• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Is anyone specifically planning to...

Years
  • Left the title on a cliffhanger just to make you want to know what the topic is really about! Gotcha!~

All jokes aside, is anyone specifically planning to purchase a nintendo switch for these games as they release?

I personally have decided I'll be getting a Switch

(this one in particular for anyone interested.)
    Spoiler:

What about you guys?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Why spend an extra 200 bucks? You know you can buy a regular one for 300 and just get a custom decal (of that) for like....30 bucks, right?

Years
  • Hey; if you have the money to burn. :P

I might get the Poké Ball Plus… or finally get the Splatoon-coloured Joy-Cons for mine. Undecided. Have a Switch though, so I really shouldn't be in this thread

Edit: and for those without a Switch — totally worth it, and not just for Pokémon. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why spend an extra 200 bucks? You know you can buy a regular one for 300 and just get a custom decal (of that) for like....30 bucks, right?

I'm aware of that, however I really like the design of these, in general, and feel like if I'm going to finally get a switch, it should be one that's likely going to have an older firmware, and a cool custom design.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm so torn because I also want a PS4! The games I want for it outnumber the Switch, but there's no way I can pass up the next generation of Pokémon.

I'll probably go for the cheapest price and decorate with stickers, haha. The special edition prices are insane. Too bad those awesome fan-made Zelda ones aren't official. ;(

Years
  • That's a really cool Switch! I'm really considering buying one just for these games to be honest, was hoping to get the handheld switch that'll be a lot cheaper, but have always wanted to play Pokemon on a big screen and it's gonna be a while releasing as well so I'm not sure.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I already own a Switch. I'm not sure if these games would make me take the plunge or not. Normally, Pokemon would be a system seller for me, but these aren't really normal mainline Pokemon games, and I have some serious doubts about how enjoyable they'll be.

That said, since I already own a Switch, I'll likely end up picking these games up. I'm just hoping they don't lead to a Sticker Star-like effect (game from a series I love that I buy despite some red flags in the footage, and end up regretting due to substantial gameplay differences from what I'm used to that make it hard for me to enjoy the experience). Parts of the games look fun, and others look kind of frustrating, which leaves me unsure how to feel.

For those who don't have a Switch, though, I've been very happy with mine, and think a bunch of the games already out for the system are definitely worth playing. So I don't know whether I would recommend a Switch for these games alone (I don't have enough info to judge yet), but I would certainly recommend a Switch for the combination of these games plus some of the other great titles that are out.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'll be buying a switch this year. I did plan, initially, to get it for this game specifically. But now? Not so sure. The game's lack of features that appeal to the "core" fanbase is a little bit of a turn off. I was okay with the lack of wild battles to a degree. But now I'm hearing that "stats" will be replaced by "CP" from Go. Kills the hype so much for me it is a little hard to describe.

Either way, will still be picking up both the console and the games. But the main reason I'll pick up the switch now will be for games like Xenoblade, Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. And, of course, the 8th gen games next year. You don't really get the portable experience anywhere else so Switch is kind of an essential at this point to someone who might have to go around for work.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I will be getting a Switch for Christmas/Birthday.
    I plan on getting myself a few games before hand so I am ready to go:

Lets go Eevee
    Super Smash Bro
    Zelda Breath of the Wild

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    That's a cool custom switch. I already have a switch, so I'll be looking forward too these ganes

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I?m pretty much buying a Switch just for Pokemon. I?m hoping that they release special Switch designs that feature Pikachu/Eevee, though I would?ve preferred and still hope they make editions for Charizard/Venusaur. I?ll probably pick up Mario Odyssey and Smash Bros along the way.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nah, already got one. I didn't really buy it for pokemon though. I mean, I kinda did, but not really? I mostly bought it just because it's a nintendo console. Wii, Wii u, etc. didn't have pokemon but I still got them. Imo a lot of nintendo's IPs are great so even if pokemon wasn't coming I would have gotten one.

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I did actually buy a Switch today with the overwhelming help of my lovely stream viewers. And Let's Go is something I will be playing on day 1 for sure. It was kind of a mutually agreed-upon plan between myself and the chat |D But it isn't the only thing we got it for.

Years
  • (this one in particular for anyone interested.)

The image doesn't load for me, could you share the link again please?

On Topic:
    One day I will buy a Switch. There's only a few games I would get for it so far, so the longer I wait the more games I'll be interested in. Pok?mon for sure.

I like the Odyssey red joy cons version, but if that's too pricey I'll pick grey.

Back