• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Galarian Forms?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Galarian Sunkern/Sunflora or the Budew and Seedot lines. I think it would be cool to see native Galarian plants used as interpretations for these Pokemon. Really integrate them with the Galar environment, you know?

Something like Surskit/Masquerain, Yanma/Yanmega, and Seel/Dewgong would be neat too. :)

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I want more stupid British stereotypes in the new Galarian forms, a'la Weezing's mustache and pipe hat. Maybe a Mary Poppins Gothitelle? Delphox but like a Hogwarts professor? A regional Butterfree with black and white variants like the butterflies that helped prove natural selection during the industrial revolution? I dunno why, I normally like Pokemon to look really cool and less cartoony, but for some reason I just want regional variants to be funny.

Years
  • I personally not sure with what i feel about Galarian forms.
    I mean Linoone gets a new evolution is welcomed. But it feels out of - you know. It just doesn't make sense.
    And i can't see why Koffing and Weezing gets a secondary FAIRY type.
    Poison/Fairy should be given to Shiinotic.

Galarian forms are just excuses for em to reuse old model, don't let it distract you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I mean Linoone gets a new evolution is welcomed. But it feels out of - you know. It just doesn't make sense.

Galarian forms are just excuses for em to reuse old model, don't let it distract you!

Personally, I think regional forms are great since they add that lil bit of science to the games/world, humans travel literally everywhere so it makes sense that pokemon could adapt to new environments. Like, Hoenn is in a completely separate part of the world. Also, just because we're first introduced to a pokemon in a certain region doesn't necessarily mean they originated there

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I envision Farfetch'd getting a Fighting/Grass or Water/Grass-type variant, which could give it the long overdue evolution it deserved, as demonstrated with Linoone.

I imagine Farfetch'd evolving into a beautiful, yet badass samurai swan that fights off various predators on land or water. The evolution, regardless of type combo, could learn Sacred Sword for great coverage, in tandem with better Speed or bulk. If they can give a levitating Pokémon a regional variant, they can do so for a Flying-type that is often on the ground.

Dunsparce would also be another perfect candidate to get a Dragon-type variant and evolution, since the only known Dragon-types in Johto are Kingdra and the Dratini line, the latter of which, are technically from Kanto. Mega Ampharos is a temporary transformation and Megas are omitted this time around.

I would personally prefer Normal/Flying or Fairy/Ground, given it's wide movepool and mythical inspiration, but I'm just as happy for another Dragon-type in Johto's type chart. Since Johto is literally connected to Kanto, it can give the classic generations another powerful Dragon-type.

Dunsparce could evolve into a majestic serpent similar to Rayquaza, but with feathers and better Abilities like Intimidate, Sheer Force or even Pixilate.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What do you all like a new form for Sword & Shield? Maybe something like Lapras.
    I've merged your thread with this existing one.

Lapras has been rumoured (by someone who has leaked accurate information so far about the games) to have a Gigantamax form, fwiw.

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.
    Years
  • Personally, I kinda want a Galarian Smeargle, since the region is based on Europe, or at least the UK, and guess where the Reniassance took place. But since there was no Renaissance in the UK, I'm kinda debating it.

But if it does happen, I'm hoping it would look like this mock up I made:

Attachments

• Galarian Smeargle.png
      Galarian Smeargle.png
      23.4 KB · Views: 5

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Probably makes no sense but I would love if they made a Galarian Lumineon, because I really like that Pokémon and since its stats aren't the best and it doesn't get much love, a new form would be a great way to become more popular :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Since yungoos are not from Alola originally, it would be awesome to see a different evolution that is resembling Queen Elizabeth instead of Trump.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Personally, I kinda want a Galarian Smeargle, since the region is based on Europe, or at least the UK, and guess where the Reniassance took place. But since there was no Renaissance in the UK, I'm kinda debating it.

But if it does happen, I'm hoping it would look like this mock up I made:

That design looks nice, I wouldn't mind that. They'll most likely change more than just the colour scheme though.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't have massive hopes for new regional forms, but I think a Rock/Fighting Meditite would be a cool idea that I'm hoping will happen here or gen9.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    There is a rumor about pegasus rapidash, but I could be wrong about that

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It'd be cool, sure... but where is the rumour source? Anyone can make up such things after all.

Im pretty sure that was from a video mentoning pegasus rapidash.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Im pretty sure that was from a video mentoning pegasus rapidash.
    Letting you know I fixed the embed for you.

Took a glance, the video is a guy reading a 4chan thread. The claims from that are either not yet confirmed one way or another, or things we learnt before that thread was made (you can see the timestamp). That includes Sirfetch'd being Sword exclusive, and the hints about e.g. Corviknight's preevolutions (see https://daily.pokecommunity.com/201...website-launches-leaks-galar-pokemon-details/).

Aka, just a rumour at this stage, and something anyone could claim.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    You are right its false news and nothing legit from official source.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I'll be surprised if the Riolu evolutionary line doesn't get a Galarian variant considering that it's popular and might foreshadowing D/P remakes later down the line.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Riolu line won't get anything. Or at least it shouldn't. For one thing, Lucario already has a mega evolution. And besides, it has to be one of the most overrated Pokémon going. About time they stopped bigging up what is essentially just another Pokémon.

As for Gen 2 Pokémon I'd like to see get a new lease of life with Galarian forms...

Skarmory, Stantler, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Phanpy/Donphan, the Johto starters, Corsola, Shuckle and Politoed.

Back