• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think about the party? [Feedback Thread]

Years
  • Hello there, everyone! Time for an important thread!

Being that a poll forum in general hasn't been a thing within the last decade or so, I do want to get any and all feedback on your initial thoughts, whether it be the implementation of the forum, or anything you'd like to see done in it! When this forum was initially Battle Dome, the general idea was to have fun Pokemon v Pokemon polls, but we realize that keeping it strictly to that wouldn't be healthy for the forum's long-term future, so we decided to expand upon that forum's purpose to include all Pokemon-related polls from here on out.

I do want to hear your thoughts on this approach, and more importantly your thoughts on the forum so far and whether or not you're really having fun here!

At the end of the day, this forum section is filling a "niche" (so to speak), that hasn't been much of the light of day in quite a long time, so it's definitely nice to see quite a few threads here branch out from the usual Pokemon v Pokemon approach and more into general polls. But anyway! I want to hear some thoughts/feedback/etc. n.n

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think it's nice now that we have more of an option. My question is can we do anything Pokemon as in humans, items, places...etc?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i think it's fine so far, my only concern is that after the newness of the area wears off, it will lose charm and appeal and beg the question as to why it got split from pokemon general in the first place. however i don't mean that as a bad thing and i have no doubts you and brendino have plans to keep things alive in here, that's just a concern for the far future or if this section weren't maintained.

so it's hard to give feedback accurately right now since it's still brand new, but at the very least, i thought i would just express that concern. not a issue now obviously and may never become one, but just something to be mindful of going into the future. coming back to the present, it's all fine and i think that having a polling area does allow for a bit more creative ideas. i don't think i would have thought to make a thread about which hair on alolan dugtrio is ur fave if this place didn't exist lol.

also i like the name. let's go for a swim at the poll party

Years
  • i think it's fine so far, my only concern is that after the newness of the area wears off, it will lose charm and appeal and beg the question as to why it got split from pokemon general in the first place. however i don't mean that as a bad thing and i have no doubts you and brendino have plans to keep things alive in here, that's just a concern for the far future or if this section weren't maintained.

so it's hard to give feedback accurately right now since it's still brand new, but at the very least, i thought i would just express that concern. not a issue now obviously and may never become one, but just something to be mindful of going into the future. coming back to the present, it's all fine and i think that having a polling area does allow for a bit more creative ideas. i don't think i would have thought to make a thread about which hair on alolan dugtrio is ur fave if this place didn't exist lol.

also i like the name. let's go for a swim at the poll party

Your concerns are actually the same concerns that I have, which is why I decided to make this thread in the first place! To be completely honest with you, I wanted to see how a poll-only area would go about in the current day and age since there hasn't been one in such a long time and I genuinely wonder if it'll still be fun for people in the long-term or whether or not the novelty would wear off quickly. I've always personally been big on shaping this section kind of like pgen and pgc where both sections are fun enough to sustain themselves with activity because there's like... tons of stuff to talk about with the pokemon franchise/gaming in general. But with polls? How fun would people find those? So it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that, in a way, this is kind of like a big experiment to see how things would go lol.

However, I'll definitely discuss things with Brendan as far as what kind of ideas we can come up with to freshen things up and what kind of direction to take this section moving forward, or if it's just fine as it is. n.n

Also ty!! the name was actually Brendan's idea lmao

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, everyone! With the conclusion of the mega competition, I wanted to get some thoughts and feedback on how you guys are finding this forum so far. I want to get some genuine feedback on whether you find this section exciting, or if you have any ideas/suggestions. Don't be afraid to speak up. :o

Cid

Years
  • While I haven't been active in this part of the forum much, I think the recent series of threads really felt like events, and that added into the fun of participating in them. I'm also really happy that Mega Sceptile won! I wasn't able to vote for the Megas as much as I did for the Types, but I ended up voting for the winner with the final thread of the Megas.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to participating more-- perhaps making a poll or two myself if I find the time. Thanks guys for organizing the recent Best Type and Best Mega competitions!

Back