• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
    latest
    latest

Day: Four || Time: Morning

A Not So Sly Fox
    Kira stared down at the ball in her hand, her fingers tapping lightly against it as it rolled in her palm. A cool breeze swept over one of the few green areas of the city, a small park a short walk away from the Pokémon center. Quietly she considered her options one last time, did she trust Azure to take on the Gym on his own or did she trust the little shapeshifting gremlin she caught the day before?

Kira looked out from her spot under a tree, she managed to find a rather quiet spot. The only activity she noticed was the splashing of water in the nearby lake from Azure's playing. If anywhere, this would be the spot to give the little thing a chance. Letting out a long breath out of her nose she casually tossed the ball, mustering up a stern look as she did.

The Black fox Pokémon scurried in place once again as it appeared with a bright red flash, clearly not used to the ball yet. As it appeared to reorient itself it stumbled backwards a bit once it caught sight of Kira.

Kira gave a bit of an annoyed sigh as it put up the fearful act again. "Come on, cut that out. I'm giving you a chance here. She said before kneeling to get closer. "In fact, if it weren't for me you'd likely be trapped in a ball or cage after the police got to you. Who knows for how long?"

Kira sighed as the Pokémon kept giving the same fearful expression, looking back and forth around itself. "Maybe I should give you a name first…" She said with a gentler tone now that a stern one has backfired a second time. "Let's go with Nyx, alright?"

The newly named Nyx seemed to loosen up as Kira began speaking in a softer tone, still acting somewhat guarded however. "Alright, now that that's settled, I've got something for you to do here." Kira announced, pulling out a few colorful nylon threaded balls.

"So Azure and I do this all the time, all I want you to do is hit these balls. Try to get them before they hit the ground!" Kira explained before tossing the ball. Nyx simply stared at the ball as it landed on the ground, eventually pouncing on it a long moment after it landed.

"I see… You might need a demonstration. Azure! Come here!"

The joyous Seal barked in excitement as he made his way over to Kira, leaving a small path in the grass as he rolls along.

"Alright Azure, you know what to do!" Kira called out as she tossed one of the balls into the air. Without a moment's hesitation he happily shot a salty stream of water, knocking it a few feet away before falling to the ground.

"There, just like that. Your turn Nyx!" Kira called out as she once again, tossed the ball into the air. Nyx, standing on her hind legs trying to bat it out of the air, fell on her back as the ball sailed well over her head and on the ground about two feet away.

"This might take a while…" Kira muttered under her breath.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 15
    Raging Ferret

"Braveheart, I choose you!"

Braveheart came out of its ball, it already prepared itself to vanquish anyone in it's sight. It happily reacted towards the sight of Alice, but it quickly turned into the sight of bewilderment as the Iron Ball Pokemon realized the Pokemon on the field.

"I think Braveheart is looking for it's rival, don't you think it's best to keep it for later?" Alice smiled, teasing Arthur who was trying his best to appease the complaining Iron Ball Pokemon.

"Get real, Alice… The only reason you want Braveheart to come out later is only because you wanted a free match up advantage. And Braveheart, chill… If you can beat her Zangoose you'll face him again."

"Tee-hee, well that too."

"Cunning girl... Braveheart, focus on defense, hold your position!"

Braveheart was confused with its trainer's choice, it wasn't usual for Arthur to stay put, but it chose to oblige the order anyway.

"Hmm… Defensive plays? It's not like you, Arthur. You really think you can win with this?"

"Aw, shut up! You're not going to mess with my head again anytime soon, Alice!"

"I really don't think you can win with defensive play in this match up though, Hone Claws!"

Hayden's arm enveloped in red light, sharpening and increasing the power of his claw. Much to the chagrin of the young man.

Arthur sighed. "I really hate you… Braveheart, on the offensive! Take Down!"

"Dodge with Quick Attack!"

The Iron Ball Pokemon lunged itself in high speed towards the Cat Ferret Pokemon, only to have it sidestepped easily opening it to an attack opportunity.

"Hayden, Crush Claw!"

"Don't block it! Trade Blows using Zen Headbutt!"

Hayden's claws glow white as it slammed both claws towards Braveheart, which landed perfectly only to have a Zen Headbutt knock him square on his face. Causing the proud Cat Ferret Pokemon stumbled to the ground

"Pull back, Hayden!"

Hayden disregarded the order from his trainer, he was filled with too much anger to pull back. The fact that the Iron Ball Pokemon was able to shrug his attack effortlessly while he took some damage from it was unacceptable. Trembling with rage, he charged once more towards Braveheart with his claws glowing white, ready to maul and defeat the insolent Pokemon in front of him.

"Hayden! Stop!" Alice yelled even louder to stop the Cat Ferret Pokemon again to no avail.

Arthur smiled looking at this opportunity, it seems that lady luck had given him a great opening he could exploit to exact revenge against his rival. "Braveheart, you know the drill."

Braveheart calmly stood still as the claw slammed into its body. It retaliated with another Zen Headbutt which hit Zangoose straight on the chin. Knocking it flying backwards towards the sand.

Braveheart showed a smug look on its eye, it can't believe it was so easy to beat down the Zangoose into submission. It was happy that it wouldn't be long until it's worthy rival came out and replace this pushover.

Meanwhile Zangoose wasn't elated at all to see the disrespectful look, The Iron Ball Pokemon showed towards him. He firmly believed he's the strongest and no one was going to beat him that easily… With his pride in stake, it mustered another Crush Claw to vanquish the Beldum. However…

"Hayden, return!" A bright red light enveloped the Zangoose as it returned back to its Pokeball.

"Geez… That's a great trainer for you," Arthur mumbled. If she was an easy trainer, she would've forced to continue with Zangoose, but instead she returned the Zangoose back to its ball to avoid getting her Pokemon knocked out needlessly. Beating her wouldn't be an easy attempt.

"Geez, Hayden… Why…"

"You've raised one powerful Pokemon there…"

"Shut up…" Alice sulked over what she assumed to be a tease from Arthur.

"I'm serious. The fact that Hayden could withstand two Zen Headbutts in a row is quite the feat."

"U-um… Thanks."

"Well, I don't want to ruin your parade, however I don't think you can win against me. At least not when the odds are stacked against you." Arthur smiled, confident of his victory.

"You sure the odds are stacked against me?" Alice grabbed her last Pokemon which quickly changed the expression of Arthur's face into a wry smile.

"Geez… Nope, I'm not so sure now…"

"Well you better prepare yourself because after this, you're done for, go!" Alice threw her final Pokeball, releasing the Pokemon which quickly suspended itself in the air using its flames.

"...Darn, why are you always so intimidating." Arthur smiled ironically, looking upward at the sky where Alice's last Pokemon float majestically above him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
    latest
    latest

Day: Four || Time: Morning

Reunion Before Dusk

There's no way..." Kira thought to herself as she approached the center of the city, weaving through people with her rushed pace. "Nyx was so slow, there's no way she could take on a proper battle, especially not against a gym leader..."

Kira gritted her teeth in frustration "Geez, I didn't think of this at all. I expected her attitude to be difficult to work with, not this..."

"Hey! Kira!" Called out a male voice, Snapping Kira out of her train of thought. Looking up, she instantly recognized the older looking man standing outside of the Gym's entrance.

"Hey!" Kira called back, her mood brightening up in an instant. Kira's brisk pace picking up into a jog for the last bit of stretch to the gym. "Didn't expect to see you here so early Officer Rodgers." Kira said with a bit of a coy smile.

"Okay, come on. I'm not even wearing my uniform right now. You're doing it on purpose." The man said, smiling despite his slightly sulking tone.

"Yep" Kira admitted flatly. As she did though, Kira spotted another familiar face nearby, a taller, tan woman, this time in more casual clothes. "I... Wasn't expecting to see you here though Roxanne..."

"Yeah, Jason mentioned being here early so I figured I'd meet up with him here." She said with a sheepish tone, stepping forward a bit. "He told me you were a bit of a troublemaker so I guess that little fox and you should get along well."

"Right..." Kira said, somewhat unamused. Her arms folded across her chest.

"Yeah..." Roxanne said with a bit of a hollow laugh. "However, what I really mean to say is; Thank you, thank you so much!" she said, suddenly stepping forward to embrace Kira.

Kira gave a bit of a yelp in surprise, not expecting the sudden embrace what-so-ever. "Hey, let me go!" Kira complained, trying to push herself away from the larger woman.

"Sorry, but you really didn't need to do that for me. Especially after what I did..." Roxanne insisted as she freed Kira. "But I really appreciate it, thank you so much! Again!" She said, a smile beaming on her face.

"I-I didn't do it for you, just Jason." Kira said with a bit of a stutter, her red face clearly giving away her lie.

"Right, anyway, since you decided to turn down my other gift I decided to get you something else!" Roxanne said in a very chipper tone as she pushed a bumpy yellow Helmet into Kira's hands. "Jason mentioned you'd be facing off against Deidre today so I managed to get that for you from the construction yard."

Kira shuffled awkwardly a bit as the helmet was thrust into her hands, it was really weird for her to see Roxanne this happy after what they've been through. "It's a hard hat..." Kira remarked in a bit of a confused tone.

"More or less, believe it or not there was once an age where I used to enjoy watching Deidre fight. She likes to fight very close and personally with her pokemon so a few challengers would try using something like this once they picked up on that." Roxanne explained.

"Alright, I'll consider it... Azure's going to be going at it alone so I guess I'll need any advantage I can get, thanks." Kira remarked, looking the construction hat over.

"Wait, Roxanne mentioned you caught another pokemon when you met her. What about that one?" Jason asked, finally piping up again.

"There's no way Nix is ready for a fight, especially with a gym leader. Azure can roll circles around her and he isn't exactly built for land." Kira said with a bit of a sigh, holding the helmet under her arm for now.

"Nix huh? Well have you tried battling with her?" Jason asked with a concerned look.

"Not exactly, Trained with her a bit at the park though. She was more cooperative than I thought she would be, but made up for that with her clumsiness." Kira explained.

"Alright, I know I'm not a trainer in the traditional sense however you know I work with pokemon. You mention how she isn't ready for a proper battle yet, especially against a gym leader. However; A Gym leader's purpose is to evaluate you, perhaps teach you a thing or two and to hold back so it's a fair fight for the most part. This should be the perfect chance for Nyx to get some battle experience, not the worst time. Especially if you have no other option." Jason lectured, somewhat getting into his 'Cop voice'.

"You think huh?" Kira asked, weighing her options.

"I can tell you, I've seen her use plenty of different pokemon." Roxanne began explaining. " She usually used her tougher pokemon against challengers with more badges, and you're fresh out of school right? Considering that, there shouldn't be too much to worry about."

"Well, Again then I'll consider it. I didn't exactly leave a good first impression on Nyx so I'll probably leave it up to her whether she wants to battle or not."

"Whatever you decide we'll be cheering you on." Jason said with a smile. "Speaking of which we should probably stop loitering around here and go inside, we'll be in the gallery. Good luck Kira."

"Thank you, I promise I'll do my best."

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 16
    Slipping Away

Braveheart was giddy with excitement, at long last, it could fight his greatest challenge it ever knew. The Larvesta on the other hand was less than pleased to see the Iron Ball Pokemon once more, it glared menacingly below, looking discontent with the opponent he had to face.

"Sol and I have grown stronger together and we'll show you that."

"Which is why I absolutely dread this moment… I hate to do this but." Arthur pulled Braveheart's Pokeball, he strategically returned Braveheart inside it's Pokeball.

"You sure your Beldum won't be mad at you?"

"I'm pretty sure it would, but it's not like you didn't add anything to your repertoire, no? That's why… This will be a far more suitable choice. Go, Muchorin!"

Muchorin joyfully entered the battle, clapping and dancing as always. His expression changed however as he saw the floating Larvesta above him.

"Ka?" Darumaka pointed while eliciting a confused gesture.

The poor Pokemon's trainer just nodded as he himself had no idea how to handle the … Pokemon. With Kaplan out cold so does the hope of outpowering the Larvesta using type-advantage. Not to mention the fact that the Larvesta was able to fly while Muchorin didn't. It was a hard task, but he'll have to chip away Larvesta's health if he wanted a win against Alice.

"This is the end! Flamethrower!" Larvesta released a powerful stream of fire from its mouth towards the ground.
    "Dodge, Muchorin!" Muchorin jumped away from the way of the flames, but the Larvesta emitted even more flames, causing Muchorin to continuously jump to evade.

"Are you going to keep playing like this?" Alice smiled.

"Yes, and I'm not ashamed at all."

"Let's see how long you can keep up doing this, Flamethrower!"

The Torch Pokemon continued to bombard Muchorin with powerful flames, it wasn't an easy task to continuously attempt to dodge all of them perfectly, even with Muchorin's ability. Left with no choice, Arthur decided to retaliate.

"Incinerate!" Muchorin spewed out fiery flames of his own, but it didn't take long until it was overpowered by the much stronger flames of the Larvesta.

"Uh, dodge using Flame Wheel!" Muchorin rolled away to avoid getting more damage, but the flame kept trying to chasing him as he rolled away.

"So, ready to admit defeat?" Alice taunted Arthur once more with a mocking smile.

"Never!" Arthur answered confidently, or so it seemed. In reality, the fact that Sol had the range and power advantage over his Darumaka was quite the red flag. There wasn't much strategy he could think of, let alone formulating one under the pressure of constant bombardment of the powerful Flamethrower. With his advantage slipping away, he decided to take a huge risk.

"Muchorin, scale the wall!" With the Flame Wheel still in effect, Muchorin trailed vertically using the cliff wall, leaving some trace of flames away on the cliffside.

"You're going to buy some time? Quite the irony considering how you usually fought at the academy."

"I've grown up Alice, and I will prove it right now… Incinerate!" Muchorin spew up another burst of fiery flame from its mouth.

Arthur expected Alice to counter the Incinerate by some other move, or even get angry by his stalling tactics. But she stood there calmly, eyeing both Sol and Muchorin who were still trading fire breaths, much to his irritation. Realizing that she won't be able to be taunted at the current state, Arthur finally decided to do a hail mary.

"Muchorin, Rollout!" Muchorin rolled out from the cliff above, he pounced with all it's might from the cliff towards the floating Torch Pokemon. It was a desperate move made by the usually calculating Arthur.

Strangely Sol didn't move at all from its position, but Arthur instantly knew in that moment that something was up. In a short period, he tried to analyze as

Why is she so confident in taking a Rollout directly… Did she make a mistake? No… Alice doesn't make mistakes like that. Unless…

Arthur's calm facade immediately crumbled as his eyes turned wide-eyed when he realized he made a huge blunder, however it was too late.

"Power through it, Sol. Chuck him away to the sea using Flame Charge!" The Rollout almost caused the Larvesta to plummet to the ground, but unfortunately for the Zen Charm Pokemon, it managed to stay afloat by raising the flame intensity emitted from its horns. With the impact easily taken care of, it was Larvesta's turn to strike back. The Larvesta brought the Darumaka away with ease before immediately dumping him in the ocean.

Not willing to let Muchorin suffer through the same horrors it had suffered during their initial meeting, Arthur rushed to grab Muchorin's Pokeball returning him to a safe place before he took a deep plunge into the ocean.

"You know what this means, right?"

"Yeah… I'm forfeiting him from the battle, he already had enough…"

The tables were turned once again and this time the chance of Arthur reversing the situation was slim, with that fact the young man tried to compose himself as he sank closer to the jaws of defeat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-7: Akurani City\Day 4/ {Morning - Afternoon}

The Gym Battle!

Beep! Beep! The bed covers slightly pushed as a hand appeared, pushing down on the alarm clock, silence engulfed the room. Seconds later, the owner of the hand appeared from under the covers and yawned, looking around the room.

"Oh right… the stake-out failed…" Momo slowly got up from the covers and towards the dresser. Meanwhile, Finn, who was sleeping on the pillow, was aroused from slumber at his trainer's movement. After yawning, he stretched and looked upwards, Pidge was perched on the headboard of the bed, already awake and alert. Finn chirped and jumped, latching onto the headboard using his paws as he stared at Pidge, who glanced back. The two stared at each other for a few seconds before Finn slipped and fell back onto the mattress, letting out a surprised chirp.

*Timeskip*
    Momo walked out of her temporary room with her pokemon in their respective places: Finn held in her arms and Pidge perched on her shoulder. She walked down the stairs to the level floor of the Pokemon Center, walking over to a dining table and sat down. As she looked out the window, her Holotch, placed on the table in front of her, let out a familiar tune, signaling a message. Momo grabbed the device and opened the message, noticing it came from the group chat made a while back just for their graduating class. She looked at the latest message and noticed it was from Arthur, but her eyes widened at the information: Deidre's gym will be open from 8am to 5pm!

"How did he?" Momo pondered before shaking her head, "It doesn't matter, as long as we all know." She placed the holocast down and turned to her pokemon. "You guys ready?"

*Timeskip - 3:00pm*
    "Come out Murkrow!" Deidre sends out a Murkrow, the pokemon cawed before landing on the ground.

"A Murkrow, huh?" Momo grabbed one of her pokeballs and threw it, "Polly!" At her call, the pokeball opened and Lillipup appeared, letting out howl before turning towards the other pokemon.

The darkness pokemon jumped and flapped its wings, taking to the air without a command. "Murkrow, Peck!" It's beak gained a white-ish aura and the pokemon soared it's way towards the Puppy Pokemon.

"Polly, use Psychic Fangs!" The puppy pokemon opened her mouth and her fangs were covered in psychic energy. Momo had a nagging feeling in her brain, warning her, but her nerves overwritten that feeling. This was her first gym battle, she trained her pokemon and believed they were ready, but were they?
    Murkrow flew parallel to the ground as they grew closer, Polly stood her ground with her fangs out, ready to bite.

"Jump!" Polly jumped just as Murkrow was inches from her, causing the darkness pokemon to fly below her. She moved herself to aim her attack at the pokemon from above, but her eyes widened when Murkrow improvised and twisted itself so its back was to the ground, aiming their beak at her. It was as if they knew what she was gonna do! Polly bit Murkrow just as the latter pecked the former. Polly let go of the darkness pokemon, letting out a cry of pain and was sent back a few inches, falling on her side. Murkrow right itself and soared back up, awaiting orders.

"Peck again!" The darkness pokemon's beak glowed once again as they swiftly flew down to the puppy pokemon, who was just getting up.

"Use Leer!" Polly looked up at the incoming pokemon and her eyes glowed red, glaring at the pokemon. Murkrow blinked their eyes, their defense lowering a bit, but didn't stop it's pursuit. "Dodge!" Just as Polly was about to jump away, Murkrow appeared in front of her and landed a hit! Once again, Polly was pushed back.

Momo bit her lip as she watched, rethinking her strategy. She shouldn't have brought Polly out, she just caught her and immediately placed her against a gym leader? She should have thought this through, but she was so excited to fight a gym leader at last, it overwritten her common sense.

Like before, Murkrow swiftly flew back, "Wing Attack!" Returning only seconds later, but with their wings glowing a white aura, aiming straight at Polly.

"Polly! Dodge it!" cried Momo, praying the Puppy Pokemon would avoid the hit. But her prayers weren't heard and Polly was hit, landing in front of her feet, fainted. She was badly injured and it slowed her down, allowing the move to hit her, but she was inexperienced in battles as well, Finn and Pidge fought other pokemon and at least a couple trainers, but Polly, neither. She kneeled down and gently picked up Polly with one arm, using the other to bring out her pokeball.

"As long as you tried your best, girl." assured Momo before opening the capsule, allowing it to do its job. Once it was closed, she stood back up and placed the pokeball on her belt, bringing out a different one. She took a deep breath before throwing her hand up, letting go of the pokeball, "Come out Pidge!"
    Pidge the Pidgey let out his battle cry, landing in front of Momo as he stared down Murkrow.

"Alright Murkrow, Aerial Ace!" The Darkness pokemon flapped its wings and flew a few feet up, getting coated in a white aura. They flipped before soaring down towards the Tiny Bird. Pidge flapped his wings and flew up a bit as well, and once Murkrow got close, he twirled around to dodge the Darkness Pokemon, but his efforts were futile. Murkrow only turned around and hit Pidge from behind, causing the Tiny Pokemon to let out a cry of pain, falling for a few seconds before regaining his balance.

"Pidge, Air Cutter!" Pidge gravitated parallel from Murkrow and flapped his wings with strength, releasing a stream of blue 'X' shaped blades. Murkrow did his best to dodge, but was hit by a few of the blades, causing him to fall back.

"Feint Attack!" Murkrow flies straight towards Pidge, but as the Tiny Bird gets ready to dodge, the Darkness Pokemon vanishes. Pidge lets out an alarmed squawk, only to change to a cry of pain when hit from behind by a familiar force. Pidge lands on the ground, twirling a bit before he stretches his wings and takes to the air, wobbling once in a while, but glaring fiercely at the opposing bird pokemon.

"Use Gust!" Pidge flapped his wings at high speeds and created strong gusts of wind, hitting Murkrow and blowing him back. The Darkness Pokemon plummets to the ground, weakly standing up as Pidge lands a few feet from them.

"Aerial Ace once more!" Murkrow swiftly flaps their wings and is surrounded in a white aura, soaring towards Pidge, who flies upward, hoping to dodge the attack.

"Pidge, dodge is as much as you can!" Momo was hoping Pidge could do it, but she remembers clearly that Aerial Ace is a move that never misses, the only way it wouldn't work is by a status move preventing the move to begin in the first place.

Pidge twirled and looped around, but Murkrow was right on his tail, and gaining speed. Seconds later, Murkrow appeared infront of Pidge and heatbutted the Tiny Bird to the ground, rendering it unconscious.

Momo sadly smiled, opening Pidge's pokeball and returning the Tiny Bird. "You did you best, take a rest." She then took out Finn's pokeball and stared at the gym leader, knowing that with the current odds, she won't make it, but she can't just give up, she has to at least try!

"You're all I have left Finn! Give it all you got!" Throwing the pokeball, it opened and a bright light flashed, revealing Finn the Mudkip, who chirped as he landed in front of Momo.

"Murkrow, peck!" Murkrow flew parallel to the ground as his beak glowed a white aura, gaining speed along the way.
    "Finn, Tackle!" Finn charged at the incoming pokemon, his own white aura covering him. The two pokemon meet in the middle, causing a small dust storm to kick up. A few seconds later, the dust settled, revealing a fainted Murkrow.

"Poochyena, come on out!" Pocchyena landed in front of Deidre, letting out a howl, glaring at Finn, who blinked with narrowed eyes.

"Water Gun!" Finn's cheeks puffed up as he charged up his move, but as he did...

"Thunder Fang!" Poochyena rushed towards the mudfish pokemon and opened his mouth, charged with electricity, and bit the pokemon's tail. Mudkip flinched, but held his cry of pain as he turned and hit the Poochyena in the face with a water gun, sending the Bite pokemon back a few feet. Poochyena slowly stood and shook itself, getting rid of any excessive water.

"Water Gun again!" "Thunder fang a second time!"
    Once again, the two repeated the same pattern as before, but Poochyena bit his right foreleg, which was much closer to Finn's mouth. However, Finn flinched after finishing his move, his body has flickers of electricity appearing often, revealing the paralysis induced by Thunder Fang. Both pokemon stared at each other down, down on their last leg.

"Thunder Fang once more!" Poochyena charged, with the intent to finish it once and for all.

Momo knew that another Thunder Fang could be the end, "Finn! Dodge and Water Gun!" Finn, hearing his trainer's cry, jumped back and dodge to the best he could, hoping to not get bit as he started to charge a Water Gun. However, the paralysis appeared at the wrong time and caused Finn to stop and flinch, giving Poochyena the chance to execute his move. Finn cried out in pain, wobbling a bit before flopping on his side, rendered unconscious.

The pink trainer could only watch, seconds passing, before reality hit her: she had lost...

"Winner! Gym Leader Deidre!"

Spoiler:

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-8: Akurani City\Day 4/ {Evening}

Unsuspecting Call, a One-Way Exchange, and Josh?!

"Hello?"
    Momo stood outside the Pokemon Center, sitting on a bench as she waited for her pokemon to heal. She felt awful about the gym battle, but the words Deidre told her were swirling in her mind. Move her journey to Hoenn? She didn't know if she wanted to, her only family, her grandparents, were here in Kinyo. If she moved to another region, she would be even farther away and wouldn't be able to reach them compared to the time she stayed in Kinyo. Her thoughts were cut when she heard her Holotch ring, noticing it was a call instead of a message this time. She grabbed the device and accepted the call, putting it close to her ear, waiting until the other side replied to respond.

"Grandpa?" Momo blinked, she didn't expect her grandfather to call, nonetheless right after her gym battle. "I don't mean to be rude, but why are you calling?"

"I heard about your Gym Battle." The teen flinched at his words. "And what Deidre told you afterwards. Me and your grandmother have discussed and decided that it would be best if you follow the gym leader's advice."

"Grandpa?! You sure? But wouldn't that mean-?" "Yes, but you can't continue it here. You know why and the effect is happening much sooner than expected. The other teenagers from your class are being told the same thing and give the choice as well. Remember that your grandmother and I will always support you, but what you want to pursue is available elsewhere." At her grandfather's words, Momo looks down at the ground, not saying a word. "And don't worry about finding your parents, they could be in the most unexpected places."

"...Alright, i'll do it, but first…"

*Timeskip - 5: 00 pm*
    Momo stood in front of the Mart counter, looking over the items, deciding to buy something before she retired to her room for the day. She decides to buy two bottles of honey, just in case she'll need it in the future.

She took notice of the two pokeballs on her belt and sighed. After agreeing with their grandfather, she traded him Polly the Lillipup, hoping to give her grandparents more company after her decision goes through. He did tell her last time that he was returning to the task force, why not give him a pokemon to raise and train, he always loves to do it in the past. She missed Polly, but she had a feeling the puppy pokemon would benefit more with her grandfather than with her.
    She places the items in the bag after handing the clerk the money for the items and turns around to head to her rented room when her phone beeped, notifying her of an incoming message. "Isn't this…?"

*Scene Change*
    "Josh? What do you need?" Momo was confused, she was messaged by Josh to meet him in the small square where the announcement was made a day ago. Although, she did have the itch to question him how he got her number, but saved the question for later.

"You already know! I came for a battle!" huffed the boy, glaring at the teen. Josh had brown hair and gray eyes, having three plasters on his face: one across his nose, and the leftover two on his cheeks, one each. He wears a navy blue v-collar t-shirt; a black and cream, sleeveless vest; blue jeans with black and white sneakers, and a pair of headphones around his neck. Around his jean's loops is a belt with two pokeballs attached.

"A battle…" Momo ponders, but she notices Josh's bandages and another detail. "Hey, how did you get my holotch number and where are your parents? Isn't it too late for you to be out alone?"
    Josh flusterst at the questions and grits his teeth, stomping his feet, "D-Doesn't matter! Let's just battle!"

"Are you sure?" "Yes i'm sure!" "...Positive?" "Stop asking and let's battle!" "Alright, but we have to ask the gym leader first for permission." "We'll just sneak in."

At the boy's words, Momo blinks, but before she could say a word, the child is already heading to the side of the building.

"Miss Deidre?" A voice spoke, earning Josh's attention. He was on his way to the back of the gym, but stopped before he got to the turn, looking back, only to gasp when he saw Momo talking to the gym leader a few feet away. She was just beside him, or he believed, how did she get so far and a person's attention so fast?! And is she seriously asking!

After a few seconds, Momo returns with a smile, holding a pair of keys in her collapsed hands. "She said we could use it! Since it's being demolished anyways, to go wild!"

*Scene change - Gym*
    Momo and Josh stood across from each other on the field, one side had a Snover and a Spearow, the other a Mudkip and a Pidgey. Before any orders could be issued, the Snover glowed a bit before swinging her arms outwards, expelling a gust of cold air. The cold air extends to the whole room and causes a hailstorm inside.

"Pidge! Sand Attack!" Pidge the Pidgey turned and used his feet to throw sand at the opponents: only Rover was affected however and said pokemon whined a bit, moving his hands to get the sand away.

"Leer Reaw!" Reaw the Spearow glared at Pidge and Finn the Mudkip, his eyes glowing a red aura, making the two feel a bit intimidated.

"Finn, use Water Gun!" "Rover, Powder Snow!"

Finn's cheeks puffed up, but before he could shoot, Snover put its hands in front of its body, a light blue light formed in front of her, sparkling blue powder was released from the glow towards the opposing side. Pidge cried in pain from the cold, pushed back from the force, but Finn kept his ground, gathering more water. Once the move ended, Finn opened his mouth and released a water gun, hitting Reaw in the face. Said pokemon let out it's own cry and recoiled back, shaking its body to get rid of the water stuck to his feathers.

The hail continued to rain down, hitting all the pokemon except for Rover, causing damage. Momo shivered a bit from the cold before hugging her jacket, looking over at Josh who was doing the same.

"Air Cutter!" Pidge took to the air and waved his wings in an 'X' like motion, a light blue 'X' shaped energy is emitted from the tip of his wings, slashing at Reaw and Rover. The slashes hit the ground around and said pokemon, causing dust to kick. After a few seconds, the dust cleared, revealing a standing Rover and staggering Reaw.

"Powder Snow again!" Rover did the same motions as before, thrusting more cold air at the duo. This time, however, Pidge flew out of the way while Finn jumped to the side, avoiding the frost.

"Ice Ball!" Finn opens his mouth and creates a ball of ice, the size of a tennis ball. After it's created he then launches it at Reaw, who's hit right on the chest. The spearow cries out as he plummets to the ground, fainting upon contact.

"Tch!" Josh brought out a pokeball and returned Reaw, glaring at Momo for fainting one of his pokemon so quickly. Finn created another ice ball, this one the size of a baseball while Pidge flapped above. "Rover, Powder Snow again!"

Rover let out an affirmative cry and posed, releasing the familiar gust of cold air. Finn jumped away to not disturb his 5-hit move in time, but as Pidge was flying away, Rover moved his hands as he continued to expel the move, following Pidge. After chasing for a few seconds the attack hit Pidge, causing the tiny bird to cry out, but it died out as he was frozen solid by the move's status condition. The block of ice plummeted to the ground, breaking the prison and revealing a fainted Pidge.

"Pidge!" Momo ran over to retrieve her pokemon, calling out to Finn on the way, "Ice Ball!"
    Finn fired the second ice ball, hitting Rover in the face. Said pokemon recoil from the pain, playing its hands over its face.

"Lea***e!" Rover moves her hands and releases multiple green leaves from her body. They start to spin in a tornado-like fashion and head towards Finn, who tried dodging by running around it, but the tornado moved and hit Finn, sucking him inside.

"Finn!" called Momo as she held Pidge in her arms, watching as the tornado dispersed, releasing Finn and causing the pokemon to fall to the ground.

"Perfect! Lea***e again!" Rover summoned another leaf tornado, heading straight for the downed Mudkip.

"Finn, avoid it!" Momo cried as she returned Pidge to his pokeball, watching worriedly as the tornado got closer and closer. Once the tornado was centimeters away, Finn used his jumping strength to jump to the side and away from the move as he summoned another ice ball. "Ice Ball!"
    The Mudkip threw the Volleyball-sized ice ball, this time hitting Rover in the chest. Rover cried out as she stumbled back before regaining her bearings, but was shocked to see Finn in front of her.

"Water Gun!" Finn generated water, the Mystic Water glowed and his body as well, his hp was low, his ability reacted. Instantly, he expelled the water, earning much more power than normal thanks to his ability Torrent, powering up his water moves when he is close to fainting. The powered-up water move hit Rover in the face, causing the pokemon to fall back and let out one last cry before fainting, exhaustion taking over.

"Again?!" snapped Josh as Momo kneeled down, grabbing Finn, who ran over, and hugged the critter.

"Are you alright? That Lea***e did a number on you." faltered Momo, looking over Finn, but the mudfish pokemon chirped happily. "At least we managed to win, huh?"

"No fair! I haven't lost yet!" objected Josh, bringing out a great ball after returning Rover. "Come out, Elk!" The ball opened, revealing an Elekid. However, the Elekid didn't look happy in the slightest, and the aura it radiated showed how strong it was.

"Oh no... " Momo was shook, Josh wasn't strong enough, trainer wise, to handle the angry Elekid or command it in the slightest. For him to bring it out only means trouble, and since it's an electric type, it would give Finn a lot of trouble! She slowly moved over to where Josh is as Finn moved to her shoulder, eyeing the electric pokemon warily.

"Alright El- H-Hey! What are you doing?!" squawked Josh as Momo grabbed his shoulders and moved him backwards with her, keeping the Elekid a few feet away.

"Josh, if he's your dad's he's strong, but you are not strong enough as a trainer to command him nor did you gain his respect! You never met him before, vice versa, and you expect him to obey you right away?"

"Well, yeah. He's my dad's pokemon, doesn't that mean they have to listen to my commands too?"

"No! It's different per person! You have to-!"

A cry from the Elekid gained their attention, turning towards said pokemon, only to flinch back at the glare it was emitting. Momo noticed, however, that the pokemon was glaring more at Josh than her. Did it hear what he said and got angry?!

Spoiler:

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-9: Akurani City\Day 4/ {Evening}

The Rampage! A Surprising Evolution and Intervention?!

Momo stared at the angry Elekid before turning to the child. "Josh… is that your parent's pokemon?"

"Yep! It belonged to my father, left it behind for me, but my mom didn't hand it over, not liking the reminder of dad around after he left her and wouldn't let dad take me with him!" Josh boasted, unaware of the angry aura around the electric pokemon. "I wanted to use him to win against you! Dad's pokemon are all strong, although Elekid is the weakest among them. And he gets angry too much."

"Josh… please don't insult the angry pokemon." Momo noticed the pokemon's angry expression, allowing Finn to jump down, but she used a potion and oran berry to heal him before allowing him to battle further. "You're making him angrier!"

"But it's true." "Just… don't."
    Elk the Elekid let out another cry, yellow sparks appear around Elekid's horns as the electric pokemon spins his arms.

"Elk! Stop! I didn't give you command yet!" blurted Josh, but the Elekid growled as he gathered more electricity. "Hey! Stop!"

"Josh, don't! You're making him more angry! It won't work!" Momo interrupted, pushing Josh behind her as Finn stood in front of her. "He's too strong for you and clouded by anger, think before you speak!" "I-I know t-that!"

Elk snapped, releasing a yellow electric blast towards them, Josh staring horrified.

"Run!" Momo grabbed Josh's wrist and pulled him with her, running to the side as Finn jumped to the other, dodging the blast. "We have to stop him before he causes too much damage! Finn!"
    Finn chirped before turning to the electric pokemon, the latter only growled, charging another Thunder Shock. Finn puffed his cheeks and blasted a water gun towards him, nailing him in the face. Elk cried out in pain and frustration, breaking his focus as the sparks vanished. Finn ran towards the pokemon as he charged, stopping right in front, turning and slapping his hind feet on the ground, hurling a wave of mud from the ground at Elk. The latter cried out and stumbled back, using its hands to swipe away the mud from its eyes since the attack was very close and got mud all over his front.

As Elk and Finn fought, Momo and Josh moved away and towards the far wall, slowly moving towards the door to get Josh away. However, Elk seemed to notice and let out a cry before releasing a Thunder Shock, but in front of Momo and Josh. The former hugged the child in a protective hold as the attack hit, the force of the attack pushing them to the ground. Momo turned so she took the brute of the fall, grunting and flinched when she tried to move.

"Josh, you alright?" Momo questioned as she sat up, the child following her lead, but was shaking from fear.

"H-He… tried t-to…." Josh stuttered, unshed tears brimming his eyes. Momo hugged the child before turning to the battle, her eyes going wide when she saw Finn get struck by a Thunder Shock.

"Finn!" At the voice of his master, the mudfish pokemon slowly stood, pain coursing through his body, and turned his head, seeing her with the young child in her arms. "Water Gun!" Finn puffed his cheeks before firing, hitting Elk, who was charging up another Thunder Shock. The electric pokemon growled and narrowed his eyes, snapping towards Finn, his body glowed white light.

"Dodge!" Finn got ready to jump, but Elk swiftly ran at him and was in front of him suddenly, shocking the mudfish. Elk slammed his body to the smaller pokemon, sending him crashing to the opposite wall, "Finn!" Said pokemon grunted before forcing himself out of the crater, only to see Elk in front of him with a leg out, ready to swing. Finn quickly puffed his cheeks and let loose a water gun, pushing Elk back a few feet.

"H-How… is he… s-still standing…" stuttered Josh, watching as Finn stumbled in front of them, glaring at the Elekid, who regained his bearings and glared back. An orb of yellow electricity forms in between his horns, causing Momo to gasp.

"That's Charge Beam!" she cried, the electric pokemon released, firing a massive beam of electricity from the orb at the trio. She pushed Josh's head down and moved her's as well, Finn layed down, the beam hit the wall a bit away from them, causing big damage. The Elekid charged another, ready to fire.

"Finn, use Ice Ball!" Finn created an ice ball, the smallest size, and fired, hitting Elk on the back, who was turned. The electric pokemon snapped around and fired, this time hitting the ceiling. "Can he not control the power?"

Finn created another ice ball and fired, hitting his chest this time, but the electric pokemon narrowed his eyes and let loose a Thunder Shock, hitting Finn dead on. The mudfish cried out in pain before collapsing, panting and exhausted. He then flinched when streaks of electricity appeared, revealing the paralyzed status.

"Finn! Move!" Momo cried as Elk charged another beam, aiming straight at her pokemon. She moved Josh behind her and stood, running towards the mudfish, who was a few feet away. As she got closer, she saw the Elekid release a beam, causing her eyes to widen in horror and fear, but for her pokemon. She grabbed him and jumped, the beam nicking her ankle and causing the girl to flinch, biting her lip to prevent the cry of pain to escape her throat. Elekid roared before letting loose another beam, hitting the wall opposite of them.

"Finn, are you alright?" Momo held the pokemon close, looking over and saw how exhausted and injured he was. Fighting an angry and powerful electric type isn't a good match-up for Finn, especially right after a battle too. She felt her neck was light and looked down, gasping when she didn't see her pendant. But before she could look around for it, she turned to check on Josh, only to see Elekid running towards the boy. "Oh no, Josh!" She held Finn with one arm and used her leg strength to jump in front of the boy, placing an arm in front of them and blocking the Low Kick, injuring herself.

"M-Momo!" stumbled Josh, leaning on her back as he saw Elekid jump back, charging a Thunder Shock.

"Finn, another Ice Ball!" Momo ordered, said pokemon opened his eyes and jumped in front of the two, creating an ice ball the size of a volleyball and hurled it, hitting the electric pokemon in the face.

As Finn was creating a fourth one, Elekid fired the beam, but due to its lack of control, it hit the wall a few feet from them, damaging the gym further. Firing his fourth Ice Ball, it hit Elk's horns, causing said pokemon to glare and roar, charging a beam full of anger. Finn charged his last ball, the size of a Basketball, and fired, however, the Elekid grabbed the ball and hurled it back, aiming for the humans behind the mudfish.

Momo watched as the ice ball got closer and closer, but before it could connect, Finn jumped and caught it using his head and front paws, landing wobbly on his back paws. Before Momo could smile, she saw a Charge Beam heading towards them, widening her eyes. She quickly huddled over Josh, opting to take the brute of the damage, but what she didn't expect is for Finn to start glowing, but before she could look into it more, the Charge Beam hit.

An explosion erupted where the beam hit, causing dust and particles to fly around, Elekid watching closely, before widening his eyes when a bright glow emitted from the debris.

Momo was awed as she watched the Charge Beam get absorbed into the glowing Finn, his form started to change: taller, staging on two feet, longer arms and legs, longer fins, everything was upgraded! The glow vanished, revealing an aqua blue pokemon with orange cheeks similar to Mudkip's, his head fin became shorter and changed color, along with his back fin, separating in two. Finn's new form chirped, sounding deeper than before.

"F-Finn?" stuttered Momo, said pokemon turning around and chirped happily, the ice ball in between its hands was protected by the evolution's light. Finn noticed the object and used his newfound strength to crush it, then looked towards Elekid, narrowing his eyes. Before she could say anything, Finn's cheeks puffed before he expelled a water gun, pushing Elekid back with much more force than before!

Elk crashed into the wall, crying out before snarling, forcing itself off the small wall crater and charging a Thunder Shock.

"Finn! Dodge!" Momo cried, remembering how Finn was damaged badly by the move. Strangely, Finn turned and chirped at Momo before turning back and allowing the electricity to hit him, but there didn't seem to be any damage done. Everyone stared, confused, before Elk fired another shock, but the result was the same. "What is…" Momo looked down, remembered her GoPro Pokedex, and quickly took it out, having it face Finn. The GoPro turned on and scanned the newly evolved Finn, showing a small hologram of said pokemon as stats appeared.

"Marshtomp. The Mudfish Pokemon. It's toughened hind legs enable it to stand upright. Because it weakens if its skin dries out, it replenishes fluids by playing in the mud. It is a Water/Ground type." As the GoPro finished it's analysis, Momo took in one particular detail.

"Wait, he's part ground? Doesn't that mean…" Momo turned to the battle, understanding why Finn isn't taking damage from Elk's attacks. "...he's part ground, so he's immune to electric attacks."
    Elekid snapped, jumping towards Finn and used Low Kick, as Finn raised his arms to block the attacks. The electric pokemon kicked again and again, now that it's electric attacks won't work, it still has other moves to use!

"Momo, why is he glowing?" "Glowing?" Momo looked at Finn's body and noticed what Josh saw, the mudfish's pokemon was outlined in red as he blocked and endured the Low Kicks. "He's using Bide!"

After a few more Low Kicks, Elekid stopped and jumped back, putting a few feet between the mudfish and the electric pokemon. He panted, but then noticed the red outline around Finn. The outline then brightened, causing Finn's body to glow and he opened his mouth, releasing a white beam. The beam shot towards Elekid, a horrified look portrayed on his face before the beam hit, causing an explosion.

Finn stood tall, making sure nothing harmed the two humans behind it as debris and dust flew around. After a few minutes, everything settled.

Momo sat up and took a glance in the Elekid's direction, only to gasp when she saw said pokemon laying on the ground, seemingly fainted. "Finn… you did it! You managed to stop him!" The pink-haired trainer engulfed Finn in a hug after Josh moved to sit beside the girl, watching as she cuddled and praised the mudfish, who chirped happily and snuggled into her embrace. He looked down guilty, but flinched when he heard footsteps. Turning around, his eyes widened-horrified as he watched Elk standing, stumbling slightly, as he charged a Charge Beam. Momo stopped her cheering and turned in the same direction, seeing light, and had the same expression as the child, while Finn moved to stand in front of the two, ready to defend them again, despite his injuries. Before Elk could release the beam, however…

"Drill Peck!" Three heads appeared in front of Elk, their beaks spinning like drills, and thrust their beaks down, striking the electric pokemon.

Elekid cried out as he fell backwards, fainting the moment his back touched the ground. He was exhausted from the battle, but his anger clouded his senses, the powerful attack from a strong pokemon brought back the pain, causing him to faint.

"Drill Peck?" questioned Josh, staring at the three heads, then the rest of the body that stood in front of them.

"Dodo! So does that mean-?!" Momo stood up, but before she could finish, a familiar man appeared at the entrance of the gym, taking all the damage and the teen and child's condition.

"Momo! I never thought It was you here, I imagined it was just a random pokemon rampaging! Does this pokemon belong to you?" Mr Kuso asked, motioning to the fainted Elekid.

"Elekid? Oh no, he belongs to Josh's parents." briefed the girl, the boy himself moving to stand beside the teen.

"I see… Well, be careful next time, this one seems to have some deep anger issues." Kuso looked around the gym and then at the teen. "How about you let me handle this, Momo, and o rest? You have a big day tomorrow, don't you?"

"A big day?" Momo pondered before remembering and smiled, nodding her head. "Oh yeah! But, are you sure?" She looked between Mr. Kuso, Josh, and Elekid, wondering how the situation will go.

"No worries! I'll take the kid home along with his parents pokemon! I'll handle the gym's contention!"
    As Momo left the gym, Mr. Kuso walked towards the Elekid with the pokeball the child, Josh, gave him. Halfway, he stopped when he noticed a broken pendant on the floor, realizing it was Momo's.

Congratulations! Finn the Mudkip Evolved into Marshtomp!
    250px-May_Marshtomp_ORAS_Trailer.png

Spoiler:

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Day: Four || Time: Afternoon

Battle within Dusk

As Kira entered the building it became clear why it's been mostly vacant, Crumbling walls and broken windows ruled the gym's aesthetic, whether intentional or not Kira didn't have the heart to ask. As she walked further in the floorboards tended to creak, Less in the creepy horror way and more in a "I should probably get out of here before the roof collapses" kind of way.

Normally she'd be hesitant to even step through the doorway of such a place, however Kira was resolute. These were the first steps she had to take to fulfill her dream and she wasn't about to let a few water stained walls scare her off.

As she entered the main room of the building it seemed to be dimly lit, ready for her arrival. In the gallery she could see Jason who seemed rather uncomfortable with the state of the building and Roxanne who conversely seemed fine, perhaps the decrepit state of the building was intentional? On the floor was a ring outlined with faded white paint and across from that, Deidre.

"So, the first of you all finally show up. I told that kid eight AM, it's nearly noon." Deidre said in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry, I had something I had to take care of before I headed out here." Kira explained, her nerves beginning to rise.

"I take it that means you're ready then." Deidre asked.

"No, I'm not. However I don't really have a choice now do I?" Kira said matter in factly, throwing a question right back.

"Well, technically you do ya smartass. But good on you for coming anyway." Deidre retorted with a bit of a smirk. "The fight will be a two vs two, I don't have a starter so I'll be setting a timer for one minute. When it goes off, we start."

Kira nodded as Deidre began the timer. reaching for her pocket, she pulled out a standard looking ball and threw it. "Alright lets give this a shot!" she shouted as Azure appeared from the ball, much to the confusion of Kira.

"Did I..." Kira muttered to herself checking the other ball in her pocket, Azure looking back at her with an uncharacteristically sly grin. As she pulled out Azure's usual light blue ball she paused for just a moment before realizing what's happening. Smiling, she looked back up at Deidre "So twenty more seconds then, right?"

"That's what it says... Oh, and feel free to be as rough as you like. To be honest It'd be rather cathartic for me to see this place torn up a bit." Deidre said flatly. Sending out a small, black bird pokemon.

Kira nodded as the timer counted down it's last few seconds. "5... 4... 3... 2... 1... FWEEEEEEET"

"Murkrow, Aerial ace!" Deidre shouted, wasting no time.

"Azure, wait for them to get close and strike on my mark!" Kira shouted to Azure who gave an understanding nod before taking as much of a stance as a landbound seal can.

The murkrow perched itself on a loose board on the Ceiling before darting down at an impressive speed towards Azure, Swiftly closing the distance between the two of them.

"And... MARK!" Kira shouted out. With a fiery look in his eyes, Azure lifted one of his fins and tried to strike at the diving murkrow.

The Murkrow slammed right into Azure who in turn seemed to bat the bird on the head. Both were knocked back by the recoil of the head on collision... Yet Azure seemed to be gone. In his place a small black fox.

"I had a feeling that's what was going on..." Deidre said with a Wry smile. "They're a bit uncommon, but they can be found around here. Murkrow, Wing attack!"

"Nyx! Don't her Psyche you out! Just do the same as before!" Kira called out.

Brushing herself off from the collision, Nyx took an alert stance as the murkrow charged at her once again, this time mostly parallel to the ground as it charged. Once again they collided, wing for claw. In the end, as the Murkrow looked worn down Nyx couldn't take anymore and fell prone, completely exhausted.

Kira sighed as she returned Nyx to her ball. "You did better than I thought Nyx, I'm proud of you." Reaching into her pocket she pulled out the light, aqua blue ball. "Alright Azure, Your turn!" Kira called out, letting the ball fly.

Azure gave a cheerful cry as he emerged, the slightly too big rocky helmet from Roxanne mildly obscuring his vision.

"Huh, it's been awhile since I've seen that trick. Maybe you got some advice from an old fan of mine." Deidre taunted, looking out towards the gallery as Roxanne timidly avoided eye contact.

"Alright Azure, We're in it for the long haul. Keep steady and use Aqua Ring!" Kira called out, Azure happily obliged and evoked a few rings of water around himself as once again the Murkrow charged. "Keep your head down Azure!" Kira called out. As the Murkrow collided with Azure, it was abundantly clear it did more harm to itself against the solid helmet than it did to Azure as it tumbled across the floor, unable to fight any longer.

"I don't have too much patience for that defensive play of yours." Deidre said as she returned the Murkrow to its ball. Shortly after retrieving a new one. "Rip that helmet to shreds Mightyena!" Deidre commanded as the pokemon appeared with a dark growl. "Thunder Fang!"

"Azure! Tuck into that helmet further with defense curl!" Kira called out. Azure, a bit intimidated by the larger pokemon quickly did so.

The larger wolf like pokemon quickly charged forward, Its mouth violently sparking as it bares its fangs. As it bit into the helmet Azure was hiding beneath, electricity scattered across its surface, strikning Azure as it made its way to the ground.

Azure grunted but seemingly managed to shrug off the attack. "Alright Azure! Use Brine!" Kira called out. Trying to comply however, Azure couldn't manage to shake off the jitters of the last attack before the hound came in for seconds, sending that same electricity scattered across the helmet's rocky surface, and through Azure.

"Azure!" Kira cried as Azure yelped in pain. The Mightyena, while unhappily gritting its teeth from biting into the same hard object twice in a row, seemed to be doing far better than Azure was.

Kira quickly wracked her brain for any way out of this situation. Azure didn't stand a chance if he couldn't react fast enough to fight back, yet there was nothing in his move set that could really act as an ace in the hole. Aqua ring was helping him keep on his feet but he clearly only had a hit or two left in him before they lost.

"Mightyena, one more. Go for the finish!" Deidre called out, The wolf like pokemon one more baring its fangs as it went in.

"Azure..." Kira called, hesitating for just a moment. "Roll... Roll under Mightyena then wait on my mark!" Azure, mustering what little strength he had, prepared himself for Kira's last gambit. By sheer miracle, Azure managed to shake his jitters for long enough as Mightena approached and managed to trip up the charging hound, rolling right into it's personal space.

"Aim straight up and use Brine! Hit the ceiling!" Kira called out, praying her stupid idea manages to work. With one last cry, Azure sends a powerful stream of water directly up, striking the old, dilapidated ceiling.

The effect was immediate, as the salty stream of water hit the ceiling several large snaps could be heard. Tumbling down came a large amount of boards, metal and other debris toppling on top of the confused hound and the seal hiding beneath it. With a loud, panicked bark the both of them were buried.

Kira couldn't help but gasp as the debris buried the two of them. One part in concern for Azure, in another sheer disbelief that her plan seemed to work. Even Deidre seemed somewhat stunned at what just happened.

The pile of rubble was still ominously still for just a moment before it began to move. Shards of wood and large bits of metal from what used to be the ceiling began to shift around before the Mightyena emerged from the pile. As it limped back over towards Deidre it revealed Azure, knocked out at the bottom of the pile. While he was shielded from most of it, it seemed the collision took the last little bit he had left out of him.

Kira gave a bit of a relieved sigh as Azure seemed fine for the most part. Somberly, she returned him to his ball before turning to confront Deidre.

"God Damn kid…" Deidre began with an exhausted tone. "When I said I was annoyed by that defensive style you didn't have to go and slam down the other end of the scale like that. What would you have done if the entire thing collapsed?"

"I dunno honestly. I just figured you wouldn't have asked me to tear the place up a bit if you didn't think it could handle it." Kira said bluntly, yet with a somber tone.

"Fair enough…" Deidre replied, her arms crossed.

"Yeah… Well, I guess I'll see you in Vinylace then. I promise I won't try to pull the same thing there…" Kira said with a sigh. Disappointed that she lost, yet not entirely unhappy with the battle.

"Are you an idiot?" Deidre asked mockingly, snapping kira out of her somber state. "Cause only a complete dumbass would follow me there."

"Are you implying I should give up? After four days? Do you know how long I went to school for this!? I almost beat you!" Kira replied shocked, her tone rapidly rising as she spoke.

"Can you not read the writing on the wall? There's nothing there for you in Vinylace! It's all a waste of time!" Deidre scolded.

"Spare me, If I wanted to hear that nonsense I'd just call my mom. I worked my ass off for this license, I'm not going to give up after half a damn week!" Kira shouted.

"Let me talk you idiot!" Deidre shouted, startling Kira just a bit. "I looked into the dock schedule last night after that kid found me. Tomorrow morning there's a ferry that leads to Slateport city in Hoenn… If you want to get anywhere with that license of yours, take that ferry."

"H-Hoenn…" Kira stammered. "Part of why I started all this is so I could participate in the League here… In my hometown."

"Hope you got some spare cash then, cause you'll be funding it yourself. Otherwise, if you want to have any success as a trainer, you need to go to Hoenn. Maybe prove that mommy of yours wrong while you're at it." Deidre said with a mocking smile.

"I'm…" Kira began before letting out a heavy sigh. "You're right…"

"Good girl, you're not as dumb as you look."

"I'll check tonight, I don't have a ton of money but my dad works the ferries, maybe I can mention his name for a free ticket or something…" Kira said in a defeated tone.

"Don't bother, I already got you a ticket. Just mention your name and they should have it on record."

"T-Thanks…" Kira said somberly once more, tears beginning to run down her cheeks.

"It's not a problem. However…" Deidre began, pausing for a brief moment in her sentence. "If you want to make up to me, then kick ass over there. You can't really accomplish much from here but if word got out that a Kinyo native was tearing her way through the Hoenn league, maybe things might get a bit better here."

Kira merely nodden, giving her best attempt at a smile to Deidre.

"Either way, work with that Zorua of yours, she needs the work more. The spheal was a bit wet behind the ears but he managed to get my Mightyena limping, not bad for a newbie but remember, you need to win your battles. Not just come close." Deidre said, offering her hand out.

"Yeah, will do." Kira meekly replied, reaching out as well to shake her hand.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 17
    A Shred of Hope

"Oh boy, that was certainly something." Arthur mused with a lack of enthusiasm.

"Shall we finish this?"

Arthur's face froze as he saw Alice's expression when she started to speak, it's been a while since he faced Alice that he forgot how scary it was when Alice gets serious. Alice was always serious when she battled, she had eased up a bit after she spent some time in the academy. But when the stakes were high, it was always there. Arthur took a deep breath to steel himself before throwing out Braveheart's Pokeball towards the field once more.

"You're really scary sometimes... If you stopped showing that scary face and smiled more in front of others you wouldn't be called 'The Witch' you know" Arthur wryly smiled as she saw her expression.

"Eh, what? Did I do something wrong?" Alice's expression softened as she realized that Arthur was talking to her. She was so focused on the battle to realize what he was talking about.

Feeling playful, Arthur used his fingers to pull the corners of his mouth to make a smiling face, causing Alice to blush as she realized what was going on.

"Well, I guess you're right though... There's no escaping this battle, so at least we can make it end quicker. Braveheart!" Arthur yelled at his Pokemon, which nodded immediately. "Shall we?" Arthur smiled towards Alice who already composed herself.

Alice nodded without a word and returned to her game face unknowingly even after Arthur already told her without it. "Flamethrower!"

"Dodge then Zen Headbutt!" Braveheart barely dodged it's nemesis' burst of flame spouted from his mouth. Before it tried to strike with its head which was covered in purple energy.

"Lower your altitude, Flamethrower again!" Alice quickly ordered her Larvesta to duck and avoid the attack, which was attempted successfully. Sol then unleashed another powerful stream of fire from its mouth.

The attack was evaded once more by Braveheart that was already familiar with the attack pattern of the Torch Pokemon. The battle quickly devolved into a dog fight, where they both trade attacks without hitting each other, after several failed attempts to modify their position to land a hit, Alice decided she had enough.

"Sol, Flame Charge!" Sol enveloped its body with flames before it redirected the flames from its horn to make itself charge faster towards the Iron Ball Pokemon.

"Retaliate with Psycho Crusher!"

Braveheart rotated its body like a drill as fast as it could while simultaneously charging psychic energy on the tip of its head, the attacks met midway as both sides didn't want to give in to each other. The clash ended up with an explosion as both Pokemon get thrown before both stabilized themselves once more in the air.

"Boy, that was rough…" Arthur looked at the state of his Pokemon, it's not looking good so far with it being battered too much for his liking. But at least, he managed to put some meaningful damage on Alice's Larvesta, so now it was just a matter of exploiting those damage to his advantage, or so he thought.

"Morning Sun!" The Torch Pokemon's body emitted white light, the body shone brightly as he used the power of the sun to heal its damaged body.

Arthur sighed as he fell even further to the pit of despair, even if this continues the result had been sealed. There's no way he could beat Alice at this state… Not with this type disadvantage, not with Alice's Larvesta, not when Alice is this serious, not with all of thi…

"Dum!" Beldum buzzed towards its trainer, telling him to get his mind together. It immediately levitated once more by mustering any ounce of energy it had left on its tank.

Braveheart… Mmm… I got it. Arthur genuinely smiled when he came to a realization. They were almost always facing crazy situations with the odds stacked against them, but no matter what happened they always managed to persevere and overcome those odds, it didn't matter what they face, not even Alice, they both will fight until the very end… Together.

"Are you okay?" Alice worriedly asked Arthur.

"Mmm… Wow, the fact that my distress could turn you back to human form is really something milady." Arthur joked around to reduce the tension around.

"W-what?" Alice was bewildered by the randomness of Arthur's answer.

"Nah... I'm fine really, thanks for asking." Arthur giggled, with a fresh face having the thoughts that had weighed heavily on him lifted from him by his trusty partner.

"Just… Don't push yourself, alright?"

"You know I would, hahaha!" Arthur let out a hearty laugh unlike usual, scaring his friend who was unsure if he already lost it. But she decided to finish the battle so she could ask him sooner.

"Well, this is it, Pal. As usual, it's not looking good for us… But, I trust you, Pal… As always, even if we can't win… Let's go out with a bang." Arthur grinned at his trusted partner, who replied with a happy buzz, but before they get back into the game something strange happened as Braveheart started to get enveloped by a white light of its own.

"Wait… No way…" Arthur started grinning as he slowly realized what was happening in front of his eyes.

Spoiler:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    375.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 18
    The Promised Second Wind

The shape of Braveheart constantly changed inside the white light, until the light subsided revealing that Braveheart had evolved into a Metang.

"Sweet! Now we have more chips at our disposal! Braveheart, Confusion!" Arthur immediately wasted no time to test the new moves Braveheart obtained with its evolution, thankfully he had already read about Beldum and its evolutions before departing for the journey.

Alice was bewildered by the sudden ranged attack the Iron Claw Pokemon now have at its disposal. The psychic energy pushed her Pokemon flying towards the sand. But she quickly composed herself. "Flamethrower!"

Sol used his entire body to muster a powerful burst of flame, which was even stronger than when he only used his mouth, but Braveheart managed to power through the attack.

"Zen Headbutt!" Braveheart retaliated with a devastating headbutt imbued with psychic power, sending the Larvesta crashing to the sands below, creating a huge crater.

"Bind him with String Shot!"

"Clear it with Confusion!"

The shot of the web from Sol's mouth was easily redirected with Confusion, causing the Iron Claw Pokemon to land safely beside the bewildered Torch Pokemon.

Not wasting a single moment of his second wind, Arthur decided to ride the momentum and intensified the assault. "Blind him!" Metang's arm shined in silver light as he used Metal Claw to chuck a huge quantity of beach sand towards Sol, causing the visibility of the Torch Pokemon to drop drastically.

"Retreat!" Larvesta immediately flew away upwards by using his horn, he was still in the state of shock because the Pokemon he used to bully back then suddenly become so powerful. As he pondered why he suddenly felt a powerful force striking him and destabilizing his ascent.

It was another Confusion from the Iron Claw Pokemon, Braveheart was determined to seal the deal, it understood how important it was for both itself and Arthur if it won. It decided to go all out, even with the damage it already sustained, it didn't want to have any more regrets.

"You're wide open, Psycho Crusher!" Metang put both of his arms backward as it twirled it to launch itself at an even faster pace than when it was still a Beldum. Alarming Alice who could sense how dangerous the move was.

"Morning Sun! Now!" She screamed desperately towards her Pokemon who was trying his best to gain a footing in the air. Larvesta barely heard what her trainer was saying and quickly used the move to heal itself, however as his body glowed white as he healed himself he immediately saw the Iron Claw Pokemon rushing towards him at high speed.

Sol ate the brunt of the powerful tackle, it launched him until he crashed once more on the sand this time causing a much larger portion of sand to fly everywhere.

Arthur pumped his fist, he finally had a definite chance to defeat Alice and he'll exactly do that. But his happiness didn't last long as it was dampened soon enough.

"Braveheart!" The Iron Claw Pokemon collapsed to the ground, as it barely held itself together. The damage it already sustained was a big factor, not to mention all the energy it had expended to beat Zangoose and now fighting Larvesta. Arthur gritted his teeth at the sight as he was unwilling to risk his partner's health but he didn't want to lose to Alice, either. He could only hope that Braveheart could finish Sol off before it collapsed.

On the other side of the field, however, Alice's face still showed a cool and calculating face as she tried to assess the best choices she had. It was admirable for Arthur to see her do that, but at the same time, he's still afraid no matter how many times he had seen her at that state.

The silence was broken soon enough as Alice immediately made up her mind. "Morning Sun!"

Darn it! How many more Morning Sun and Flamethrower that she could spam!? Arthur was pressured even more to seal the deal, but he knew that Braveheart was not in the condition to tank more hits, heck even one more hit was questionable. Knew that he had to be calm no matter what, he took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Sol, use String Shot now!" The Torch Pokemon shot another white string towards the Iron Claw Pokemon, this time it managed to restrict Braveheart's arms locking it in place.

Realizing that victory was almost impossible under the current circumstances, Arthur decided to do a final hurrah.

"Pull and strike forward, pin him with Zen Headbutt!"

"Flamethrower!"

Larvesta used all of its remaining might to fire off a powerful breath of flame to finish the Iron Claw Pokemon, however at the same time it melted away the webs holding the arms of the Iron Claw Pokemon. With the last ounce of strength it had, Braveheart used its arms to leap forward. Using its enormous weight to help, it dropped a powerful hammer-like Zen Headbutt on the Larvesta.

Arthur waited at the scene with bated breath, hoping that Braveheart would at least be able to take out the Torch Pokemon since it was what Braveheart was looking forward the most. But unfortunately, the reality was cruel to their efforts...

"Ta…" Sol slowly crawled his way from the crater. Signaling yet another victory for Alice.

"Yikes… That was horrible… Congrats, Alice you did very great." Arthur pulled Braveheart's Pokeball from his belt, returning The Iron Claw Pokemon back inside the safety of the ball.

"Thanks! But are you okay?"

"Of course, I'm better than ever. Also, I'm just joking about earlier. No matter how many times you beat me, a fluke is still a fluke." Arthur made a funny face while sticking out his tongue before running off with a laugh.

"You… How dare you!" Alice ran to chase him, but her skirt isn't helping at all to catch up with the young man as the distance between them continued to increase.

Arthur kept laughing as he managed to increase his distance, but deep inside he felt very horrible to keep a facade in front of his closest friend.

I know I'm supposed to be happy for her, she's my friend after all... But, it still hurts.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back