• 80 replies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted February 14th, 2020
12 posts
133 Days
Henry Astor
A Daring Escape!
Time: Night

The bouncer looked really angry, perhaps he'd already been jerked around that night or just had a low tolerance in general, but that was okay. Henry was about to make his daring escape just needed to find a window.

There were no windows. This was a most unfortunate complication in Henry's overall escape plan.

"So kid you going to make this easy or hard?', the deep rumble snapped Henry out of his thoughts. His reason was telling him that the easy way would probably be the best way. He'd probably spend part of tomorrow in lockup and maybe have a citation oh his record. The voice in his head that encouraged him to reach for greater heights, to carve out a future in a new region, to explore new unknowns, to never give up said he could escape, or perhaps it was just the whiskey.

"Well I've given the decision some thought, and I've decided...", he started "HOLY HELL WHAT IS THAT!?", he shouted pointing behind the bouncer. The bouncer instinctively looked over his shoulder, and Henry booked it for the bathroom.

He quickly let Ralts out of her Pokeball, and scooped her up in his arms. Ralts sensing the situation was particularly urgent did not protest as she usually would, and after a few brief moments he was outside again, laying on the ground after a rough landing. He managed to collect himself, and then he saw a familiarly large figure at the end of the alleyway. Of course. Nothing was ever simple.

There was no way to get past him. The alleyway was too narrow, and the bouncer was simply too heavily built for him to run down, and then he remembered that was he a trainer and this guy like most people in Kinyo clearly wasn't. That means he had the advantage, and a cocky smirk spread across his face when he realized this fact. He looked at Ralts, who looked more annoyed at being carried like a football than tired, and came to the decision that if it wasn't broke he shouldn't try to fix it. Besides he didn't want to add assault and battery to tonight's collection of crimes and misdemeanors. He got a running start, and the bouncer spread out to try to block him.

"Ralts use teleport!", it was less disorienting the third time around, perhaps due to the lack of height difference this time, and managed to land upright, and made a rapid exit into the night.

At the time he felt pretty good having managed to once again outwit danger, and escape relatively unscathed but upon reflection he realized that he could've handled the situation better, and that he didn't actually accomplish anything that night other than ruining his clothes. He also reflected that thinking should be his first port of call, instead of a last resort when things went sideways. He decided to give the idea some more thought later and called it a night.

Spoiler:

Level: 12
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Confusion, Disarming Voice, Teleport

Pokemon: Shinx
Level: 9
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Shockwave

Level: 6
Ability: Illusion
Moves: Leer, Scratch, Pursuit, Sucker Punch

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister

Male
Workshop of Dreams
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
559 posts
346 Days

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :

Chapter 4 - 13
Clash Of The Rivals

“Where the heck is he?” Alice tapped her shoes impatiently as she waited for a certain someone to arrive.

Soon she saw an unmistakably striking white hair walking through the crowd with leisure, with a paper cup in his right hand.

“You sure take your time…” The girl pouted when the young man came close to her.

“Well don’t blame me, how the hell should I know to wake up early when you didn’t tell me to prepare beforehand.” Arthur took another sip of his morning tea.

“But, you usually wake up early, right? Are you really late or you’re just trying to tease me?” Alice was suspicious of Arthur’s tardiness.

“I truly wish it was the latter, but unfortunately I actually woke up later than I expected, I guess you whose fault was it.” Arthur gave a mocking smile to insinuate Alice’s morning anger.

“Jerk!” Alice kicked Arthur on the shin as usual.

“Thank you for the compliment, Mademoiselle.” Arthur bowed slightly, further inciting the anger of the girl in front of him.

Realizing he was just moments away from getting the wrath of Alice, he stopped his joke immediately. “Ahem, well anyway… Why are you calling me this early? Didn’t we agree yesterday that we’ll go to the gym after lunch break?”

“Teehee, I knew you’ll say that. Arthur Weissmann, I Alice Rosewell challenge you to a Pokemon battle!” Alice pointed her index finger towards Arthur.

Arthur choked on his tea and started to cough, he shook his head in disbelief seeing how Alice acted. She didn't realize that she was acting like that in an area with a lot of people passing by, and her declaration caused the passerby to look at them curiously. “Geez… Can’t you do that where nobody is seeing us? It’s embarrassing, you know…”

“What is?” Alice didn't understand why Arthur's embarrassed. He should've been honored by her challenge.

The answer given by the young lady elicited a facepalm from Arthur. “Ugh… Nevermind, let’s get this over with… I accept…”

Both of them walked towards the beach once more, which they think was the most suitable place to battle in an effort to avoid unnecessary destruction of public property. Both of them thought that it would be nice if there was a place to battle properly, but with a lack of interest in Pokemon battling these days, it would be pretty hard to find a place they wanted.

“Well, are you ready yet?” Alice already stood in her battling spot with her Pokeball in hand.

“Please wait…” The white-haired teen took his newly bought hat from the bag. After all, avoiding sunburnt is the topmost priority. While adhering to the same priority, he quickly took his sunscreen, quickly applying it on his skin.

“Really, you’re taking that long just to apply sunscreen?” Alice yawned in boredom.

“Yeah, also you should be grateful since I prolonged the time it took for you to lose against me,” Arthur smirked to mock Alice.

“Hahaha.” Alice sarcastically laughed. “Funny coming from the guy who lost thirteen battles against me.”

“Touchè.” Arthur showed a weak smile, deep inside, he admitted that even when she had the type advantage against him back then, she was no slouch in battling. It was going to be a tough fight. “Okay then, I’m ready… Let’s do this at the same time.” Arthur grabbed one of his Pokeball.

“Three…Two…One…Go!” Both of them threw their Pokeball towards the field, Arthur sent out Kaplan while Alice sent out her Cacnea, Thorne.

“Well, this is interesting. Cacnea, Pin Missile!”

“Kaplan, retaliate with Water Gun!”

The Cactus Pokemon shoots out white arrow-shaped stream streams of pins from the spikes on its body, which pierced the water stream spouted by the Seagull Pokemon. The Seagull Pokemon took several hits from the pin but managed to stay flying in the air.

”Sheesh her Cacnea is no joke… I should’ve expected that.” “Change of plans. Kaplan use Wing Attack!”

Kaplan swooped in towards Thorne with his wing glowed in white energy.

“I’m not scared of your tactics Arthur! Thorne, use Needle Arm!” Thorne’s right arm glowed green as it prepared itself to meet the Seagull Pokemon’s attack.

“You fell for it. Kaplan, Supersonic!” Kaplan let out a distorting wave from his mouth, confusing Thorne who was preparing to meet his attack. It gave the Wingull a great opportunity to land a follow-up attack on the Cactus Pokemon.

“So that’s your plan, I’m not going to let you win this though. Thorne, use Sand-attack to hide your presence!” The confused Cactus Pokemon frantically flailed his arms, creating clouds of dust to obscure itself from Kaplan’s sight.

“Not this time, Alice. Kaplan, Icy Wind!” Kaplan flapped both of his wings, sending a chilling wind towards the dust clouds. The attack cleared the dust clouds but at the same time damaging the Cacnea.

“Time to end this! Kaplan, Wing Attack!” Kaplan launched itself once more towards the Cactus Pokemon, eager to end the match.

“Dodge it with Ingrain!” Thorne slammed both of his arms to the ground, creating vines to push himself upwards and dodge the Wing Attack.

“You left yourself wide open, Icy Wind!” Wingull turned his back and sent another wave of freezing breeze towards the Cactus Pokemon who was stuck midair due to Ingrain.

“Pin Missile!” Alice did a last-ditch effort to retaliate but it was deflected by the chilling winds and with the Cactus Pokemon getting hit by the third super-effective move, it finally fainted.

“I guess I’m ahead right now.” Arthur giggled, even if this battle is far from over the fact that he gained the high ground against the powerful Alice was something to be happy of.

“Oh don’t celebrate too early, this is far from over.” Alice grabbed another Pokeball to throw at the battlefield.

“Don’t worry, it’ll end faster than you think.” Arthur grinned, confident at his chance to lower the deficit between his and Alice's winning record.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Current Team and Level Gain
Spoiler:

Braveheart [Beldum] (-)
Ability : Clear Body
Lvl. 18 1/2 (+0 level(s))
Zen Headbutt, Take Down

Muchorin [Darumaka] (Male)
Ability: Hustle
Lvl. 15 (+0 level(s))
Rollout, Incinerate, Fire Fang, Headbutt

Kaplan [Wingull] (Male)
Ability: Hydration
Lvl. 5 1/2 (+0 level(s))
Growl, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Supersonic

Important Items
Spoiler:

Items
Spoiler:

- Twisted Spoon
- Dome Fossil

Battle Items
Spoiler:

None

Medicines
Spoiler:

- Ability Capsule

TMs
Spoiler:

TM 56 - Fling

Berries
Spoiler:

Aspear Berries (2)

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~

Female
Everywhere :3
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted April 13th, 2020
172 posts
3.5 Years

Momoka Kuchiki & Kira Wolf & Riley Blackwood

Entry 4-6: Akurani City\Day 3/ {Evening}

The Miraculous Plan and Alarms?!

“Are you sure this will work?” Momo adjusted the collar of her shirt, fidgeting uncomfortably. She wore an orange and blue dress shirt tucked into a high-waist black leather skirt stopping mid-tights and black boots, on her head as a black sun hat. “And this skirt feels uncomfortable…”

"No one forced ya to come, ya know…" Riley replied, watching as Momo uncomfortably fiddled with her outfit. "This is the best way to go track down that gym lady anyways, so if you're in on helpin', just tough it out for now."

Riley tried her best to mask her own feelings on the matter, but even the most oblivious of souls could see wasn't fairing much better. Taking the Galarian clothes shopping had been a very trying experience for Momo and Kira, with the girl practically dragging her heels the entire time. Eventually, mostly via Kira's own force, they had managed to get Riley to settle on an outfit. A tight fitting, black leather skirt adorned her hips with a leather, baby blue crop top over her chest. The only part she didn't agree with was her footwear.

A pair black, stiletto-heeled sandals were strapped onto the girl's feet. Riley tried her best to hide how awkward the shoes made her feel, but it was almost impossible thanks to her constantly wobbling balance whenever she walked. Kira had seemed to get a cheap laugh out of Riley's misery, one that earned her several scowls from the white-haired teen over the course of the evening.

"What the bloody hell is takin' Kira so long?!" Riley snapped. The girl walked forward a bit in an attempt to get a better view of just what the third member of the motley crew was up to, but as expected by this point she almost stumbled over in the process. "Damn heels!"

The trainer just barely caught her balance,but a faint snicker was still heard. A sharp glare was cast towards Riley's Grookey. The chimp had a very toothy grin, clearly he was taking some sort of delight in the girl's misery.

"Shut it, banana-breath…" Riley muttered.

“If it makes you feel better, we can go and get you some different footwear that’s still fancy and has no heels.” offered Momo, turning towards Riley, a bead of seat rolling down when she noticed the girl’s partner snickering.

Yip! Polly popped up from behind Momo, wearing a pink ribbon similar to Sylveon’s on her right ear, the two strands of ribbon about an inch each and flapping around the puppy pokemon. She smelled the chimp pokemon and immediately bounded over, jumping on said pokemon while yapping happily.

“Polly, calm down! I’m sorry about her Riley!” chided Momo, aiming the apology at the white haired trainer.

Riley waved off the girl's concerns. "Ain't got the time to worry 'bout that. I'll just have to deal…" She paused, turning her focus back towards the club. "Alright, where the bloody hell is Kira? I thought she 'had this…'"

“Geez, Impatient aren’t ya? Did you not see the line?” Kira mocked; her arms folded across her chest as she approached the other two girls. Of the three girls she seemed to be the one most comfortable with her new outfit, sporting a rather modest, emerald green dress along with a pair of shorter white heels. To her side she also carried a white handbag, tonight’s replacement for her usual jacket pockets.

“As far as ‘having this’ went though… Here, take a look.” She began, pulling a broken plastic card from her handbag before flinging a half at Riley. “Apparently bouncer’s take carding way more seriously than firework salesmen. He took one look at it, told me ‘There’s no way this is real’ and snapped it. Somethin’ about my birthday not matching the number or something.”

“With one look? They’re that observant, it’s going to be harder than we thought…” commented Momo when she saw the two halves of the card. They’re going to need a very good plan if they want to get past the observant bouncer, but what can deceive one such as observant? How are we going to get through the front?

“Well… We aren’t, at least not unless you’re hiding an ID card as well. Even then the bouncer will recognize me.” Kira said flatly, flipping half her broken id card between her fingers. “We’ll need to find another way in, perhaps a back door or a window. Somewhere where we won’t be seen.”

“Won’t be seen… maybe the back door?” Momo inquired, looking at the building. If they went through the window, it would take awhile getting in and out, making their escape difficult. She held Polly, managing to pull the pup from her play fight against the monkey pokemon.

“Assuming they have one. Might as well go check though, no point just hanging out here.” Kira said before turning to Riley “You mind sticking around here and keeping a look out up front? It’d suck if we managed to get in only for her to go out the front while looking.”

“You don’t think I wanna…” Riley began before pausing as she wobbled in her heels. “Actually fine, go. Whatever gets me out of these bloody things sooner.” She grumbled in frustration.

“Perfect! We’ll be back here before ya know it!” Kira promised before turning towards the nearby alley way. “Alright Momo, lets go!” She said, waving her along as she headed forward.

“C-Coming!” Momo walked a few steps towards Kira before stopping and looking back at Riley. Will she be alright? Momo shook her head from the thought and fast-walked, hoping to catch up to the other teen, who was already heading to the back of the building.

Only the bright neon lights of the main city street managed to light the gloomy alleyway. Dark corners formed by old boxes and a generous amount of litter scattered across the ground. The rabble from the crowd from outside and the faint, muffled music from inside the club was all that could be heard.

“A-Alright, there should be something for us back here…” Kira said out loud, the dark setting getting to her nerves somewhat. “You okay back there Momo?”

“Y-Yeah! Perfectly fine!” assured Momo as she followed, looking around. Thankfully, she returned Polly to her pokeball before she could run off, but without a pokemon at her side, she could feel herself getting goosebumps. “Are we almost there?” She didn’t like this place, it gave her an eerie vibe, the darkness wasn’t making it any better.

"Yeah, looks like it's just over here." Kira said as she turned a corner. A bit further down was a lonely door with a single cloudy light above it, the door did not appear to have a handle.

"Well, that complicates things a bit..." Kira said with an annoyed groan. "Could you find something to help pry this open with?" She asked back at Momo as she began examining the door.

“Sure" Immediately, Momo looked at her surroundings, hoping to find something useful. She walked over to a pair of trash cans and looks around, ignoring the smell the best she could.

She couldn't find anything sadly, so she turned, but her leg bumped into a box nearby. She quickly jumped back in shock as the box tipped over, different kinds of tools falling out.

"A tool box?" She was confused on why there was one here, but her eyes saw a certain tool and brightened, "Perfect!"

Momo grabbed the tool and walked to Kira's side, "I think I found something!"

Kira gave Momo a blank stare as she presented the screwdriver. “Where the heck did you find… Nevermind, just pry that in between the door and the frame and push.” Kira explained as she pulled out her broken ID card.

“The door doesn’t seem to be locked so it should pop open after shiving the latch. Careful you don’t get your finger’s caught.” Kira explained. Taking half the card, she inserted it into the gap of the door frame and fished for the latch of the door.

Momo did as Kira said and held the handle with both hands, opening a door like this might make a lot of noise.

"Ready!"

“Alright, Just give me a sec here. It’s a bit tricky with only half a card here.” Kira said with a hint of frustration in her tone.

“Just about got it… Just a bit further then…” She mumbled to herself before pushing down on the card, an audible click from the door’s latch being heard as she did so. And, as the door creaked open…

“SKREEEEEEEEE” screamed an alarm as the door left the frame, causing Kira’s heart to nearly leap out of her chest.

Oh no, this door was connected to a fire alarm! Momo tensed, looking at Kira with wide eyes. “K-Kira, we gotta move-” The teen was cut off when she heard a sound she wasn’t expecting. She wiped her head to the side and saw Pidge was flying beside her, looking around. Why now of all times?!

“R-Right… Yeah.” Kira stammered out, still recovering from the near heart attack she just had. “Hurry, down the alleyway!” She said before taking her own advice, moving as fast as she could manage without twisting an ankle in her heels.

Momo grabbed Pidge from the air and swiftly followed, but at a slower pace, she wasn’t used to heels and running in them wasn’t ideal. She noticed the distance between her and Kira was getting longer, and she needed to shorten that, but there was only one way.

“Pidge, stay here buddy.” Momo placed Pidge on her shoulder before stopping briefly, taking off her heels. She grabbed the pair in one hand and ran again, slowly catching up with Kira.

Kira kept up with her brisk pace as she went right by the alley they entered form, instead taking one several buildings further down figuring it’d look less suspicious. As she turned the corner, Kira gave a quick look behind herself to be sure Momo was keeping up before continuing down the corridor.

“Kira, where are we going?” Momo looked ahead of her towards the (slightly) taller girl, holding Pidge in her arms. “What about Riley? We need to go back and check on her!” The alarm was very loud, no doubt the white haired girl also heard it, but her actions afterwards worried her.

“We’re just going one further, we can’t be seen coming out of the alley too close to the club!” She called back, nearly tripping over some loose rubble while she was distracted. Suddenly as they approached the end of the alley Kira slowed down, waiting up for Momo. “Rylie will be fine, at least assuming she didn’t get into her own trouble. From here we need to walk out and pretend like we’re just curious spectators, got it?”

"A-Alright, but we have to fix our clothes after that run." Speaking of clothes, she looked down and noticed that her clothes were a bit rustled. Quickly, she straightened her skirt and patted off any dust, "They'll be looking for anyone who's out of place."

As she walked Kira self consciously dusted off her own dress after noticing a bit of dirt from the back door. “I-It shouldn’t matter too much. We’re only gonna stick around for long enough to see if Deidre leaves and then we’re out of here. They shouldn’t have any reason to suspect us.” Kira said in a hushed tone as they left the alley way.

About a hundred feet down the road a crowd is forming around the club, the fire alarm while faint could still be heard blaring as confused looking people were funneling out of the building slowly. Some joining the crowd outside, others heading further down the road abandoning their night out.

Momo stopped a bit away from the crowd and glanced down at Pidge. “Can you scope for someone?” The tiny bird pokemon nodded and his trainer explained the appearance of Deidre, from when they last saw her. She opened her arms and let the bird fly away, watching as he soared over the growing crowd.

“What do we do if Deidre isn’t there? We might have time to check out the other clubs…”

“I don’t have another ID card, there’s no way I could get in anywhere. Not only that, it’d look suspicious if every club in the city’s fire alarm went off tonight.” Kira explained in a hushed tone. “I think the best we can do is keep an eye out and pray she’s here.”

Momo accepted Kira’s explanation and looked over, hoping that the gym leader was here. Sadly, there wasn’t any appearance of said person anywhere. Did they get the wrong bar?

Coo! Momo glanced upward and saw Pidge soaring towards them, landing on her shoulder seconds later. “Did you find her boy?” The tiny bird shook his head, leaving the girl to sigh. “Thought so. Do you see her Kira?”

Kira shook her head "Well, I've found what I imagine my dad would have looked like 20 years ago, clothes and all, but not a single sign of her…"

“So she isn’t here?” Momo inquired, watching as police and firefighters entered the scene. The firefighters entered the building to look for the ‘fire’ while the police asked the people questions. Luckily, the teens were far enough to not be questioned and close enough to be seen as just bystanders. “Should we leave? We could try the other bars tomorrow or ask someone about where Deidre is?”

“Yeah… we probably should. No sense sticking around.” Kira resigned with a heavy sigh. “I can’t believe we have to waste our time hunting her down just for a challenge…”

Spoiler:
Momo’s Current Team:
{Male}Mudfish Pokemon - Finn (Mudkip)[Torrent] - Tackle, Water Gun, Ice Ball, Mud Slap {Lvl.14}

{Male}Tiny Bird Pokemon - Pidge (Pidgey)[Keen Eye] - Tackle, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Gust {Lvl. 11}

{Female}Puppy Pokemon - Polly(Lillipup)[Pickup] - Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Psychic Fangs {Level 5}

Kira’s Current Team:

Clap Pokemon - Azure (Spheal)

Tricky Fox Pokemon - ?? (Zorua)

Riley’s Current Team:

Chimp Pokemon - Grookey

Owl Pokemon - Hoothoot

Age 27
Under my rock
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
67 posts
2.5 Years
Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
Day: Four || Time: Morning

A Not So Sly Fox
“Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz!”

Kira gave an exhausted groan as her Holotch’s alarm screeched across the room, its vibration causing it to dance in place on the wooden side table. Lazily she reached out and shut off her alarm, not exactly ready to get up however here she was.

Sitting up in her bed, she slowly tried to stretch herself awake, taking in the new morning as best as she can. Their expedition to the bar last night was a complete failure, they didn’t see a single sign of Deidre as the bar and completely lost Riley after the alarm sounded. At least they weren’t found out.

Kira for a moment pondered what to do next. She still needed to meet up with Jason later so she couldn’t leave, even if she could she’d just be waiting at Vinylace city instead of here so there wasn’t really a point in leaving early.

With a frustrated sigh Kira grabbed her Holotch from the side table and began looking through her notifications. The first one was a missed call, the contact may not be saved however she knew the number. “Dad must have given it to her… Not now mom.” She muttered tiredly, swiping away the notification.

The next one was a notification from her class’ group chat. Her eyes brightening up as she skimmed through the message. “No way… Did that stickler really have the same idea as we did?” she said out loud to herself as she read the good news “Deidre’s gym will be open from 8am to 5pm”

Kira nearly leapt from her bed in excitement, holding her phone to her chest. “There’s still a chance!” She loudly exclaimed, not caring at all if someone can hear her through the walls. “Azure and I have got this in the bag! I’ll be there early as well; I want to be the first one in the class to beat her!”

As Kira came down from her emotional high though she began to ponder, would it be that easy? She isn’t a gym leader for nothing, without at doubt Deidre would have more than one Pokémon and all Kira had was Azure…

Kira looked over at the bag containing Azure’s ball, she’s taken battles two vs one before and won however they were just wild Pokémon. There was that other one, a Zorua as the nurse called it, but should she trust it to fight?

Kira gave a bit of a sigh as she thought about that troublemaker. She originally planned on taking it to the police and telling them what happened however she didn’t really want to risk the possibility of being held up by the police for a while. She knew firsthand how long things could take with them sometimes.

Digging through the bag she pulled out the mischief maker’s ball and stared at it. She was in the Pokémon center so it couldn’t escape easily if it tried to run. “I’ll give her one chance…” Kira said to herself. Unceremoniously she let the Zorua out of her ball.

The black, foxlike Pokémon scrambled around the floor as she appeared, not entirely sure what’s happening. Gathering her barring she looked around the unfamiliar room until locked gazes with Kira who was busy giving her a stern look. The foxlike Pokémon stepped back slowly, growling at Kira as she made distance.

“You caused me a lot of trouble, you know that right?” Kira said sternly, not taking aback at the small Pokémon’s attempt at intimidation. With her arms crossed Kira stepped forward closer, not letting the Pokémon create any distance between them.

The foxlike Pokémon gave a bit of a yelp as she bumped into the wall behind her, literally being cornered by the trainer in front of her. With nowhere else to go she crouched closed to the ground, bracing herself as she looked up at Kira with a fearful expression.

Kira stern look shifted as the Pokémon trembled. “Was… she scared of her?” she began to think as she looked down at the Foxlike Pokémon. Taking a step back to give her a little room, Kira kneeled down and took a closer look at the poor little thing who in return began to whimper softly.

“H-Hey, it’s alright. I won’t kick you again.” Kira said, trying to console the Pokémon with little effect. She gave a bit of a conceded sigh, almost wishing she lashed out at her instead.

“Let me get you something to eat…”

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister

Male
Workshop of Dreams
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
559 posts
346 Days

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :

Chapter 4 - 14
Miscalculation

“Let’s go, Hayden!” Alice called her Zangoose to enter the battlefield as her second Pokemon.

So she caught herself a Zangoose, eh? It looks pretty formidable… Arthur smacked his lips at the sight of Hayden, he had to plan carefully or his plan he meticulously prepared would go up in smoke.

“Smash him, Hayden! Crush Claw!”

“Dodge with Quick Attack!” Kaplan barely dodged Hayden’s red-glowing claw.

“Grr… This isn’t good…” Arthur muttered while gritting his teeth, he knew well that Kaplan’s frailty was the main issue in using him in battle. Against a Pokemon with terrifying power and speed like Zangoose, he had to tread carefully.

Unwilling to let up the pressure, Alice immediately ordered her Zangoose to strike once more “Hayden, use Quick Attack!”

“Keep your distance, Water Gun!” Kaplan spouted a powerful stream of water to deter the advancing Hayden, however much to his and his trainer’s surprise the Cat Ferret Pokemon chose to ignore the pain and power through the water.

“Crush Claw!”

Hayden swung his claw once more, this time Kaplan had no chance to evade it. The attack caused Kaplan to spun wildly before crashing to the sand, creating a huge dust cloud of sand at its wake.

“I told you, didn’t I? You’re not the only one getting stronger.” Alice smiled at her wryly smiling friend.

“Fine, I admit it you got even stronger than before, Alice…” Said Arthur while rubbing the back of his head, which was met by elated giggling from Alice.

“But you’re totally mistaken if you think you can easily beat me… Let’s retaliate, Kaplan!”

Arthur thought of doing the same strategy he did against Matthew, it lacked the surprise factor since Alice was there when he fought the hiker but still decreasing the Cat Ferret Pokemon’s speed would go a long way in ensuring his victory, just as he was wrapping up his thoughts, he could feel that something was not right on the field.

“Wait, Kaplan?” Arthur shook his head as Kaplan hadn’t come out from the dust cloud yet, it couldn’t be…

But just as Arthur fear, the reality was grim. The dust was slowly cleared revealing Kaplan, laid out unconscious inside the sand crater.

“Yay, now it’s even!” Alice smiled at the sight as she was closer to grasp another victory from her former classmate.

Contrary to the joyful sight, Arthur unwrapped a sour candy while showing a grim expression. Are you kidding me!? One hit!? Gah, all of that strategizing goes down the drain… What am I supposed to do now? Not to mention she still has that Pokemon with her…

“Are you giving up? I’ll gladly end this if you want to.” Alice teased the poor man.

“Fine, I give up.” Arthur sighed.

“Haha, I kno... Eh? What!? Are you serious!?” Alice turned wide-eyed as she saw her rival immediately threw in the towel, she thought the knockout would throw a wrench to Arthur's plan, but not this bad.

“You actually believed that? I’m obviously joking.”

“Geez, I couldn’t believe I actually fell for that… I’ll guess I’ll pull no punches from now on.”

Arthur rolled his eyes at the ridiculous claim Alice made. “Like you even tried to hold back in the first place.” Hmm… This doesn’t look good… But it’s not like I have a lot of choices to pick from anyway. So, I guess this is the best move I can do right now.

“I guess, it’s time for you to shine, Pal… I choose you!” Arthur threw another Pokeball towards the field, all in hopes that he could defeat Hayden before the situation turned even more south than he could handle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Current Team and Level Gain
Spoiler:

Braveheart [Beldum] (-)
Ability : Clear Body
Lvl. 18 1/2 (+0 level(s))
Zen Headbutt, Take Down

Muchorin [Darumaka] (Male)
Ability: Hustle
Lvl. 15 (+0 level(s))
Rollout, Incinerate, Fire Fang, Headbutt

Kaplan [Wingull] (Male)
Ability: Hydration
Lvl. 8 (+2 1/2 level(s))
Growl, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Supersonic

Important Items
Spoiler:

Items
Spoiler:

- Twisted Spoon
- Dome Fossil

Battle Items
Spoiler:

None

Medicines
Spoiler:

- Ability Capsule

TMs
Spoiler:

TM 56 - Fling

Berries
Spoiler:

Aspear Berries (2)

Age 27
Under my rock
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
67 posts
2.5 Years
Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
Day: Four || Time: Morning

A Not So Sly Fox
Kira stared down at the ball in her hand, her fingers tapping lightly against it as it rolled in her palm. A cool breeze swept over one of the few green areas of the city, a small park a short walk away from the Pokémon center. Quietly she considered her options one last time, did she trust Azure to take on the Gym on his own or did she trust the little shapeshifting gremlin she caught the day before?

Kira looked out from her spot under a tree, she managed to find a rather quiet spot. The only activity she noticed was the splashing of water in the nearby lake from Azure’s playing. If anywhere, this would be the spot to give the little thing a chance. Letting out a long breath out of her nose she casually tossed the ball, mustering up a stern look as she did.

The Black fox Pokémon scurried in place once again as it appeared with a bright red flash, clearly not used to the ball yet. As it appeared to reorient itself it stumbled backwards a bit once it caught sight of Kira.

Kira gave a bit of an annoyed sigh as it put up the fearful act again. “Come on, cut that out. I’m giving you a chance here. She said before kneeling to get closer. “In fact, if it weren’t for me you’d likely be trapped in a ball or cage after the police got to you. Who knows for how long?”

Kira sighed as the Pokémon kept giving the same fearful expression, looking back and forth around itself. “Maybe I should give you a name first…” She said with a gentler tone now that a stern one has backfired a second time. “Let’s go with Nyx, alright?”

The newly named Nyx seemed to loosen up as Kira began speaking in a softer tone, still acting somewhat guarded however. “Alright, now that that’s settled, I’ve got something for you to do here.” Kira announced, pulling out a few colorful nylon threaded balls.

“So Azure and I do this all the time, all I want you to do is hit these balls. Try to get them before they hit the ground!“ Kira explained before tossing the ball. Nyx simply stared at the ball as it landed on the ground, eventually pouncing on it a long moment after it landed.

“I see… You might need a demonstration. Azure! Come here!”

The joyous Seal barked in excitement as he made his way over to Kira, leaving a small path in the grass as he rolls along.

“Alright Azure, you know what to do!” Kira called out as she tossed one of the balls into the air. Without a moment’s hesitation he happily shot a salty stream of water, knocking it a few feet away before falling to the ground.

“There, just like that. Your turn Nyx!” Kira called out as she once again, tossed the ball into the air. Nyx, standing on her hind legs trying to bat it out of the air, fell on her back as the ball sailed well over her head and on the ground about two feet away.

“This might take a while…” Kira muttered under her breath.