• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Forum Feature/Forum of the month

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Pitching this idea as well, although someone else is free to write the first one if they know The Underground section.

Article series where we showcase a forum section, highlight some key threads/features of it, etc. I don't think we should do it any more often than once a month (hence the latter part of the thread title), but I'm not sure if we want to tie ourselves to trying to do one every month either (hence the former). Which of these is better?

As for the first section to be featured, Zeffy had suggested The Underground (the mafia section), which may be neat to do given it's the newest permanent section (GT doesn't count).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Definitely a great time to feature the UG. You can interview some of the members, feature the currently running games (A Song of Ice and Fire, Midnight Crew, Gods Among Us, Death Note, and the others running that are smaller games), and other fun info you feel warranted. It's especially good to feature it if the area becomes a main forum.

Once a month is perfect. You can have the mods of the areas write up the FotM stuff if they want, that way you're letting others get some work on and featured. :)

I'd be happy to volunteer for this Underground one first, unless our lovely mods want to handle it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Definitely a great time to feature the UG. You can interview some of the members, feature the currently running games (A Song of Ice and Fire, Midnight Crew, Gods Among Us, Death Note, and the others running that are smaller games), and other fun info you feel warranted. It's especially good to feature it if the area becomes a main forum.
    Interviews with members may be better suited as separate article/s. Summary of a few running games sounds like a good idea.
    Once a month is perfect. You can have the mods of the areas write up the FotM stuff if they want, that way you're letting others get some work on and featured. :)

I'd be happy to volunteer for this Underground one first, unless our lovely mods want to handle it.
    I might well bug them about that soon then! Mods of said section helping write it in general makes sense.

Years
  • I would think aim for a month, but don't worry too much if we don't make it. Although "forum of the every so often" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, so might as well just call it "forum of the month" anyway.

I do think mods should be the ones given first chance to write the articles, or at least provide enough of a backbone for an article to be written. Here's a bullet list of what we think about it, now fire away. But of course, if they want they can just pass it off to someone else.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I agree with this :P

Sadly, I just don't have time ATM for writing articles. My work schedule sucks QQ
    That's alright! As Jess said, if you're fine with providing a couple points to be focused on if nobody from your section wants to/can write it, that'd be plenty of use.
    I do think mods should be the ones given first chance to write the articles, or at least provide enough of a backbone for an article to be written. Here's a bullet list of what we think about it, now fire away. But of course, if they want they can just pass it off to someone else.
    Sounds good to me!
    I would think aim for a month, but don't worry too much if we don't make it. Although "forum of the every so often" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, so might as well just call it "forum of the month" anyway.
    Forum Feature may be a better name to go with for that reason.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yo I'm here. I can see about writing a few points for the Underground when I'm moreawake and coherent haha.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Posting as a reminder to self to check back and comment more regarding this as well as Underground.
    yo I'm here. I can see about writing a few points for the Underground when I'm moreawake and coherent haha.
    Consider this my reminder! Mainly, what would you like to see written, and are you two (or just one of you) willing to write the article, or would you also want someone else to help or just write it for you (Klippy volunteered after all)? Those points would be useful at the least.

Actually I'm going to get Zeffy's attention here too with the quote feature, he suggested this to begin with. :V
    Hermione Granger said:

(Think it's safe to say that the idea in general for the series and the first one being the Underground is approved. Just needs a touch more here like clarifying who writes what before we move to a new thread for said article writing.)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hello, yes I can help in writing the article, if there is a need to! If the UG mods want, they can list stuff that they want to put in the article and I can help in compiling them, as well as furnish the article. :D

Years
  • Consider this my reminder! Mainly, what would you like to see written, and are you two (or just one of you) willing to write the article, or would you also want someone else to help or just write it for you (Klippy volunteered after all)? Those points would be useful at the least.

No longer on the UG team. I'll defer to the people who actually frequent the section and mod it for what to write about it.

Back