• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen viva la france

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was never any good at thread titles

Anyway, every main series region has been loosely based off of real-world regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are Japanese regions, Unova is New York City/urban America, and Alola is Hawaii/Pacific island nations.

Kalos is based off of France. What did you think of the French inspiration for Kalos?

Years
  • I actually really liked it, the culture was depicted really well and some of the River areas really reminded me of the French riviera. Not only that, but the reconstruction of Paris was pretty well done and to have a gym in the Eiffel Tower was just pure genius.

Years
  • I love the design of Kalos, mainly for how well French culture was interpreted as Luna said. It was well-portrayed and the fact that the routes had alternate French-sounding names added that extra touch to it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • As someone who speak french, even if I don'T live in France, it was refreshing for me too see some of my language, names, and stuff!

Back