• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Kids TV shows/movies/merch/whatever

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • hi, we were talking about kids stuff in the discord chat so it got me thinking that i should make a thread on kids stuff. heres some questions for you to answer to start a discussion!

what was your favorite kids show and/or movie growing up?
    did you collect any merchandise?
    do you still watch kids tv shows and/or movies even now? if so, which ones?

for me, my favorite tv show was...probably a tie between blues clues, winnie the pooh and barney. i loved all three of those a lot growing up. i had birthday party themes about them. i did collect merchandise i think. i had bed sheets of barney, and winnie the pooh i think and i had a bunch of vhs tapes of blues clues and barney and magnets of blues clues, tshirts, stuff like that. i had a bunch of stuff. i do still watch a /lot/ of kids shows even now. i watch too many to name off the top of my head but i watch phineas and ferb, sophia the first, paw patrol, winnie the pooh, blues clues, winx club, and many more. im still a kid at heart i guess. oh well.

so feel free to answer the questions and start a discussion! or add more questions if you want<3 thanks!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • A lot of Disney cartoons/movies. My favourites I think were the Lion King and 101 Dalmatians. I remember I used to collect Dalmatian toys and merchandise.
    Occasionally I do watch kid shows or movies, I like How To Train Your Dragon, Wall-E and others.

Years
  • I used to love the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was growing up and would always watch them before school and on weekend mornings. M.I. High was a great one too and many others on CITV. My favourite movie was probably actually Spirited Away, I watched it loads of times as a kid and loved it to bits :3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I used to love the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was growing up and would always watch them before school and on weekend mornings. M.I. High was a great one too and many others on CITV. My favourite movie was probably actually Spirited Away, I watched it loads of times as a kid and loved it to bits :3

Have you watched any other Studio Ghibli movies? Because I'm sure you would love them if you enjoyed Spirited Away as much as you did! (:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • 1) Anything really. Simpsons, Hey Arnold!, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Arthur, Kim Possible, Pokemon when it was on CITV
    2) I think I did but not a lot
    3) Kids TV has declined somewhat but I watch it more than I do live action 'grown up stuff'. Only real grown up stuff I watched was Scrubs and comedies. I still watch Cartoons and anime aimed primarily at younger audiences.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • My favourite kids movie/show is Gargoyles, though it's debatable if it's really a show for young little kiddies. No, I didn't collect any merchandise because they weren't easy to get anyway.

I still do watch kids shows and movies, especially the Barbie movies. They have come a long way since then, and their animation now is wow top-notch for a random kids movie.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Back when I was a kid here are some of the kids shows I watched:
    Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
    Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego
    Sesame Street
    Bill Nye The Science Guy

As for recent kids shows, one show that I have watched since my nephew likes it is Paw Patrol

did someone say..bill nye the science guy? BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY

also sesame street is amazing, i've seen clips recently here and there of julia, the new character who has autism. also paw patrol is one of my favorites too, skye is my favorite pup.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I didn't realise Julia was a new character, only know Elmo, Big Bird and a few others.

Saw a clip, was happy with how she was portrayed (I have an autistic brother).

ilookgorgeous

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2020
    I watched Mrs. Doubtfire, and Matilda. Those movies were great. I liked watching Who's the Boss in second grade when I had the chicken pox. ^_^

Back