• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2iae83s.jpg
Okay, time for updates.
Wow, it took me quite some time to finish one single script. :\
Sigh... Life... Aw well...
Anyways, I added a new event in Garden Field.
Here are some screenies of the event.
15ajbt.jpg
zl50tt.jpg
24evn1x.jpg

Oh, by the way...
When the new beta comes, you all have to start a new game for you to activate some new added events early in the game, and the early event changes, like the event where you choose your starter, since I changed that as well.

---oOo---​

I didn't actually mean that.
I just asked if you had nearly finished it already or does it for example have another region in it ?

Oh, I see. Then my bad. :P
Well, No... not yet. There's a full chapter in the story where the PLAYER won't be getting any badges, or in this hack, symbols, 'cause the PLAYER will either stop the evil group once and for all, or join the evil group to bring chaos all throughout the region. ;)

I think so :D
both of them, trainers and PKMN... are we gonna use them?

About the trainer sprites, I'll think about them.
About the PKMN sprites, maybe some. Though it's tiring to index them all so maybe later on when I can be bothered. :P

---oOo---​

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
The new events look nice... and the OW sprite too :3
Where do I base the Angellean OW sprite from? the old one or from an OW sprite from Mystery Dungeon?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
So you have the OWs for Kelvin and Ryan, huh?
Well, are there OWs for Claire and the Gym Leaders? (I forgot the name for the
Gym Leaders in LoG, so... I'll say Gym Leaders for now.)

Oh, and great updates by the way.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The new events look nice... and the OW sprite too :3
Where do I base the Angellean OW sprite from? the old one or from an OW sprite from Mystery Dungeon?

Crosell already made Angeallen's new OW. =3

Yay Gabby :D
She (???) is very cute as an OW :D

Thanks. =3

So you have the OWs for Kelvin and Ryan, huh?
Well, are there OWs for Claire and the Gym Leaders? (I forgot the name for the
Gym Leaders in LoG, so... I'll say Gym Leaders for now.)

Oh, and great updates by the way.

Claire's OW and battle sprites will stay as is for the time being, though. =3

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Wow, your progress is so fast.
Sorry about that. Yeah, the PLAYER does go back and forth towards far places. I did that on purpose, since I was inspired to do so from the Digimon World 3 game.
And don't worry about your English. =3
Thanks.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oh. A link. Okay then.
By the way you say that indexing is a pain (and you're right). Have you checked out Wichu's sprite-insertion tools yet? They auto-index the sprites, so all you need to do is make sure they're 64x64, to keep bits from being cut off.
I don't remember the link... in any case, just look through the toolbox and you'll find the thread, it's pretty recent.
Oh, and there's an icon editor, and sprite position editor too.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
eh?

Nice screenies, Jagold. Where'd the girl go in screen 3? I guess we'll find out in the next Beta ;) Stay strong, and remember you're fans, and how they want to play you're hack (I'm one of them). This is you're third hack; you can't stop now. Good luck, Jagold.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wow, your progress is so fast.

Thanks.

Thanks as well. =3

Oh. A link. Okay then.
By the way you say that indexing is a pain (and you're right). Have you checked out Wichu's sprite-insertion tools yet? They auto-index the sprites, so all you need to do is make sure they're 64x64, to keep bits from being cut off.
I don't remember the link... in any case, just look through the toolbox and you'll find the thread, it's pretty recent.
Oh, and there's an icon editor, and sprite position editor too.

making a sprite to 64x64 in size is a big pain in the neck for me, though... :P
And yes, I already know those tools made by Wichu. his sprite positioning is very useful. :)

Nice screenies, Jagold. Where'd the girl go in screen 3? I guess we'll find out in the next Beta ;) Stay strong, and remember you're fans, and how they want to play you're hack (I'm one of them). This is you're third hack; you can't stop now. Good luck, Jagold.

Thanks and eheheh... Yeah, I need to finish this so that they won't kill me. x_X

Gabby's headshot looks nice.
And Her OW Is Cute.
One question though, Why is Gabby's text highlighted yellow?

Thanks. :)
And why? Well, I plan to have a highlighted text on every legendary PKMN. Just like Angeallen. :)

School days again...
Years
2iae83s.jpg
Okay, time for updates.
15ajbt.jpg
zl50tt.jpg
24evn1x.jpg

Oh, by the way...
When the new beta comes, you all have to start a new game for you to activate some new added events early in the game, and the early event changes, like the event where you choose your starter, since I changed that as well.

---oOo---​

Well, No... not yet. There's a full chapter in the story where the PLAYER won't be getting any badges, or in this hack, symbols, 'cause the PLAYER will either stop the evil group once and for all, or join the evil group to bring chaos all throughout the region. ;)

About the PKMN sprites, maybe some. Though it's tiring to index them all so maybe later on when I can be bothered. :P

---oOo---​

I'm happy that LOG is back! Actually because I just opened my computer. Anyway, it's like you renovate your hack, I like the new palettes. Keep up the good work! :)

NatureKeeper

But good for sure :)
By the way is there command for that?

In fact there is...

Check XSE's guide...

They already have their respective OW's. =3
2qbds9g.jpg
2q8zehs.jpg

Hey.. Nice OWs...

2iae83s.jpg
Okay, time for updates.
15ajbt.jpg
zl50tt.jpg
24evn1x.jpg

Oh, by the way...

---oOo---​

---oOo---​

Wasn't Gabby's PMD face your avatar a while ago?

Gabby looks so cute in OWs!

Can't believe she's using Claire... XD

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
when i patch a rom and go emulate it in vba i get a black window with S in the upper and bottom of the screen
and then when that dissapears it keeps black

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Its a nice method of distinguish and emphasize.
Quite a nice idea, I'm curious on what happened to the girl too, Can't wait to find out.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I think extending the beta will be alright... but then again, you could surprise us with the events within the 6th and 7[/sup]th[/sup] gyms and we could wait for beta four to have those? ;o

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Good luck, though~

SantasStantler

Ninja Slowpoke.
Years
With every update I see, I get more, and more excited. ^__^
Delaying the hack for a while, it saddens me. But, I know in the long-run it will be better, and the hack will be of more quality.

Good Luck.

~~ Stantler.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
Yey it's back i join after this was made.
But i always kept an eye on this.
It looks really fun and enjoyable
Best of luck, if you want anything just ask.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey there pipz. Sorry for my 2 day absence here. I had some trouble with my internet connection. It can't load PC and some other sites last 2 days. :\

Anyways, updates!

I am currently playing the hack, checking some scripts, speeches and signs that I have missed to fix. I am currently at Boulder City now, just defeated the Dark Organizations there.
I also added some events here and there to make the game more lively.
Here's one of them...
10fo0tv.jpg

I felt Richard had little screentime, so I added some events for him. :P
I also increased the levels and changed the POKéMON a TRAINER has, as well as the Elemental Masters(Gym Leaders)...
I removed Trapinch from Silver Desert.
I added Delibird, Exeggute, Exeggutor, and planning to add an Exeggutor evolution soon. The Exeggutor evo sprite was made by Crosell. He's not done with the back sprite yet, though. ^^
I fixed Cherrim's attacks.
I am also currently changing the Trick House.
I am also making RYAN's house in Silkwind Town.
I fixed the warps in SS Aurora and in Hevah Academy.

And I guess those are all the updates for now, I guess?
Now, it's time for replies! :D

---oOo---​

I'm happy that LOG is back! Actually because I just opened my computer. Anyway, it's like you renovate your hack, I like the new palettes. Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you. Yeah, I like the new palletes, too. The previous ones hurt my eyes a bit. :P

That's interesting idea...
But good for sure :)
By the way is there command for that?

Thanks. :)
And yes, there's a command for that. Just take NatureKeepers' advice. ;)

In fact there is...
Check XSE's guide...
Hey.. Nice OWs...
Wasn't Gabby's PMD face your avatar a while ago?
Gabby looks so cute in OWs!
Can't believe she's using Claire... XD

Thanks and yeah, it was my avatar before. Not sure when Imma changing my avatar again, though. :P
I have a back story of why Gabby is 'using' Claire. ;)

when i patch a rom and go emulate it in vba i get a black window with S in the upper and bottom of the screen
and then when that dissapears it keeps black

???
Have you patched it properly?
Maybe try and read the "[IMPORTANT] Before Playing a Hack" thread...

Its a nice method of distinguish and emphasize.
Quite a nice idea, I'm curious on what happened to the girl too, Can't wait to find out.

Thank you~ :D

I think extending the beta will be alright... but then again, you could surprise us with the events within the 6th and 7th gyms and we could wait for beta four to have those? ;o

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Good luck, though~

Beta 3's long enough to be released though. but I don't feel like releasing it just yet. I wanna make the gameplay longer. :)

With every update I see, I get more, and more excited. ^__^
Delaying the hack for a while, it saddens me. But, I know in the long-run it will be better, and the hack will be of more quality.

Good Luck.

~~ Stantler.

Sorry, but, delaying has also a good side, right? :3
Thanks~ :)

Yey it's back i join after this was made.
But i always kept an eye on this.
It looks really fun and enjoyable
Best of luck, if you want anything just ask.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back