• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Sakurako-san-no-Ashimoto.jpg

Shoutarou Tatewaki, a high schooler living in Asahikawa City, Hokkaido, meets Sakurako Kujou, a bone-loving ojou-san who has an ability to analyze specimen. Because of meeting her, he has to accompany her to various cases.

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Oct 8, 2015 to ?
    Premiered: Fall 2015
    Producers: Lantis, DAX Production, TROYCA
    Genres: Mystery
    Duration: 23 min. per ep
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

This looks to be one of the more decent series of the season. The visuals are nice, characters seem likable and I'm liking the OP and ED. Seems like it'll deal with a mystery per week with the mystery somehow tying back to our MC's past somehow - bits and pieces being fed to us, I mean. Which is definitely fine with me if it keeps being as interesting as it is right now.

lame transformation sequence is lame since it might get repeated :(

Discuss!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Indeed. Well episode 2 was exactly the same. "I'm Mary Sue, therefore I'm a detective I can do whatever the f*ck I want" She can move a dead body without police authorization
    She can notice what the whole thing was about just by seeing a dead body in the floor.

Yeah, right.

I do love these kind of shows, but I think the author could have written three different novels rather than giving all this Mary Sue powers to the main. The fact is a Light Novel adaptation that will probably go nowhere isn't really motivating either.

Left aside that, I love the animation, wonderful colors, fluid scenes (apart from the stupid "transformation" scene as derozio mentioned). I think the drama was kinda exaggerated but they were clearly looking for an impact in the watcher, which undoubtedly happened.

derozio

Years
  • Indeed. Well episode 2 was exactly the same. "I'm Mary Sue, therefore I'm a detective I can do whatever the f*ck I want" She can move a dead body without police authorization
    She can notice what the whole thing was about just by seeing a dead body in the floor.
    She's the MC and she's in an animu. You can't really shove in real life logic in there like that. :p
    And as for her noticing things, I believe that she always says that whatever she's saying is purely speculation. Which, due to the explanation she usually gives, to me comes off as believable to a degree. So I personally don't see a problem with that.

Left aside that, I love the animation, wonderful colors, fluid scenes (apart from the stupid "transformation" scene as derozio mentioned). I think the drama was kinda exaggerated but they were clearly looking for an impact in the watcher, which undoubtedly happened.
    That scene is here to stay, it seems. Was present in episode 3 too. :< Thankfully, they cut off a few seconds from it to make it shorter. But they're clearly impressed with the result enough to not drop the entire scene from any episode. Which sucks since it breaks immersion. :/

Episode 3 was just okay. I liked first and second more.

derozio

Years
  • I would like it if she starts crushing on MC-kun. But that's, well, something I always feel in any goddamn show. That the main pair ends up together. Not really sure if it'll work towards complimenting the story or not - definitely will depend on how they handle things.

Either way, from how things are, I'm hoping to see at least a show of acknowledgement from Sakurako-san - which she probably will do by stopping the usage of "kid" when referring to Shoutatarou.

All that said, this anime really needs to step up. All those pretty visuals and likeable characters will be for naught if they don't pick the story up and push out content with some impact.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Mary Sue Episode #4

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This show is interesting. I hope that when she solves mysteries they don't just turn out to be her telling us what happened all at once, maybe say like "His bone was fractured here" and give little clues along the way to make us feel like we coulda guessed haha. Last season's (or one before?) Ranpo Kitan was interesting in a different way but for the mysteries, they would just come up with explanations out of no where so it was just a LOT of explaining and didn't make me think when it could have.

Also, I like how they're not going super fast but... there was a lot of talking this last episode.

derozio

Years
  • This show is interesting. I hope that when she solves mysteries they don't just turn out to be her telling us what happened all at once, maybe say like "His bone was fractured here" and give little clues along the way to make us feel like we coulda guessed haha. Last season's (or one before?) Ranpo Kitan was interesting in a different way but for the mysteries, they would just come up with explanations out of no where so it was just a LOT of explaining and didn't make me think when it could have.

Also, I like how they're not going super fast but... there was a lot of talking this last episode.
    Ranpo Kitan. Ah, that show. I dropped it two episodes in. It got waaaaaaay too weird without actually feeling like the weirdness serves any other purpose than as shock value. Also, the "mysteries" (or at least the first one that I saw) did not appeal to me at all. I asked a friend if it got any better after that but apparently it never did. The weird quotient/shock value content did increase, though, it seems.

As might be already apparent by now, I much prefer this show over that. :p This doesn't have anything that keeps me on the edge of my seat, either, but this at least keeps things interesting enough for me not to drop it in the second damn episode. The mysteries or the stories told are relatively simple but that's alright as long as it doesn't get boring/crappy.

Mary Sue Episode #4

Spoiler:
    Ding ding ding. You actually guessed (part of) it correctly. Your reward? YOU GET MAHOU SHOUJO SAKURAKO SAN ANIMATION BEING REPEATED IN EPISODE 5. EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T FIT AT ALL.

damn. I know the scene itself looks cool. but seriously. as some guy with a tree's name once said, "there's a time and place for everything". :(

Episode 5 was cool. Liked how they resolved it and how it brought the focus just that little bit closer to the hat-guy with black butterflies. This show may have episodic stories but each episode DOES seem like it inches forward one step at a time. Which is nice.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

He doesn't stay with sakuraso's place though, so I'm not sure if he'll be involved in most of the future mysteries.

The episode did a good job in making you feel uneasy when Fujioka went out, when something still wasn't right before sakurasou realized something was up.
    Spoiler:

Now I'm hoping they go figure out who this butterfly guy is.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I like how this surprises me every moment and episode. I find Sakurako's personality funny too at times whenever she finds any remains. Some might find it creepy though.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • lol
    Spoiler:

Now I'm hoping they go figure out who this butterfly guy is.

(Guess)
    Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

DRAMA HAS TRIGGERED
    Spoiler:

edit: