• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speedruns

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • A speedrun is basically trying to beat a certain game as fast as possible. Have you ever 'speedrunned' something? And do you watch people speedrun games? What's your opinion on it?

TY

I can't speedrun games even if I wanted to, I just want to enjoy the games, not go sanic mode through them. I can understand why people like it, I just am not a fan of it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My favorite speedrunning game has to be the original super mario bros... it's just really perfect for it
    I tried speedrunning it once but uh, I'm not good enough to beat the game lmao
    I did make a bet that if steve got into smash I'd speedrun pokepark so uh, that might happen

Years
  • I like watching Spyro speedruns if I've got another task to do that doesn't require much thinking to help me not be as bored.

Years
    • Seen today
    Mario 64 speed runs always fascinate me, especially with the amount of practice it must take to execute all of the glitches.

Years
  • Although I do it casually, I like to speedrun Sonic 2 from the Genesis/Mega Drive. Some of my best times on individual acts have either tied the records or been one or two seconds off, and if I were to combine all my best times, I'd be somewhere right around 50th in the world.

If I had the time and patience, I'm sure I could greatly improve on that, but with all of the warps and single frame tricks that some people use, I'm happy with just being pretty good rather than perfect.

Guest123_x1

I've tried my own "speedruns" through games, but never was able to get very far with them - I would mess up easily very shortly after the start of a speedrun - to the point where I get so frustrated, I end up starting over, or, more likely, quit the game altogether.

Back