• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Feminists, like many groups with -ist at the end of their label, are idiots.
    Because wanting to be treated equal makes someone an idiot.

Okay!

Those silly wimmin, fighting for equal voting rights and wanting to get jobs.

Yeah, this is making me want to cry and rage. I'll stop.

How clear cut are your villains and heroes? Do you like them to be rigid opposites, or closer, with the line between good and evil blurred?
    I mostly play around with the idea of redemption, so I have villians who aren't all bad. They just appear that way to the characters who see them in the beginning.

Last edited:

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
  • Cake > 42, therefore Life, the Universe and Everything is meaningless. Considering that they only backed up the computer every four millennia...
    Though if the cake is a lie, then maybe Life, the Universe and everything does mean something after all! Maybe the answer is really
    Spoiler:

But yes, I'm glad Marvin was happy. Even though he didn't get to eat cake. After all, it was written in giant flaming letters on the side of a mountain...

Has anyone read The Meaning of Liff, by Douglas Adams? And what's with the debate on Harry Potter? I thought that it was just a latin dictionary and The Politically Correct Fairytales put in a blender and printed...
    How can anyone find meaning in that?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Redstar said:
    Feminists, like many groups with -ist at the end of their label, are idiots.
    I'd guess geologists, biologists and other science-ists are exempted, right? As for politics, I think we all agree to a point how much of idiots they are.

Because wanting to be treated equal makes someone an idiot.

Okay!

Those silly wimmin, fighting for equal voting rights and wanting to get jobs.

Yeah, this is making me want to cry and rage. I'll stop.
    Yeah, no problem. It actually makes my eyes twitch.
    It is necessary, however, to distinguish between feminism and feminazism. Feminism is OK- it looks to provide the natural reaction against machism and henceforth create the so called gender balance.
    Feminazism on the other hand, is just plain stupidness. Things like what happened in Spain where semaphores, of all objects, had to be adapted with a changin male-female signs because feminazis said the standard "walk" sign only depicted "man" and henceforth is "sexist". Or countries like mine where people are abiding for having a different criminal figure for "assasination of woman" with respect to that of "assasination of person" only because this one is called "homicide" which women think is sexist. I mean come on!

I sometimes think people behave stupidly only because they like to... Oh wait what am I saying...!

Let's say that a fic features Ash, but he is completely, totally out of character (or has an altered backstory ets.) - even to the point that he can't really be recognized as Ash anymore. Can the author really say their fic features Ash or should it be called an original character instead?
    If it's established as Ash, and has the same backstory we all know, and only behaves OOC, then it's still Ash, but it's horribly brought from an horrible Alternate Universe or something and must be strongly advertised as such. Period.
    Otherwise, if he is any more different then he is not, by definition, Ash.

Why do I feel, now that we had talked about Serebii the last weeks, that this particularly post #14 has something to do with the question...? :D

Cake...?
    Is there some of i left? Me wanna cake no matter if it is a lie.

No thanks. I'd rather stay with cake.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

• That's not a quote, m'dear. That's a reference. So ha!

Oh, and I find it strange how you say "I'm going to have to agree with Ninja Caterpie" as if most of my other stuff is just rubbish.

Hey, only most of it is.

And what's with the debate on Harry Potter?

I don't know. Personally, I tl;dr'ed it and went for the cake.

How can anyone find meaning in that?

Clearly, you underestimate a literary analyst's capacity to ******** a meaning in everything. They're on par with art majors in that respect. (I'm not insulting art majors; I know art majors who make it a game to do exactly that and pass their courses.)

I'd guess geologists, biologists and other science-ists are exempted, right? As for politics, I think we all agree to a point how much of idiots they are.

Sociologists, anthropologists, and other -ists who try to be in the sciences but are actually social scientists are still included, however.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • And now, to answer my own question.

How clear cut are your villains and heroes? Do you like them to be rigid opposites, or closer, with the line between good and evil blurred?
    I like to make my heroes have a twinge of something that makes them imperfect, whether it be evil, cowardice, laziness, etc. Often, I like to make my heroes flirt with the idea of becoming evil. However, it is my villains that most often dance around the line of good and evil; the central antagonist in my story is about to undergo [sorry, spoiler], and the secondary antagonist probably fits into the Well-Intentioned Extremist category.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    If there wasn't a diversity of people, then we'd all be zombies!

In other news, I went to today's anime-con, and got a real Katana, and some anime and manga.

Not to mention that I was the only one to beat Super Mario Brothers in the alloted 15 minutes with one life.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Congratulations. :3

My parents won't take me to any of those types of conventions (which is fair - they don't drag me along to places I find boring, so it wouldn't be fair for me to do that to them), and I'm too young to drive. :P

Caliban

Years
  • Citrinin, just how long is it taking Auckland to set up a semi-decent bus system?
    Oh well... I live in Hamilton. And Mum and Dad have trouble deciding whether I can go until after the fact...

A REAL LIVE KATANA!? Wow! The best I have is a pole that's a bit shorter than SD with the blade of a toy lightsaber mounted on the end...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah I also have a Bo as well, and another Katana, but this Katana is from Indonesia, and is not the traditional kind. It still is relatively sharp though, and it cost me $15 American XD

Perhaps someday I'll show a picture of me holding the real one XD

And also, LOTS of people were dressed up there, and whne I say LOTS, I mean LOTS. Like over 70% of the people (whereas I was not one of them).

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Yeah, they're not too keen on letting me take a public bus alone, either. :/

Buses are heavily subsidised. A better bus system means a lot more expensive one (through the removal of these subsidies, which will put the bus companies on their toes to actually provide a good service), but I think the increased prices would make people far too mad. :P So yeah, we're chugging along. XD;

Yeah, I have a toy lightsaber that I got years ago, lying around somewhere. That's about as close as I've got. XD;

Caliban

Years
  • I cut the end off mine, 'cause I wanted to add some length to the hilt. It turned out that sutting the end of the hilt off made the blade fall out... XD
    Which is why the blade is now mounted on a big pole.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I got one of those el-cheapo light sabers (the one you fling out that gains length and has a bulb at the beginning to show the light. I bought it at Disney Land, when I was younger. XD

I actually would like to collect swords, especially from obscure places.

I've also looked into two martial arts classes where they learn to use weapons, however they are both at night, and while one is close to my school, I'd rather not stay at school for the majority of the day to just go to the class.

Caliban

Years
  • I got one of those el-cheapo light sabers (the one you fling out that gains length and has a bulb at the beginning to show the light. I bought it at Disney Land, when I was younger. XD

I actually would like to collect swords, especially from obscure places.

I've also looked into two martial arts classes where they learn to use weapons, however they are both at night, and while one is close to my school, I'd rather not stay at school for the majority of the day to just go to the class.

Sword classes sound fun! And would you not be at school for the majority of the day anyway? Congrats on you 999th post, Feign!

Uh, just another random bold topic:
    Does anyone here own a/some domain name/s? If so, what are they and where/when did you get them?

This is because I bought one for two dollars last night from www.godaddy.com, and it would be cool to know how many other people randomly buy domain names. (The one I bought is www.beskar.info, but there's not much there yet. Just a CMS.)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    The class would start at 9pm, my clasesses finish at 2pm. >.>

1001! wooo

Does anyone here own a/some domain name/s? If so, what are they and where/when did you get them?

I have a site yes, though I have not used it in a long time (or updated it for that matter), and will not be giving out the address. :P

Caliban

Years
  • The class would start at 9pm, my clasesses finish at 2pm. >.>

1001! wooo

I have a site yes, though I have not used it in a long time (or updated it for that matter), and will not be giving out the address. :P

It finishes at 2:00 pm? 1400 hours? Do my eyes deceive me?!

Then again, my intermediate finished at 12:40. And we had to make ourselves do P.E. at 1:30... I never did it, though. XD

I went to an online school:
    www.alphaed.co.nz

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well that's Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I finish at 12pm.

If I remember correctly though Aussies and Kiwis have a shorter summer break and that break is in North America's winter, which is the Southern Crosses' summer.

*reference ftw*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back