewport1
end
in the last line

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
You can try this method add
Code:
class Spriteset_Map
 attr_reader :viewport1
end
in the last line

Success! I have footprints!
But still no water pond bubbles unfortunately. I'll have to do some more digging.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
I just clicked on the download link, but it's saying that the content was removed :c

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
I just clicked on the download link, but it's saying that the content was removed :c
It's still on the site, but something is weird with that link. Go to the home page and then just search through the resources.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
In order for the script to be called by other events other than the player, the player must be on the same event map. How can we fix this? I know it's something to do with '$ game_map', however I do not know how I can change it to something more generalized. Example:
Different maps:
unknown.png

Same Map:
unknown.png

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
If you are using Following Pokemon script and want to add to will not show footprints effect (like Zubat, Zapdos, etc) for your first pokemon, so replace the code for this:
Spoiler:

Like you see, if you want to add do not show the effect, just put the pokemon number (its array) inside 'FOLLOWING_DONT_WALK'

I appreciate if you credit me for that. Cya!

Last edited:
Back