• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Iris or Alder?

Who is the best champion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
I actually really like Iris as a character, and the fact that she's like a young girl who has control over all these dragon types, whereas the majority of Dragon type gym leaders or E4 members are old, just makes he seem that much more of a badass so she gets my vote.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Who do you prefer as the Unova champion?

Hi VisionofMilotic - the weekly poll prefix is only for my (or Dragon, or the future hosts' use). I will leave it for this time though as I'm on a short loa these next few days and hadn't had a chance to do it yet. Please ask me in the future if you wish to use it. :)

Years
Hi VisionofMilotic - the weekly poll prefix is only for my (or Dragon, or the future hosts' use). I will leave it for this time though as I'm on a short loa these next few days and hadn't had a chance to do it yet. Please ask me in the future if you wish to use it. :)

So sorry Forever! I didn't know about the restrictions, thanks for telling me what to do in the future. Its very nice of you to leave the poll up. Glad we could work it out.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
I know everyone chooses Iris.But I think Alder is The best Champion.Because Alder Teach Me "Becoming Champion it's not only about Strength, but also about your bond with Pokemon".Even He weak, He teaches People to walk on a right path.Like Alder did to Brycen.

Years
I voted for Iris since she has a stronger-looking team than Alder, and also for having one of the most unique Champion battle themes to date.

Years
I played White, so I preferred Iris as Opelucid Gym Leader and Alder as Champion. I like to think Iris was appointed Champion by the League because Alder retired from the role. Iris seems to me very similar to Clair and Lance from the Johto games in that she's young and specializes in Dragon types. Alder reminds me more of Professor Rowan from Sinnoh, and I love this music of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KE1iXYzRmw

Last edited:
Years
I feel similar to Dark Witch. I think Alder has the best character development and Iris is the best champion. I like the maturity and empathy in his character, and wisdom he's acquired from the tough times he's been through, even if there are other champions who are stronger. I think of him as mentor or father, especially in BW2.

For the battle itself though I would vote for Iris, there's nothing like duelling dragons, and hers are strong and varried-- its a dazzling team! Her theme is my favorite for a champion. Usually I am feeling serious by end game, but as soon as I heard that music I thought to myself-- gawd I'm about to have so much fun. Her attire is beautiful, and she's just really fun-- especially since she's so impish and doesn't accept defeat with as much reserve as others. She's just really amusing!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 10, 2017
Iris is definitly my favorite champion in Unova, because her team was on fire, definitly better than Alder
Alder never felt like a challenge, don't know why, I swept through his team in my first Black/White playthrough

southsage

S T A R M A N
Years
Iris is easily the better champion.

The atmosphere around her fight was much more enthralling than that of Alder's. The background animation with the rainbow colors, the amazing draconian team, her design, (I thought she had a cute but powerful outfit, like a psychic little sister or something) and the MUSIC!! Iris' theme is still my favorite in the entire series. Holy hell, is that track the stuff.

Back