• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen VC Crystal: UGH! Why is the music so CRINGY!

Years
Seriously, I was CRINGING to the music this whole time. Anyone else cringing to the 2nd gen music? Is it just me?

What is everyone's opinion on the ORIGINAL 2nd gen in general anyway? I got 7 badges in Crystal, but am too lazy to get though the Rocket underground to save the radio director or whatever. IDK! I can't figure out the switches in the underground lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yeah... I'd assume it's just you, honestly, I think the generation II music is good. =/ What problem do you have with it specifically, besides this?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
it never really bothered me, but music is a subjective thing so I'm not surprised that anyone would not like it either

Years
Figured out the switches. Now they tell me to go to the Tin Tower to catch Suicine, so I went there. When Entei, Raikou, and Suicine were hopping around, I was legit like "KILL THEM WITH FIRE!" buuutttt that wouldn't be right of me, so I tried to catch it, but I couldn't. Like legit, where do I get the master ball? THERE IS NO ******* MASTER BALL! *twitch*

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Like legit, where do I get the master ball? THERE IS NO ******* MASTER BALL! *twitch*
Prof Elm will give it to you after get you get 8 badges.

Which I can't remember if that's before or after you can fight Suicune and if you have to do that to progress in the story or not

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'm so glad the old games are on the eshop so i can shovel popcorn into my mouth while watching the reaction of those that haven't played them before. i needed the laugh, lol.

Years
*cries in only 7 badges* Also, I have to get through this ice path to get to the city with the 8th badge (I think it's called Blackthorn). I just wanted the Crystal experience since people rave about it.

You know, I bought a blue cartridge from Amazon a bunch of years back. I went back to it two days ago and...why is Kanto 10x better than Johto? Can someone answer me HONESTLY? Yes, I know there's a return to the Kanto region in Crystal, you don't have to remind me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
if you prefer the original kanto, you'll probably not enjoy the gsc kanto. it's very watered down and there's not all that much to do. on one hand, it is interesting to see how the region has changed in the timeframe between rby and gsc, but like. it's still kinda boring. it's to save on cartridge space iirc but it's still like. idk i would have preferred a more fleshed out johto than a retread of kanto honestly, and that's coming from someone who prefers johto to kanto.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Kanto is honestly my least favorite region. It just feels like a giant slog of trainers without much going on around the map. I feel like Johto at least had some more notable cultural aspects, even if it wasn't the best at times either.

That said I find the music memorable in both regions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
How does one consider music without lyrics "cringey?" It's one thing to not like it, which is valid, as everyone has their own personal tastes, but considering it "cringe" specifically?

Years
I've actually got used to the gen 2 music now. It has totally grown on me. Anyway, I still didn't get the 8th badge, but I went back to the Tin Tower and got Suicune in an Ultra Ball. So ......... there's that. :)

Last edited:

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
You get it from Elm after getting all 8 badges. He calls you up and asks you to pass by his lab

Back