• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

• "Okay, so that button does this. So then what does this button do?" Graslan sat on a rock, holding out his Holotch while Rosa sat on his lap pointing at various buttons. Tara rested on his shoulder, watching her owner and battle partner discuss the strange device.

"Dew dew budew." Rosa looked up at Graslan then tapped a few more buttons with her bud, pulling up a list of wild pokémon in the area.

"Ah, so if I pressed this it would signal for another Hoppip?" Rosa nodded then hopped to the ground. Tara jump off Graslan's shoulder and floated down next to Rosa and the two started talking. As Graslan watched both his pokémon converse, he quietly pulled out his sketchbook and started drawing. The sight of his two grass types standing in front of the tall grass with various flowers scattered about just felt like an image that he needed to sketch.

"Hey flower boy, still wasting your time with drawing instead of training?!" Graslan put his pencil down as he heard that familiar voice call out to him. He sighed as he looked down at the unfinished picture before putting the book in his pocket.

"Hey Fletcher, still acting like you're better than everyone else?" He turned around to face the person. Still sitting down, Graslan pulled a sandwich out of his pocket and started eating, staring at the blue haired boy mocking him.

"It's not hard to be better than someone who just sits around instead of training." Fletcher laughed.

"Well, we already did some battling and got a new partner. So, I'd say that's a good start to our journey." Graslan spoke between bites as Rosa and Tara hopped in front of him. Fletcher looked down at the two pokémon and laughed.

"Seriously? You still think grass types are useful?" Fletcher whistled and a Fletchling flew down and landed on his shoulder.

"Flying types have significantly greater speed, versatility, and more secondary type coverage." The Fletchling puffed out its chest. "Not to mention higher intelligence."

Rosa shot a death glare at Fletcher and started to walk toward him but Tara grabbed her to hold her back.

"Grass types have more potential than you give them credit for." Graslan stood up.

"Really? Because they're food to my bird's food. How can any type weak to Bug be worth anything?"

His Fletchling pointed a wing at Rosa and ran it across its neck. Rosa's glare intensified and she pushed Tara back, causing the Hoppip to roll back. Rosa marched up and started kicking Fletcher in the shin, yelling at the bird resting on his shoulder. Fletcher looked down and laughed, pushing the baby pokémon back with his foot.

"Looks like the sprout wants to fight. Care to prove how 'glorious' your grass types are?" Fletcher bobbed his head while making air quotes.

Graslan looked down to Rosa who gave him a look of determination.

"Honestly, I don't want to waste my time fighting you. But I get the feeling there's no stopping her. So, I guess we'll battle." Rosa locked eyes with the Fletchling as Tara stood between the two trainers, looking back and forth concerned.

"Alright. Zephyros, go!" The Fletchling shot off of his trainer's shoulder and flew past Graslan, knocking the last of his sandwich to the ground. The gust of wind sent Tara tumbling back.

"Rosa, same strategy as earlier. If it worked on one flying type then surely it'll work on this one."

Rosa nodded and began twirling, throwing a ring of caltrops onto the field. Zephyros zipped down in a blur and knocked Rosa over.

"Rosa, use-"

"Aerial Ace!" Fletcher called out and his pokémon struck Rosa with the attack before Graslan could finish his command. Zephyros turned and flew down again and Rosa tried to dodge but couldn't move fast enough. She got launched over the spike ring, getting a spike stuck in her foot in the process.

Rosa shook the spike off and steadied herself, watching Zephyros' flight path and aiming a spike straight for him. She kicked spike after spike at the bird, but he dodged every attack before striking her with another Aerial Ace.

"Rosa, that's enough. Come back!" Graslan called out to his struggling pokémon.

Rosa turned to her training, breathing heavily as she shook her head before waddling back to the ring of spikes. Rosa prepared to kick another spike but changed her mind and stared straight up at Zephyros. As the bird came spiraling down, Rosa fired an Absorb beam straight at the bird's face. Though she was stealing her foe's energy to heal herself, her opponent overpowered her and Rosa collapsed to the ground after another strike from the flying pokémon. Graslan ran over to Rosa and knelt down, picking her up.

"Pfft, I told ya. Worthless." Fletcher whistled and Zephyros landed on his shoulder.

"Not worthless. Just at a tactical disadvantage." Graslan mumbled as he fumbled around for Rosa's pokéball. "Rosa barely even had a chance to attack."

"Gale Wings and Aerial Ace. Zephyros was specially bred by my uncle. He's-"

"A gym leader in Johto. Yes, I know. You wouldn't shut up about it the whole year we were roommates." Graslan stood, giving up on finding Rosa's poké ball and cradling her in his arms.

"If I were you, I'd dump that useless bulb at the pokécenter in Nashimity and find yourself something useful." Fletcher walked off, whistling for Zerphyros to take flight. The small bird looped by Graslan to knock Tara over before following his trainer.

"C'mon, let's get her to the center." Graslan reached his arm down to Tara, who floated up and climbed onto his shoulder.

"Fortunately we're not too far from town now." Graslan adjusted his hat before jogging to the big sign looming in the distance. I have no idea what that guy's problem is. Graslan thought to himself as he jogged down the path.

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Outshide of Nashimity Town || Team:
    latest

Day: One || Time: Afternoon

A short break

"Alright Azure! Once again! Freeze them in place!" Kyra cheerfully called out, pointing at several water balloons resting on the spokes of a nearby fence. Joyfully, Azure took a deep breath in before excitedly blowing a flurry of snow over the resting water balloons, slowly freezing the water inside of them as well as leaving the fence spokes icy.

"Alright! Now, without hitting the fence this time! Water Gun the balloons down!" With a happy bark, Azure let out a spiral of water from its mouth, knocking them down one by one. The first few he hit dead on however as he continued firing down the line he started missing, leaving a few scars in the fence whenever he aimed low. Eventually he treaded back with the stream of water and hit the ones he missed on the way back. Done with his work, Azure flopped around to face Kyra, looking for approval.

Kyra gave a bit of a sigh as Azure looked at her expectantly. "You must be getting tired. That was two more balloons than last time…" Azure gave a sad look as he heard the disappointment in Kira's tone. Feeling somewhat bad, Kira bent down and patted him on the head, "Let's just call it for now, you're not going to get any better while exhausted and I got a call to make anyway."

Making her way to one of the few remaining dry fence posts, Kira leaned back against it and pulled out her Holotch. Scrolling through her contacts, her thumb hovered over her father's name, her nerves getting to her somewhat. Letting out a deep breath she tapped the button.

After several rings, a gruff yet familiar voice picked up on the other line "Hello? Who is this?"

"Hey Dad, it's me." Kira explained in a not so thrilled tone.

"Kira, is that you? I didn't recognize the number, how was your graduation?"

"A bit lonely in all honesty." She said in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah, again I'm really sorry about that." He said rather sheepishly "I tried to make it but there was no way I was getting a week off of work for that."

"I just wish someone showed, at least like Neil or Evan. We both know there's no way mom would have come…"

"I promise you she would have come if she could have made it." He insisted "Have you talked to her yet?"

"No… Wasn't planning to in all honesty. Last thing I need to hear right now is her trying to convince me to come home."

"You should at the very least call her. She could surprise you know…"

"I'll consider it… Anyway, I mostly just called to let you know I'm fine. Made it just outside of Nashimity town a bit ago, just figured I'd update you."

"Well I do appreciate the updates. Let me know when you get into Highrose, I still gotta get you your graduation present you know."

Kira chuckled just a bit "Well, I look forward to it, talk to you later."

"Yeah, See ya kiddo."

Kira rolled her eyes a being called "kiddo" as she hung up. For just a moment she looked back down at her Holotch, her mom's number saved just below her dad's. Considering her father's words, she nearly decided to give her mom a call… before locking the device and stowing it away.

"Lets go into town bud. Wisteria mentioned meeting up with her at the lab and I'm starting to get hungry." Kira mentioned offhandedly to Azure, pushing herself away from her position against the wooden post. Azure gave a cheerful bark as the duo made their way into town.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png

Chapter 2 - 2
    A Tango for Two

"What pokemon are you? You look familiar…" Arthur racked up his brain for where did he saw this pokemon, until he remembered that the pokemon was very similar with red darumas he saw around the city.

Arthur pulled up his pokedex and found out that the pokemon dancing in front of him is Darumaka. "Darumaka. It's a fire-type eh. It doesn't look like much of a threat though.
    He decided to test the waters with Braveheart. "Braveheart, Take Down!" Beldum lunged at the dancing pokemon, which unfortunately reciprocated by a jump followed by a tackle from above by the Zen Charm Pokemon.

Darumaka then shake his head left and right, it appeared to be wincing in pain after tackling metal body of Braveheart before continue dancing. "Gah… Braveheart, Zen Headbutt."

Braveheart's head turned pink before he plunged himself forward toward the red pokemon, yet Darumaka skillfully dodged the attack while dancing, ending his successful attempt with a matador-like pose. He chuckled while Braveheart crashed to the ground. Arthur was trying hard to silence his laughter at the motion.

"This might be bad, but Darumaka doesn't seems so strong on his attacks. Braveheart, wait and counter-attack." Braveheart then waiting for the dancing pokemon to attack it, preparing to retaliate as brutal as possible if the red pokemon decided to strike.

Braveheart's strategy was initially met by confusion from the Darumaka but it eventually tried to strike the Beldum. "Aha this is it, Brave--" Arthur's enthusiasm was cut short by the Darumaka which jumped very high before rotating fast with fire already enveloping its body. "Abort! Abort! Get out of there now!" Braveheart who was yelled only managed to shift its position which thankfully managed to dodge most of the attack, causing it to barely graze Braveheart's body.

The impact from Darumaka's Flame Wheel was strong enough to break the rock in front of its collision course and caused a smoke that obstruct their view of the pokemon. "Okay, if that's how you want to play, then fine…" Arthur who was trying to grab Hunter's pokeball immediately stopped by a loud screech coming from Braveheart.

Braveheart seemed to insist that the Darumaka will only finished by it and it alone. "Fine then, I'll trust you. We'll have to do that dangerous tactic again though. Are you ready?" Braveheart was eager to beat the Zen Charm Pokemon, even with the type disadvantage.

Just a moment after Darumaka jumped out of the smoke trying to use Flame Wheel on the Iron Ball Pokemon once more. This time the body of Braveheart move left instead of dodging, then rapidly moved right while using Zen Headbutt facing the Flame Wheel head on. It was akin to a very powerful baseball swing.

The impact of both attacks canceled each other, although it sent Darumaka far away. Darumaka smiled at the attempt before finally realized it was flying towards the deep pond. The pond rippled violently at the impact, while the Zen Charm Pokemon was desperately try to keep itself afloat but to no avail.

"Shoot, this was not how i imagined this battle would end." Arthur removed his backpack, accessories, and shirt, then he dived straight into the 5 metres deep pond.

He managed to save Darumaka before it was too late. However it already tucked in both set of its limbs and the gaze of the Darumaka also slightly turned dim, which showed that Darumaka only have a slight energy left. "Damn it! We don't have time… Braveheart, guard my stuff please."

Arthur ran as fast as possible while hugging Darumaka, while rubbing its head in attempt to get the heat of the Zen Charm Pokemon back up. He eventually managed to reach the Pokemon Center even if he was left gasping for air.

"Nurse… Please… Its an emergency..." Arthur gave Darumaka in a rush to the nurse who immediately brought it to the emergency room. Arthur then returned to the park to grab all of his stuff and then returned to the center where he waited anxiously at the cafe to wait for the result. Suddenly, Nurse Joy came and brought the Darumaka with her. Apparently, Darumaka was safe from any danger.

"Good for you eh little guy, now you--" Suddenly Darumaka jumped from Nurse Joy's hands to Arthur's chest where it hugged him tightly.

"I think Darumaka already took a liking on you, you should consider bringing it on your journey," Said Nurse Joy, while giggling at the sight.

Arthur considered it slowly, until he finally asked Darumaka. "Do you want to join me on my journey?" Darumaka then nodded frantically, he then came down to the table and danced with full of vigor and joy.

"Now for your name… Hmm... How does Muchorin sounds?" Darumaka giggled at his new name, and danced once more, this time he end it with a spin continued a cool pose to finish his routine.

After changing his clothes with the spare clothes he had, Arthur then decided to wash his clothes that was dirtied by pond water at the laundromat. Apparently the laundromat was quite close to the Pokemon Center which means that Arthur could quickly clean his dirty clothes. He managed to operate the machine which means it was time to wait, which Arthur would love to do at Pokemon Center's Cafe. However, the newly named Muchorin apparently have other ideas and had instructed his trainer to follow him.

"Wait, this is the park from earlier. What are you doing Muchorin?"

The question was only met with giggles from Muchorin, which apparently have something to surprise its new friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Continued in part 2-3
    Burden of a Legacy

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • Luke Ygan / Pokemon: Oro the Deino / Day 1 / Dusk /Nashimity Town​
    Out of breath, Luke walked into Nashimity. It was near the night, and he had to find a place to stay, as he wasn't a big fan of camping. Luckily, there appeared to be a building by the cliff.
    "This must be Wisteria's lab, Oro. Hopefully she won't mind us sleeping here.." the trainer said to his Poke Ball. He wandered around for a bit, before finding a couch to sleep on. As he started to fall asleep he wondered about something: Where would he battle around here? He fought some wild Pokemon on the way but didn't bother catching them, but considering he was late to leave he didn't see many of his fellow classmates.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 2 - 3
    Dancing Supernova

Muchorin jumped into a bush and apparently enraged a Cherubi inside. Muchorin then ran over over to the other side, where a Skitty was napping at a bench and Muchorit hit the Skitty behind its head with full force. Both of them was pretty angry and decided to give Muchorin some punishment, It was facing two enemies, yet Muchorin still moved like it was full of joy.

"Why did you do that? Fine then, I guess we both don't have a choice but to fight." Arthur resigned to his fate of having to fight two pokemon at once, while Muchorin scurried away happily after enraging two pokemon at once.

Muchorin ran over to the Hoppip making it facing Muchorin head to head. Hoppip used tackle but it's body was used instead as a platform for Muchorin to step to, leaving it to crash against Skitty which was chasing Muchorin from behind. Muchorin then giggled and was wiggling its middle finger toward itself taunting at the two pokemon to bring their best shot.

"Come on Muchorin, don't make them more mad than they're supposed to be." Arthur was worried looking at the the angry pair. However Muchorin smiled at Arthur, pretty much signalling that it's going to be fine and now decided to take initiative on the fight.

This time, the Skitty lunged first at the Zen Charm Pokemon, while Hoppip floats and wait for an opportunity. Muchorin was confident about its chances and decided to confront Skitty in one-on-one battle, but Skitty was able to surprise it this time with a Fake Out sending out a shock wave that knocked Muchorin back. Hoppip which was waiting for an opportunity immediately lunged at Muchorin and do a Tackle, knocking it farther away to a bush nearby. But the Hoppip was far from done, it then quickly shot a red beam at the bush which absorbs only a little bit of Muchorin's energy due to Muchorin's type.

"Muchorin!" Arthur yelled at the bush, worried about his pokemon. To his relief, Muchorin did a somersault to exit the bush, immediately wiping off the dust from its mouth with its right hand.

"Let's do this together Muchorin," Arthur yelled. Muchorin nodded and then taunted both of them once more by doing another dance, which pissed both of the enemy pokemon even more. They managed to corner Muchorin against the wall, now they could finally have some retribution to the ruckus the Zen Charm Pokemon has caused, or so they thought.

"Muchorin, wall jump then Flame Wheel!" Muchorin used the wall as a platform to propel to jump higher, then it managed to hit the Flame Wheel directly on the top of Hoppip's head, instantly fainting it without any more resistance. Skitty who was now more agitated then ever decided to use Tackle against Muchorin, alas...

"Muchorin, Rollout now." Poor Skitty who was trying to tackle the Zen Charm Pokemon, instead was facing a full brunt of Rollout head-on, finally made it unable to continue fighting. Muchorin who was very happy it managed to take two pokemon alone, then spun a few times before then stopping the celebrations with a muscle flex pose even if it doesn't possess a chiseled figure.

Arthur laughed at his pokemon's antics and decided to pat it as a reward. However, Muchorin shakes its head and instead opened its arm, signalling to Arthur that it wanted a hug. "Geez, come here you little rascal." Arthur opened his arms hugging his newest team member with proud feelings.

After the hug was finished, Arthur then came to the museum where Gunther was waiting for him as the time already reached noon.

"Hello, Mr. Gunther? You there?" Arthur knocked the museum management office just next to the museum, however he didn't received any answers. He was going to go back to Mr. Gunther's house to search for him, but suddenly the door opened.

"Hi Arthur, sorry… I was preoccupied by something. Please, come in." Gunther opened the door to let Arthur come in.

They both walked through the corridors, Arthur could see bunch of paperwork on every desk on the rooms while people appeared to be busy either with phone calls or the paperwork job. "The administration had it rough, huh?" Arthur asked Mr. Gunther.

"No, no, no, it's usually not this busy. They had some new specimens coming so we have to finish some paperwork. It's going smoothly, but…" Mr. Gunther sighed while looking at what appeared to be a preservation tank of some sort. It was being tinkered by two staffs of the museum.

"That tank is supposed to be used for one of our specimen, but it doesn't seems to work. With the able technician out with a vacation and the fact that the exhibit wouldn't last very long outside that tank. It's a recipe for disaster…" Mr. Gunther appeared to be very unsettled at that fact.

Arthur who was looking closely at the tank, was a bit hesitant but then said to Mr. Gunther. "I don't know if I'll be able to fix it, but i think i could try…Maybe... I'll need the blueprint and instruction manual that came with it though… That and i don't think I have the tools needed for this so I'll have to borrow what you have here."

"R-Really!? Ok, I'll try to round up all the things you need. Please, help us." Mr. Gunther was elated at the Arthur's statement and immediately dispatched his two assistants to help gather things required to fix it.

After quite a while of tinkering and reading, Arthur had already pinpointed the issue. "Well… There apparently quite a lot of issue we're dealing with. So… The wiring needs fixing, the air regulator tube has some holes in it, and some electronic components of the tank has already gone kaput. I might be able to deal with the wiring and the components issue, but the tank i can't do anything with… Unless, Mr. Gunther you do have a plumber around here, no?"

"And why do you suddenly ask for a plumber?" Mr. Gunther was very confused at Arthur's remarks.

"I know this sounds weird, but the plumber should be able to fix the tube with a blowtorch. And i kind of need to rummage some of your unused machines for components," Arthur said while checking once more just in case of something else eluded his first observation.

"Sure, those machines is at the storage just back of this office, I'll retrieve the key first." Mr. Gunther went to his office to retrieve the storage key.

After quite a while spent in rummaging for components and waiting for the tube to arrive, Arthur managed to fix the entire machine.

"Wow, its working! Thanks Arthur, you're a lifesaver." Mr. Gunther shook Arthur's hand very hard as he was so happy that he managed to save the Museum from losing an important exhibit.

"Ahaha.. You shouldn't thank me too much Mr. Gunther, I only do some stopgap measures, you still have to order the new replacement parts and have the engineer take a look at the machine, just in case. I'm a hobbyist after all." Arthur tried to stop Mr. Gunther from being overexcited.

"No, no, no. It's still something worth praising about. You're George's grandson after all, i should've knew you could handle this issue without any problem, ahahaha."

Arthur only could muster a wry smile at Mr. Gunther's statement, the comparison with his grandfather now has clouded his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Continued in part 2-4
    The Burden of a Legacy

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 2 - 4
    Burden of a Legacy

"What it's 4 o'clock already!? Sorry, Mr. Gunther, I'm very late to deliver your package." Arthur didn't realize it was already 4 o'clock.

"It's okay, after all you've been helping me all of this time. Besides Kirk asked you to deliver it today without time specifics, no? Relax, you'll be fine… Oh, I'm almost forgot, here some pocket money for your journey." Mr. Gunther took out some Pokedollars out of his wallet.

"I couldn't possibly accept this Mr. Gunther, this is quite a lot of money. Besi-" Arthur's statement was cut off by Mr. Gunther.

"Shush, Arthur. You deserve it, not all people could fix that machine even if its a temporary fix. You could use the money to take your friends somewhere, or if you have a girlfriend you could even go on a date with that money." Mr. Gunther joked to ease Arthur from being too conscious, even if Mr. Gunther himself knew that the money he gave could even do more than that.

"Haha, unfortunately i don't have a girlfriend Mr. Gunther. But, I'll probably treat one of my friend on a meal together one day. Thank you for the money, I'll use it wisely." Arthur was very thankful at Mr. Gunther's gift.

After some time, Arthur then said his goodbyes to Mr. Gunther while carrying the specimen he was tasked to retrieve by Kirk. He walked until he reached the exit of Nashimity Town.

In his walk he still couldn't let go of the comparison with his grandfather. Now that he knew that his grandfather was a far greater man than he ever knew. The task he thought was like climbing a small mountain now feels like he had to climb Mt. Silver through the exterior walls.

"Well i should go now, it's almost dusk yet i'm still here. There's no use to ponder on stuff about my grandfather now...If only there was a way to go there faster." Arthur pondered on a method to there as quick as possible especially since he was worried that travelling around at night won't be that safe, until suddenly two of his pokeballs rumbled and from it came out Hunter and Braveheart.

It seemed on Arthur's eyes that both of this pokemon was worried about Arthur. Not to say Muchorin didn't worry, but Arthur thought Muchorin must be tired after the battle earlier before the noon. "Sorry you both, i think i made you two worry about me." However, when Arthur took a closer look at Hunter he seemed to feel that Hunter was also agitated.

"What's wrong, Hunter?" Arthur was trying to find out why Hunter was agitated only to be given cold shoulder. Braveheart was furious at Hunter's action, and demanded it to apologize to Arthur only to be taunted by Hunter. They both then participated in a dogfight-like fighting where Braveheart is chasing Hunter.

"Stop you two! We'll never manage to arrive at Mahono Town at this pace… Unless…" Arthur had a flash of inspiration while he was watching both of his pokemon fighting.

"Wait.. Wait… Braveheart, come here!" Braveheart stopped its chase of Hunter and went back to its trainer's side.

"Could i ride you? I know I'm heavy but it should be possible." Arthur asked his pokemon with a slight hesitation that could be heard on his voice.

Braveheart thankfully let Arthur rode it, Arthur then took Hunter and grabbed it with both hand as he was going to try how fast he could ride a Beldum. "So, Braveheart… Will you show me your power?"

Braveheart seemed to be proud at its trainer's trust in it and immediately bolt out as fast as it could right out of the gate.

"Whoa… This is so fast. We'll be there in no time now, thanks Braveheart." Now Arthur's attention turned into the still pouting Hunter on his embrace. Arthur was still confused on why Hunter was irritated, but as he got closer with Mahono Town. Arthur thought that from its action earlier, it must be eager to fight but couldn't vent it.

"Sorry Pal, i didn't know. I'll let you fight first next time, I promise." Arthur patted Hunter's head in an effort to cool it down, thankfully in the eyes of Arthur, Hunter managed to calm down after his actions.

The trio soon managed to reach Mahono Town soon enough. And they finally make their way to meet Kirk at his house. At the front of the house he decided to make both of his pokemon back to their pokeball so they can rest.

"Uncle Kirk, you're home?" Arthur said while knocking on the door of the house.

"Yupp, just open the door Arthur. My hands are currently occupied."

Arthur opened the house door, from inside aroma of various spices could be smelled, it was a familiar smell for Arthur. "I knew it was familiar, i can't believe the thing you're occupied with is your favorite instant curry."

"Can't help it, a man have to eat you know. My beautiful, sweet wife has few administration stuff to finish. So me as a faithful husband has to support her by not making her to worry about his scute lil' husband." Kirk quipped against Arthur.

"Whatever you say old man…" Arthur rolled his eyes at Kirk's remarks. "Here's your specimen, where do i put it?"

"Oh… Uh… Just put it on the shelf. I'll do the rest later after i finished my curry." Kirk was surprised at Arthur's quick shift to serious tone, he thought that there might be something plaguing Arthur's mind.

"Honestly… I… I want to talk about gramps." Arthur was unsure to ask Kirk or not. He was afraid that what Mr. Gunther said was only the tip of the iceberg, if that happened for Arthur then it would be nigh impossible to do.

"I see, that's why you look troubled. Well sit first kiddo, I'll tell you all i know about him."

Arthur then sat down while trying to suppress his anxiousness as much as possible. "Mr. Gunther said that gramps was even more stronger than the champion of Hoenn at the time. How powerful is he exactly?"

"Your grandfather, was a total pain as an opponent. Back then he whooped all of my team with his overpowered Metagross. Eventually i knew that he was maybe top 5, or even top 3 in the world. It made the pain of losing grew less but still its stings." Kirk wryly smile as he remembered his defeat.

Arthur gulped at Kirk's sentence top 10? Top 5? How the hell he supposed to surpass that? Even with the lack of trainers this days he was pretty sure that there was a lot more trainers that is stronger than him more than his fingers could count. It cause an expression of dread to show on Arthur's face that he might be biting more than what he can chew.

Kirk who saw this then instantly reacted. "Arthur, I'll just say this once. You'll never ever be like your grandfather."

Arthur was surprised at the statement. "W-what do you mean? Please tell me, Uncle…"

"Why did you become a trainer? It's to become the best is it not? However, being the best in pokemon training doesn't mean you have to be the at the utmost pinnacle. Everyone's different, me, your father, your grandfather. We all did our best and we are happy because of that. We're never become the man at the pinnacle of it but we still gained our happiness."

Arthur silently listened to Kirk's lecture. Kirk continued his speech.

"Listen kiddo, everyone has different goals and different circumstances surrounding them, and achieving that goal is more important for them than reaching the top. What's the use for being on the top if you forsaken your ideals? What's the use for being on the top if you cast away those you hold dear?"

The words of Kirk shook Arthur to the very core. Why did he even thought for one moment that he had to beat his grandfather no matter what? And even if he did, will he even be happy? Kirk's speech had lifted a lot of burden from Arthur's mind.

"Thanks a lot, Uncle…" Arthur thanked Kirk for his advice.

"Yeah, but no thanks for you though. What'll you going to compensate me now huh? My curry had gone cold all thanks to you, young lad." Kirk joked once more at Arthur.

Both of them immediately laughed and spent the rest of the time laughing while waiting for Ingrid. As soon as Ingrid came, they all went to Mahono Town Entrance to say their goodbyes of each other.

"Well I guess this is a goodbye. I didn't think I'll stay at Mr. Gunther's house for another day, but I'm thankful that I'll be able stay another day there thanks to you, uncle." Arthur appeared to be thankful at both of his foster parents, especially Kirk for his advice.

"Don't forget to call us sometimes dear, I'll be rooting for you from here," Ingrid said while smiling.

"Eh, it's no big deal… Listen, i know you'll probably hate my ramblings by now but I have a last advice to give to you. When you fight with all your might for something that worth giving your life into, then you shall attain your happiness. But for now, laugh, cry, and share everything with your loved ones including your pokemons, I'm sure you'll find your true path at the end of your journey." Kirk smiled widely encouraging Arthur to travel with all of his might.

"Thanks, I'll be off now… Really, I'll miss you both. See you both later." Arthur smiled while waving his hands at both of his foster parents who both reciprocated in kind.

Arthur then walked on his way back to Nashimity Town, before letting Hunter and Braveheart both to guard him from wild pokemon after some time has passed.

However, Braveheart was unhappy with its unfinished business with Hunter earlier in the day and appears to challenge Hunter for one more fight, in which Hunter appeared to be more than happy to oblige.

"Nope you both, we're definitely going back to Nashimity Town, and that's it. You both can battle tomorrow after we all re--" Arthur's statement was interrupted as Braveheart already lunged himself in high speed for a Take Down which was dodged by Hunter. It caused a severe shaking on a giant tree Braveheart landed on.

"DANG IT YOU BOTH! STO--" Suddenly a lot of loud squawking noises could be heard, alarming both Braveheart and surprisingly caused Hunter to perch on Arthur's shoulder. "Yikes, that's the Pidgeys... Don't worry, everything is under control, nothing could possibly be worse than this." Just as Arthur finished his bold statement, a louder squawk could be heard this time it appears to frighten Hunter. Arthur was pretty sure there's only one creature that could be with Pidgeys and had that certain cry, which is... A Pidgeotto.

"We're Screwed."

Continued in part 2-5
    F-Zero Gravity

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • There is an OST for this chapter part. Hope it suits well (Although i'm quite sure most of you who read this, would probably have listened to this before this chapter got moved)
    Spoiler:

Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 2 - 5
    F-Zero Gravity

"This is the worst, why the hell should a Pidgeotto be here. I can't just end my journey here because of this, now what the hell should i do?" Arthur was scrambling to find a way out of the horrible situation until he decided to do the most possible scenario he could think of. Arthur glanced at Braveheart and gave a signal to it, signalling that they have no choice but to do what they did earlier on their way to Mahono.

With the flock looked like it was ready to swarm them, it was no choice situation for all of them. It was now or never. "Braveheart, go now!" Arthur leaped to the back of his levitating partner while dragging Hunter in a rush immediately going straight to the Nashimity town. Beldum then sped up as much as he could, defying gravity like a car of a certain game franchise.

Obviously the flock wasn't too happy that the intruders that disturbed their sleep could get away scot-free so they all make haste and decides to hunt down Arthur and his entourage.

The silent and tranquil atmosphere of the forest was immediately broken, instead replaced by ear-deafening noise from the mix of angry bird chirps and powerful gust of airs.

"Race with haste Braveheart, otherwise we'll be bird food!" Arthur screamed as hard as possible, spurring Braveheart to fly even faster while dodging countless of branches and rocks hindering their progress. The birds wasn't pushovers though and matched the escapees speed with extreme tenacity, while their collective voices scared every other creatures in the forest allowing them to chase Arthur's party with full power.

"Come on, there should be something we could do..." Arthur racked his brain once more until he realized the fact that Hunter would be useful for something this once. He remembered he read once in a book that there's one reason that Hoothoot is harder to catch than Pidgey, it was because it is able to use the move Hypnosis. Arthur raised the fluffy body of Hunter and aimed it to the Pidgeys. "It's time for chicks to go to sleep... So... Drop Down!" Arthur screamed the last part in a shrill voice that even shocked Braveheart. "Raaaaaghhh!!!" Arthur screamed while lifting Hunter against the Pidgeotto's flock, shooting beams of Hypnosis while being in high speed. The hunters dodged nimbly at first, but not long after due to Arthur's tenacity aiming the 20 kg Hunter against the birds, three had already roosted. Now it's three on three. However the intensity of shooting already caused Hunter to be tired at the point, leaving Arthur with no choice but to stop the machine gun-like offense the party employed to ground the birds.

"Gah, Hunter's out of energy. With Muchorin also out of commission due to fatigue, you're now our only hope, Pal." Arthur now could only rely on Braveheart, which after hearing his Master's words now boosting up its speed. The future looks bright for the escapees as Nashimity Town wasn't so far away anymore, or so it seemed before the chasers decides to whips out gust of winds that hits in front of their adversaries creating a smoke screen of dust and small grasses which obstructs Braveheart's vision, it didn't knew that it was blindly charging to a big rock. "Bah! Zen Headbutt!"

Braveheart did exactly that glowing his head purple and smashing the rock. The resulted debris was sputtering around showering the pursuers that was closing in with sharp rock shards, not only delaying them but eventually caused one Pidgey to capitulate due to the damage it took, it was now 3 on 2.

The remaining pursuers wasn't so happy it took them quite a while to finish off the intruders, not to mention the casualties that the flock already sustained. It decided to use their full power in dealing with the group, and it shows when they managed to almost fully close the gap. Both chasers then dished out Wing Attack and Peck each in order to fell Arthur and his party which could only swerved slightly by Braveheart. "Come on pal, you can do this!" The scream from its master was enough for Braveheart to power through, its desire to protect burns through, and it decided if it finally had to fall down its after his master is safe. The gaps of trees at the forest was getting narrower and the exit was keep getting closer but the chasers was still tenaciously chasing not wanting the escapees to escape unscathed.

Then very suddenly, a Munchlax shows up with a very small distance between it and the suddenly realizing front party. "Oh no! Barrel Roll! Barrel Roll! Barrel Roll!" The voice of Arthur turn hoarser at this point and Braveheart managed to very narrowly escaped from a huge collision although it caused the party to violently rotated. The Pidgey, however doesn't manage to brake in time and crashed into Munchlax. It was one pokemon remaining from the chasers side, the mighty Pidgeotto.

The party managed to exit the forest first, finding Nashimity Town is just one more sharp turn at the front. However due to the fact that Braveheart was carrying twice it size and the exhaustion caused by the chase, the propulsion speed it started with now had dwindled significantly. "Good job Braveheart, now we could es--" Arthur's relieved expression when he saw the city suddenly turned gloom by a huge shadow looming above them. It was the Pidgeotto staring them menacingly from above, doing its last ditch effort to bring the party some pain. It used all of its might to use a Wing Attack that finally hits Braveheart, Braveheart spun out of control, launching the other two party members with Arthur landing back first on the city sign with Hunter still on its hand, while Braveheart itself tumbling down through the ground and finally fainting due to injuries and exhaustion it had endured.

The Pidgeotto was happy it able to exact revenge, but it still wanted more. So it came closer to the party, squawking loudly as a form of boast against Arthur that no one would be able to beat it. "Shut it Bird... You're disturbing my rest..." Arthur lifted Hunter one more time, raising the Owl Pokemon against the surprised Pidgeotto, who left itself wide open for one more Hypnosis from Hunter. With both its Pokemon terribly exhausted after the ordeal and the fact that his own back experienced a harsh pain due to the crash. Arthur slowly reached his backpack for a bottle of fresh water while eventually looking up at the beautiful night sky. He sighed and remarked.​

"Sigh... What did i do to deserve this?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Momoka Kuchiki & Arthur Weissmann

Entry 3-2: Nashimity Town \Day 1/{Night}

Discoveries and Recovering!
    The Start of a Friendship!

Momo walked towards Route 301 as she carried Finn in her arms and Pidge on her shoulder. 'We managed to finish training at Route 302, but the sun had already set and its getting darker every minute.' Momo looked up and saw the midnight black sky, some clouds wondering, and stars lighting up the empty sky, but not empty now. She looked down and stood near the entrance to Route 301 and looked around, noticing a teenage boy around her age leaning on the city sign, looking exhausted.

'What the? The hell happened?' Momo walked closer and Finn jumped from her arms and ran over to something nearby, Pidge jumping and flapping over to his comrade. She stood a few feet away and noticed the sleeping Pidgeotto in front of the male and when she moved sideways to look at the boy, she saw a Hoothoot in the male's arms sleeping and she noticed he had a water bottle in one hand which he looked to be drinking from it, while he viewed the night sky, almost as if he was deep in his own thoughts.

"Um...Ello, are you alright?" questioned Momo, walking over to stand beside the male, looking him over worriedly. 'He has a couple injuries and from his posture, his back could be in pain...' She looked up and saw the sign had some dirt on it, 'Wait, did he hit the sign?! But from the way he's positioned, he must have hit it with his back...'

"Hm? Oh... Sorry i was too focused on stargazing." Arthur moved his gaze at the girl, the girl was standing in front of him looking worried at the condition his party was in. The look actually concerned Arthur since he doesn't want anyone to know how bad his condition currently in, and he decided to continue on his trip to the PC. "Nah, don't worry I'm fi-." His bruised back suddenly ache, cutting his sentence in the process.

"Aah! Are you alright? Does your back hurt?" Momo didn't know what to do, she learned how to cook and handle small injuries, but big ones like this, she panicked. "Um...is it possible for you to stand up? We might need to see Nurse Joy and get that checked out." The female was about to try and grab his arm when she heard Finn's chirping from afar, followed by Pidge's aggressive squawking. She turned and saw the two lying on the ground along with a strange Pokemon in-between them, they were about 300-400 meters away from Momo and the boy so she could barely see them unless she squinted her eyes. "Finn, Pidge, and who is that?" She turned to the male, "Hey, do you have a Pokemon that happens to be heavy? No Offense."

"Haha, you don't have to be sorry. Yeah it's my partner Braveheart, we and Hunter here had some well... pretty rough time to say at least." Arthur then stood up carefully after putting Hunter back to its ball. "I should be fine if I walked carefully, so you don't have to worry too much." Said Arthur with a small smile, trying to reassure the girl. He then slowly walked up to Braveheart and then put it back in its ball. "Good job Pal, you deserve your well earned rest." Arthur then scanned the vicinity. "Well i would be really happy to rest now, but these birds shouldn't sleep here, it's not their natural habitat. Would you mind helping me out?"

"Oh, sure, but to be sure..." Momo walked over to the male and placed one of his arms around her shoulder. "You're back is injured, don't force yourself." She turned her head and saw Pidge flying over with Finn in his talons, waving his small feet as they approached. Once Pidge was in front of them, he let go of Finn, who landed on the ground and jumped over to Momo's side, looking at the male curiously. Pidge flew to her shoulder and landed, staring at the male. "So, do you want me to wake the Pidgeotto up?"

"Basically, yes. You should be able to wake it up easily with your Mudkip's Water Gun. I'll be hiding behind that sign though." Arthur pointed at the sign he crashed into earlier. "It would be a major issue if that Pidgeotto saw me."

"Alright, let's place you behind the sign first." Momo slowly led the male towards the sign and helped him to take a position behind it, taking his arm from her shoulder so he could hold the sign if needed. "Oh, yeah. My name is Momoka Kuchiki, I never did introduce myself." Momo looked over her shoulder and saw Finn. "Alright buddy, let's go wake up that Pidgeotto and send him off." The female walked around the sign and stood a few feet away from the sign and the Pidgeotto.

"Finn, water gun, but gently." Finn chirped before puffing up his cheeks, turned towards the Bird Pokemon and squirted a small dose of water, straight in the face, starling awake the Pidgeotto. The Bird Pokemon stood up, awoken from its slumber and eventually started to look around, as if it's looking for something. 'Could it be looking for the boy?' When it couldn't look for what it wanted, it turned towards the other occupants and squawked at them, it took a threatening step forward, glaring at the trainer and MudFish Pokemon.

"W-Wait! We don't want to fight! We just wanted to wake you up so you aren't sleeping out in the dark and in an open area!" The Pidgeotto stared at Momo for a few seconds before Pidge chirped and flew off from her shoulder, landing in front of its bigger evolution. He looked up and chirped, explaining the situation in their language, the Pidgeotto squawked back, but Pidge glared and jumped, squawking in his face before the Pidgeotto glared back, slowly lifting his wings. "W-Wait, Pidge!"

Before anything could happen, a shrill squawk rose from a nearby tree and a Pidgey jumped from said tree, landing beside Pidge. "A Pidgey? Wait, those bandages..." Momo noticed the bandages on the Pidgey and then heard more cries, followed by more Pidgey appearing, with their own Pidgeotto following. 'So the Pidgey is the one we helped back in Route 301 and Pidge's old companion.' She then looked towards the Pidgeotto that just appeared and noticed that his coloring was different that a normal Pigeotto's, his head crest wasn't reddish, but yellow. "Wait, is that a shiny?! And Pidge's old leader!? But we never did meet him..."

The shiny Pidgeotto walked in front of Pidge and Pidgey #2, glaring at the other Pidgeotto before squawking, pointing a wing back at the forest, his eyes narrowed. The normal Pidgeotto squawked and shook its head, about to flap its wings to fly away, its head turned towards the city. 'It must really want to get to the boy...' But as it jumped to fly, the shiny Pidgeotto used the same wing from before, that it pointed towards the forest, and coated it in a white glow before jumping and striking the other Pidgeotto in the head, knocking it down and on its stomach, earning a painful cry.

'T-That was Steel Wing!' Keeping the move out, the shiny Pidgeotto let out a shrill cry, pointing back at the forest. The normal Pidgeotto slowly got up and turned towards the forest, jumping before flapping and flying into the trees, his body language expressing his defeat. The shiny huffed, but Steel Wing was still out, it then turned towards the Pidgeys behind, who flinched at its piercing eyes, except for Pidgey #2, who wasn't there when the event occurred. The shiny pointed to the forest with the same wing and let out a shrill cry, causing the Pidgeys to let out their own, frightened, before flapping their wings and heading into the trees. The shiny's glare softened as Pidgey #2 walked over and chirped, then looked over to Momo and Pidge, causing the shiny to look over as well, its wing no longer glowing.

"Um... Thank you for the help, mister Pidgeotto, Pidgey." Momo thanked as Pidge flew back to her shoulder, the shiny now staring at her. It was staring at her, saying nothing before nodding and looking to Pidge, letting out a squawk and nodded again, looking proud. Pidge chirped back and puffed his chest, having the same look. Pidgey #2 squawked as well, using one of its wings carefully to wave at them.

The shiny turned one more time, this time, pointing at the sign. "The sign? What about it?" The shiny nodded before chirping and pointing again, bowing as it did so. "Why are you... oh! Are you apologizing for what the other Pidgeotto did? But it wasn't your fault!" The shiny Pidgeotto chirped as it stood straight, looking at the sign for a second before squawking and turning to fly away, Pidgey #2 standing in front of them.

Pidge jumped into her bag, starling the girl, and got out her Holotch, placing it in her hand. "Pidge, what are you doing?" The tiny bird Pokemon pointed at the device before pointing at his old leader, motioning back and forth. 'The holotch, Pidgeotto, and Pidgey... wait...' "Do you want me to get a picture of them?" Pidge nodded. Momo lifted the device and activated the camera before taking a picture, just as the Pidgeotto looked back at them, its wings out, hovering in the air as it had Pidgey #2 in its claws, about to leave. It chirped before flapping and flying away, into the trees and back home.

"Well... let's tell the boy the news I guess." she commented, holding the Holotch close as she slowly walked to the sign, Finn on her heels. `I can't believe I saw a shiny, and it was Pidge's old leader!' She rounded the sign and looked over to the male. "Um... its alright to come out, I bet you heard most of what happened."

"Yup, sure I did. I didn't believe that Pidgeotto is connected to the Pidgey you caught. Honestly, I think I owe it an apology. Maybe one day." Arthur smiled at Momo, then he removed his damaged cap. "Well I believe I haven't introduced myself either, my name is Arthur Weissmann. I just graduated from Trainers School and so i'm now travelling on my own journey." Arthur explained while cleaning off dust from his outfit. "And for the explanation for what happened until I ended up like this... Well, basically Braveheart accidentally hit the tree they were sleeping and so we're trapped in a crazy chase. While for the results, you can see by yourself haha." Arthur tried to laugh off his misfortune.

'So that's what happened... they ended up being chased by one of the hot-tempered Pidgeotto...' "Well, it's nice to formally meet you Arthur." Momo smiled and picked up Finn, who was chirping and started to wave his small feet excitedly the moment he was facing Arthur. "This is Finn, my first Pokemon and friend. And the Pidgey on my shoulder is Pidge, my second Pokemon, who we caught in Route 301." Pidge, from his spot stared at the male for awhile, before he lifted his wing, waving it slightly, then lowered it in place. "I also graduated from the Trainer School. I'm surprised we haven't meet each other before." Momo looked up and remembered the time and Arthur's injuries. "Oh, right! We still have to take you to the PC, your injuries have to be checked." She placed Finn on her head and grabbed the hem of his right sleeve and pulls on it, using her other hand to point to the town ahead.

"I'll take your offer on that. Besides i don't think i could stay the night without having to visit the PC and do something about the injuries." Arthur decided to follow the girl. It's not like he had a choice anyway, Braveheart is fainted and both Muchorin and Hunter is definitely not in the condition to do battle, he had to visit the PC sooner or later before going home to Mr. Gunther's house.

"Then let's go!" She changed her grip from his sleeve to his right arm and pulls him carefully towards the town. "It's night time, so we have to be careful on the way so you don't trip or knock into something so you don't fall on you back and make the injury worse." Finn chirped and jumped onto Arthur's head before using his front feet to pat his forehead. Momo chuckled as Pidge looked over and chirped disapprovingly, motioning his head towards Momo. "I'm sorry about Finn, he's a bit...quirky."

Arthur was happy at the gesture showed by Finn. "Haha thanks little guy." He then looked at Pidge. "Well i think it's fine, no Pokemon is going to be close to strangers that quickly... Well my jolly Darumaka is an exception." Muchorin was a unique case, only a few moments after Arthur saved it from the pond it already going clingy to its saviour. Maybe Muchorin is easily drawn to people. However, Arthur was also happy at the time because both the sly and calculating Hunter and the overprotective Braveheart both knocked out cold. If they were awake, who knows what will they do to Pidge after all that happened before.

Both of them walked slowly for quite awhile before they finally reached the Pokemon Center. Momo stood in front of the PC with Arthur who stood beside her, still in her grasp, Finn was still on his head and Pidge was in his usual spot.

"Alright, let's go inside." Momo pulled Arthur with her as they walked inside the PC, the doors opening automatically once it sensed them, closing once they were inside.

"Welcome! How may I help you miss, mister?" asked a nurse at the front desk, looking over at the two teens as they walked in.

"Um... My friend here injured his back and I brought him here to get it checked out and to also heal our Pokemon." Momo explained, motioning her head towards the male beside her. The nurse nodded and looked behind her, motioning someone towards her before walking over, a Chansey on her heels carrying an empty tray, wearing the same hat the nurse was.

"Can you please place your pokeballs on the tray so Chansey could take them to get healed while mister come with me to the back to get your back checked." asked the Nurse, motioning with a hand towards Chansey, who cooed at them, lifting the tray slightly. Momo nodded and used her free hand to grab two pokeballs and called back Finn and Pidge. Once they were safely inside, she placed them on the tray and waited.

"Oh yes, if you don't mind Nurse Joy, could you also heal my Pokemon while you're at it. They're also quite tired after the journey today." Arthur put his three pokeballs on the desk.

Nurse Joy nodded "Ok, we'll heal them after your friend's Pokemon finished healing, how about you go and check your injuries now? It appears that you have quite a night today. It's not good to leave an injury untended for long." Nurse Joy appears to be worried at Arthur's condition.

"Thanks for the gesture Nurse Joy, I really appreciate it. I'll check myself up inside then." Arthur nodded at Nurse Joy's direction and decided to go straight inside the examination room. "Would you like to come too, Momo? Or you would like to wait outside?" Arthur asked Momo on her opinion.

"I think I'll wait out here, just in case they take awhile with your injuries." Momo replied, watching as Chansey placed the three pokeballs that belonged to Arthur in the tray and walked to the back, the doors closing behind her. "You never know someone might try to steal the pokeballs when they're ready. Anyways, i'm going to go sit at a table and wait until the Pokemon are finished healing and for your injuries to be treated." Momo waved at Arthur.

"Sure, thanks for accompanying me here, Momo." Arthur waved back and then walked to the examination room. In his mind, today has been a wild experience. He then slightly giggled at the fact that he now knew how his dad felt when Kirk brought him to various crazy situations. "It's fun, it's just that the aftermath is a bit garbage." Arthur muttered silently to himself, he then proceeded to enter the examination room

Momo who had chosen to stay behind then walked over to the tables, choosing one of the closest to the window and sat down, looking towards the night sky. 'So much had happened today... And I have that battle tomorrow... I hope Pidge is ready for the battle, he looked like he wanted to fight that Spearow.' She grabbed her bag and placed in on her lap, fetching the Holotch, and looking at the time. 'They might take awhile, so might as well get something to drink while I wait.' She put the device back in and strapped her bag to her shoulder before standing and walking to the indoor cafe.

She waited until her order came, not long after she ordered the hot chocolate has arrived on her table. Momo looked out the window, sipping on her hot chocolate, then heard something from her lap and she looked down, seeing her Mudfish Pokemon sleeping, turning over slightly on his back. She then looked to her shoulder, seeing Pidge being as vigilant as ever. She got her Pokemon back about 20 minutes ago, 10 minutes after they handed their Pokemon over and Arthur went to the examination room.

"If you want to sleep Pidge, you can." she assured the tiny bird, but said Pokemon shook his head and snuggled his head on her cheek for a few seconds before stopping and standing straight, hearing a familiar sound. He turned and saw a person before noticing who is was and chirped at them, getting Momo's attention, who was holding the hot chocolate with one hand and petting Finn with the other. She looked up and saw the person.

"I'm glad your Pokemon looks fine, as for me I'm quite fine also. I still have to be careful for quite a while though." Fine was a mild way of saying it, the examination found that Arthur have a contusion near his left shoulder where he landed on the signpost. However he decided to omit the details so Momo wouldn't be so worried. "Well, now I guess I should introduce my partners to you, well Braveheart is still being treated so, maybe I'll just introduce Hunter and Muchorin to you, but before that... Sir, may I order a Cappuccino Latte please? Ah, and make it sweet please. Thank you." The cafe's barista nodded at the order.

"If that's what you want, and your injuries are all better? Well... if you say so..." Momo hesitantly accepted his words, she knew his back injury was other than fine and wouldn't recover that quickly, but she didn't want to upset Arthur, so she didn't push on the subject.

"So first up, come out Muchorin." Arthur pressed the button in his pokeball and immediately the Zen Charm Pokemon came out from it. It immediately started dancing in joyful manner, until it choose to hug its trainer and nuzzle its head against Arthur's chest. "Whoa.. Sheesh Muchorin." Arthur smiled and then rubbed Muchorin's head. "Okay... so the next one is Hunter, come.. Eh, on second thoughts i'm not sure Hunter will be happy to be out of his pokeball after that incident." Arthur spoke while his eyes looked at Pidge. He thought that bringing out Hunter now would only bring unwanted commotion in the Pokemon Center.

Momo giggled when Muchorin the Darumaka appeared, he reminded her of Finn, who was still napping. he would do stuff like that and his quirkiness made him adorable, but Muchorin was almost his equal. She noticed the look he was giving Pidge and remembered that most of his team wasn't fond of the tiny bird species, so she felt bad for having Pidge out since it seemed to make him uncomfortable. She grabbed Pidge's pokeball and pet his head, "Hey buddy, you should rest for now, I have Finn here if something happens, alright? I'll bring you out once we are in the room so you can sleep in the bed."

Pidge stared at her before glancing at the human across from his trainer and noticed the look, also remembering the encounter with his old leader and what led to it. He hesitantly nodded and rubbed her cheek one last time before he was returned, his pokeball going to its rightful place.

"Alright, you can introduce Hunter now if you want, Pidge will be in his pokeball until we get to our room." Finn, in that instant, woke up and yawned. Once he stood up, he peeked over the table and saw the Darumaka, chirping curiously before jumping on the table and walking a bit closer, chirping at the Zen Charm Pokemon.

Muchorin realized the presence of Mudkip chirping before him, and decided to hop down from Arthur's chest and greeted the Mudkip before it by doing a bit of it's usual dance routine ended by one feet leaving the table while its two hands were waving happily at the MudFish Pokemon.

Finn chirped excitedly and jumped once before he stood on his hind legs and tried to copy his pose, making him a bit wobbly. Momo chuckled when she saw Mudkip copying all of Muchorin's moves, not as elegant as the original and being wobbly, but has done so far without falling.

Arthur also chuckled at the sight, and with Pidge gone in its ball he decided it was safe for Hunter to come out.

"Go out, Hunter!" Hunter chirped and immediately looked left and right as fast as it could ensuring that there was no Pidgey in vicinity. "Its okay Hunter, nothing will harm you now." Arthur enticed his Hoothoot. Feeling relieved, Hunter then perch itself on Arthur's shoulder, still being vigilant as ever to avoid a possible ambush.

"So, how long have you been at the Trainer School?" asked Momo as she re-arranged the scarf around her neck before taking it off and placing it in her bag, along with her art beret, unknowingly revealing her key stone.

The gleaming key stone caught the attention of Arthur, however he still had a question to answer. "It's just one year, I'm quite thankful I didn't have to repeat a year... It's a nice keystone you have there, honestly it's probably the third one I ever saw in person so far."

"Oh, this?" Momo placed her hand under the pendant, making the lightning reflect off the stone. "Thanks, I've had it for a long time, got it from my parents before they disappeared. Wait... you called it a keystone, what is that?" She was confused and intrigued, she never heard of a keystone before, her parents never really told her what the pendant was, only gave it to her and left.

"Ah... I see..." Arthur was a bit remorseful that he raised the topic about Momo's parents after asking about the keystone. However Momo's eye looked like it was telling him to continue and there's no way he would try to upset his saviour. "The keystone has the power to evolve a Pokemon even further beyond its supposed maximum evolution... I'm sorry I shouldn't use the term evolve but forme change would probably more suitable, since its a temporary process. However, the term used by scientist I believe is still Mega Evolution."

Arthur then tried to rack his head about more information. "As I recall, you also need a mega stone in order to do Mega Evolution and not all Pokemon react to the same mega stone. You'll need a specific mega stone in order to evolve a Pokemon." He then took a sip of the latte that was just arrived on the table. "I don't know what stone Professor Kirk has, but I do believe my late grandfather's stone to evolve metagross further is still being kept by my father."

"Amazing... so with the keystone, I can make my Pokemon mega evolve? Can only certain Pokemon do that and where can these mega stones be found? Are there more people with these stones?" Momo was elated, finally, a clue to her parents! If she could figure out what this stone was and its purpose, it can help lead her to her parents! She was about to ask another question when she noticed how rushed her questions were.

"Ah! I'm sorry! You don't have to answer them! I was just happy to have a lead to my parents, I'm sorry for all the questions." Momo felt embarrassed, but her excitement of learning about the keystone overpowered that. She scratched her head, chuckling nervously. "Sorry, but I have one more question. For mega evolution to occur, is there something else needed other than the stones?"

"Haha, don't worry about that. I honestly quite enjoy the conversation." Suddenly, Muchorin jumped on the table while he was conversing and immediately tucked away his legs and arms turning him into a doll like state while sleeping. Arthur smiled at the behavior of his Pokemon and decided to stroke its head while it was sleeping. "Where was i? Ah... About the other requirement, it's this." Arthur used his spare hand to point at his heart. "Your Pokemon and you have to own a strong bond, without trust between trainer and Pokemon, mega evolution will never occur. Do you have any other questions?"

'So there needs to be a bond between a Pokemon and their trainer... that's understandable, they are sharing a power to go beyond evolution from the sounds of it.' Momo looked towards Finn who was looking at Muchorin curiously, tapping his sleeping form. She reached over and grabbed the MudFish so to not disturb the sleeping Pokemon and hugged him, enticing him to sleep once again. She did have a question, but the topic was dark, but she had to ask, for the sake of her parents. "Are there... people who want mega evolution for other purposes, like dark purposes?"

Arthur was hesitant to answer, after all the answers he gave might gave Momo bad closure on her parents search. "Unfortunately... Yes, there are people like that." Arthur wryly smiled. "Well, it's been you who've been asking questions, so I believe it's my turn now..." As Arthur was going to ask questions, Nurse Joy suddenly came to the pair informing that Braveheart's wound has been healed completely. "Ah well, i could ask questions later when we're both free later. But for now, lets go rest as soon as possible, we have a journey ahead tomorrow. And as for me, I've already planned to visit Professor Wisteria at noon tomorrow." Arthur checked his small notebook for his schedule.

"Alright...wait, you're seeing the Professor tomorrow as well? We could meet up to meet her together at the time you're going to see her, I can do something during the morning while waiting." She knew the answer the moment she asked, but she needed to be sure. 'So my parents could be in danger at this moment and I don't know about it or where they are...' Momo shook her head slightly to rid the thought and noticed her bag moving slightly, Pidge was getting restless and his protective nature wasn't making it better. She had to go to her room soon before he gets angsty and comes out.

"I still have to tell her about my findings on the Holotch. I don't mind answering some of your questions, since I have some more questions about mega evolution to ask you as well." She glanced down at her pendant, trying to remember how her parents looked like, but her memory was foggy, and her grandparents, for some reason, didn't have any photos of them, so she never knew how they really looked like. She placed over right hand out in a handshake in the middle of the table, reaching out to Arthur. "So, want to meet up tomorrow for more?"

Not willing to abandon his new friend and inspired by her resolve to search for her parents, Arthur reached out to her waiting hands. "Sure, I'll be glad to meet up tomorrow." Arthur smiled at his fellow trainer school alumni. "Well it's already late, we should be hurry... After all, I still have to go to the mart before it closes to buy some pain relie..." He stopped at the middle of his sentence, realizing that he himself just blew up his lie to Momo about his condition. "Ahaha.. its nothing... I-I'm just going to buy some Lemonades that's it, see you, gotta get going." Arthur rushed out of the Pokemon Center.

Momo smiled happily when he accepted the meeting, but grew confused at his rushed escape. "He said he needed to shop for something before the mart closes... what was it he said?" Momo looked out the window in though, trying to remember.

'It sounded like he said pain relie...vers...' Momo was still for a second before she sighed, her new friend lied about his condition, but he was already gone before she could do anything. "Well, I'll see him tomorrow." Momo stood up from her seat and noticed that in his rush, he forgot his drink. 'Ah, he forgot to throw it away.' She grabbed the empty drink and stacked it on top of her empty cup and, holding Finn with one arm, she threw the cups and walked towards her room on the upper floor. 'I wonder how tomorrow is going to go...'

-------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur managed to buy some pain relievers before the mart closed up its doors. "I hope Momo doesn't mind that I lied... Didn't want her to worry much after all. If she knew, she'd probably spend more of her time on helping me rather then rest herself." Arthur glanced at the beautiful moon. However, he couldn't stop thinking about Momo. How could she able to cope with both of her parents gone without words was unthinkable for him. He then retracted a tiny white parasol with laces around it from inside his bad.

"Mother..." Arthur was reminded of her late mother and her gentle smile back when he was growing up. He realized how hard it was for Momo to grow up without knowing how her own parents looked. "I'll help her, whatever it takes." Arthur resolved to help her with all he could muster.

But before that he had something to do, he glanced at his watch to look at the time. After he was sure that the recipient would still answer, he then used his Holotch to call someone.

"Hi Pops, how are you doing? No, no, I'm completely okay. I… I just missed you, that's all."

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 3-3: Nashimity Town~Day 2{Day}

Morning Meetings

Momo sat at one of the tables, the same one from last night, looking out the large window into the orange sky, the sunrise was always beautiful to her. She then looked towards the golden bangle bracelet on her right wrist, looking at the peach pearls attached, it felt... weird to wear it, especially if it belonged to her mother. She remembered how she got this bracelet last night.
    ~~Flashback~~
    Momo was in her nightgown, her hair free and ready to sleep. Finn was already sleeping on one of the pillows and Pidge was on the nightstand, waiting for Momo.

"I'm coming, let me just check that everything is in…" Momo trailed off as she looked in her bag and saw a package she never noticed at the bottom of her bag. She slowly picked up the package and placed it on the nightstand beside Pidge, who looked over and cooed at the item, scrutinizing the package. She hesitantly opened if by lifting it up a bit and tearing the package's top cover, revealing several sets of clothes along with a golden bangle bracelet and a note, in a familiar handwriting.

"A note?" Momo picked up the note and read, "Dear Momoka, How is your journey doing you so far? I hope you are doing alright. Your grandpa is worried that you might have gotten yourself in trouble already, but I told him not to worry, that you are a strong girl." At the sentence, Momo chuckled, before continuing, "You must be wondering about the clothes and charm bracelet in the package. I places these set of clothes here since I noticed how all you packed was a nightgown, your potions, food rations, cooking equipment, and pokeballs. What if your current outfit got ripped beyond repair? What would you wear? I placed the clothes I thought you would like since I noticed you eyeing them sometimes when we would go out shopping. Besides, you've worn that dress for so long, I think it's time to change your style, to something that's to your liking, not because we suggested it, especially since you are going on an important journey for yourself. I also added a neck lanyard to help hold you Holotch around your neck, sorry if it's too long. Take care of yourself, little peach. You will soon meet an old acquaintance who has the key to your answers. Love, Your Grandmother." Momo placed the note down and looked at the pairs of clothes.

'Well...she is right, the only reason I've worn this dress was to please my grandparents and when they suggested that it would look good on me, I accepted it. Luckily, grandmother caught on, and now, I probably should arrange these…' Momo stood up and looked through the clothes, arranging them and matching them in pairs. 'Alright...so this is…' Momo continued to arrange her clothes for about another hour before sleeping. The charm bracelet and its twin bangle bracelets were on the nightstand beside Pidge.
    ~~Flashback Ends~~
    She looked out the window and noticed her reflection, seeing the new outfit she changed into, and smiled slightly. 'Yeah, grandma does have good taste.'

Her new outfit consisted of: a light brown vest over a white short sleeve shirt with a red tie, a white jacket with a red collar and red collar around the end of each sleeve with yellow linings, a red pleated skirt that reaches mid-thigh, black short-shorts underneath, black leggings up to her lower thighs, and pink and white sneakers. Her jacket was open, how she likes it, around her waist was the usual brown belt used to hold her pokeballs, her usual red beret on her head, and around her neck was a peach-colored neck lanyard with the holotch clipped on, and since the lanyard is about 32", the holotch stops at her stomach with her pendant resting on her chest. Her hair, instead of two low pigtails, was tied back into a ponytail with a hair tie coming with a blue orb charm, which ends in front of the ponytail, leaving her mimi-pink bangs to frame her face and her fringes are the same. Her old outfit was in her bag kept safe just in case she needed it in the future and her scarf was still wrapped around her neck, but the block- the peach and magenta half of the scarf is wrapped around her neck still with the blue, floral white, and magenta tails left to trail behind her.

She grabbed the spoon and began eating her breakfast as Finn sat beside her tray, eating some Pokémon food as Pidge was beside him, eating as well. 'I should get some materials...it will take awhile for afternoon to come… I can finish making that...'

"Miss!" Momo looked up from her food and saw Ella, the little girl from last night, and she was carrying Mua the Munna with Cathy the Skitty at her heels.

"Ah, Ella! I'm sorry if I don't visit you last night, something came up and I had to check it out." Momo apologize, playing with the ends of her scarf. She almost forgot about Ella, Mua, and Cathy with all that happened last night. She remembered, but it was too late to see them, so she resolved herself to go tomorrow(today), but it seems Ella beat her to it.

"It's alright Miss! We don't mind, you helped us a lot last night, but I'm worried about the battle today. Will you be alright Miss Momo?" Ella asked, concerned for the older girl, she knew how Josh played, and she had a bad feeling about this battle. After all, Josh never played fair, he must have a plan cooking to defeat Momo.

"I'll be alright, or more like Pidge will be, he is my choice to fight against Josh." Momo assured, looking over to Pidge, who lifted his head from the food once he heard his name, and seeing Ella, swallowed what he had and jumped onto Momo's shoulder, glaring at Cathy, who glared back with a quiet hiss.

"I hope so…" Ella looks over to the clock on the wall, and upon noticing the time, she quickly turns around, "Oh no! I got to get home! I'll see you later Miss Momo! And I'll come watch the battle!" Momo chuckled as Ella quickly ran out the PC, Mua in her hold looking around confused as Cathy jumped along, keeping at the little girl's heels. 'Well, that was a nice meeting… I wonder who I'll meet next…'
    ~Timeskip~
    Momo walked out of the PC, in the middle of sewing as Finn was on her heels and Pidge on her shoulder, redirecting her and making sure she doesn't bump into anything. In her hands was a half-way done neckerchief similarly to Finn's but the theme was different, being magenta and white instead. She had started on it when they were on their way out of Route 301, but she had to put the project on hold due to all the events that occurred.

As the girl walked, she didn't notice a certain man walk by her, but Finn did and stopped. Finn turned around and chirped as he jumped, excited to see the man. Momo heard his chirping and stopped sewing, turning to look, only to see Mr. Kuso there, petting Finn.

"Mr. Kuso! What are you doing here?" asked the girl, shocked to see one of her teachers, the same one who she parted ways with in Mahono Town.

"Ah, Momoka! How are you doing? Fine, I suppose?" inquired Mr. Kuso, standing up and smiling at the girl.

"Y-yeah, everything's good so far. I got injured in Route 301, but they were minor, so they healed pretty quickly." Momo explained, then realized something. "How did you get here? I thought you said you were going to travel the opposite way of Route 301?"

"I did, but then backtracked to get something in this town. I got here by flying of course!" laughed Mr. Kuso.

"But...the only flying type you have is…" Momo trailed off, remembering when Mr. Kuso introduced his Pokémon to her class, and the only Pokémon capable of learning 'Fly' was them.

"Yep! They gave me a lift here." The moment he spoke, three similar heads popped up behind Mr. Kuso and chirped, the Pokémon's body standing behind him. Finn jumped into Momo's arms and turned, chirping excitedly at the familiar Pokémon. Pidde had the opposite reaction, he was staring at his fellow bird Pokémon, as if trying to figure him out. " I taught them the move 'Fly' not too long ago, about a few days before graduation."

"Really? I didn't know Dodrio can fly, I know they can learn it, but to be able to actually fly? Is that safe Mr. Kuso?" asked Momo, utterly confused. Dodrio was known as a flying type, but it didn't have the wings to fly, so how did it fly?

"Of course they can fly! They just have their own style of flying." Mr. Kuso smirked before turning and jumping on Dodrio's back. "Also, since I got what I needed, it's time for me to head off. I'll be seeing you more often Momoka, after all, you are their legacy."

"Wait, their legacy? Do you mean-" Momoka was cut off when the two Dodo]rio heads, the outer ones, turned to the sides and started to… flap like wings? "What…"

"I think you know Momoka. Your aspiration to train your Pokemon, especially in a region like this, is just like hers. Next time we meet, let's battle to see how far you've grown! Train until then! " The moment he finished speaking, the Dodrio jumped and the flapping intensified, slowly lifting the Triple Bird Pokémon off the ground. "See you next time and good luck, Momoka!" Mr. Kuso waved as Dodrio flew up and away, leaving a baffled Momo, shell-shocked Pidge, and chirping Finn, who waved back.

"...I just… I don't know… Let's just go somewhere…" Momo mumbled before walking towards the PC, still shocked at what she saw, holding her unfinished product close. Dodrio flying? She didn't know whether to laugh or cover her face in embarrassment. People nearby were looking at the small figure of Mr. Kuso, some children pointing and asking around, like, "How is he flying Mommy?" "I want to do that!" "How cool!" Momo just walked away.
    ~Mini-Timeskip~
    In a matter of minutes, Momo returned to the PC, trying to escape the embarrassment from before. Momo was mumbling to herself as she walked inside, sitting down at one of the couches, placing the half-way done neckerchief and sewing materials on the table in front of her.

"What did he mean by 'you are their legacy'? It can't be my grandparent: my grandmother is a breeder and my grandfather is a retired police officer. I already have relatives who follow their legacy. The only other people he could mean is...wait...it can't be…" Momo trailed off as she realized that, if Mr. Kuso really meant that phrase, then he must have known her parents! 'If he knew them, he must know how the look like and who they were...and maybe....where they are right now!'

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Nashimity Town, dusk

It was late when Edison arrived at Professor Wisteria's lab, and he was concerned that everyone would have gone home for the night. He was fortunate enough that the Professor herself was still there, and willing to speak with him.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, Professor. Especially at this hour." Edison looked around her workspace as she led him to her desk.

"Not to worry, I'm always happy to talk with my students. Now, what is it you wanted to discuss?" She took a seat at her desk, offering Edison a chair.

Edison sat in the seat, holding up his Holotch. "I wanted to talk about the Pokemon I captured on Route 301. You see, I used the Holotch like you requested of us, fascinating technology, really, I'm quite fond of it... and it led to me quite the rare find. I managed to capture a Munchlax, and as exciting as that is, I'm having a bit of trouble feeding him. He seems to always be hungry, and has a bit of a sweet tooth."

The Professor had leaned forward in excitement when Edison mentioned using the Holotch, holding her hand out to him when he paused his spiel. "That is interesting, Mr. Kintobor. May I see your Holotch?" Edison handed it to her, and she plugged it into her computer. "If you don't mind me asking, what did you think I could do to help you?"

Edison rubbed the back of his head, not making direct eye contact. "Well... back in Mahono Town you mentioned that you had a reward for anyone who encountered a certain quantity of Pokemon on Route 301. Thanks to the Holotch, I was able to meet your quota, so I was... hoping for a payout?" He grinned sheepishly, realizing how he must sound. "You mentioned Berries as a reward, and Munchlax seems to greatly enjoy those. They're the only thing he actually seems satisfied after eating, you see."

The Professor chuckled at his reaction. "Of course. Well, I'm not one to go back on my word. And I'm pleased that you're making such good use of your Holotch. I see here that you've used it here in Nashimity as well, and managed to find a Pokemon with it."

Edison shrugged, but smiled at the praise. "Well, what can I say? It truly is a marvelous device, and I fully intend to use it as often as I can. I wish I understood how it works a little better. If I could figure out what exactly it uses to detect Pokemon, it would aid in my research immensely."

Wisteria merely nodded as she rose from her chair, going over to a shelf at the back of her workspace. "Well, I encourage you to keep using it. In fact, as a little reward for how diligently you've applied it thus far, you can have these special Pokeballs!" She returned with a pair of blue and yellow Pokeballs, handing them to Edison. "These are called Quick Balls! They resonate at a frequency unusual to most Pokemon, making capture much easier, but Pokemon can adapt to it rather quickly. If you see a Pokemon you want to capture, throw one of these right away, and you can often skip a battle entirely! But if you don't throw it within the first six seconds, it's no stronger than a regular Pokeball."

She stepped over towards the glass dome in the center if her lab, twirling in mid step and making her coat flare dramatically. She opened up a small refrigerator, retrieving a few small bags. "As for your primary objective in coming here, I present to you a variety of delicious and nutritious berries!"

Edison tucked the Quick Balls into his satchel, coming over to the fridge. "Thank you, Professor! I'll be sure-"

"Ah! Don't thank me yet!" Wisteria interrupted, handing Edison three round blue Berries. "These are called Oran Berries, one of the most basic types you'll find. They taste a bit dry, but they can kickstart a Pokemon's healing factor, instantly helping them recover from injury!"

Next up was a trio of tiny red berries. "Behold the Cheri Berry, a surprisingly spicy fruit for its size. Eating one loosens up a Pokemon's muscles, curing them of paralysis or just helping them to relax, if you want a recreational use for them."

She next produced three large orange berries with blue stems. "The Chesto Berry is more like a nut than an actual berry. Tastes dry, and not entirely unlike mint. Eating one instantly wakes up a Pokemon, whether they've been asleep for hours or only starting to nod off. Too bad they don't work on humans, I'd never drink coffee again if they did!" She laughed at her joke before moving on to the next Berry.

"Here we have the Rawst Berry." She handed Edison three blue, triangular berries with green leaves near the stem. "Kind of bitter, but can soothe burns when eaten. These also work on humans, but only if you make a paste of it and rub it on the afflicted area. Don't ask how I learned this."

Finally, she gave Edison three soft pink berries. "Saving the best for last, these Pecha Berries are soft and sweet, perfect for a baby Pokemon with a love of sweets! They're also a natural antitoxin, able to clear even harsh poisons from a Pokemon's system. Let's just say that I don't see that being much of an issue for your Munchlax in the future, though."

Wisteria closed the fridge, and Edison looked over the bountiful harvest in his hands. Fifteen Berries with various flavors and effects. He put them in his satchel, in the special cold pocket that he kept food in. "Thank you, Professor. Truly, it's more than I could have expected when I came here."

Wisteria gave a little bow, smiling at Edison. "As I said, I'm always happy to help my students. Especially ones as inquisitive and promising as you. My door is always open."

After all that, Edison bid Professor Wisteria farewell and good night, making his way downtown to the Pokemon Center, or as it was being called these days, the Town Center. There, he was able to find food for dinner and a room for the night. After a hot meal and recording the day's events in his journal, he settled down in his rented bed to sleep, already looking forward to tomorrow's adventures.

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Wisteria's lab || Team:
    latest

Day: One || Time: Evening

Mr. Important Science Guy

Kira slowly meandered her way into town, her gaze swapping between her surroundings and a map brought up on her Holotch. Heading in the direction of the mountainside, Kira narrowly managed to avoid several passersbys as she made to the lab. As she approached the courtyard she was taken aback by its presentation. When she imagined a lab inside of a mountain side, she always imagined a deep tunnel obscured behind trees, stretching far into the mountain to a secret lair. This however was probably the exact opposite; it was very pleasant looking. Rivaling even the Pokémon league for her as far as nice looking architecture was concerned.

With a bit of a jog Kira quickly ascended the stairs and made her way into the main lobby of the lab, the front door being unlocked. "Hello? Anyone in here?" She called out from the front lobby into the rest of the lab. Spotting a bell resting on a nearby table, she rang it a few times just in case her call wasn't loud enough.

"Yes yes yes, I hear you! Stop playing with the bell!" Called an annoyed, heavily accented voice from the back of the lab. After a moment, a younger looking man with stereotypically frizzled hair large, wide framed glasses and a messy white lab coat came from the back of the lab. With a heavy amount of disdain, he looked Kira over "What do you want?"

"Um… I was invited here by Wisteria, she mentioned showing her our Pokédex when coming through town." Kira explained, unsure of what to think about the man.

"Ah yes, you're one of those little kids from the school. Well, While I'm sure she would just adore seeing all the rats and birds you came across, I'm afraid she's out right now." The man explained in a more patronizing tone than Kira thought possible.

"I… I found a Hoppip too…" Kira explained meekly

"Ooooh, Well look at you. Just take your berries and be gone. You're interfering with important science." The man said dismissively, from under the counter he pulled out a tied off brown bag and leisurely tossed it at Kira.

"Who the heck are you anyway? I've never saw you around the school. Kira asked in a rather defensive tone.

"Of course, I wouldn't dare waste my time teaching a bunch of dull eyed young'uns, and quite frankly I don't care for giving my name to someone like you. It ruins its fine tone coming from someone so dopey looking. If you must refer to me by something you may call me Mr. Important Science Man." The man said in the haughtiest tone Kira ever heard in her life.

Kira just stared at the man, unable to believe the superiority complex trying to pass itself off as a functional adult that stood in front of her. "Hold up, Wisteria said…" Kira began before being interrupted.

"What are you doing? I said she wasn't here. If you insist on staying, then sit down and be quiet like a good child, otherwise get out. You're interfering with important science!" The man said, pointing at the door. Before Kira had a chance to respond he left back into the lab, leaving Kira alone in the front lobby.

Kira stood stunned in the lobby of the lab, unable to believe what just happened. She considered staying to wait for Wisteria however it was getting late, meaning if she did end up showing, there wouldn't be enough time to really talk with her anyway. In one final act of defiance she walked over to the table with the bell on it and rang it about a dozen times before heading out the door. The annoyed yelling of the man accompanying her departure.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Well after all the times in the Kinkyo Trainers school, it was time for Andy and his Azurill to say goodbye to the place. Sadly this goodbye would be permanent in more ways than one as the school was closing after this. He and the others of his class would be the very last members the school ever taught, Andy giving a bit of a sigh at this realization, it had been a rather enjoyable school year for him despite Andy not being exactly the best at battles himself, though that would improve with time. He did want to head right out to the 1st route but knew doing that would be at least bad manners and at most actually quite dangerous, he didn't want or need a repeat of what happened in Jotho.

Instead it was off to Professor Wisteria to get his usual items, Andy going to her while Aqua bounces on his right side happily. "Hello Professor Wisteria" he would happily say.

"Hello there, Andy, I am hoping you and your other classmates will revitalize this region, there are less and less pokemon trainers here now and its rather disheartening."

"Isn't that what the school is for?" he says with a little chuckle, getting a nod from her before she hands off the usual items of pokeballs, the Kinkyo Pokedex and some fancy thingamajig he hadn't heard of or seen. "Excuse me but what is this and how would I use it?"

She gleams enjoying when others ask questions allowing her to go into her 'tutorial professor mode' as most of the class called it when she would talk for several minutes. "This wonderful device is a Holotch, its modeled kinda like the poketchs from Sinnoh..."that also confused him a bit as he hadn't been to sinnoh ever yet "...but with our own flair you could say. They do pretty much the same thing as that device in telling time, a type checker, a dowsing machine and a few other things. But its main function is to find other pokemon in the grass, sometimes you will find rare ones when searching with it. How about you get some practice with that main function by using it to encounter 3 pokemon along route 301, maybe you would find a rare pokemon hidden in the grass if you search for long enough.

"Alright. sounds good, I'll get on that now" he nods along with his little Aqua Mouse.

"Be careful out there will you?" she warns

"Thanks, we will Professor" he says back before looking to head into route 301 to encounter some pokemon. Of course after this he would head back to the Professor with some pokedex information.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Willow White
    Route 301
    kTKF0Ou.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Chapter 1-2 | Planning

With a cigarette hanging limply from her mouth, Willow began to make her way down Route 301. Bounding around at her feet, her loyal Popplio bounced about, excitement on her face as she took in the various sights and scents of the seaside path. Willow honestly didn't care too much for what spectacles the route had to offer. Rather than take in the view, the dark-skinned girl had her nose glued to her new Pokédex. She was still idly fumbling about with the various buttons and knobs on the device, trying her hardest to actually understand how the handheld computer even worked.

"I swear, couldn't Wisteria have put in some damn instruction book or somethin'?" Willow questioned no one in particular. Mana honked in response to the teenager's question, which merely caused the purple-haired girl to roll her eyes in response. "This damn thing must be busted, there's no way it's this hard to actually use!"

Frustration was growing in Willow's tone. Having gotten quite angry at the Pokédex for not being able to follow the simple directions she was inputting (There was no way it was her fault), the teenager did what any right-minded individual would do. She began to deliver several well placed whacks against the surface of the device. The Pokédex let out a strange, whirling noise as the screen began to shift about in a rather quick and confusing manner. Eventually, the screen stopped on a map screen of sorts. Emerald-green eyes narrowed as Willow looked at the screen carefully. A satisfied smirk came to grace her lips.

"Well, it's 'bout time ya started doin' what I was tellin' ya," Willow confidently stated. She brought the device close to her face and began to study the screen carefully. "Let's see... Route 301... Yeah, I know it connects Mahono Town and Nashimity Town, gimme some info that I ain't aware of... Ah, here we go. Wild Pokémon..."

Willow hastily began to read through the list, thoughts of what powerful creatures could be waiting on the route flashing through her mind all the while. She delighted in the chance opportunity to run into a strong Pokémon, one that her Popplio could hopefully weaken just enough for her to catch, before the purple-haired girl would inevitably toss goofy looking blue Pokémon into the PC at the Pokémon Center. The smile on her lips quickly faded however as Willow began to read through the list, a sigh of annoyance slipping past her lips shortly afterwards.

"What the hell did I expect? Of course their ain't anythin' worth catchin' around here," Willow scoffed. Her Popplio barked once more in response, however a far more curious look was on her face. Mana gently placed a flipper against her trainer's leg, tilting her head as if to ask Willow if everything was alright. Willow paid the water Pokémon no mind though. She merely rolled her eyes in response before placing her Pokédex into her bag before taking a long drag on her cigarette. "Okay... So that plan's dead. Screw it, it was dumb anyways. I'll just have to go with plan B instead."

Once again, Mana barked in response. Willow knelt down to the Popplio's eye level, scowling all the while before she picked the pokémon up.

"Ya don't look all that strong... but I guess we'll have to fix that. Time for ya to earn ya keep, Mana," Willow began. She turned her Popplio to look out onto the road before them. "From here on, anythin' ya run into on this route is fair game. If we see one of these weak Pidgey or Rattata, we're gonna completely destroy it... and I ain't takin' no for an answer, got me?"

The Popplio merely barked in response to Willow. Without warning, Mana quickly shifted forward in her trainer's hands and delivered a big... and very wet lick of affection across the teenager's face. Willow grunted in response before dropping Mana back down to the ground. Without another word, Willow resumed her walk across Route 301, Mana flopping right behind her with joy.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann & Kira Wolf
    Berry Pier, Nashimity Town

The Toss Boss

After he chatted quite a while with his father through Holotch, Arthur had finally arrived at Mr. Gunther's house. His appearance had made both Mr. and Mrs. Gunther worried about him, fortunately, they managed to calm down after he told the story. However, Arthur still have to face the issue that both of his shirt and his cap was damaged in the incident, not to mention the glasses that he kept on the backpack during the chase apparently was smashed into bits because he put it on the front left pocket which was the area where he landed on the signpost.

The next day, Arthur said his goodbyes with the Gunthers early in the morning. He didn't mention his contusion on the left shoulder as he was afraid it would make them worry instead. Now he walked around the Berry Pier as he was looking forward to sightseeing the other places available at Nashimity while waiting for noon to arrive.

"Wow, what a nice beach. It's unfortunate that I still have to wait for the Krabby to finish their migration to enjoy this beach fully though."

Arthur then tried to sightsee the stalls around the pier. There was a multitude of stalls available there, most of them were still finishing up with their preparations. A joyful atmosphere was evident there as most of the stall owners chatted with each other and were looking forward to selling their products. However, Arthur could faintly hear a voice from a woman who appeared to be furious at something, he came there to see what's going wrong.

"Where the hell is Crawford!? He should've been here 20 minutes ago!" The rambling came from an old woman, she appeared to tend a Pinap Berry Skewer stall. From her ramblings, Arthur could infer that she was frustrated at her employee that hasn't shown up yet.

Arthur was not sure he could help the woman with anything at all, but he didn't want to leave her all alone without asking. "I'm sorry Ma'am, I couldn't help but overhear that you're in some sort of trouble right now. May I help you with anything?"

"Thanks for your concern Kid, but I don't think I need help from you." The woman then goes back to tend her stall, before she changed her mind. "Well, actually maybe you could help me until Crawford come, however, if you do agree to help me. I expect you to do your utmost best because this is no easy job."

Arthur was deep in his thinking, this job is related to Pinap Berry Skewer which is the specialty of the area. There's no way this would be an easy walk in the park, not to mention this could potentially be dodgy for his left shoulder. However, it's not easy to leave this old woman alone, after all, who would accept this job with high difficulty. Although his mind still not completely sure about the job, Arthur accepted. "Sure Ma'am, could you show me what to do please?"

The woman showed Arthur various chores he needed to handle. Arthur was tasked to handle the preparations, such as soaking the skewers with water, cutting the berries, and preparing the glaze for the Berries. Arthur gulped at the task waiting in front of him, he was a decent cook because his father was rarely home and he had time to experiment with cooking. However, he wouldn't exactly call himself a 'professional', besides knowing that he had to satisfy the demands of the stall owner while putting a high output of work doesn't help at all with his uneasiness. He doesn't have much time to give more thoughts to his predicament as he was told to start working anyway.

He started to soak the wooden skewers in water to prevent it from getting burned during the grilling process and it was quite easy. And then Arthur started to cut the Pinap Berries, the stall owner told him not to cut it too thin to avoid burning while not cutting it too thick either because it would mess up the texture of the skewers. "Hmm... These are quite good, I definitely did a great job cutting these up."

Arthur's silent muttering was suddenly interrupted by a sudden impact that he felt on his right shoulder, he winced in pain and take a look at what had hit him. Apparently, it was a pot lid and it was thrown by the stall owner.

"You really think that's a good cut!? Are you trying to make a stir fry!? Quit playing around, the stall will open in 15 minutes! What are you going to feed these lines of people if there's not even a single skewer to sell!? Now get going!" The stall owner angrily responded at Arthur's muttering.

Arthur now knew that it's either he learns as fast as possible, or his body will be akin to a dartboard for the stall owner to shoot against. The first hour of business was extremely hectic, few items were thrown by the stall owner against Arthur due to his mistakes, but thankfully none hit his left shoulder. Arthur managed to hang on against the ever-increasing crowd, but it was apparent that his left shoulder isn't much cooperative like he would love it to. And if this keeps up both him and the stall is doomed.

"Not gonna lie, you were the last person I expected to be back here. Already managed to land yourself a job I see?" A girl in a light blue tank top asked as she leaned over the counter, watching Arthur fumble his way through the cooking process. Over her shoulder, she carried a cloth, tan shopping bag which appeared to be filled to the brim.

"You do realize I'm also on a journey like you? Honestly, I would like to talk more with you, Kira. But, if I spend more time speaking with you. I'm pretty sure that saucepan is going to fly at me… Again." Arthur pointed at the empty saucepan near the stove before he tried to continue his work. However, he suddenly got a flash of inspiration for seeing his friend in front of him.

"Hmm… You look like you're having fun. What about you helping me here and ease your friend's suffering, I don't know maybe to repay all of the tutorings I did to help you back then?" Arthur smiled at Kira before he got interrupted by a flying saucepan he managed to barely catch by his right arm.

"Quick Kid, It's busy hour now! If you want to chat with your friends, then do it later!" The stall owner angrily reprimands Arthur.

"Please?" Arthur asked once more while trying to multitask.

"You know, I was gonna ask if you lost a fight but it seems like the weird limp you got there explains itself after that. I guess in a way you kinda did…" Kira stated, eying the recently hurled saucepan.

"I dunno how working in this little stand is part of this journey of yours but fine, I'll help you out. In exchange for this though I'm counting us even for the tutoring." Working up her best fake smile she pushed herself away from the counter and began waving over the woman in charge of the stand.

"Um, excuse me, ma'am!" Kira called out, her voice going up a pitch or two as she put on her best nice girl act.

"Yes? You're that kid's friend, aren't you? If you want to have a chat or do something with your friend, then you'll have to wait. After all, your friend volunteered to help me, so he can't take back his promise now." The lady talked at Kira while managed to skillfully handle both of the cash register and packaging the skewers from the grill.

"Actually, that's what I was meaning to ask you about. You seem to be rather swamped here working nearly the entire stand on your own. Perhaps I could help you with the customers so you can focus more on preparing food? I'm sure your skewers are better than Arthur's anyway." Kira coaxed with a large smile painted on her face.

"Well… If you're not bothered with it then fine. You can take care of the customers." The stall owner lady decided to handle the cooking process. "You should be grateful you have a nice friend, Kid." The lady said to Arthur while taking a gaze at his work supervising him just in case he did another mistake.

"Why thank you, Kira, I really appreciate your help" Arthur wryly smiled, after all, she helped after he asked her. Not because she actually volunteered but because she has a debt to pay, not to mention the lady never complimented him for his efforts.

"I'm just happy to help is all!" Kira said, continuing to give the warmest smile she can muster. Making her way behind the counter she found a location to stow away her tan bag and took her place behind the register. With the same faux kindness as before she began to help the customers one by one.

"Well no use in dwelling on that, it's time to work." Arthur goes back to focus on helping the lady serving the Skewers to the customers waiting.
    Both Arthur and Kira managed to help the stall owner without any incident happening, except a few times the pan was thrown by the lady against Arthur. The sun was getting hotter and the crowd was beginning to thin out because of the heat and the fact it was almost lunchtime. Suddenly, a man ran to the stall, gasped while trying to collect his composure.

"I'm sorry… Ma'am… I was late…"

"Crawford! Where the hell had you been!? These kids had been helping me since the stall opened thanks to you! Now go back to your position, and help me!" The lady angrily screamed at his assistant which made him scrambling to make preparations.

"Well, thanks, Kids. You've been a great help, although… You're not hiding anything about your left shoulder aren't you, young man?" The stall owner was suspicious after she saw Arthur struggling to use his left arm properly, not to mention he appeared to hold in pain when he got hit in his left shoulder by the saucepan.

"Ahaha… Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag. You're not imagining things ma'am, I worked with an injured shoulder. Basically, I was injured by a freak accident last night and was diagnosed with a contusion. I was here only to sightsee when I saw you struggling, can't help but the bag. my left shoulder. I was here just for a jog when I overheard that you were having issues with your assistant. So I couldn't help but offer myself as a temporary assistant." Arthur tried to laugh the issue off.

"That explains everything… You should've told me." The lady regretted hitting Arthur's left shoulder with a saucepan earlier.

"It's okay Ma'am, you didn't know." Arthur tried to reassure the stall owner.

Kira gave a bit of a concerned look when Arthur mentioned his shoulder but brushed it off for the time being. "Well, with Crawford here I guess that means we're good to go right? While I was happy to help it looks like Arthur could use some help with his shoulder." Kira asked, her voice beginning to sound somewhat hoarse from maintaining her bubbly façade.

"Yup, you both may go. But before that, here's payment for you both for helping me." The lady handed each of them a technical machine and a weird looking capsule.

"Excuse me, but what does this technical machine teach? And for these capsules what does it do?" Arthur was confused about seeing the items.

"That technical machine teaches your Pokemon the move Fling. While for those capsules, it is called Ability Capsule which could change the ability of a Pokemon. I don't have many uses for those items since I'm not a trainer, but you'll probably be able to find a use for those." The lady explained.

"Thank…." Kira began, coughing heavily between words. "S-Sorry, the salty air was getting to me. Thank you!" she eventually managed to sputter out, her forced bubbly tone finally getting to her. In all honesty, she was rather thankful for the gift, however, she couldn't shake the feeling that this woman was just giving them some of her old junk that was just lying around.

"I'm sorry boss, but if you don't come here soon. I don't think I could handle all of these customers in line." Crawford tried to complain to her boss as calmly as possible so she doesn't get madder at her.

"Geez, Crawford. I couldn't leave you to deal with this alone, huh? Well Kiddoes, I guess it's time for me to go back there. Have a safe journey." The lady returned to her stall as soon as possible to help Crawford handling the enormous crowd gathered at the line.

"We will… Thank you!" Kira replied, pausing for just a moment to clear her throat. Swiftly, Kira retrieved her shopping bag from behind the counter and quickly began to bail, Failing to pause for even a moment in fear that the woman may change her mind.
    Arthur took his backpack from the counter and thanked the lady, he then soon walked after his friend who had bailed out first. "Here you go, your share." He reached out his hand which held the item towards to Kira.

"Yeah… Thanks…" Kira said in a hushed yet normal tone, claiming her bounty and stowing it away inside of her pack. "Oh my god it feels nice to speak normally again, you have no idea how hard it is to maintain that stupid voice for so long. I swear if I had to ask 'Would you like a Pecha soda as well?' one more time in that voice I think my head would have exploded." Kira ranted, her voice still somewhat hoarse.

"Hmph..." Arthur tried to hold his laugh to no avail, he then took a deep breath and continue talking. "You did a great job though, I probably wouldn't be able to do it if I were you." Wanna grab some water first? My throat is also parched.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I grabbed a couple of these while she wasn't looking." Kira admitted, pulling out a couple of Pecha sodas and nonchalantly tossed Arthur one.

"Geez… You're still the same as always. I'll pay the lady later, it's my treat since you've helped me after all." Arthur drank the soda Kira tossed at him. "So, how's your journey going?"

"Tch, she must have hit you on the head hard if you really feel the need to go back and pay her." Kira mocked, taking a drink out of her own pilfered soda. "As far as my own 'journey' all I managed to do so far is travel down a road I've been down like fifty times and get chased away by one of Wisteria's assistants. As far as I'm concerned, my journey doesn't really start till I leave here."

"Heh, enjoy your plunder Pirate Queen." Arthur took another sip of the soda. "Well, at least you didn't crash shoulder first into a signboard at 15 mph," said Arthur with a wry smile remembering the terror that had happened the day before.

Suddenly one of the Pokeballs in Arthur's possession shook very violently, a light spew out from the ball materializing as his Zen Charm Pokemon, in which he immediately does a tap dance ended with his signature twirl and pose.

"Come on Muchorin, you just entered the Pokeball earlier this morning." Muchorin didn't care at his trainer's remarks and instead lunged right into his chest. "Fine, fine, you can stay…" Arthur patted the head of the fire-type Pokemon while the Pokemon nuzzled his head at Arthur's chest.
    Kira raised her brow as the Pokemon broke free from its ball. "Did the ball break during your crash as well or what? Normally once caught they're not supposed to be able to break out that easily…" Kira remarked with a touch of concern in her voice.

"Nah, its okay Kira. It's just this little guy can't stop moving when he's in his groove. The only thing that was broken because of the accident was my glasses… And my cap… Urgh… Also, my shirt was slightly ripped." Arthur took another sip from his drink held in his free hand.

"And your shoulder… And the Sign… And your pride…" Kira continued in a teasing tone. "Seriously though, I'm not really in a position to judge you too much for getting hurt but we literally just started. You're not gonna make this a regular occurrence, are you? Cause I'm not visiting you in a hospital room every other day."

"Hopefully, the two other Pokemon I have is quite a handful. So maybe? Hahaha." Arthur laughed at his own statement. "But seriously though, I'll try my best to stay away from the hospital room, so you don't have to worry about me." Arthur ended the serious conversation with a playful wink to ease up his friend's worry.

"Right… Anyway, I think I'm gonna go ahead and head out. I still need to prep some food Azure, I picked him up a bunch of Pinap berries and while he'll eat em raw but will be grumpy if I don't do something with em. " Kira explained, holding up the cloth shopping bag from before. "I'll catch you later."

"Well honestly, I also have an appointment soon. But before that, could you give me your Holotch for a bit?"

"Why?" Kira asked, eyeing Arthur suspiciously.

"I'm just going to give my contact, just in case. I'm not a weirdo, okay?" Said Arthur trying to assure Kira that he wouldn't do anything weird.

"Then just give it to me the normal way. I know how to to use it, I'm not that dumb." Kira retorted in a rather annoyed tone.

"Fine, fine… No one is trying to mock you, you know." Arthur gave his contact details to Kira. "Well, that's my contact. Just give me a call if you need anything. Well then, I'll be going now, take care of yourself, Kira."

Arthur waved his right hand as he walked away to the city center.

"Right, See ya," Kira responded, heading off towards the Pokemon Center.​

Last edited:

Evily

Years

Entry 3-4: Nashimity Town \Day 2/{Afternoon}

Meetings, Rewards, and an Unforgettable Battle! (Part 1)

*Outside Professor's Lab*
    Momo stood outside the Professor's Lab, waiting for Arthur to arrive, Finn was in her arms, chirping as if he was singing and Pidge was on her shoulder like always, looking out for anything (mostly danger). She grabbed her holotch and lifted, looking at the time.

"I wonder where he is...he's 15 minutes late…" Momo mumbled as she looked around, hoping for her friend to arrive. 'I need to tell the Professor about the holotch findings, but also about that…'
    Pidge heard hurried footsteps and jumped onto Momo's head, looking in the direction and seeing something before pecking Momo lightly.

"What is it, boy?" Momo looked up at the tiny bird, said Pokemon lifting a wing and pointing in a certain direction, having Momo look and see the same thing her Pokemon saw.

"Sorry, I'm late phew. Running from one end to another end of the town full power isn't easy as i thought" Arthur huffed as he expended most of his energy to ran there. It was hard to run with an umbrella in his right hand but he had no choice as his hat was broken.

"It's alright, I wasn't waiting long," Momo assured him as she noticed something. His hat, glasses, and shirt were missing, revealing the t-shirt underneath. 'His glasses are gone...must have broken from the fall last night.' Fin, having noticed Arthur, chirped at the male and waved one of his paws at him while Pidge just stared.

"Oh yeah, you want some water?" asked Momo as she held out the water bottle, "And it's new, I have my own in my bag, so you don't have to worry about sharing one."

"Sure, thanks Momo." Arthur took the water bottle and then waved at Finn. "So, what are we waiting for? Shall we go then?" Arthur folded his unique choice of a parasol and smiled at Momo.

"We shall!" With her now free hand, she grabbed Arthur's unoccupied hand and pulled him with her towards the entrance. Once they were in front of the doors, Momo let go of his hand and reused it to knock on the door. She didn't hear anybody and the doors weren't open, even after waiting for a few minutes. 'Was there nobody inside?'

"Let's see if there's anybody inside, maybe they could hear the knocking," Momo suggested and opened the door, not waiting for Arthur's response. She slowly walked inside and towards the main lobby, Pidge looking around while Finn chirped, curious about the new place. The trainer noticed the bell on the counter and was about to move her hand towards it when Finn jumped out of her arm and onto the counter, staring at the bell curiously.

He sniffed it before raising a paw and tapping, coincidentally pushing a small button on top, causing it to let out a 'ring', startling Pidge, due to his hearing, and for Finn to chirp excitedly. "Finn, don't play with that." Finn looked at Momo and chirped before poking the bell once again, another ringing echoing through the establishment.

"I hope they didn't mind with the disturbance we caused." Arthur's hope immediately dropped flat as an angry man opened the door and slammed it very hard.

"Hey, stop it! Can't you see we're busy people!? If you want to play with bells then scram! Don't you dare come back!" The man tried to close the door in a hurry, but Arthur jammed it with his foot.

"I'm sorry Sir, we're pretty impolite with that constant ringing, please forgive our Pokemon. However, would you please listen to us out first, please?" Arthur tried to keep his calm handling with the researcher who appears to be very annoying.

"Listen!? Listen!? Kid, I don't have all day! I have more groundbreaking research to make and awards to win! I'm a very important person, unlike you kids who always dilly-dally wasting your time playing with Pokemons! Now go away!" The man yelled with a patronizing tone, he then tried to pull the knob and lock the door to keep the two out.

"No, we won't! We already have an appointment with the Professor, and you'll not going to stop us! Why don't you just open the door so you could finish whatever the hell you're researching right now!" Arthur yelled as he tries to keep the door open.

Momo was shocked, Finn's curiosity got the better and caused one of the researchers to lash out at them and now Arthur was in a tug-of-war with the said researcher, the door acting as the 'rope'. The researcher was… she didn't know how to describe him, but his attitude towards them wasn't pleasing in the least.

"At least hear us out!" Momo added in, quickly walking over and helping Arthur with the door, although she couldn't add on too much strength due to her weak muscles. "Can't we just come in and wait for the Professor to return, you don't have to close the door mister!"

Finn was hovering his paw over the bell, conflicted on what to do. Pidge was flapping over the teens, glaring at the researcher. He glanced back at Finn and noticed the bell before looking back at the two struggling teens and the researcher, an idea forming.

"You…! Didn't you hear me?! My research is more important than your appointment! Now. Leave!" the man seethed, putting more strength on pulling the door, closing the gap between the door.

"Just. Listen. To. Us!" Momo hissed, glaring at the door as she used up all the strength she had to help keep the door open, but she knew she wasn't making a difference and Arthur was mostly doing the work, making her mentally curse at herself.

"No. Way!" The researcher hissed back, but before he could say more, he heard the sound of the bell ringing, and the ringing continued, annoying him. He forgot momentarily about the door and swung it open with surprising force, making the teens stumble back. He glared at where the bell is at and saw a Pidgey using one of his wings to ring the bell, non-stop, beside the bird was the MudFish Pokemon, looking at the researcher confused.

"Hey! Stop ringing that!" Pidge looked over and saw the Researcher glaring at him, and he glared back, not stopping his ringing. "I said-"

"What in Arceus is going on over here?" a voice boomed and the door, which was halfway opened, was fully swung with surprising force, forcing the trainers to fall backward in a heap. The voice belonged to an average male, standing at six feet with chest-length hair tied back into a low ponytail and light blue eyes hiding behind gray glasses. He wore the typical outfit a researcher would wear, except he had a yellow sleeveless sweater over his white uniform shirt, a clipboard in one hand, the other on the door.

"These pestering kids won't leave!" hissed the researcher, pointing to the two trainers, who were starting to get up from their fall. The red-haired male looked over at them and noticed something, making him lightly smile. The Pidgey stopped ringing the bell, noticing the arrival of a newcomer.

"I'll take it from here, you go finish your research." assured the male, making the other glare at the teens before turning around with a 'tch' and returning inside, grumbling about 'troublesome kids'. "I'm sorry about him. He's very dedicated to his research, he doesn't like being bothered during his research time, as you can tell." The red-haired male nervously laughed, placing one hand on his cheek, scratching it as he recalled all the times his co-worker berate others for bothering him. "Anyways, I'm Judith McClain. And who are you two?"

"Thank you, Ma'am my name is Arthur and this is my friend Momo, we actually have an appointment with the Professor today. Is she in right now?" Arthur asked about the Professor while dusting off his clothes from the fall earlier.

"Hello, Mister." Momo waved from beside Arthur as Pidge landed on her shoulder with Finn walking up to her side, looking at the researcher curiously.

"It's nice to meet you two, Arthur, Momo. And yes, she's here in her work area. Allow me to go fetch her for you. Wait here." complied Judith before turning and opening the door. "And I'm sorry about my colleague's rudeness." He went through and closed the door behind him, leaving the teens in the lobby to await his return.

"You okay, Momo? You didn't hurt anything from the earlier fall, did you?" Arthur asked Momo worried about the earlier fall.

"Oh, me? No, I'm fine. I should be asking you that, though. Your injuries shouldn't have healed that fast, especially your back." rebutted Momo, worried over her friend. She remembered that he left early last night to get pain relievers, so his back must hurt, the fall earlier could have worsened the injury.

"Yeah, honestly my left shoulder still feels a little dodgy. But I make sure it doesn't get worse. And so far It's good… I think." Arthur sounded a bit unsure about that, after all the impact of that one frying pan that hit his left shoulder earlier this morning, honestly still hurts.

"Still, we should get it checked just in case once we finish our business with the Professor," recommended Momo before she heard the door open and looked over, seeing Mr. Judith return, but with a familiar person at his side. "Professor!" Pidge turned his head and narrowed his eyes on the woman, but he noticed how excited Finn looked to see the human, do they know her?

"Hello, Arthur and Momo! Let's talk inside, come along." the Professor ushered them inside with Judith right behind her, closing the door once all four went through. "Thanks for informing me, Judith."

"No problem Professor. I'll be on my way then. It was nice meeting you, Arthur, Momo. Maybe we'll see each other again soon." Judith turned towards another direction, but looked over to the teens, lifting a hand to wave at them.

"Hopefully, see you later Mr. Judith!" Momo waved back, Finn copying her with Pidge plainly staring.

Arthur also waved his right hand towards Mr. Judith, he then focused his attention at Professor Wisteria. "Hello Professor, it's nice to meet you after a while. Sorry, we came late." Arthur bowed slightly while laughing wryly, feeling sorry to the Professor that she had to wait for him and Momo to arrive.

"It's alright, no problem at all! I'm glad you guys came here." assured the Professor, leading the trainers to another area where there was a desk with a computer, around the room was shelves full of much different stuff, more than likely books. Nearby, there was a mini-fridge. She grabbed two chairs out of nowhere and placed them in front of her desk. "You guys can sit here. I'm sorry for the mess."

"It's fine Professor," Momo assured as she sat in one of the chairs and Finn jumped onto her lap, Pidge still perched on her shoulder. "Sorry to intrude on you like this."

"So why did you told us to come here, Professor? Do you need our help or something?" Arthur couldn't help but be curious as to why the Professor invited them to her lab.

"Oh no, everything is going well. I wanted to ask how your journey is going along. Did you try out the Holotch yet?" inquired the Professor, looking at the two trainers excitedly. "How many Pokemon have you two met so far?"

"The journey's going well Professor, we met a lot of new Pokemon and managed to catch some as well," explained Momo, glancing to her shoulder at Pidge, who was staring at the Professor. "And for the holotch, it did work! I used it to find a Munna, and indeed I found one. it's very useful."

"That's wonderful! I'm glad you like the holotch, this information is important for us." vocalized the Professor, clapping her hands. "I'm guessing you meet a lot of Pokemon on Route 301?"

"Yep, and speaking of that, this might sound disheartening, but we also came to get the berries you offered," revealed Momo, grabbing her Pokedex from her bag and placing it on the Professor's desk. "If you need to check my Pokedex, here you go."

"Ah, the request. Alright, I'll check on it right away, but first." the Professor grabbed Momo's Pokedex on one hand and then turned to Arthur. "How have you been Arthur? How is the Holotch working out? Did you also come for the berry request?"

"The Holotch actually works fine Professor, I was hesitant about using it, but thankfully it was very useful in my opinion. I didn't found a Munna, but I did find a Darumaka that I caught. And about the berry request, I encountered a Pidgey, a Hoothoot, and a Rattata. So, I think I also finished both of the requests." Arthur handed his Pokedex over to Professor Wisteria.

"Amazing! Let me check your Pokedex for a minute." The Professor grabbed the two Pokedexes and pushed some buttons for a moment before placing them down in front of their respective owners: light blue for Momo and black for Arthur. She then turned towards the computer and started typing, looking up the information she gained from the two devices via Bluetooth. "From the looks of it, you both completed the two quests. Let me go grab your rewards real quick."

The Professor stood up and walked over to the mini-fridge nearby and opened the door, grabbing two bags filled with berries. She closed the door and then walked back to her desk, placing the bags on the counter and then opened one of her drawers, pulling out four blue and yellow Pokeballs.

"Here are your rewards, that's for the research you two provided! This will help me in the future a lot." thanked the Professor as she grabbed one bag and two Pokeballs, handing it over to Arthur before grabbing the other pair and giving it to Momo. "In the bag are a couple of berries and these two Pokeballs are quick balls, they can be used to catch Pokemon right away in a battle, but you must use it immediately or its effect once moves start being thrown. And here are your Pokedexes as well."

"Thank you so much Professor!" thanked Momo as she grabbed the bag of berries. Finn tried to grab it, smelling the berries, but Momo quickly placed it inside her bag, mentally telling herself to look inside later. She also placed the quick balls inside and then grabbed her Pokedex, deciding to clip it onto her lanyard beside her Holotch for now, she would probably need to buy another lanyard, but a smaller version to tie on her belt.

Arthur was hesitant to talk about the berries, but he eventually mustered up enough courage to ask the Professor. "Professor, sorry if this sounds a bit rude but… Could I ask for some rare berries instead?"

"Rare Berries? I can get you some, and don't worry, I've been asked for them before by other trainers." the Professor assured as she grabbed the untouched bag and stood up, returning them to the fridge before grabbing a separate bag, this one with the label 'Rare'. She returned and placed the bag in front of Arthur. "Here you go! Anything else before moving to the next topic?"

"Nope, sorry to bother you, Professor." Arthur took the bag with him.

"Alright, then let's get to the next topic!" Wisteria clapped her hands, smiling at the two teens, "I'm sorry this is sudden but is it possible for you two to battle one of my assistants each?"

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Nashimity Town, morning

Waking up early gave Edison plenty of time to get ready and get breakfast before the Center started getting busy. Which was good, because Addie ate more than N.D. and Rem combined. Keeping the Professor's advice in mind, he made sure Addie's food had extra Pecha Berries in it, a request the staff were happy to oblige. Afterwards, he let Addie walk beside him as he headed back toward the Professor's lab. "Maybe we can do some more work for her, and maybe she'll reward us with some more berries!" He was joking, but only a little. He wanted to hold onto the Berries she'd given him yesterday, for the road or an emergency.

When he arrived at the lab, he noticed one of the Professor's assistants out in the courtyard. He vaguely recalled the man's name was Reese, and he would occasionally stop by the Academy on an errand for Wisteria. Reese offered a friendly wave as Edison approached. "Hey buddy! Uh... Ed, right?"

Edison stopped to chat, even if it was just to get his name right. "Edison, yes. Just stopping by to see Professor Wisteria."

"Right, Edison, gotcha." Reese rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. "That's gonna be tricky, though. The Prof's out right now, didn't say when she'd be back."

"Oh. That's... rather unfortunate, really. I appreciate you telling me, though." Edison turned to leave, stroking his chin in thought. "I have some time to kill, then... Perhaps I'll stop by the museum?"

Reese perked up a bit. "Hey, I have an idea! How'd you like to help me with an experiment?"

Edison spun back around, an excited gleam in his eye. "An experiment, you say? What sort of experiment?"

Reese laughed at Edison's exuberance. "Well, Prof says you won't get many chances to battle in town, so I'm out here trying out a new strategy! Want to help me test out some moves?"

Little did Reese know, but that was exactly the sort of experiment in which Edison would love to participate. "I would love to! I presume I just take this spot here, then?"

Reese grinned, grabbing a Pokeball from his pocket. "Yeah, man! Use as many Pokemon as you want, and I'll use mine. I warn you, though... I only need the one!" He tossed the Pokeball, revealing a Clefable.

"Ooh, that's an interesting one!" Addie waddled onto the field, ready to throw down. Edison pulled up his Holotch display, getting a readout of the two Pokemon.

"Heh, you like that thing, huh?"

"Oh, very much! It's wonderfully useful, and very techy. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff."

Spoiler:

Reese let out a breath he'd been holding, returning Clefable to its ball. "Great fight, man! What did you think of my strategy?"

Edison returned N.D., stroking his chin. "It's an effective strategy, for sure. Between the Moonlight and the seemingly endless amount of fruit, Clefable just keeps getting back up, especially with Detect. Copycat lets you turn the opponent's attacks right back at them, so the toxin doesn't have to do all the work. It's quite the puzzle, dare I say worthy of a Gym challenge." Reese's face lit up at the comparison.

"...however." Edison lifted a finger in declaration. "It seems there is a notable weakness in your plan. Not Synchronize, which is a wrench even I didn't anticipate being thrown, but Steel types. Their immunity to Poison, as well as the Poison type's immunity to being poisoned. If you face either a Steel or Poison type, your plan can't go off. If I may, I'd recommend replacing Copycat with an offensive move. Preferably a Ground type, as it will really hurt both types immune to Toxic. Other than that, the fight was fantastic!"

Reese laughed. "Here I thought I was going to teach you a lesson, but it was me that got schooled!" He sobered quickly, offering a hand and an apologetic smile. "Sorry about your Munchlax. He kinda fell for the trick hard, but the rest of your team did a solid job!"

Edison accepted the handshake, giving a smile of his own. "Don't feel too bad. It was fun to see their moves interact! I'm going to stop by the Pokemon Center before I head out. Maybe I'll see you later on, down the road?"

Reese grinned at that. "Bet on it, man! The Prof always has a job for me!"

Edison headed back up to the Center, waving over his shoulder at Reese.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

• Willow White
    Route 301
    kTKF0Ou.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Chapter 1-3 | Ending

A strong gust of wind hit Willow from behind. A Tropius landed heavily and its tall blonde rider dismounted gracefully.

"'Scuse me," she said, striding toward Willow. "What are you doing?"

An annoyed sigh slipped past Willow's lips as she turned to face her whoever was questioning her. Her eyes widened as she stared at the woman who slid off the Tropius, the purple-haired teen quickly recognizing the jacket she was wearing. A series of muffled swears fell out of her lips all the while.

"I was… defendin' myself," Willow quickly fired off, her mind racing quickly to put together some sort of excuse for what the ranger had obviously just witnessed. "Those Pidgey just started attackin' me and my Popplio outta nowhere and… and…"

The woman shook her head, long ponytail swaying behind her. She seemed disappointed. "I've been patrolling the area. Kinyo has regulations about this, you know. Trainer's license, please."

Willow stared at the woman in silence, her eyes fixated on her as she approached. Every word that the ranger spoke seemed to completely zoom right by the teenager as she focused instead on the sight before her. The woman was tall… obviously strong and toned, as the clothing she wore underneath her jacket seemed to cling tightly to her, leaving very little for Willow to actually imagine. A faint blush graced the trainer's cheeks as she seemingly snapped back to reality, her eyes blinking slowly as if she just came out of some kind of daze.

"I uh… s-sorry, did you say somethin'...?" Willow asked, confusion evident in her voice.

"I need to scan your trainer's license," the ranger gestured with a small handheld device.

"Right, right…" Willow sighed. The girl reached into her pocket, pulling out the license as the ranger requested. "Of course, I get caught right out of the gate… Is it really that big of a deal? They're just a bunch of stupid Pidgey, it ain't like they're some kinda of endagered species or some shit…" She paused in her thoughts as she handed the ranger the license, the blush returning to her cheeks in full force. "Arceus, why the hell does she have to be that hot…?"

The little machine beeped twice as it filed away Willow's information. The ranger handed the license back. "Mahono Academy? Professor Wisteria teaches there, doesn't she?"

Willow nodded, her eyes rolling slightly at the mention. "Yeah, yeah… she's there… What about her?"

The ranger's voice turned steely. "Then you are fully aware that what you are doing is unacceptable and could result in a revocation of your license. Come with me."

Willow sighed in response. She took Mana's Poké Ball, recalling the Popplio back into it, before following the ranger towards her Tropius. As she approached, the teenager noticed just how large the winged-Pokémon was. Of course, it made sense for the ranger to have a most likely top of the line Pokémon like a Tropius as her partner, but it did little to ease Willow's nerves about the whole thing.

"I um… I ain't that good with heights…" she quickly mumbled out.

The ranger's expression softened a touch. "We'll stay low. It's a short flight." She motioned to the saddle. "Get on in front, I'll make sure you don't fall."

Willow nodded in response, her heart racing at the sight of the woman's facial features. The teenager quickly lowered her gaze to the ground, trying her best to not make eye contact with the ranger, as she slowly climbed onto her Tropius' back. The ranger hopped up far more gracefully, boxing Willow in with her strong thighs. Toned arms reached past her to pick up the reins.

"Are you ready?" she asked, voice low in Willow's ears. Willow's body tensed up at the woman's touch, the teenager positive that if she offered a vocal response it would be absolute nonsense… or highly embarrassing. Instead, the trainer merely nodded dumbly. "Let's go, Michel."

The ranger was right- the flight was short. Michel made it as smooth as it could be, mostly gliding just above the twisting path. Willow closed her eyes, trying to keep her mind distracted with other things besides the flight. It was a process that proved to be quite difficult. Her mind started to drift to the strong thighs of the ranger that held her from falling off the Tropius… the toned arms that directed the creature which way to go… Willow's eyes suddenly snapped open with the realization that she was about to lean back into the ranger! Willow's tanned face was now beet-red as she shifted in her seat slightly, realizing that it seemed the ranger didn't seem to notice what had just happened. If she had, she wasn't saying anything about it. Before she knew it, the ranger was helping her dismount in front of Wisteria's lab and ushering her inside.

"Professor Wisteria?" the ranger called as they entered the lab.

"Ah- over here!" Wisteria popped up from behind a haphazard pile of books. The ranger led Willow over.

"I found this student of yours using brute force out on Route 301."

"Willow White!" Wisteria began, seemingly on the verge of a lecture. Willow opened her mouth to retaliate, but before she could, Wisteria sighed and shook her head.

"I knew this would happen." Willow's mouth snapped closed. "I really thought we could change that attitude of yours… that Unovan way of thinking… I'm sorry. I'll be putting in the paperwork to revoke your license tonight. You'll have to go to Rustboro for your remedial classes. You can reapply for your license a year from now."

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Carmelion Beach

Welcome to the beach - where you can play in the sand, make a splash in the cold glistening seawater. Although it had just recently re-opened, the beach is already filled with parasols and people. Various stalls have been set up, ranging from an ice-cream truck to a simple plastic chair and table advertising lemonade. The beach stretches on for only a short while, the boardwalk from Route 302 connecting with the entrance into Akurnai City.

Despite the crowd, swimming is only allowed in two designated areas which have netting in the water due to the strong current of the sea as well as to prevent accidental encounters between Pokémon and people. One of these Pokémon is Pyukumuku, which can be found washed up alongside the shore outside of the designated swimming areas. People occasionally chuck them back into the water so that the little guys don't dry out. Towards the city, there's a section of rocky shore where you can probably find some Pokémon scuttling along. If not, there's bound to be Pokémon in the occasional clouds of sand spotted on the beach.

Trainers To The Rescue!
    The ice-cream truck has stopped selling ice-cream. To keep the truck cool, the owner, a rather chubby man, has been using a couple of Vanillite to help keep the truck cold so that he can keep selling refreshingly cold ice-cream. However, after returning from his lunch break, both of the Vanillite were gone. Hey, you're a trainer! You can handle Pokémon! Get to it! The treat-deprived beach-goers will be inclined to appreciate trainers if you succeed. [OOC: You must JP for this if more than one person is interested.]
    - Task: Track down and return both Vanillite.
    - Reward: NeverMeltIce, a Casteliacone

Not Your Typical Lemonade Stand I
    An aggressively sales-oriented child is targeting anyone that passes by. The tools they offer to rent you are simple plastic affairs- a shovel, a sand sifter, and a bucket. It's a bit pricy, but the child assures you that the fossils you can find are worth the rental price. Besides, they'll refund your money if you let them keep at least two fossils. Deal? [OOC: One hour spent sifting sand equals one fossil found. You may spend up to five hours doing this, but they have to all be at once. You may also do other short tasks (catching a Pokémon, maybe), but your main focus is digging. Each fossil you find will be randomly generated from non-Galarian fossils, excluding Old Amber. The child will take any you don't want.]
    - Task: Dig up some fossils.
    - Reward: the joy of manual labor Fossils!

Not Your Typical Lemonade Stand II
    What does the child do with all the extra fossils? They run a swap shop! You find this out when you go to return your rented tools and/or get a refund. You might find something more to your taste in their inventory, if you haven't dug up anything cool. [OOC: If you would like to do this, you must do it directly after NYTLS I. This is only available if other players have turned in fossils before your character returns to the stand. You may exchange TWO fossils you've dug up yourself for ONE abandoned fossil. This does require planning with other players on timing, but only really for inventory management.]
    - Task: Exchange two fossils.
    - Reward: A fossil of your choice from the selection offered. [Ask Anna]

Pokémon - Carmelion Beach

2WQQsJD.png
    DexPokémonLevelRarityMethod
    latest
    #37Wingull3 - 5CommonSand Cloud
    latest
    #39Krabby3 - 5CommonSand Cloud
    latest
    #41Sandygast3 - 6UncommonSand Cloud
    latest
    #43Dwebble5-Holotch
    latest
    #45Pyukumuku5-Special

Akurnai City

Walking onward from the beach, Akurnai's tall apartments lie ahead. This is Kinyo's third-largest city, but fastest developing. Construction sites litter the city as cranes emerge out of the city's skyline, constantly at work. Arriving from the northern side, a large boulevard stretches from the city's edge right to the heart of the city where a once grand but now dilapidated wooden building lies: the Pokémon Gym. Walking around the centre of the city, the gym is literally overshadowed by the various office buildings as Akurnai residents busy about, barely having time for fun during the day. On the westward end of the city lies the city's latest project, the Hoyo Bridge, stretching from Akurnai City over to the Rustboro City in Hoenn. However, the ambitious project is still underway.

Akurnai truly shines once the sun sets. The quiet streets and avenues become filled with people, neon lights flicker from the buildings and buskers perform on the streets, making the city one big entertainment complex. There's a place for everything in Akurnai's nightlife, with separate department stores dedicated to clothes, gadgets, food and more. For the more adventurous, bars and nightclubs can be found tucked away in Akurnai's alleyways if you want to hit the local drinking scene (not that you're allowed to!).

On the city's southside near the docks lies an amusement park filled with lights, displays and rides to enjoy. A large ferris wheel allows you to get a 360-degree view of the whole city - you can even see Hoenn from the view! That said, it only opens in the afternoon each day.

REQUIRED EVENT [Day 3]
    Rush hour in Akurnai is hectic. People are walking, talking, shouting, tripping, laughing, but most of all finally heading home after the day's work. It's easy to get swept up in the strange patterns of movement and be drawn further into the city, all the way to the gathered crowd in the very center. A portable stage frames the backdrop of Akurnai's dilapidated gym. Four chairs make a neat semi-circle just behind a podium in the center of the stage. Various people circle the charis' occupants, exchanging items and touching up makeup.

At precisely five-fifteen in the evening, floodlights flicker on and are turned inward, illuminating the stage. One of the four stands as a booming voice announces Kinyo's favorite presenter- Ravenna! The audience cheers. Ravenna leans casually on the podium, shooting the crows a dazzling smile.
    "Aw, thank you everyone! Nice to see you all out for us today!" Some whoops and clapping from the crowd. "I have some special guests with me here! Your mayor, Lawrence Hardt! You gym leader, Deidre! And your regional champion… Casimir!"

The strength of applause for Mayor Hardt and Casimir are equal, and almost as enthusiastic as for Ravenna herself. Deidre, however, is not given nearly as much attention. Ravenna continues speaking over the worrying amount of wolf-whistles in Casimir's direction.

"Now you've probably noticed our backdrop by now-" she gestures behind her at the low building that has housed Akurnai's Pokémon Gym for decades. "Well, we're all here to talk about exactly that! Casimir, how'd you like to start us out?"

Ravenna turns the podium over to Casimir with a mock bow. He sticks his tongue out at her. Laughter bubbles up from the gathered crowd at their antics. It's a well known fact that the two are good friends.

Casimir quickly turns serious for the audience, though, and flips through a small stack of notecards. "As we all know, Kinyo's great tradition of Pokémon training has suffered a great decline in the last seven years. Despite the hard work put in by members of the Pokémon League and all its supporters, the number of trainers continues to dwindle. As of two days ago, even the esteemed Mahono Academy has closed its doors for the final time."
    Not many people had known, but most seem unconcerned. A few murmurs of regret born of nostalgia float through the crowd.

"The last graduating class is making their way to Akurnai at this very moment. No trainers from abroad have submitted applications to challenge Kinyo's Pokémon League." Casimir looks agonized as he continues. "This is all pointing toward a true end for the culture of Pokémon training in this region."
    He takes an audible deep breath. Sympathy ripples through the watchers. Their champion has been struggling with this decline for far too long, for someone who loves training as much as he does.

"Akurnai as a city is making a name for itself throughout the Kinyo region. Space inside the core city is in high demand. Considering-" Casimir clears his throat an begins again. "Considering all of this. It has been decided that the Pokémon Gym is to be demolished and replaced with a new development."
    The audience is mostly silent. Residents have seen this coming for a few years now.

"Leader Deidre-" Casimir gestures to the pale woman in one of the chairs behind him. "-will be taking challenges at the Vinylace Gym starting two days from now."

Casimir sighs and makes one last statement before taking his seat. "Thank you for your support over the years."

The gathered crowd applauds as Ravenna again takes the podium. "Thank you, Champion Casimir! Now, the next question that's obviously on everyone's minds is- what's going to replace the old gym? Well, basically… it's going to be amazing! The coolest part is that it's going to be the tallest building in Akurnai once it's finished, but we have Mayor Hardt here to go into all the fantastic details!"

Mayor Hardt replaces Ravenna at the podium. He's clearly enthusiastic to be talking about the plans for the sixty-story skyscraper. Shops, restaurants, public-use spaces, private offices and apartments- this building is going to have everything you could ever dream of, right in the heart of Akurnai! There's a lot more detail and some discussion of polls and economics, but what catches the eye of many is the silent and abrupt departure of Leader Deidre from the stage. Mayor Hardt either doesn't notice or doesn't care, but some of the crowd scorn her behavior. "Just runnin' back to that bar of hers, I bet," a few people scoff.

The edges of the crowd begin to feather as the gathered audience gets bored and decide they'd rather be going home. The mayor finishes his speech to far less noise than he began.

Eventually, everyone is swept away, back out into the now eerily quiet city.

Where's Deidre? [Day 3, Night]
    Nice, you made it to Akurnai! You get to have your first gym battle! But… where's the gym leader? You've heard that she moonlights as a bartender, so maybe you should check some of Akurnai's dive bars. There's four that seem pretty likely. Oh, but… you're not eighteen yet, are you? How are you going to get in to look for Deidre? [OOC: All three bars must be checked, so at least three people must do this task. JPs are great but not necessary, even if you're going to the same place. Bars are currently only known as 1, 2, and 3. Decide who is going where in the Discord/OOC thread. GMs will hand out more information once everyone has chosen a number.]
    - Task: Sneak into a bar.
    - Reward: The promise of a gym battle on Day 4!

The Docks

The docks are by far Akurnai's busiest place to be during the day - the movement of cranes, people and cargo ships populate the area. You can meet all sorts of people here!

The Hoyo (Hoenn-Kinyo) Bridge is an ambitious project organised between Hoenn and Kinyo in an effort to bridge the two regions together. Although it's predicted it won't be finished for another two years, the construction site looms over the harbour. Even though it's not complete, the general aesthetic of the bridge can be seen - a suspension bridge with a sparkling pearl white colour.

The seaside amusement park opens at 4pm on the dot every day and closes at 2am. Hit up the ferris wheel for a wheelie good time!

Someone To Rock Her World!
    Down near the docks there's a rather disheartened-looking young woman standing near the Hoyo Bridge's construction site. Upon talking to her, she introduces herself as Roxanne, and is visiting Akurnai to help out with the bridge's construction. That said, as the sun settles and the day's work reaches an end, Roxanne can't help but wish she had someone to go on a date with to the amusement park - would you help a gal out? [OOC: One person or group only! Talk to your castmates!]
    - Task: Find a date for Roxanne.
    - Reward: Rocky Helmet

The Gym

A sad, dilapidated wooden building in the heart of Akurnai, overshadowed and overlooked by all its residents.

VS Deidre [Day 4]
    Deidre's been convinced to open her gym for one last day to accommodate Mahono Academy's last graduating class. Show up to the gym at your convenience sometime before 5:00pm. [OOC: Schedule times with fellow cast members!]
    - Task: Battle Deidre.
    - Reward: A badge, maybe!

Pokémon - Akurnai City

2WQQsJD.png
    DexPokémonLevelRarityMethod
    latest
    #46Lillipup4 - 6Common (☀️)
    Uncommon (🌒)
    Akurnai City
    latest
    #9Hoothoot4 - 6Common (🌒)Akurnai City
    latest
    #49Natu4 - 6Uncommon (☀️)Akurnai City
    latest
    #51Meowth5 - 7UncommonAkurnai City
    latest
    #53Trubbish5 - 7UncommonAkurnai City
    latest
    #55Zorua6-Holotch

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann & Momoka Kuchiki
    Professor Wisteria's Lab, Nashimity Town

Meetings, Rewards, and an Unforgettable Battle! (Part 2)

Momo and Arthur, along with the Professor and her assistants, walked over to the battlefield outside the lab, ready to begin the test.

Momo stood on one side of the battlefield with Judith on the other side. In between the two was Finn and Clefable, Judith's Pokemon.

"Are both challengers ready?" called Wisteria, looking in between the teen and Judith, both nodding and calling out their confirmations. "Let the battle trial between Momoka Kuchiki and Judith Tokai begin!"

"Toxic!" Right away, Clefable spat out a blob of purple goo at Finn, hitting right on and causing him to glow purple for a sec before disappearing. Finn flinched at the attack, stumbling a bit before righting himself, glaring at the opposing Pokemon.

"Finn, are you alright?" Finn chirped in affirmation, "Alright use Growl!" Momo couldn't waste time, with Finn poisoned, they only had a fixed time before he's out. Finn opened his mouth and let out a loud growl, lowering Clefable's attack. Right after, however, Finn flinched when he glowed purple lightly which indicated that the poison started to kick in, taking some of his health away.

"Copycat!" Clefable glowed before opening her mouth and letting out a growl, lowering Finn's attack. Finn shook off the goosebumps from the growl and took a couple of steps forward.

"Water Gun!" Finn's cheeks bloated up before he opened and let loose a shower of water, hitting Clefable dead on. Said Pokemon cried out as she was pushed back, landing on her back a bit aways. Right away, however, she pulled out some half-eaten food and ate it, earning some of her health back. 'Leftovers?! This is not good…' Again, the poison kicked in, taking some of Finn's health away. Finn stopped in his run, flinching when the effects kicked in, causing Momo to frown a bit.

"Finn, use Ice Ball!" Finn summoned a ball of ice and jumped to Clefable's left, hoping to hit her right away, and just as he was gonna hurl it at the other Pokemon…

"Detect!" Clefable created a shield as she turned, blocking the ice ball and destroying it upon impact. The shards laid at her feet as Finn let out a defeated chirp, shocked his ice ball was blocked. The shock was replaced with pain as the effects kicked in. Like last time, she ate another leftover, restoring more hp and Finn losing more from the poison.

"Copycat!" Clefable glowed lightly before forming an ice ball similar to Finn's and hurled it, hitting Finn. Finn, still in pain from the poison, was unable to dodge and was pushed backward, landing on his back with a cry. The Mudfish Pokemon slowly stood up, a bit wobbly.

"Finn, can you still fight boy?" Finn turned his head and nodded, determined to try and win, earning a small smile from his trainer, but it vanished when she turned her sight on the opposing Pokemon and her trainer. "Water Gun!" Finn stood on his hind legs and shot another shower of water, hitting Clefable in the face and causing her to be pushed back a couple of feet, causing more damage than normal. "A direct hit!"

"Alright Finn, we are almost there!" Momo assured, but when she looked towards her Pokemon, she noticed his tired expression and his legs are a bit wobbly. She was confused for a second before realizing that the poison took effect once again. "Finn!" At his name, he fell to the ground, unconscious from the toll of the poison.

"Mudkip is unable to battle! Clefable wins the first round!" announced Wisteria.

"So the poison was too much for him…" mumbled Judith as Clefable restored her health with another leftover, watching as Momo called back Finn before calling out Pidge, who landed in the same spot as the Mudfish, glaring at Clefable. He heard everything from his Pokeball, this Pokemon must be strong if Finn was defeated so quickly.

"Ice Ball!" Clefable created a ball out of ice in-between her hands and hurled it at Pidge, who jumped and flapped, flying right over the attack. He soared over the field, keeping a careful eye on his opponent. He couldn't underestimate her!

"Pidge, Sand Attack!" The Tiny bird Pokemon landed behind Clefable, causing the Pokemon to turn, and used his claws to throw sand at her. Clefable moves her arms upward to shield her eyes as her accuracy lowered. Again, the leftovers came and went, restoring its owner's health. Pidge narrowed his eyes as he watched, letting out a squawk.

"Toxic!" Clefable chirped before sent another blob of purple goo, similar to the first one. She turned towards Pidge and threw it, aimed directly at the bird Pokemon.

"Pidge, dodge it!" Pidge flew upwards, dodging the blob, but Clefable sent another one as he was flying, hitting his back and causing the bird to get poisoned. Pidge flinched as he felt the effects and started to fly slower than normal, Momo noticing and frowned. 'So he also got poisoned, that's not good.'

"Air Cutter!" Pidge turned mid-flight and swung its wings, creating light blue blades of air and sending them towards Clefable, who was hit by a couple of them, the Pokemon trying to cover her face with her arms. Pidge smirked once the attack hit, but flinched from the poison, his health trickling away at each turn. Clefable ate a half-eaten apple, restoring her health once again, and turned to where Pidge is, awaiting her trainer's command.

"Another Pidge and try it behind her!" Pidge squawked as he soared behind the Pokemon and flapped, creating more blades of wind. He flapped once again and send them hurling at the unsuspecting Pokemon, or so he thought.

"Quickly! Detect behind!" Clefable quickly turned at the command and summoned a shield, blocking the blades in time. The poison and leftovers kicked in, their respective hosts losing and gaining health, Pidge flinching as Clefable ate.

"Copycat!" Clefable swung her arms and send the same blades of air towards Pidge, who soared away, but not without getting hit by a few, earning a painful cry. The poison and leftovers, once again, helped or burdened their hosts. Pidge flinched, the poison only adding to the pain his body was in.

"Pidge, are you alright?" Pidge turned and squawked at Momo with a nod before turning towards Clefable with a glare. "Are you sure?" Pidge squawked once again but in a sharper tone. He didn't want to withdraw now, especially since he had the battle to finish! "So stubborn… Another Air Cutter!" Pidge flapped his wings at the Clefairy, sending another barrage of blades and hitting her with most of them. Clefable cried out as dust kicked up when some blades hit the ground. Once the smoke cleared, they could see Clefable eating more leftovers and Pidge flinching from the poison.

"Copycat!" Clefable sent another barrage of blades, hitting Pidge dead on and causing him to fall to the ground with a cry, dust kicking up as he landed.

"Pidge!" Momo called out, hoping he'd respond, but the silence was all the replied. Once the dust settled, Pidge was seen fainted.

"Pidge has fainted! The Winner is Judith and Clefable!" announced the Professor, causing the two competitors to sigh, but for different reasons. Momo slowly picked up Pidge as Judith walked over, Clefable at his side.

"That was a good battle Momo. I hope to battle you again in the future," commented Judith, smiling as Momo looked up and gave him a half-smile, her eyes expressing different emotions.

"Thanks, Mr. Judith. I hope so too." Momo uttered out, saddened that her first battle was a loss. Had she not trained them enough? Was it her? As these thoughts swirled in her mind, she didn't notice Judith coming closer. A hand landed on her head, stopping her train of thoughts.

"Momo, there are many challenges out there and you might win some or lose others. There's nothing wrong with losing, it's like the mistakes made in the past. We just have to learn from both and hope to improve past them. Don't think it was you that failed, you're still new and inexperience, admitting your loss and learning from it is one of the things that makes a good trainer." Judith smiled before rubbing his neck with a sheepish smile, "Someone told me that awhile back, I hope it helped."

"...Yeah, I think it did." Momo smiled, her old thoughts pushed back as she thought about the words he said. They were inspiring and, in a way, very true. But she felt like she heard them before.

"We should move to the sidelines, its Arthur and Craig's turn," Judith advised as he and Momo walked over to where the others were, the Professor was smiling excitedly with a clipboard in hand.

"That was an amazing battle you two! I can see how much training they went through, even though Momo's team lost. Keep up the training!" Wisteria encouraged, smiling brightly at the girl, who smiled back and nodded.

"You did great Momo, there's no shame in your performance. It was marvelous, wish me good luck okay? I'm not even sure I'll be able to beat Mr. Craig haha… Here, a little bit of something from me, sorry if it's not as cold as when I took it from a vending machine earlier." Arthur threw a lemonade towards Momo, hoping that it would at least cheer her up. He then patted her shoulder as he went to the field to face Mr.Craig.

Evily

Years

Entry 3-4: Nashimity Town \Day 2/{Afternoon}

Meetings, Rewards, and an Unforgettable Battle! (Part 3)

"Well, well… Let's just begin now, shall we? I believe you could show me a spectacular performance, so show me all you got. Go, Dede!" Craig's first choice Pokemon was a Dwebble.

"Thanks, Mr. Craig I'll try to reach your expectations. Go, Muchorin!." Arthur threw his Pokeball and with it, the Zen Charm Pokemon started dancing when he entered the battlefield but he soon stopped after he saw the enemy Pokemon. "Muchorin, Rollout!"

"Sorry Arthur, but that's a bad choice. "Dede, use Sand Attack!"

As the Zen Charm Pokemon rolled as fast as he could towards the Rock Inn Pokemon, only for it to eat grains of sand for its trouble. However, Darumaka seemed to be in a panicked state after it had lost its sight.

"Muchorin, calm down." Arthur tried to calm down his Pokemon but to no avail. It suddenly used a Flame Wheel out of desperation which unfortunately was deflected by Dede who and tucked itself away in its rock shell using Withdraw.

"Knowing your Pokemon is a Darumaka, I already predicted the chance that he won't stay still. After all one of its abilities that it has is Hustle… And seeing it for myself, I glad I took precautions." It seemed that Mr.Craig already had a strategy in combating Arthur's Darumaka since the battle started, and it proved to be quite effective.

Muchorin panicked once more, this time he flailed his arm everywhere confused with the situation. While the Dwebble hit it with a Fury Cutter causing the Zen Charm Pokemon to be angry but don't know where to hit the opponent.

"Tch… Muchorin, Rollout!" The Zen Charm Pokemon rolled with high speed to the source of the noise he could hear other than its trainer, but Dwebble easily jumped over the Pokemon leaving it to be crashed against the ground far away from it.

"Tsk… Tsk… You're not going anywhere with that strategy Arthur. Dwebble is deceptively fast and with your Pokemon unable to see, blindly attacking would be no good. Use your brain and carefully concoct a strategy, put your Pokemon's strength to good use. Even in a harsh situation like this, a real Pokemon Trainer always able to find out a solution." Mr.Craig tried to encourage Arthur to rethink his strategy.

But what? What can I possibly do in this situation? Damn it… Arthur was desperate but he didn't achieve any understanding of what he supposed to do at the situation. However, the sight of the struggling Muchorin urged him to use all of the brain capability he had. Calm down, this won't do anything good… Blind… Blind… Arthur had not gotten the answer he wanted yet, but at least some measures would go well to prevent Muchorin from being fainted without a fight.

"Muchorin, calm down!" Arthur yelled at his Pokemon, which managed to stop it from doing more rash decisions.

"Dede, Fury Cutter!" Mr.Craig told his Dwebble to do another Fury Cutter, but the noise from when it launched itself alerted the still blinded Muchorin who then pirouetted to the side. The act itself surprised Mr.Craig who was looking dumbfounded at how the Darumaka dodged the move.

"Retaliate Muchorin, Flame Wheel!" Using the sound Dede made when it landed after failed Fury Cutter attempt, Muchorin tried to hit Dede but missed by only a hair. However, he now landed gracefully while doing its signature middle finger wiggling taunt.

"So you've found a way to beat Dede, eh? Unfortunately, it won't go as easy as you hoped. Dede, Fury Cutter again!" Dede launched itself again at Muchorin in an effort to end the opposition's fighting, this time Muchorin accepted the hit head-on.

"Muchorin, Flame Wheel!" Dede was surprised when the Zen Charm Pokemon retaliated instantly with a Flame Wheel, knocking the Rock Inn Pokemon back quite considerably.

"So trading blows strategy, eh? By making sure Dede hits her attack, you also make sure Muchorin gets his blows in too… Smart, but I'll end this! Fury Cutter!"

"Sorry to break your expectation Mr.Craig, but I'm just an inexperienced trainer making adjustments on the fly. Flame Wheel!"

Both attacks hit the opponent head-on, but Flame Wheel came on top, which knocked Dede away once more. The two hits Muchorin made appear to affect the Dwebble, but Muchorin also started huffing, he looks tired but he tried to ensure his trainer that he is fine.

"Sorry Arthur, however, it won't be enough. Fury Cutter!" Dede followed its trainer's order and rushed towards the Zen Charm Pokemon, this time the green glow in its claw grow even bigger than Arthur expected.

Arthur hesitated using Flame Wheel at the sight and opt for a different approach instead, he opted instead to stop Dede from hitting the massive pincher by avoiding close-range combat. "Incinerate!"

Muchorin inhaled the air from his surroundings, then exhaled a powerful breath of fire engulfing the Rock Inn Pokemon that ran towards him, seemingly deterred it from using the Fury Cutter. However, Dede pushed through the pain and hit the Zen Charm Pokemon with the green energy cutter hitting it with a devastating attack, this time sending the Darumaka crashing back first against the ground, creating a big crater and dust clouds surrounding it.

"Muchorin!" Arthur panicked at the effect of the attack, it was a Bug-type move yet it hit Muchorin like a truck. No silhouette was able to be detected by the young trainer, it would seem that his Pokemon took too much damage and now is laying on the ground, motionless.

"It's too bad, you and Muchorin had put u--" Just as Mr.Craig was trying to console Arthur at his Pokemon's defeat, suddenly a faint noise could be heard from the crater.

"...Ma…Ka..." A silhouette could be seen at the dust, the figure slowly raised it's body up… As the dust clear Muchorin slowly stands up. Everyone who attended could watch as the Zen Charm Pokemon barely able to muster his strength to raise his body up.

Arthur was extremely worried at its Darumaka attempted defiance against his own body condition to take down Dede. "It's enough Muchorin, you already did well… Now rest." Arthur was seriously about resting Muchorin, however, he turned silent when his Darumaka wiggled his middle finger once more, taunting the Rock Inn Pokemon despite all of the punishment it already took. Leaving Arthur to wryly smile at his antics. "Stubborn until the very end, but I don't necessarily hate that." Arthur decided to let his Darumaka do his last-ditch attempt at beating Dede.

Mr. Craig smiled at this sight. "You have a great Pokemon Arthur, you should cherish him… However, it doesn't mean that I'll let you win. Dede, camp out and retaliate!" The Dwebble took a retaliating stance, prepared to knock the Zen Charm Pokemon out if he attempted an attack.

"Let's go, strike her Muchorin!"

Muchorin ran with the last energy he had preparing to strike the Rock Inn Pokemon. When both of them were in the striking range of each other, Dede pulled out his pincher appeared to be ready to decimate Muchorin.

"Muchorin, back dash. Incinerate!" Muchorin back dashed to the surprise of Dede, in which her attack attempt was failed miserably, leaving her to eat the brunt of the flame the Zen Charm Pokemon spout from its mouth. This time Dwebble was stumbling badly due to the flames, before finally falling to the ground.

"Dwebble is unable to battle! Darumaka wins the first round!" announced Wisteria.

"Yes!" Arthur threw his right hand to the air, feeling happy that his struggling Pokemon managed to at least bring one opponent down with it.

"Dang…" Mr.Craig put Dwebble back in it's Pokeball. "You did great Arthur, but let's see if you could survive this. Go, Lili!" The next Pokemon Mr.Craig called out to the battlefield was a Swirlix.

"Well… Let's just do our best to whittle the Swirlix down for our teammates, Muchorin." Muchorin understood it had no chance in eliminating the Swirlix before he goes down first, but with his sight mostly recovered, at least he could hit the Cotton Candy Pokemon with his arsenal before going down. "Muchorin, charge!"

Muchorin ran towards Lili, ignoring the pain it currently felt from the damage it already took. Lili followed suit and also ran towards Muchorin.

"Flame Wheel!" With its body engulfed in fiery embers, Muchorin rolled in high speed knocking the Cotton Candy Pokemon very high and far away. However, it seemed that Mr.Craig already anticipated it.

"Lili, use your sticky threads to catch Muchorin and use Tackle." Lili used the white thread that had caught Muchorin and used it to pull herself forward before dropping herself to the prone Muchorin below, knocking him out cold.

"Muchorin is unable to battle! Lili wins the second round!" announced Wisteria.

"You did well little guy… Now take your well-deserved rest." Arthur recalled his partner that already did his best in this battle. However, now he is faced with the choice of picking one of his two partners to face Swirlix. "Wait… Mr. Craig, that blue thing in her hands. That's Oran Berry isn't it?" Arthur realized the item's presence when he inspected Swirlix more carefully.

"Yup, you're absolutely correct. I want to show you how items could potentially alter a result of a Pokemon battle. In this case, you probably already understand that Oran Berry could restore the health of a Pokemon that almost fainted. However, Pokemon that is given a berry would only use it when it is in danger, so they won't eat the berry if they're healthy enough." Mr. Craig explained to Arthur.

"So if I knock Lili before she ate the berry, there won't be any issue right?" Arthur asked Mr. Craig while he started to smirk. It seemed that Arthur already found an answer on how to beat the Cotton Candy Pokemon.

"W-What? Uh… You're not wrong technically. but… No, that will be impossible, not on my watch...." Mr. Craig was flustered with what Arthur implied, he didn't think Arthur would be that confident at knocking Lili.

"Let's see about that after this one. Go, Braveheart!" Beldum came out of its ball, looking confident as ever. "Come here a little bit, Pal," Arthur called the Beldum to his side, briefly whispering what appeared to be a strategy to beat Lili, Beldum nodded as soon as it was done. Arthur ended the exchange by throwing the bent spoon Kirk gave him which stuck itself on the bottom part of the Iron Ball Pokemon."

"Is that Twisted Spoon? I see… So you also have an item too. However, it won't be sufficient to beat Lili. Come, Arthur!" Mr. Craig challenged Arthur to come and attack Lili. However, Braveheart just lounged around, it even dropped its levitation so it could lay on the ground seemingly without any intention of defending itself.

"Sorry Mr. Craig, but I don't think Braveheart has any intention to move. Maybe if Lili could move first Braveheart will be motivated to move then." Arthur tried to goad Mr.Craig on letting his Pokemon move first.

"Lili, come closer but don't attack it." Mr. Craig was suspicious at Arthur's choice, he thought that Arthur would lay a trap and so he told Lili to keep a safe range.

The Cotton Candy Pokemon circled around the Beldum before finally decided to attack it by jumping to the Iron Ball Pokemon's back.

"It's a wrong move, Mr. Craig." Braveheart suddenly lunged itself towards the unsuspecting Pokemon, before itself went upwards with the Cotton Candy Pokemon who got scooped by it.

There's two strength I know about Braveheart it has in this situation. One, the levitation capability of Braveheart has quite a fast activation time, I was surprised to learn it firsthand. And two…" Before long the Cotton Candy Pokemon already reached very high altitude, while Iron Ball Pokemon finally started to change its moving trajectory downward bringing Lili together with it in its attempt to descent.

"It's heavy as hell. Taste this! Our special technique, Psycho Crusher!" Braveheart activated Zen Headbutt before he started to spun as quick as possible as it could while launching itself at high speed at Lili who already started her descent after being dropped first by the Iron Ball Pokemon. Braveheart who already spun around like a drill was having no issue on hitting the hapless Swirlix.

It was a very swift attack. The impact of the attack caused a slight shaking of the ground surrounding it, not to mention it caused a huge crater and crack surrounding it which is far worse then what had created by Dede and her Fury Cutter.

With a huge dust cloud also created in the aftermath, it was hard to determine who was the victor, but suddenly Braveheart came out of the dust cloud unscathed. And as the dust started to dissipate away, it was clear that Lili is in no condition to continue.

"Lili has fainted! The Winner is Arthur and Braveheart!" announced the Professor. It was supposed to be a happy occasion for Arthur, but he appeared to be a little distressed alongside with his happiness.

"Shoot, I forgot to tell Mr. Craig I have three Pokemon. Hunter is going nuts if he knew that I didn't insert him to the fray once more." Arthur slowly muttered.

"I'm sure he'll understand once you tell him the reason, and congratulations, Arthur! That was an amazing battle!" assured Momo, smiling slightly, fidgeting with the lemonade she got from Arthur. 'At least one of us won… I guess I still have lots to learn, huh?'

The Professor finished her note-taking while Mr. Craig excused himself from the area to continue his research.

"Those battles were exquisite you two! I'm so proud of how far you two have trained your pokemon!"

"Thanks, Professor, I'm glad I could help my Pokemon, I hope I still could improve from now on." Arthur smiled while patting his Beldum for its great performance, he still couldn't believe that improvised attack actually works that great, and he thought that maybe he could do it again in future battles if the situation permits.

"I know I'm repeating what I said earlier, but that battle was breathtaking!" Momo was shocked at how well Arthur executed his moves and won the battle. 'Unlike my battle…' " I didn't know you were a good trainer!"

"Haha, honestly I'm not that great as you think. I… Don't even think I could even surpass my late grandfather haha… " Arthur rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed at Momo's remark. However, he realized that he accidentally mentioned his grandfather, a topic which he didn't want to bring up.

Momo was about to ask about his grandfather, but when she noticed the look on his face, she decided to change the subject. "Hey, you didn't use your third pokemon, right?"

"Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate. Well, there's always next time."

"Hopefully." Momo looked at her Holotch and noticed the time, panicking. "Oh no! I forgot to get Ella!"

Momo walked over to the Professor and quickly told them something before bowing and returning, bowing at Arthur. "Sorry, but I have to go. I have somewhere to go and an appointment soon. I hope to see you soon!" She waved before walking to the door and exiting, running the moment she exited the lab.

Arthur waved back while smiling. "And there she goes… I hope she doesn't go too hard on herself. Oops, I forgot to exchange contact with her, ah well there's always next time." He then put back Braveheart back to it's Pokeball.

"Well I think I should go now Professor, I think it's time for me to buy some supplies before continuing my journey tomorrow. I hope to see you again later Professor." Arthur bowed at the Professor and then walked outside the lab complex towards the city, unaware of a major event that would affect his journey forever.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back