• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Becouse some guys cannot read Readme's, i will post the Readme part for you in this post.

Another one from me!

What: Fill map
Description: It fills the map with a tile of your choice.
Importance: 4

Uh...guys? I thinkk KU-HO said that 1 was the highest importance...
LU-HO please -_- I know the K and L are near ;-)

Map view:
------------
Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all connected blocks of the same type with the actual Block.
Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all blocks of the same type with the actual Block. (also not connected Blocks.)

AND YES, 1 is the highest importance !!!
Pleas change this in your Posts and fix it, if you has 10 as the highest...

Features I'd love: [1=most important feature ever zomg do it now; 10=only if you really, REALLY want to]

• Sharing violation fix (use sharing mask FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_DELETE) [7]

Since AM 1.90 (i think) i open the files with this options!
are you sure this problem is in the nevest version also?

No, it's impossible to select several bloc for make a map in the blocks select.
And the Readme don't say anything about this.
I don't know if i'm stupid, but i see more than one thing about it:

Map view:
------------
Left mouse button => Draw current block / Stamp.
Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/Stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Map view - Block palette:
-------------------------
Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

What: The ability to create new towns and routes
Description: You can create new towns and routes by using the free space on the map
Importance: 2

ähm..... you can create new Maps since AM 1.50 (i think)....
Just use the Button with the star to create, and the one right of it (with the arrow to right) to insert the new Map in your ROM.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
- The "Test ROM" button.
It makes a lot of missing a button that will allow running the ROM from an emulator, previously selected by the user.

- One option that enables with just one click, mapping 3x3, 2x3, 2x1, etc..
BLOCKS on the map.

- I do not know if this can be done, a creator of animated Tiles.
If we want to make one, we put the frames in the same tileset, and with an option to select, each frame, and able to create our animation.

- The "debug" of the Level script option, hehe.

- Power insert Tilesets indexed, with a palette of 16 colors, as if they were sprites, I do not know if we can do this, but it would be useful also ^w^.

hoyboy

The Eevee trainer
Years
ähm..... you can create new Maps since AM 1.50 (i think)....
Just use the Button with the star to create, and the one right of it (with the arrow to right) to insert the new Map in your ROM.

Oh okay lol sorry I didn't see that oh and also when I run the program YAPE (found on this same message board) both programs experience errors. I don't know if you could fix it or anything but that would be appreciated.

Years
Glad to hear that you will continue!
What: Shift Move(Move all block together)
Description: Like the function in EM. But EM can't move the sprite, script...together.
Importance: 5

What: Detailed Encounter Rate
Description: Different PKMNs in a map have different emcounter rate, and you can get different PKMNs by different fishing rod. In AM, I can't distinguish them. Hope it will like the PokemonRomViewer
Importance: 3

What: Support Japanese/Chinese rom Worldmap Editor
Description: Open a Japanese/Chinese rom, click worldmap editor, a lot lot lot error occur and the world map becomes black exept the route. I'm "afraid" to use it because I think it may destroy the data...
Importance: 8

What: Support Chinese Characters
Description: The map name and the PKMN name list become arsy-varsy. You can email me to know how to.
Importance: 10

Years
What: Detailed Encounter Rate
Description: Different PKMNs in a map have different emcounter rate, and you can get different PKMNs by different fishing rod. In AM, I can't distinguish them. Hope it will like the PokemonRomViewer
Importance: 3

In the Wild Pokémon Tab the list goes

GRASS
Pokémon 1: Common
Pokémon 2: Common
Pokémon 3: Common
Pokémon 4: Uncommon
Pokémon 5: Uncommon
Pokémon 6: Uncommon
Pokémon 7: Rare
Pokémon 8: Rare
Pokémon 9: Rare
Pokémon 10: Ultra Rare
Pokémon 11: Ultra Rare
Pokémon 12: Ultra Rare

WATER
Pokémon 1: Common
Pokémon 2: Common
Pokémon 3: Uncommon
Pokémon 4: Rare
Pokémon 5: Ultra Rare

ROD
Pokémon 1: Old Rod
Pokémon 2: Old Rod
Pokémon 3: Old Rod
Pokémon 4: Good Rod
Pokémon 5: Good Rod
Pokémon 6: Good Rod
Pokémon 7: Good Rod
Pokémon 8: Super Rod
Pokémon 9: Super Rod
Pokémon 10: Super Rod

WHAT: An all NPC mover
DESCRIPTION: Everyone know's that pesky sign girl in Pallet Town and the Coffee Man in Viridian that you can not move there location for example the Sign Girl in front of that sign in Pallet and The Coffee Man the position he is after you get the Pokédex.
IMPORTANCE: 8

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
5)
border blocks expansion for R/S/E:
Explanation: posibility to change border width and border height in proffessional header view same Fire red/Leaf Green for (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Detail:
border.png

IMPORTANCE:2

mat1554

French Translator
Years
For the new version, he had super if we can :

Add new map ( new name, new space)

Sorry my english is not very good.

-----------------------------------------------------

Pour la nouvelle version il serai cool que nous pussions :

Rajouter de nouvelles map (Nouvelle espace, nouveau nom)

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
mat1554:For the new version, he had super if we can :

Add new map ( new name, new space)

Sorry my english is not very good.
For the english it's ok i think everybody understand you fine no worry just organise ur post like this:
Name of idea:
Description:
Exemple: (if possible)
Importance: (de 1 a 10/1 indispensable - 10 ca serait bien si ce truk peu etre ajouté)

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
What: Allows compatibility for Windows 98
Description: I don't know if this is possible, but it would allow compatibility with Windows 98
Importance: 1!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Since AM 1.90 (i think) i open the files with this options!
are you sure this problem is in the nevest version also?
Ah yes... for some reason, I was using a different version -.-

WHAT: An all NPC mover
DESCRIPTION: Everyone know's that pesky sign girl in Pallet Town and the Coffee Man in Viridian that you can not move there location for example the Sign Girl in front of that sign in Pallet and The Coffee Man the position he is after you get the Pokédex.
IMPORTANCE: 8
This is nearly impossible to do automatically, as it's contained in a level script.

- One option that enables with just one click, mapping 3x3, 2x3, 2x1, etc..
BLOCKS on the map.
I think you're referring to the grosser Block function of AdvanceMap.
See also
Map view:
------------
Left mouse button => Draw current block / Stamp.
Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/Stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Map view - Block palette:
-------------------------
Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

the ability to put a tile set you have saved like in a dib then put it in the program as tiles , sorta like copy/paste tiles lol
This works, but not as a .dib file as this will discard lots of necessary metadata of the tileset.

Years
Bug: an error box pop out
Bug Descripiton:Wherever I download the ROM, the AM will pop out an error box said the pointer is error when I open the trainer tower map in event page.
Error PIC:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AdvanceMap Version: 1.92
RomType: FR 1.0 at least

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Bug: Unable to load Roms.

Bug Descripiton: I'm looking through some Roms in Advance Map. Apparently, there are some Roms it wasn't able to read, but it has read them before.:\

AdvanceMap Version: 1.92

RomeType: Pokemon - Fire Red # GBA

ShadowElliot

Wooper
Years
  • Age 31
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
What: The Options for new Weather or something else...
(Read the Description)

Description: Like making confetti falling from the sky for a great event or something. Also having the option to make the places dark, like night time.

Importance: 8/10 (Quite nice to have...)

What: The ability for us to choose the tilesets instead of changing them.

Description: Instead of changing a tileset and mixing up the tiles on the map, we could just choose and mix it up ourselves.
(CRAZY THOUGHT): Making a school on the roof of a random building.

Importance: 6/10 (Hmm...)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
ShadowElliot said:
What: The Options for new Weather or something else...
(Read the Description)

Description: Like making confetti falling from the sky for a great event or something. Also having the option to make the places dark, like night time.

Importance: 8/10 (Quite nice to have...)

What: The ability for us to choose the tilesets instead of changing them.

Description: Instead of changing a tileset and mixing up the tiles on the map, we could just choose and mix it up ourselves.
(CRAZY THOUGHT): Making a school on the roof of a random building.

Importance: 6/10 (Hmm...)
No offense but what you're asking is clearly impossible, especially for a rom hack tool. It will take a great deal of effort to change how weather conditions work besides for their graphical stuff so let alone make new weather conditions. As for mixing tilesets, well this too is impossible, could you have a eye that can smell and see?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
have you nearly finished this. i just cant wait to see whats new.
and how many more are you making?

As i say in the first Post:
I haven't do anything on AdvanceMap since 3 Month.
And i do start on Working on AdvanceMap again, after in this "pool" of ideas are enough to start a poll where every one can tell which function is his favorite.

@all: thx for the ideas you have, go on post more ideas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
What: Connection Viewer
Description: It views the map and the other map (separated by a line) on how it will be connected...

Spoiler:

Importance: 5

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What:having a... well actually, let me give you an example.

Description: example: say you want to put Red's house down (no warps incuded), instead of putting all the pieces down one at a time (the door, then the walls, then the roof, you put down the full house at all at once.

Importance: 3 ( 1 very important - 10 nice to have)

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
say you want to put Red's house down (no warps incuded), instead of putting all the pieces down one at a time (the door, then the walls, then the roof, you put down the full house at all at once.
Have you ever considered what happens in custom tilesets or different tilesets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back