• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Battle Tower

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Pokemon Crystal, the first Battle Tower was introduced. This one differs greatly from the Generation III and IV one in which Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are allowed, however, at level 70 and above only. Future Battle Towers banned Legendary and Mythicals. The prizes you get for winning at this Battle Tower are Vitamin Drinks only.

In the Japanese versions of these games, you cannot access this area with the Mobile GB System.

Did you compete in the Crystal Battle Tower? Since I only played Crystal up to Lance... no I've never bothered with it myself.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    The Battle Tower in Crystal version was one of my least favorite places in any Pokemon game. The sheer amount of hax that the AI trainers there used was infuriating, and I didn't bother battling there again after losing many times in a row when I first played through Crystal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • honestly, i love the battle tower! yes, the trainers there can be infuriating, and i've lost more times than i've won, but it set the stage for the battle facilities in later games and you have to give it credit for that. in my opinion, the lower levels are a lot harder than the upper levels, but once you get into the swing of things it becomes easier (so to speak) to win! and besides, i REALLY loved the fact that johto got its own thing that made it special and i was so infuriated when i saw what they'd done to it in hgss—instead of adding on to it while still keeping it as the johto battle tower, they replaced it entirely with the battle frontier. i'll take crystal's tower over the hgss frontier any day!

Years
  • I really dislike the Battle Tower and its ilk. I've never gotten very far, let alone beat it, but battles are actually one of my least favorite parts of Pokémon. (I like catching little dudes the best.)

Years
  • This one was ridiculously hard. It was a miracle if I made it to the second opponent and made it to the third maybe, like, once. They were so overpowered and wrecked me so often that I never really tried again whenever I replayed Crystal later on. :x

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The reason they were overpowered was because they often had stats at or near max stats.

This coupled with how STAT EXPERIENCE was handled made them all like Superbosses compared with trainers in later editions of Battle Tower or equivalents.

Especially since having free access to it before you completed half the whole game made that even more pronounced.

Years
  • I didn't bother actually playing with battle tower like facilities prior to gen 6.
    I did try out multiple facilities in the battle frontier in emerald, but got bored fairly fast.

Back