• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spirit of Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
  • Not since the study of divine metaphysics, some time around 500000 B.C. Has man tried to tap into Oblivion, a realm similar to ours, that houses powerful forces ranging from benevolent to evil. Today, scientists will change that. Unfortunately, as the gateway opens, there is immidiately a flow of overpowering spiritual energy, destroying the entire laboratory. However, the gate to oblivion is still open. As spirits and creatures of the Oblivion, dubbed "daedra" begin to pour through, the worlds near eachother, and more gateways open of their own accord.

This is where we start. The world is dealing with the spirits as best it can, while research teams all over to world are attempting to find a way to seal all the gateways. A few of the rarest spirits have wandered together in an aimless band, the last few humans to tap into oblivion before the gateways were sealed the last time. Soon, they find humans, people who have minds that can host their consciousness. Without permission, they bond with each of them in their sleep. As a result, when the people awaken, they have a new ability, a power that would put them in comic books were this fiction. However, the posession of the spirit comes with a price, a side affect, if you will. Now, these gifted people must find a way to either seal the gateways, and seperate the realms once more, or find a way to speed up the merging of the worlds, and tie them irriversably together, forever...

And as usual, the typical rules apply, abide by PC rules, no godmodding, and if your RP standards aren't up to what I think is okay, I can remove you fomr the RP.

As always, the obligatory sign-up.

Name: (self explanitory, eh?)
    Looks: (what you look like, this can change as part of your power, or the side affect, if you want.)
    Personality: (optional)
    History: (optional)
    Power: (I was strong powers, but not TOO overpowered. If I think something is too weak or strong, I'll notify you. And I'd prefer it if people didn't have the same power)
    Side-effect: (What side-effect your character has. It doesn't have to be too delibitating, but it should provide an interesting RP twist. I have no problems with two or more people having the same side-effect.)

Last edited:

Kurosaki

Looks:
    Spirit of Oblivion

After bonding with spirit. What? Everyone surprised? Its 12:30 am, I'm not feeling creative...
    Personality:
    History:
    Power: Inherits healing arts, and only two damaging light based spells.
    Side-effect: The obvious gender flip, weakening his body significantly.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Name: Robert price.
    Looks: Short brown hair, and a somewhat mediocre height, with hazel eyes that always have a dark circle under them.
    Personality: (optional)
    History: (optional)
    Power: Transformation. He can transform himself into just about anything he wants, as well as transforming others, but doing so is extremely difficult for him.
    Side-effect: He can sometimes lose control of his transformations, and the spirit is actually awake and aware with him, and sometimes fights him for control. As well as the fact that his normal shape is slowly changing...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Name: Nathan Jameson
    Looks: Nathan is small and scrawny of build, the kind of kid who always got jammed into lockers in middle school. Still does, matter of fact. He has deep green eyes set far back into his head and lank, unkempt black hair. Typically wears blue jeans and a black t-shirt.
    Personality: Given his history with other people, natahn is rather withdran and quiet, not wanting to speak to people, and getting quite nervous when they stand too close to him. He has quite a temper, though, buried deep down and a lust for power. Both of these have been subjugated by his fear and are raarely seen. He doesn't do much
    Power: Control over reality, though it severely drains his system
    Side-effect: Aside from the negative effects on Nathan's body, use of his power seems to ring out his other side, or perhaps it's the personality of the spirit fusing more fully into him...

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Name: Kage/Rachel/Kokocho (explained later)
    Looks: Long, silky brown hair and hazel eyes. She has a tall, slightly curvy figure and long legs. She usually wears some form of skin-tight black clothes, though her outfit can vary.
    Personality: Get ready; she has three of them.

P 1: Kage
    Kage is quiet and calm. She tends to look into things deeper than most people, and can understand things better. She appears to have slight ESP, though only enough to sense small disturbences and auras. She tends to express herself and warm up a little around children more that people her age, and acts as an outcast at school and such.

P 2: Rachel
    Rachel is Kage's first split personality that developed as a way to cheer her up. She takes over when Kage is feeling depressed or under pressure. Though, all this childish girl does for Kage is annoy her even more. Rachel is much louder and friendly than her host, and loves to make friends. And please, for Kage's sake, DON'T GIVE HER SUGAR. When Rachel takes over, Kag'es eyes turm blue.

P 3: Kokocho
    Kokocho is Kage's second split personalitly. She takes over when Kage or Rachel is in pain or danger. Kokocho is an exccelent fighter, and enjoys it too. She's not the best social person, and has a really bad temper. She HATES boys, and can't get why Rachel can be so optimistic all the time. When Kokocho takes over, Kage's eyes turn dark brown.

History: N/A
    Power: Two split personalities. One of them is a good fighter, the other a bubbly child. She also gained slight ESP.
    Side-effect: None of her personalities can swim, which can prove fatal in a water-based battle. Also, since her spiritual bond is shared through three minds, it makes her mental state weak, and easy to break through.

Hope that's allowed. ^^;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Name: Giacinto Vittorino de Barenziah
    Looks: Like a Dark Elf, with Red Hair and Red Eyes, very fashionable.
    Personality: hmmm friendly and talkative.
    History: Re-incarnate of Queen Barenziah
    Power: I'll just use the sign of the Lady
    Side-effect: Hmm, none.

Anyone who's joining this RP should play Morrowind! And read the Book On Oblivion in the game.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: Great, so far just about everything's looking fine. ^_^

Dizzy said:
    Name: Giacinto Vittorino de Barenziah
    Looks: Like a Dark Elf, with Red Hair and Red Eyes, very fashionable.
    Personality: hmmm friendly and talkative.
    History: Re-incarnate of Queen Barenziah
    Power: I'll just use the sign of the Lady
    Side-effect: Hmm, none.

Anyone who's joining this RP should play Morrowind! And read the Book On Oblivion in the game.

OOC: Hmm, I think you'd do well, and while I admit, the idea for oblivion did come from morrowind, I'd like it if ou went into a bit more detail, for those unfamiliar with the powers. And by the way, we start off as humans, unless te spirit changes your appearance, a human wouldn't look like a dark elf. Plus, while the power isn't really applicaple, it has to have a side affect, so, sorry.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Name: Kura
    Looks:
    Spirit of Oblivion

Personality: She keeps to herself...others think she's dark but really isn't that dark. She doesnt like help and is usually indepentdent but can become very lonely...
    History: She has lived a quite life and usually focused on her work and making it through another day. Her parents were killed and she hasn't had many past friends....
    Power: She can change into any type of animal!
    Side-effect: She cannot be touched...if she is, it would cause a major buring of the skin.

Last edited:

outlaw

The Dark One
    Years
  • Meh I'll join ut I don't really get the comic book part ^^'

Name: Alex/Kydoke
    Looks: 6'5, messy black hair, green eyes, wears a black t-shirt and blue jeans. Has no skin on half his face so he wears half of a mask (one of those opera(sp?) masks with the sad face).
    Personality: A creep.... Thats what most people call Alex, It started with his hobby of making skull candies then it went all the why up to his interest in the spirits that dwell in our world.... Now when Alex merged with a spirit he gained something he calls a duo, a duo is when you have two minds (yours and in this case a spirit). Kydoke is a lonely little spirit that decided to take Alex's body because he was lonely too.
    History: Alex lives by himself, his parents died when he was 14 and he has no friends at all.... You could call him a creep but he perfers to just ingore everyone.
    Power: Skullbomb (throws skull shaped bombs) and can control the dead
    Side-effect: He has to share his mind and half his face has no skin.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • outlaw said:
    Meh I'll join ut I don't really get the comic book part ^^'

Name: Alex/Kydoke
    Looks: 6'5, messy black hair, green eyes, wears a black t-shirt and blue jeans. Has no skin on half his face so he wears half of a mask (one of those opera(sp?) masks with the sad face).
    Personality: A creep.... Thats what most people call Alex, It started with his hobby of making skull candies then it went all the why up to his interest in the spirits that dwell in our world.... Now when Alex merged with a spirit he gained something he calls a duo, a duo is when you have two minds (yours and in this case a spirit). Kydoke is a lonely little spirit that decided to take Alex's body because he was lonely too.
    History: Alex lives by himself, his parents died when he was 14 and he has no friends at all.... You could call him a creep but he perfers to just ingore everyone.
    Power: Skullbomb (throws skull shaped bombs) and can control the dead
    Side-effect: He has to share his mind and half his face has no skin.

OOC: Comic book meaning kinda super-hero or villan esque. Still, this is good. I'm ready to start, but I don't have enough time right now, os I'll either edit this later, or make a new post if someone else signs up.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Name: Presea

Looks: Presea has wide emerald eyes that sparkle with mischief. Her russet hair flows just above her shoulders and is often sloppily tied into two. She has a slender and petite build, although not really noticeable through her rash persona. Bandages acts as her trademark as it is frequently visible on her. She mostly wears shorts and a very loose shirt, and plain sneakers. Nothing out of the ordinary. Albeit, sometimes, she can be seen swinging through trees or poles, wearing peculiar clothing?almost half naked.

Personality: A wild child; she is annoying, loud, boyish and she purely adores seeing the faces of her peers once she has?switched on?her 'super~dee~duper annoying mode'. She is a bit impatient and is never afraid to speak out her mind, which is why she is always in trouble.

Power: She can generate pyrotechnics, or fireworks, to be simple.
    Side-effect: She lacks the ability to control her newfound explosive power, which causes her to, erm, detonate almost every single thing she touches.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: Mari, accepted. ^_^ I'm glad you showed up.

IC: My eyes fluttered open, and I sat up. I hadn't had a dream, but for some reason, my heart was pounding, and I felt like I had just run a marathon. I looked around, and was suprised. There seemed to be a power outage, the fan was off, the alarm clock was off, and it was well past time for me to be in school, judging from the sunlight. I leapt up, and then realised it was a holiday of some sort, something to do with recent pollitical events, I hadn't payed much attention to the news. "Good morning! My name is Carius, how about you?" I heard, but not with my ears. It was the same as though I was thinking it, but, it wasn't me... "Hello?" Came the voice again, and suddenly, within my mind, I felt another consciousness, another person, as though my brain was home to two different people... I thought for a moment, nodded as I realised that I must have gone insane, and promptly fainted, luckily falling back onto my bed.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • OOC: If you don't mind, I'm going to color-code her personalities, nya. Green with be Kage's voice/thoughts, Blue will be Rachel's voice/thoughts, and brown will be Kokocho's voice/thoughts. Also, as a side note, Rachel was already in her body before Kokocho formed. ^^;

Wake up, wake up, wake up!!! The childish voice chimed in Kage's head. She groaned and turn over in bed, only to jerk upright immediately, rubbing the place on her head where there had been a mental shock.
    You annoying, immature.... she grumbled mentally, thinking several things she shouldn't have, and completely uncaring that Rachel could hear all her thoughts. Kage got up and began getting ready for the day, Rachel "talking" her ear off the whole time.
    You know, you snore loud. I finally had to break the connection, I couldn't sleep. Oh, and you know what I found under a rock yesterday? C'mon, guess! Oh yeah, and there seems to be another presence in here, it's getting quite--
    "What... did you.... say...?" Kage set the brush she had been using down. Was that even possible, three minds in one body? She couldn't even handle one split personality!
    Uh huh. I thought you'd be mad, and I was right.
    Kage put her hand to her temple and sighed. No WONDER she felt so mentally weak, she was sharing her connection with two other people. She slid down on her bed and closed her eyes, slipping into a small trance.

Kurosaki

What happened last night? Ran through my mind when I first awoke. I knew something big had happened, but I couldn't place my finger on it. Something felt odd however, as my legs usually at least hit the end of my bed when I layed down, but for some reason, they weren't. Also, my sheets had a different feel to them, they felt somewhat softer.

I sat up after a while, and rubbed the resedue out of my eyes. It appeared to be late morning judging by the light entering via my window. Wait... late morning? School! I leapt out of bed, and the shorts I had wore to bed instantly fell off. Also, my night shirt seemed a lot tighter then usual....

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I awoke a second time, at a jolt in my head that felt somewhat like a slap, but, it didn't seem... Physical. I bolted up, only to hear the voice again, but this time I remained conscious. Only this time, I actually heard it, coming in my voice, from my mouth, and I realised that I was standing upright in my room, already dressed. "You really should consider your sense of fashion." It said dryly. "Even after all this time, I don't seehow anyone could wear this stuff." I felt for my body, and mentally tensed, before lashing out, and forcing this presence into the corners of my mind. "You've got some explaining to do." I said, in a voice that brought nothing but obediance...

OOC: Color coding is a great idea! Thanks. ^_^

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I awoke with an absolutely splitting headache and short of breath. "**** dreams..." I muttered, rubbing the back of my head. A somewhere inside of me said, Dream? Lucky for you, sweetling, I am no dream. My name is Chaos, dear lad, and I will lead you to greatness. "I've flipped." I said, groaning. "Absolutely ****ing flipped." No, no you have not. You are my host now, I shall work my will through you. And you shall find greater power than you ever dreamed. Convinced somehow, I smiled. Revenge.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I awoke abrubtly to the sound of louder than usual alarm clock. I NEVER put this alarm this loud! "What the h*ll?!" I perked up out of my bed and smashed the alarm clock on the floor. I did my usual yoga and noticed a furry tail...."What the f***?!" This was too strange now. I ran to the mirror and noticed two brown ears. I gasped. I was part cat! "Rise and shine you mortal! Today is going to be a great, that it is!" Was I talking to myself??

Kurosaki

"Listen to what I have to say guy, and listen well." A female voice rung in my head. Judging by the pitch, and overall sound of the voice, its source was probably a kid. It was hard to explain, but I couldn't really hear it, it was more like a part of me, somewhat. I had now froze in place, forgetting to check on my clothing crisis.

"I have entrusted my power to you." the voice continued, " The fate of the worlds rest in your hands, along with the hands of others. However, this power comes with a price. In your case, your physical, and over time, mental being." As the voice finished, my head tilted down on its own to see a body that was not my own, but rather that of a... girl!

"My time in this world is up now..." the voice said, before the presence disappeared...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • After some time, I had gotten the basic story from Crassius, and I mulled over it a bit, before saying "So, you're saying that unless the gateways are sealed, more will open, and eventually, the worlds wil be the same?" "Right kiddo. And whichever way you choose, that's your choice. As for me, well, my time was up long ago. The reason I'm still here, is that I chose not to give up my hold on this semblance of life, so it looks like we'll be working together." "Joy..." I muttered under my breath, as my mood darkened even further.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • From a normal person's view, Kage was in a coma. But in reality, she had accessed the little part of her mind where Rachel remained most of the time. Kage stood, slightly transparent, in a place where all else was black. Facing her were another two other girls who looked exactly like her, though one had blue eyes and the other brown.
    "This is Kokocho, Kage, our new friend!" Rachel's thoughts (though they seem spoken in the mental realm) echoed cheerfully.
    The brown-eyed one, who was apperently this "Kokocho" stepped forward.
    "Hello. This is sudden, and... slightly crowded.." she glared at Rachel before continuing, "But it must be done. For the sake of both of our worlds, me and several others have chosen to work alongside your people. And... whoever this is..." She gestured at Rachel, who's childish innocence was making the over-mature Kokocho even more irritible.
    Kage just stared, then said quietly, "I see."
    "So, I'll be staying within mental connection reach until my task here is done, and will most probably be sharing your body--"
    "Just.." Kage interreupted, "Just, please, let me know when you're going to."
    Kokocho blinked then grunted, and faded away. Rachel giggled and waved before doing the same. Kage opened her eyes and rubbed her head again, weakened slightly by the strength of the now-extened mental connection. She had been there long enough to see some of Kokocho's aura, and while it was not bad, it was.... different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back