• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Feature: Editing DP MAPs
    To edit Diamond a peal mapz
    Inportence: 11 lol, no just 10

Have you ever considered what happens in custom tilesets or different tilesets?

What about then to draw one "super tile"
    Like you can have 5 of them, then you can inset the tiles into it once, and then map with it...
    Like first selecting 4 tree tiles to a little block (Kinda like the block thing)
    and then you can press the "Super" tile and A-map will inset all four tiles in that order, where-ever you place it...

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • rom:pokemon leaf green version 1.0. english
    bug:tileset error
    advanced map 1.92
    description:I acsadently hit tileset 100 instead of 10 then it said "access violatin at adress 00000000.read of adress 00000000." then the program ended of it's own accord. And now I can't get back to the map to fix it.The only way to fix it is to insrt a map and rebuild it from scatch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    What:change maps via file
    Description:to change the map with a map file saved on you computer
    Importance:4/10

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Changing the people who usually can't be changed.
    example: the old man in viridian.
    importance:8/10 nice to have

making it easier to insert .map files.
    Just find the .map file, double click, and its inserted.
    importance: 5/10 a bit important

World map editor to go along with the flight position editor(or whatever its called)
    Importance:3/10 important
    sorry if the last one sounds hard to do or is impossible.
    What about then to draw one "super tile"
    Like you can have 5 of them, then you can inset the tiles into it once, and then map with it...
    Like first selecting 4 tree tiles to a little block (Kinda like the block thing)
    and then you can press the "Super" tile and A-map will inset all four tiles in that order, where-ever you place it...

can't you do the same thing with Ctrl-right click if you press it at the same time?

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • the ability to use a map from r/s and place it in fr/lg with out having to change the tiles because when I did that (don't ask how, I don't know how I did it) the move ment thing is right but the tiles are messed up.

Years
  • can't you do the same thing with Ctrl-right click if you press it at the same time?
    Awesome, I didn't knew that.. But yet I don't like you only can select tiles which are connected by the block

the ability to use a map from r/s and place it in fr/lg with out having to change the tiles because when I did that (don't ask how, I don't know how I did it) the move ment thing is right but the tiles are messed up.

Yeah Ruby and Fire Red has their tiles in a differnce order... Wierd...

~Life~

~Falling insde the Dark~
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2012
    What : 7 Digit Offsets Support
    Description: Advance Map will take in acount the new added space when resizing maps and inserting scripts. It will work with 32MB and 64MB roms.
    Importance : 1 ( very important)

What: Block Animation Editor
    Description: A new fonction in the block editor ,wich allows you to edit them frame by frame.
    Importance:1

What : Connection Viewer
    Description : Gives a general idea of the connection between two maps.
    Importance :1

What : An Undo boutton
    Description :Cancels the last thing done.
    Importance : 1

What: A worldmap Image Editor
    Description:Ability to import a pre-made Worldmap (made with paint or any other program ) and save it into the game
    Importance: 2

What : Wild Pokemon Music Editor
    Desrcription : Possibility ( not obligation ) to choose different music for each wild pokemon battles.
    Importance : 7

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    Error : During changing map for one Game the that one
    Turn 2 soft AM 1.92, Insert Map -> Lag One Software

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • What about then to draw one "super tile"

Yeah, that's what I mean :D!

EDIT:Oh I didn't know about the ctrl thing ... well, I think you should be able to combine tiles not connected to the first tile you click as well.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I reckon a World Map Image Editor should be importance 1.
    Where we could insert our own tiles and then map with them to make a World Map in the same way we map with normal maps.

Cronos

Im Back ;)
    Years
  • What:A Selected Movement Permison Inserted And Explantion Of Movement Permisson List(To Make It Easy)
    Does:Insert Movement Permisson On Selected Areas Like Appling The 1 To A House,Tells Which Movement Permisson Does What
    Importance:1st =10(Nice To Have)2nd =1(Important)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    maybe an overworld ading tool (specially for the ones we add to the game ex: Arceus on fr/Lg)

there is overworld changer and overworld editor for that.
    its a map editor not something that edits overworlds.
    Oh yeah, Lu-Ho, i was wondering why there isn't any sunny weather in the Firered file i found.
    On almost every advance map i used(if not every one), it had really sunny weather.
    and i have to agree on the connection viewer, i hate making a whole map not knowing if it will look right or not.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Only thing I really want added is the ability to add houses from ruby to a fire red hack and so on and so forth.

you can do that by editing the tiles.
    and as son sebbe said, both roms have a different tile order.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Multiple tile choices

BTW, lu-ho, is this written in OBJ-C? Or what language. I want to port this to mac.

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • 6) Increased tileset image size:
    Explanation: possibiliy to insert tiles image wih superior size.
    Exemple: insert tileset image have 128x512 for tile 1 and tile 2 in R/S/E.

7) Increased blocks amount high than 511 blocks :
    Explanation: possibiliy de increased amount of block to high than 511 blocks.

IMPORTANCE: (10/10) for 6th and (6/10) for 7th

Pm: if it's possible because i dunno i that is possible sincerly

Without Comments Please
    Sans Commentaires S.V.P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    While I was mapping, I remembered something that I have been wishing for a long time for A-Map. :\

What: Advance Map Theme Changer
    Description: Changes the theme color (or maybe even the buttons as well, but I'm only concerned about the colour) to our liking...
    Importance: 6/10

A-Map's been too bright for my eyes. It would be nice to have a darker theme of A-Map, or maybe changeable theme. :)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Time said:
    While I was mapping, I remembered something that I have been wishing for a long time for A-Map.

What: Advance Map Theme Changer
    Description: Changes the theme color (or maybe even the buttons as well, but I'm only concerned about the colour) to our liking...
    Importance: 6/10

A-Map's been too bright for my eyes. It would be nice to have a darker theme of A-Map, or maybe changeable theme.
    Great Idea! :) and it should support custom themes as well, meaning we can make our own be it out of photoshop or others but the idea of customizable interface/theme is absolutely brillant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back