• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite Thread

Years
  • yellow had such beautiful sprites

38.PNG
    36.PNG
    136.PNG
    117.PNG
    113.PNG

love ;o;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm in love with crystal sprites. they're so unique and the animations are simple, but show off the pokemon's personality.

Spr_2c_229.png
    Spr_2c_156.png
    Spr_2c_151.png
    Spr_2c_154.png
    Spr_2c_144.png

Years
  • lickitung does look great! I really like it in the above sprite <3

sprites were quite dynamic back in the day compared to 3d models, can see for mons like milotic:

350.png

another favorite because of the pose, really makes the pokémon more full of life. another one from dppt I like a lot is snorlax!

143.png

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • tbh i miss the sprite work. the 3D models we've had since gen 6 are kind of bland. the colors were really washed out in gen 6 iirc too. i feel like the sprites being static models that couldn't move (sans quick animations until gen V) made developers want to make sure they stood out more. so a lot of pokemon that, to me, had a bold statement when they were sprites now look very dull and even...boring in comparison. just a few examples:

Spr_2c_157.png
    Spr_2c_227.png
    Spr_2c_237.png

vs.

Spr_7s_157.png
    Spr_7s_227.png
    Spr_7s_237.png

a lot of the bird pokemon really got the shaft, like the ones that just float in the air like skarmory and xatu. and then hitmontop...hitmontop sweetie i am so sorry... don't get me wrong he has a sweet dance gen 6 and beyond but like...they fucked him up bad lmfao.

Years
    • Seen today
    Literally every single sprite from gen 2. I thought the art style was beautiful

Years
  • @syd... so much yes. i really miss them, and replaying old pkmn games is always so pleasant! 3d models are the future, but the sprites we got were just too good.

i mean, when will we ever get to see ivysaur sit (and show his feeties) except in rse??

2.png

Back