• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Your current word count

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What's the current word count on what you're writing?

For me, my current word count is around ~104,843 for the main word in my fanfiction, but 128,370 if I factor in the side stories, but 139,276 overall for the project as a whole. (Since I'm also doing a side project with my other ocs, not just my main oc!)

I will say that so far, this is more than double of what I thought my word count would be! I expected this fanfiction to be maybe 50,000 or 75,000, but it's now over 100k. I think it may reach to about 150k by the end since I am writing side stories and side projects, too. Amazing.

If you have your works published anywhere, I encourage you to look at your word count for what you're currently working on. But, this is by no means a competition. Just a discussion. Tbh, for me, anything is impressive.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    One of my longest running series (like 4 years in the making), a Resident Evil fanfic that's Lucas Baker x OC, is sitting at a solid ~83k, probably gonna end up being 100k by the end of it which is crazy to me. If I can manage to finish this, it'll be the biggest project I've ever done, which is exciting! One of my ultimate husbandos 🖤🖤

Bay

Years
  • The FE3H story I'm working on now should have around 27K-28K (Had 25K recorded on excel and about 3K currently on another chapter). It's about halfway through and I expect it to end in the 40-50K with the way my chapters are averging 3-5k.

Foul Play before it went on pause is over 157K. I think in the end it might be in the 170-180K range? Hard to tell as the chapters varies widly haha.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It's amazing how we all so far have dedicated so much time, passion, and talent to write actual novel-sized fanfiction. We are all simultaneously wonderful, and utterly crazy.

Years
  • 3 months ago I started on a random story about a guy wanting to form a band. According to the Google doc, as of Chapter 5 (where I last ended), I'm just a couple hundred words shy of 6,000. I really should add more to it, but I've lost the drive for the time being...

Back