• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Got round to watching the first 2 episodes and well I'm very much enjoying it. I really like the setting, getting th SÃO vibe for sure and the fact the main character bell is voiced by Kirito haha. The real world level up concept I do find cute I had to keep reminding myself that this isn't actually a trapped in a video game world setting.

I will be watching this one weekly, it could turn bad or it can be very entertaining. I can't see this being worse than SÃO alfenheim arc though. Plus I really like bells character design just looks so cool.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • http://hestia.dance
    Be enchanted.

I loved how hestia mocked Loki for her 'sad' chest in ep 2 haha. Although her not giving bell that weapon in the end was extremely stupid and a standout wtf moment for me. Even a friend of mine who watched this show too said the same thing.

Also
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-figure-that-sure-to-raise-the-tension/.87100

Damn are people going crazy over dem ribbons lol. Would be entertaining if those ribbons end up making the series sell like crazy haha

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Although her not giving bell that weapon in the end was extremely stupid and a standout wtf moment for me.
    You know, I thought about it, and it makes more sense that she didn't give him the weapon. The whole date scenario was really a plot setup for her not to give him the weapon until the time was right (that time would logically be when the monster attacked, but for plot convenience it would be in a later episode), because in such a scenario she wouldn't give him the weapon. But if you think about it, it would be rather strange if Hestia did give him the weapon when the monster attacked- after all, she wanted him to run because she feared for his life and no weapon could change that.

I think the only thing that really keeps this from being a solid justification is the amount of time between when she's locked in the cage and when Bell runs away. She could have easily told him wait and given him the weapon- though, again, you have to wonder if he'd listen to her or not or whether she'd even say it, as he was in a hurry and she was panicking. It's one of those things that you could throw up to suspension of disbelief.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Your justification in the first paragraph would work if not for the fact that even Hestia'd be aware of the fact that the weapon being in Bell's possession would greatly increase his chances against the monster. It is a very obvious thing. Like you very well noted, the time between him locking her up and then leaving to fight the monster forms a hole in that justification.

Let's just say Hestia panicked and just didn't know what to do and somehow forgot about handing it over. But even if we take into consideration that both Bell and Hestia were highly panicked when they parted ways, a thing that could exponentially boost Bell's chances of survival wouldn't just be forgotten about that easily. It doesn't make much sense, really. As for Bell not listening to her - they did spend enough time before parting ways for her to easily hand it over to him without an issue. Yet she didn't. True, he probably wouldn't have paid heed while running off but handing it over surely wouldn't have been a problem during those few moments they spent together between the time Bell locked her up and then ran off?

At this point I'd just chalk it up to plot-convenience rearing its ugly head, tbh.

Years
  • Seeing it in anime format really drags things out. I really like how the internet hive mind latches onto the plot convenience and discusses it ad nauseum. XD

Anyway yeah ok episode, dragged things too much, but such is the way of adaptations.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • On topic: First LN will be released officially in English on April 21st (Just like Log Horizon and some others) by Yen Press.
    I guess I will be getting a copy.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Wait, people are calling it the Hestia String? It's not even string, though.
    Considering opening, I wouldn't say it's not a string...

Although her not giving bell that weapon in the end was extremely stupid and a standout wtf moment for me.
    Considering her, she wanted supesharu fuinki so she could say something like "Nee, Beru-kun, here's an awesome weapon from kawaii me, take it and keep thinking of boku when you use it, nee~"

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Isn't that a little bit to OP for a beginner's first weapon!?

Spoiler:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Because:
    1. Bestia
    2. Heph feels sorry for her and they are good friends
    3. Favors asked by goddesses are very different from favors asked by normal humans

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    loli power.

That's valid, right?

Back