• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 3-5: Nashimity Town \Day 2/{Afternoon}

The Duel and a Rivalry is formed!

"How are you going to meet up with Josh Miss Momo?" Ella sat on a chair with a cup of apple juice in front of her, Mua floating beside her and Cathy was last seen running up to a tree nearby.
    "To be honest, I have no idea. He said it was going to be today in the same spot, but he didn't say what time…" Momo sat across from the girl, Finn was on her lap with Pidge on her shoulder, said Pokemon a little huffy at the moment.

"...!" 'Bonk!' The two females flinched at the crash and looked to their right, or left for Momo, and saw said boy face-planted into the PC window nearest to them. Momo sweatdropped when the male fell back, only to suddenly spring up and glare at the two, pointing between the two and to the ground beside him.

"...I think he wants us to go outside Miss Momo." "I think so too."

*Mini-Timeskip*
    At Josh's request, the two girls exited the PC and all three walked over to their meeting place, anticipating the upcoming events.

"So the duel is right now?" Momo inquired, glancing at Ella and her partner along with the stray pokemon, all three at the sidelines. Finn was beside her feet, looking at the male curiously with Pidge glaring at said human.

"Of course, why else would I call you?" Josh scoffed, holding out two pokeballs, one in each hand. He threw the pokeballs and light came out, revealing his Spearow from before and a new Pokemon, A Snover!

"He has a Snover… By any chance, are you from Sinnoh?" Momo was curious, she knew trainers native to this region wouldn't train their Pokemon due to losing their touch, but those outside knew that training was essential. And by looking at his two Pokemon, she can see that they were trained, probably by fighting wild Pokemon or bullying other kids pokemon.

"Yeah? And so? That doesn't change anything." snarked Josh as the two trainers to their place, treating the area around them as a battlefield. "My Reaw will go first obviously." Spearow squawked, jumping a few feet in front of Josh.

"Obviously?" Momo was confused at the nickname he gave his Pokemon, but she pushed it aside, motioning for Pidge to enter, said pokemon doing so, glaring harshly at his opponent, causing the bird to flinch.

"The hell? What got him so mad?!" Reaw tried to shake of his opponents glare and stood tall, ready to begin, same for Pidgey.

"He needs to let off some...steam you can say. And this battle is perfect." Momo smirked, a mischievous gleam in her eye. "Thanks for volunteering!~"

"Volunteering? Woman-!" "Battle Begin!" Ella interrupted Josh, beginning the battle, she wanted the battle to begin right away, and not just because she wanted Momo to win, but because it was going to get dark soon.

At the notice, Pidge flew up, being followed by Reaw. "Pidge, get behind and Tackle!" Pidge did as told and flew behind Reaw, quickly tackling the other bird Pokemon before it could do anything. Reaw cried out in pain before straightening himself, flying down and close to his master.

"Reaw, don't run away! Use Leer!" Reaw turned and placed an intimidating glare on his face, but it turned to fear when Pidge glared intimidating, his being more demonic than Reaw, who was shivering from the cold look. He squawked before backing up, his Leer forgotten.

"Air Cutter!" Momo sweatdropped as she watched Pidge sent assaults after assaults of wind blades at Reaw, who couldn't dodge, distracted with Pidge's cold look directed at him. "I guess he had a lot of steam to let out…"

"Grrrr… Peck!" Reaw 's beak glowed as the bird quickly flew towards Pidge and thrusted his beak. Pidge barely dodged it, the white energy scraping his right wing, causing said bird to flinch a bit. Pidge jumped back and opened his right wing, looking at the damage before giving Reaw the cold look, intimidating his rival. "Peck again!" Reaw hesitated, but his beak glowed and he thrusted towards his opponent, mentally hoping he won't hit.

Pidge jumped and flapped his wings, sending another wave of Air Cutter, halting Reaw's attack and send the bird flying back. Reaw cried out in pain, lying down, trying to get up, but when he looked up, Pidge was in front of him, looking down with his intimidating and a cold look in his eye. Reaw squawked in fear, jumping and flying upwards, hoping to escape.

"Reaw-" "Stop him and Tackle him down!" Momo interrupted, giving Pidge the last order. Said Pokemon flew upwards and flapped, gaining speed, eventually passing Reaw and going in front of him. He used his own claws to grab the other bird's claws and flew down, tucking his wings and bringing Reaw with him, who squawked and tried to get out of his hold. Once the two were 8-10 feet away from the ground, Pidge let go, only to fly upwards and tackle Reaw, thusting him downwards and the two crashed, creating a dust cloud.

"Reaw! Oi!" Josh called, but there was no response. Momo squinted her eyes and saw a figure standing up and a smile started to form. The dust cloud cleared, revealing Pidge standing and Reaw on the ground, fainted with a small crater underneath him.

"Reaw has fainted! Pidge is the winner!" Ella called, jumping out of joy. Josh growled as he returned Reaw to his pokeball before placing it on his belt harshly, glaring as Momo pet Pidge on the head, congratulating him with Ella jumping, Mua cooing, and Cathy smirking at him!

"It's not over yet!" called out Josh, turning his glare towards his Snover, who flinched at the look. "Rover, go!" The Frost Tree pokemon hesitantly walked towards the field, fidgeting around.

"Another pokemon? That pokemon looks too timid to battle…" Momo looked over Rover the Snover, confused at the Pokemon's behavior. The poor Pokemon was fidgeting around and looked like it didn't want to battle.

"Are you sure you want to battle with him? He looks like he doesn't want to battle?" Momo was hesitant to battle, but she couldn't force Josh to re-call his Pokemon, it wasn't her call.

"He can battle, his nature is timid, I was hoping for a better one, but my parents b*****d about not getting me another and to stay with the one I have."

Momo looked over at Pidge, who glanced back at her, the two having a plan in mind. "Alright, i'll battle, but let me switch my Pokemon, it's Finn's turn to battle." Pidge jumped onto her shoulder and watched as Momo motioned Finn over, who was playing with Mua. The Mudfish pokemon perked up before running over, standing in front and looking at his opponent curiously.

"L-Let the battle begin!" Ella was scared, but not for her, but for the poor Snover. The moment the battle began, clouds formed above the teens and it started to hail, called upon by a certain Pokemon's ability.

"Rover, Powder Snow!" Rover let out a small chirp, crossed his arms, and then quickly opened them, letting loose a gust of powder snow at Finn.

"Dodge!" Finn chirped, saw the attack coming, and immediately jumped to the side, barely dodging the cold gust. He turned towards his opponent when he felt a cold sensation on his fin. He turned and saw some frost on the side of his back fin and panicked, sending a small water gun, hoping to defrost the ice. Hail started to fall at the end of each turn, hitting the two Pokemon, but only Finn was damaged.

"Send another Rover!" Rover did as told, the attack closing in. Finn turned and jumped out of the way, this time, none of the frost hit him, but his tail was still frost over a bit.

"Use Mud Slap!" Finn turned his back and kicked his legs, senind slaps of mud at Rover, who panicked and tried to dodge, but some hit him, one on his head, another on his left shoulder, and one on his right knee. Some of the mud from the move flowed down, but there was some residue leftover, the leftover making Rover's future movements a bit slower. Finn jumped back, only to get hit in the head by a ball of hail.

"Leafage!" Josh was enraged, that pokemon kept dodging and dodging! Just let him hit and get this battle over with! He smirked as he remembered Finn's typing, the Mudfish was a water type and with Rover being an ice/grass type, so he obviously had the advantage!

Rover created leaves and with a swipe of his arm, he sends them soaring towards Finn. The Mudfish panicked at seeing the grass type move and unconsciously used Ice Ball, summoning a ball of ice, but instead of being small like usual, it was larger than normal. He threw it before turning and hitting the ball with his tail, breaking the ice on his appendage and sending the ball hurling towards the Leafage. The ball of ice hit the move dead center, its momentum not stopping, breaking most of the leaves on contact, others straying away from the wind that came from the ice move. Snover didn't noticed the ice ball coming until it broke through the Leafeage, smaller than it was due to taking most of the damage from Leafage, hitting the Frost Tree in the face. Rover cried out as he fell backwards, using his hand-like appendages towards his face, cradling his face. Finn chirped, happy his attack worked, but cried out as more hail rained down.

"Rover! Don't show weakness! Use Leafage again!" Rover slowly stood up, using one hand(?) to soothe the pain on his face while the other was used to send a tornado of leaves.

"Dodge it!" Finn swiftly jumped away, not wanting to face the paper cuts, the Leafage hitting the spot he was in before. "Ice Ball!" Finn summoned another ball of ice, this time it was normal sized, and hurled it at the unsuspecting Rover, who cried out as the move hit his shoulder.

"Again!" Rover flinched at his trainer's harsh tone, but complied, sending another leaf tornado. Finn jumped to dodge, but Rover moved his arm, allowing him to move the Leafage as well, hitting Finn dead on. The Mudfish cried out as he skid back a couple feet, slowly standing to his feet.

"Finn! Are you alright?!" Finn looked back and chirped with a nod, assuring his trainer before looking forward, staring at Rover. Said Pokemon fidgeted in place, looking around as his trainer smirked, "Hah! That's to show! Again Rover!" As Rover began to gather leaves, the hail stopped and the clouds disappeared, revealing the sun's rays on them.

"Use Mud-Slap quickly!" Finn used as much speed as he could to run up towards Rover, and before the female Snover could gather all her leaves, Finn launched more mud at her. The Forest Tree cried out and fell backwards, skidding back a couple inches before fainting from the damage.

"R-Rover has fainted! Finn is left standing, that makes Momo the winner!" Ella called, causing different reactions among the teens.

"Miss Momo did it!" "I managed to, thanks Finn and Pidge!" "What?! No way!"

*Mini-Timeskip*
    After the battle, Momo, Ella, and Josh walked back to the PC to let their Pokemon recover by handing them to Nurse Joy. A few minutes passed and the group is about to regain their pokemon.

"Keep your end of the deal, alright?" Momo grabbed the two pokeballs holding her companions and turned towards Josh, who was grabbing his pokeballs harshly with a grumble.

"Alright, but I won't be here to keep my end of the deal, got that?!" Ella, who was behind Momo, was confused at his statement.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"What else does it mean, little girl? I'm going to travel like this pinkette, i'm not letting her one-up me and get away with it! If I have to train to beat her, then I'll do so!" declared Josh before pointing at Momo, who already has her Pokemon out and in their respective places. "I'll do anything to defeat her! You're now my rival! Got that?!"

"Rival?" Momo was shocked and in disbelief, she got a rival without even trying, she didn't even want one. With a rival came the persistence of them wanting to battle every time they meet and she wasn't looking forward to it. Finn chirped while Pidge glared, not liking the tone the male human was using on his trainer. "Well… Oh, look at the time! I've got to head out! I'll see you guys later, and I hope we meet again Ella!" At that, Momo quickly ran up the stairs to her rented room, hoping to avoid Josh and his rivalry.

"Bye Miss Momo!" "Hey! You can't escape me! Come back!"

With the battle done and over, Momo stays in her room most of the time, playing with her Pokemon, checking her inventory, and making sure her door is locked, sleeping the rest of the day away, waiting for the next day.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 3 - 5
    Side Job

After he finished healing his team on the Pokemon Center, Arthur immediately went into a shopping district in the Nashimity area. However, the price tag there was too intimidating for him even if he already got more money from Mr.Gunther. He asked around for shopping recommendations from the locals, but apparently, since this city is mostly filled by tourist, the pricing of the items available also reflect that.

Arthur was recommended some good clothing stores, but with all of them being in Akurnai, with heavy hearts he decided to back down and instead went to the Pokemon Center.

He sat down in one of the empty seats on the Cafe area while sipping down his Sweet Cappuccino Latte. The lack of things he planned at the time caused him boredom. He sighed as he saw the time of his Holotch. "Yikes… It appears that the night is still quite long. Now what?" He drank his coffee in frustration.

Hearing the young man's struggle to entertain himself, the barista decided to speak with him. "You have a lot of free time, Kiddo? Maybe you could finish one of the quests there at the quest board, you know… At least you got money instead of sighing here without any gains." The bartender smiled while pointing at the board near him.

"Oh, that actually sounds like a great idea, Sir. Thank you very much!" Arthur's expression brightened at the prospect of earning money instead of sitting down without purpose, he then bowed slightly to show his gratitude to the barista who replied accordingly.

"Well, let's see what I could do at this time." Arthur tried to discern a potential job from a few papers posted there. Mowing a lawn could take hours to finish, and didn't look like a job to properly finish at night. Finding a watch? At dark? It's laughable. Arthur kept trying to find a potential job until his eyes were locked into one paper near the edge of the board.

"Hmm… Finding a lost Skitty? From the posting date, it's pretty new… And the reward is not that bad either, it could pay for my entire expenses for a day. I'll take this one, then."

Arthur decided that trying to search for the Skitty without any solid information to help his search is pointless and also an excruciating one at that. So without any delay, he decided to visit the requester to gain more information.

He was immediately welcomed there by an old lady, she told Arthur that Skitty was her Pokemon and that it was lost when her grandchild played hide-and-seek with it. Arthur also found out that the child often played with the Skitty at the Berry Pier and that Skitty that the old lady was searching had a blue colored collar on its neck. With the pieces of information and a photo of the Skitty in hand, he immediately exited the house and immediately started his walk to the Berry Pier.

"Hmm… It should be in the Berry Pier, alright. I guess if I could lure it using my only remaining Oran Berry, it should be a piece of cake."

However, an uneasy feeling was gnawing at Arthur's mind. For some reason, he thought that his way to the meal ticket he needed won't be as straightforward as he initially thought.

As soon as he arrived at the Berry Pier, the moon was already setting in. The appearance of the moon made Arthur even more desperate to end this quest before long.

"Go, Braveheart! Hunter!" Arthur threw two of his Pokeball upwards which spouted out his two trusted partners. Hunter immediately pecked Arthur due to his lack of battles, the actions of Hunter irked Braveheart which had started to prepare his Zen Headbutt to stop the insolent action of his comrade.

Arthur sighed at the sight. "Enough you two, I need you both two find this Skitty." He held up the photo from his pocket. "Split and scour the area, if you two see something noteworthy, inform me as soon as possible, now disperse!" Both of his Pokemon immediately spread out to scour the area for any signs of the Skitty, while Arthur waited on a bench nearby while holding Muchorin on his arms to warm himself.

After a while, Braveheart returned with no good news on the area he was told to search at. And so, the only hope they had left is the news from the Owl Pokemon. 10 minutes pass after that, and Arthur started to worry about Hunter. He lounged back and forth on the same spot, worrying about his Pokemon, when suddenly…

"Bang!" A loud noise could be heard from the direction where Arthur told Hunter to start his search.

"Oh no, this can't be good." Arthur and his Pokemon went as fast as possible to the source of the sound. When they arrived at the source of the noise, they found Hunter laid out unconscious on the ground with the Skitty they supposed to search shaking in fear beside it.

"What in the blue blazes is…" As soon as Arthur was about to grumble as to why the things in front him happened the way they do. He walked slowly to approach them when he found a Herdier at the corner of the small road snarling in their direction.

"I knew it…" Arthur clenched his fist, prepared to fight the angry canine in front of them.

Herdier barked loudly before it immediately pounced at Arthur's direction.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Continued in part 3-6
    Who Let The Dog Out?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Wisteria's lab || Team:
    latest

Day: Two || Time: Evening

An "Important science" Battle

Kira casually sauntered into the main lobby of Wisteria's lab, the front doors being unlocked just as before. While the lab seemed unoccupied at first glance, there were clear sounds of somebody shuffling about in the back. Taking a quick look for the bell to call somebody it seemed to be missing. Putting the pieces of evidence together, Kira gave a bit of a sigh before calling back into the lab. "Hey grumpy! I know you're back there!"

A loud groan echoed from the back of the lab, with a shuffling of paper and the clanking of glass a familiar figure made his way to the entrance of the lab. "Well, what do you want?" Asked the disgruntled scientist.

"You don't remember from yesterday? I'm here to see Wisteria." Kira relied with a hand on her hip, matching his annoyed tone.

"So you decided to come back at the same time." He asked in disbelief, pinching his forehead. "Do you really not understand the concept of a shift? Whatever, I needed a test subject anyway…. You will come with me to the courtyard!"

"Why would I help you? If you haven't noticed, you've been kind of a dick to me." Kira asked skeptically.

"Because, I know what Wisteria has been saying to you kids and I'll tell you if you help me out." The scientist replied smugly, tilting his head in a challenging manner.

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday!?"

"Oh, I wonder why…" He said tauntingly, pulling out the table bell from his jacket pocket and ringing it a few times in Kira's face. "If it makes you more cooperative I just need a battle, I assume you can manage that."

"Fine, I get it… Lets just hurry up." Kira said with a sigh, pushing the bell out of her face.

The two of them made their way out to the front courtyard, heading over to a breaker box on the side of the building Mr. Important science guy flipped a few switches, turning on several lights and clearly illuminating the area.

"We'll be battling here, I will be using two Pokémon. You may use whatever you find fit, I don't care." The scientist said, preparing his clipboard to take notes.

"So, two vs one then, got it." Kira said flatly, preparing Azure's pokéball.

Mr. Important science guy silently judged Kira for just a moment, correctly assuming that she hasn't managed to capture a Pokémon yet. "Right… Anyway, let us begin." Unceremoniously he tossed a pokéball out, revealing a Wingull after a bright flash of light.

"Alright, lets show him what we can do Azure!" Kira cheered, throwing his ball excitedly. Still riding the high of graduating just a few days ago. As well in a bright flash of light, Azure appeared happily clapping, just as joyous as ever.

"Hmph, rather dopey looking, you two go well together." He remarked flatly as he analyzed the Spheal.

"C-Can we just start?" Kira said, stammering a bit. That last insult actually stinging somewhat.

"Fine, use soak." He instructed the Wingull flatly. Opening its beak, the sea bird let out a steady rain of water and drizzled it upon Azure.

Kira gave a bit of a confused look at that decision, Azure was already a water type, why would he use soak? "Azure, Use Aqua ring!" Kira commanded. Azure quickly complied, drawing moisture from the air which after a moment formed three sparkling rings of water.

"Quick attack" He instructed once more, looking up from the notes on his clipboard for only a moment to observe the attack. Flying in quickly towards Azure, the Wingull quickly stabbed him with its beak before flying away.

"Azure, before it gets away, use powder snow!" Taking a deep breath, Azure puffs out a burst of snow towards the Wingull. While it attempted to bank left out of the way the poor bird took a direct hit from the snow, its wings quickly freezing over in the process.

"Hm… Unfortunate." Muttered the scientist. Unceremoniously he returned the Wingull to its ball as it was struggling with the ice, pulling out another to replace it. With a light toss and a flash of light a Cherubi is revealed, stanced up ready to fight. "Leafage, go."

The Cherubi, happily complying, gives a bit of a spin before shooting several of the leaves from its stem towards the Spheal. Despite theoretically being weak to the attack, Azure seemed to take the attack quite a bit better than she expected.

"If that's all you got then you're going to be disappointed with your results. Azure, powder snow once again!" Once again, Azure took a deep breath and blew a flurry of cold snow at the cherry Pokémon.

"Hm… Keep going." He said calmly, looking up between the battle and his clipboard.

"You as well Azure, Keep up with the snow!" Kira called out. For a moment, Azure and the Cherubi traded blow for blow, leaf for snow. While it was clear that at this rate Azure would come out on top, his attacks weren't as powerful as Kira expected.

"Synthesis, then continue." The scientist commanded flatly. With a bright glow of light the Cherubi managed to restore some of its vitality, melting some of the snow drift on it as well. This move earning him an annoyed look from Kira. "Is there a problem? I don't have the data I need yet." He replied sternly.

Kira gave a bit of a sigh before leaning back against a nearby fence post. It was starting to become clear that between Azure's aqua ring healing him as well as that Cherubi's synthesis that this battle was going to be a bit of a slow burner. "Azure, keep using Powder snow until I tell you otherwise!"

From there the battle slogged on for a while, neither side doing any meaningful damage to the other as they fought out this battle of endurance. Starting to evaluate the battle herself, Azure's performance began to bother her. His powder snow attack is usually more powerful than that, however for whatever reason, this cherubi has been enduring it far better than she expected.

"Heh… I see you're finally starting to use that brain of yours. That silence really compliments your personality." He taunted once more, looking up from his clipboard.

"His attacks are weaker than normal… What happened?" Kira thought out loud, ignoring the insults being thrown her way.

"Think about it, I know you noticed it. Don't you remember anything strange?" He hinted, giving Kira a bit of a wry look.

The moment he said strange it began to click for Kira "You had a second Pokémon, The Wingull. This battle's gone on for so long I nearly forgot about it…" Kira began, looking over the battle again. "It used soak at the beginning. I dismissed it because Azure was already water type, figuring your plan was to hit whatever Pokémon I had with soak and a grass move and it was merely coincidence that he was Water type." She continued, the scientist nodding along as she put the pieces together.

"Your goal though wasn't to make him water type, It was to remove his ice type, making his ice type attacks weaker for your second Pokémon… Do I have it right there?"

Mr. Important science guy gave a smirk as Kira finally came to a conclusion. "It took you long enough, but you finally got it." he said. Pulling out a pokéball, he returned the Cherubi to its pokéball. "I forfeit."

"Hold on, what?" Kira asked shocked, looking between the battlefield and him.

"I have all the data I need, and I don't see the point of wasting my time fighting this war of attrition for something as meaningless as a victory." He responded, pocketing the ball. "As for what you came here for, I informed the professor of your progress. She was happy to see you're using the device however she wants you to try using the scanning feature. Make sure to use it before you talk with her again."

Kira took a moment to stare at him in disbelief, her thought process in a bit of shock from him going an entire four sentences without saying anything insulting or degrading to her, something she wasn't sure he was capable of. "Is that it? T-Thank you." She managed to stammer out.

"Yes, that is it." He replied before turning towards the lab. "Oh, and next time you want to talk with her specifically, try showing not showing up so late at night. I'm going to go lock up, I recommend you go to bed for the night." He said flatly, turning towards the door.

"Hey wait!" Kira called out, still wanting to ask him a few things.

"Still having trouble following directions I see? Well, I guess I can't expect you to learn too much in one day." He mocked one last time before leaving Kira behind in the courtyard.

Kira stared at him for just a moment longer before shrugging off the insult. Quietly she made sure Azure was alright before returning him to ball and heading back to the Pokémon center.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 3 - 6
    Who Let The Dog Out?

Muchorin who was resting on Arthur's arms quickly used Flame Wheel to repel the attack from the Loyal Dog Pokemon. The move pushed back Herdier who appeared to be unfazed with the retaliation it got.

"Dang…" Arthur returned Hunter to its Pokeball. "Muchorin, Flame Wheel! Braveheart, Zen Headbutt!"

Both Pokemon obeyed their trainer's order and launched a frontal assault at their aggressor. However, the Herdier smartly used the wall surrounding it to instead dodge the attack using a wall jump while opening the window for a counter-attack, which is used for landing a Bite at Braveheart.

"Dang, this terrain is not advantageous for us at all!" Arthur carefully analyzed his surroundings and the fact that the wall could be used by Herdier to wall jump and dodge his team's entire arsenal is not good news at all.

"Grr… Muchorin, taunt it then Flame Wheel out of here! Braveheart! I'm counting on you for carrying us out of here!" Arthur grabbed the Skitty before hopping over to Beldum's back which immediately rushed away from the battlefield. Muchorin who was left there, wiggled its middle finger angering the Herdier who immediately chased the Zen Charm Pokemon who was running away following his master using his Flame Wheel.

Arthur was relieved that they managed to get out of the situation. "Haha, Thank God Herdier couldn't use Quick…" The relief the trainer felt from the fact Herdier couldn't use Quick Attack to keep up with them turned into sheer horror when he looked back at the chasing Herdier who was using Wild Charge and its sheer speed difference to keep up with them.

"What the actual!? Grahhhh… Who the hell owns a Herdier like that?" Arthur could only frown as he saw the Herdier from the front, whoever owns this Herdier must've bred them carefully so it inherited the Wild Charge. Either that or someone is too rich that they spent some of their money buying Technical Machine to teach that move.

Both parties arrived at an empty street near the Port area, it was much wider than the small space where they had fought before.

"Okay, this is much better. I still have to be careful to not damage the rest of the area." Arthur tried to collect his cool before the Loyal Dog Pokemon interrupted with the Wild Charge still active.

"Could you just stop it? Muchorin, Flame Wheel!" Muchorin rolled into a ball of flame, which collided with the Herdier's attack. However, Muchorin proved no match for the canine and was quickly pushed aside with the electrically charged tackle from the Herdier.

"Zen Headbutt!" Braveheart used the opening created by Muchorin to use a Zen Headbutt to strike the jaw of Herdier. It was a direct hit but the Herdier only briefly flinched before it starts to bark even harder than before. It also started to bring down the lower body part.

"That posture… That can't be good!" Arthur threw the twisted spoon he took from backpack towards Braveheart, it immediately stuck on the Iron Ball Pokemon's body. "Psycho Crusher, now!"

Braveheart spun as quick as it could before launching itself forwards enveloped in purple energy by using Zen Headbutt. Herdier who was in a stance immediately lunged forward in an attempt to retaliate, enveloping itself in a yellow-colored aura.

Psycho Crusher was a technique that Arthur was sure going to work, but instead, Braveheart was started to get pushed back by the Loyal Dog Pokemon. "Wait, What!? No, no, no! Muchorin, go hit the Herdier's jaw with Flame Wheel!" Muchorin rolled as fast as possible with the flames enveloping its body. However, Braveheart was already flung really hard to the ground behind Arthur, crashing hard on the pavement.

The Flame Wheel hits Herdier hard on its face, knocking it flying backward. Herdier strangely didn't move at all, which clued Arthur about what had actually happened earlier. "Giga Impact, huh? I'm not paid enough for doing this job…" Arthur muttered with uncertainty in his voice, holding tight the Skitty that was shaking even harder after it saw the spectacle earlier.

"Braveheart, you alright!?" Braveheart managed to levitate itself once more, but it was visible from Arthur's assessment that one more Giga Impact will put both Braveheart and Muchorin out of commission. Just as he turned back his sights on the canine, it was already putting back its running stance.

"That time window after Giga Impact… That's the moment we have to capitalize." Arthur gritted his teeth.

"Okay, one last shot! Muchorin, Flame Wheel!" Muchorin spun towards the canine who already took another charge towards Arthur and his Pokemon with Giga Impact, just as both of them about to collide, however…

"Muchorin, jump!" Muchorin who was still doing Flame Wheel bounced upward, leaving the Herdier to charge forward uncontrollably towards Arthur, which Arthur managed to dodge. Just as Arthur expected, as soon as Herdier was finished doing the move, it was prone to a counter-attack.

"Now Braveheart, Psycho Crusher!" The Iron Ball Pokemon spun once more like a purple drill, this time hitting the Loyal Dog Pokemon square in the jaw, immediately rendering it unable to continue the fight.

"Dang, that Herdier sure put up a fight." Just as Arthur about to carry the Herdier, Braveheart was now laying on the ground, out of energy to keep floating above. "Yikes… We got to go fast." Arthur carried the Herdier and Skitty from the Berry Pier towards the Pokemon Center.

On the way there, he called the old lady to tell her that her Skitty had been found, and the police to inform about the lost Herdier. He soon sat down at one of the chairs in the Cafe Area where the old lady already waited for him.
    Skitty immediately jumped towards its owner, which hugged it back.

"Thank you, young man… Here's your payment as promised. And here, a little bit of gift from me." The old lady handed Arthur, 3 Aspear Berries. "It's one of the specialties here, it tastes bitter but could cure the freezing status condition of your Pokemon." The old lady got up from her seat and immediately exited the Pokemon Center while holding her Skitty.

"And now… Only the Herdier issue remains." Not long after he returned the Skitty, a man who wore a suit walked over to the Cafe. From his looks he looked like a wealthy businessman of some sort, just the kind of man Arthur was looking for

"Excuse me, are you Arthur? The man inquisitively asked Arthur, although, from his expression, he appeared to be quite panicked at the time."

"Yes, I am. Are you the owner of Herdier?"

"Yes! Yes, I am! I heard from one of the officers that you found my Pokemon, where is he?" The man's expression turned bright

Arthur explained the situation to the man, he appeared to be quite remorseful to what the Herdier did to Arthur. Apparently, the Herdier was let out by his young son who couldn't control it properly yet and so it ran away. Herdier was aggressive even since the businessman's trainer days, and it coupled with the fact that it ran away to an area he didn't know explained it's aggression when it met Arthur.

"Well… That and I'm sure Hunter did something…" Arthur mumbled silently.

"Anyway… Here you go Kid, you deserve it…" The man pulled some Pokedollars from his wallet.

"No, no… I couldn't possibly accept that. I'm just coincidentally there." Arthur raised both of his hands, trying to reject the money the man offered him.

"No, I insist. Besides, being a trainer needs some financial sacrifices, would you please accept my gratitude?"

Arthur finally accepted the money, he didn't want to make the man in front of him feel more guilty of the Herdier incident. Just as Herdier was finished being healed by the Nurse, the pair left the Pokemon Center.

Arthur opened his wallet, looking at the amount of money he had in his savings. "Yay… Now I have money to eat for days…" Arthur was so happy he had a lot of savings, after all, you need to prepare money just in case something bad suddenly happens.

He swiftly rented a room at the Pokemon Center, sleeping as soon as possible to wake up early the next morning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Carmelion Beach, morning

After leaving the Professor's lab, Edison's next stop was the beach, previously closed due to the Krabby migration. Normally he wasn't much for the beach, but stepping out of his comfort zone and trying new things was all part of the fun.

It was still morning when he arrived, but the beach was already getting warm, and there wasn't a cloud in sight. Edison ducked into a convenient changing tent, putting his vest into his satchel and rolling up his sleeves. "Perfect. I'll blend in perfectly with these beach folk."

He walked out onto the beach, where various people in swimsuits were already starting to gather. Noticing a lemonade stand, he decided a refreshing beverage would be in order, but was surprised by the child running the stall. The boy was... motivated, to say the least...

"Step right up, don't be shy! I've got all kinds of lemonade here! Sweet lemonade with plenty of sugar! Lemonade so sour you'll think it's turned bad! I'll sell you an actual lemon you can bite right into, if that's your thing! I don't judge! Got your own drink? How about some sugar to go with it? I'm selling ice if you need to cool off quickly!"

Edison almost kept walking, skeptical of the stand, but the boy kept going.

"Lemonade not your thing? I've also got the tools to dig in the sand! I'm talking shovels, sand sifters, even buckets! All reasonably priced, or my name's not Sam! All kinds of stuff washes up on this beach, including Fossils! I personally guarantee new Fossils daily! Contribute to science by unearthing your own personal piece of the past! Donate two Fossils and receive a full refund of your money, and keep any other treasures you find free of charge!"

Edison approached the stand, his curiosity piqued at "contribute to science". "Excuse me, did you say Fossils?"

The boy, Sam apparently, instantly turned his attention to Edison. "Why yes, my overdressed friend! Pokemon Fossils practically litter the beach, buried in the sand and just waiting to be found! Ever since the so-called Ruin Maniacs excavated the tar pits out in Carmelion Bay 10 years ago, the tide swoops in and picks up old fossils, depositing them here, where they get buried. My company, which started as a humble lemonade stand, provides the necessary tools to recover the old bones. For a small fee, of course."

Edison stroked his chin as he considered the information. It was certainly an unusual way to spend his day at the beach, but it was exactly the sort of field work he'd always enjoyed. "I'd like to try it out. I'll rent one of your kits." He handed over the money, making sure to get a receipt.

Sam grinned happily as he handed over the tools. "A wise decision! I'm sure you'll have a blast! Here's a free tip: you'll find more fossils by the cliffs, but the rarer ones toward the pier. Have fun!"

Edison followed the boy's advice, starting his search near the cliffs. Lacking any way to detect the fossils, he just started digging, leaving several shallow holes in the sand. He was starting to think he'd been lied to, but by sheer luck he uncovered a rock containing a fossilized feather. Emboldened by his success, he moved further down the beach.

10 A.M.10 A.M.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, Edison had put his goggles on, the red tinted lenses keeping both sand and the glare of the sun out of his eyes. Using Neo's Supersonic as a makeshift radar helped narrow down his search, and the sand sifter allowed him to comb the beach more effectively. It took almost an hour, but he managed to find a spiral shell fossil. It was an interesting design, and he could almost understand why the humble Helix fossil had such a large fanbase on the internet. He moved to the pier next.

11 A.M.11 A.M.

Digging was getting to be hard work, and Edison had unbuttoned his shirt to help himself cool off. Addie carried the bucket, which had more bottle caps in it than fossils at this point. People were apparently very lazy with their drinks. Among the caps, pieces of glass, and dark bits of rock, he managed to find a pale tooth embedded in rock. But with the lunch period approaching, the pier was getting busy, and Edison moved closer to the cliffs to avoid the crowds.

12 P.M.12 P.M.

With the sun directly overhead, Edison had removed his shirt entirely, as it was getting sweaty. Rem hovered around him as he worked, helpfully putting a Barrier around him to help keep the sun off of his skin. Sam was mistaken when he said Fossils were more plentiful near the cliffs. There were certainly more rocks here, but that just meant more false starts and letdowns. Edison did manage to find another feather fossil, though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. But he was starting to get hungry, and tired, so he made his way back toward the lemonade stand.

1 P.M.1 P.M.

Sam hadn't moved, which surprised Edison a little. The kid was dedicated, and had merely adjusted the umbrella over his stand to better keep the sun off him. His normal spiel petered out a bit when he saw Edison approach, surprised at the Pokemon following him.

"Hello, hello, my bespectacled friend! Quite the entourage you've got there! And quite the makeover, too. Enjoy your time on the beach? Why not buy some lemonade while you're here?"

Edison couldn't help but grin. "Today was quite productive, I must say. But I do believe I'll take you up on your offer." He placed his Helix and both Plume Fossils on the table, keeping the Jaw Fossil for himself. "I trust you can find more use for these than I can, and I think I'm done with digging for now."

Sam just shrugged, taking the gear and Fossils and handing over the money. "And are you sure I can't tempt you with some fresh lemonade?"

"Actually, you can. Four, please. Digging is tiring, and it's hot out there!" He handed over the money, giving one lemonade to each Pokemon and keeping one for himself. N.D. had a little trouble with his, and Edison had to hold the cup while N.D. drank the lemonade through a straw.

Noticing the time, Edison returned his Pokemon and changed back into his usual outfit. He planned on getting some food, then setting off for Akurnai City.

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-1: Carmelion Beach \Day 3/ {Day/Morning}

The Dig for Ancients!~

"Let's see, which way…" Momo stood at the two-cross roads in Route 302, debating which route to go. This morning, Momo was planning to leave town around 9 o'clock, but as she was getting out of her room, she hears some people talk about a Fossil Excavation Event occurring at the Carmelion Beach. She was intrigued and prepared herself and gathered all her items, now motivated to leave 2 hours early. "If Carmelion Beach is a beach…"

Momo walks towards the route with the marsh-like plants, determined to power through. Finn, who was beside her, followed, but had trouble keeping up with the tall grass blocking his view. Pidge, who was on Momo's shoulder, noticed Finn's dilemma and quickly flew over, picked him up, and set him on Momo's head, returning back to his perch.

*Mini-Timeskip*
    "Woah!" Once she arrived at the beach, she was shocked at the beauty and the amount of people. "There's so many people this early…" There were people of all ages, sitting on chairs, playing in the sand, under umbrellas, tanning, it was endless!

"There's the Fossil Event!" "Let's go try it!" "I wonder which fossil i'll find!"

Momo heard a commotion and saw a group of young adults heading towards a small stall, on the sign read '______'. The young adults were crowding in front, talking to someone. 'Who are they talking to?'

Once the group has moved on, Momo quickly walked over and stood in front of the stall and saw a young child around the age of Ella, looking at me with stars in his eyes. Why did he have a star-eyed expression?

"Miss! With Slick Sam's Beach-Combing Bundle, you get the shovel, you get the sifter, I'll even throw in the bag at no extra charge! I'm just giving these away!" Momo stared at the kid, complimenting before looking all over the beach, seeing all kinds of people of all ages digging around with the three tools the kid mentioned.

"How much does it cost?" Momo asked, having pulled out her small, pokeball-themed wallet, ready to open it. She didn't want to use too much money, but getting a fossil might be worth it. She would just need to keep it safe until she can find a lab to convert it into a Pokemon in the future.

The kid smirked and pulled out a small sign saying 'For a refund, turn in two unwanted fossils of your choice!' Momo registered what the sign said before smiling and taking out some PokeDollars, "Give me a set!"

After Momo bought a set, she walked over to a random spot on the beach and began to dig. As she dug, Finn was beside her, doing his own digging by using his paws and tail fin with Pidge flapping above him, using his keen eye to find traces of fossils where the two are digging.
    Root - 1st Hour : Pidge swooped down and stopped Finn, using his wings to swipe away san to reveal a fossil.
    Dome - 2nd Hour : Momo's shovel struck something, creating a 'clang' sound, causing her and Pidge to stop. Momo placed her shovel nearby and let Pidge use his wings to swipe away any sand, revealing a second fossil.
    Helix - 3rd Hour : Finn found the third fossil, he was diggin when his paws hit something hard, causing him to let out a whimper as he backed up, soothing his aching paws as Momo and Pidge blew away any sand on the fossil and picked it up.
    Skull - 4th Hour : Momo's shovel, as she was digging, dug under something and as she was lifting, with some trouble for some reason, a fossil followed.
    Cover - 5th Hour : Finn, this time, was using his tail fin to dig, and as a result, his fin hit a fossil and he jumped back, nursing his hurting fin, the same procedure as before. Once Momo grabbed it, she felt connected to it.

After digging for five hours, Momo was tired and her outfit was dirty and sprinkled with sand, Finn in the same condition as her, but Pidge was flapping above then, clean. Momo stood up and looked towards the stand, seeing a trainer her age handing in some fossils they found and then left. The trainer looked familiar, but she stored in the back of her mind as she tiredly walked over, holding all five fossils in her arms.

"Here are the fossils." The kid slowly looked over each one and smiled widely at her, "Nice job! Is there any you wish to keep?"

Momo looked over the fossils and saw one specific fossil, "Yeah, this one."

"Ah, the Cover Fossil, nice choice!" The boy pushed the Cover fossil over to her and then pulled the other four towards him, then pointed towards a sign next to the one he brought out before. "The refund isn't the only deal I have here. If you bring me two fossils, I can swap those for one fossil that other people have turned in. Wanna try?"

Momo placed her refunded pokedollars after returning the equipment and smiled, nodding. "Sure, what kinds do you have?" Momo was intrigued, you don't see fossils every day, and getting the chance to keep them, would later lead to bringing the Pokemon back to life!

"Girl, I have a lot of them, but here are some of them!" The boy grabbed a couple and placed them on the table, pointing to each one and telling their names. "This one is a Plume Fossil, that one is a Helix Fossil, and the one here is…" As the boy continued to recite the names, Momo looked over to the Plume Fossil and interrupted the boy, "I have a fossil in mind. Is the Plume one available?"

*Mini-Timeskip*

Momo walked away from the stand, happily placing her two fossils in her bag as Finn trailed after with Pidge on his usual perch. She got two fossils! How lucky was she, maybe she could give one of the Pokemon resurrected to her grandparents as a gift! Grandmother could use another Pokemon to coddle over and Grandfather might need extra help now that he has returned to his old job, . She grabbed her holotch and looked at the time, noticing that around five hours have passed since she began her dig.

"Oh man, i've been digging for that long…" Momo then noticed herself and saw her dirty outfit, seeing Finn covered in sand as well. "Looks like we need a bath, I can feel the sand in my shoes, and I need to wash my clothes."

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Carmelion Beach, early afternoon

If Edison could contribute to the planning of this beach, he'd suggest more reliable seating options. Most beach goers brought their own chair or blankets to sit on, but a few benches wouldn't be remiss. Oddly, there weren't many vendors on the beach itself, though there were a few on the path leading up to the road.

A kind looking older woman wearing a pointed, wide-brimmed black hat caught his attention. "Sand Witch's" read the sign on her cart, and she was selling sandwiches. The pun, plus the Purrloin on her shoulder, drew Edison's attention, so he decided to buy lunch from her.

The Sand Witch (her name was Cassandra) didn't have any other customers at the moment, so Edison chatted with her while his Pokemon ate. She had been a trainer herself in her youth, but had long since retired. She had gifted most of her Pokemon to her daughter, leaving her with just Purrloin. Edison was very interested in a time when Pokemon training was commonplace, and she told him how the beach used to be a popular spot to battle others and capture Water types. While they were talking, Addie came over and tugged at Edison's hand, asking for another sandwich. He had already eaten his and Neo's, but was still hungry.

"He's a growing boy, isn't he? Here, have another one, no charge! Consider it thanks for listening to an old woman tell her stories." She handed him a sandwich, wrapped in shiny foil, which Edison happily accepted.

"It was my pleasure, honestly. Your story was very interesting, and you told it so wAH!" He was interrupted by something smacking into his face, and the sandwich was plucked from his hand! Addie cried out in despair, while Cassandra immediately looked to the sky, her trainer's instincts kicking in.

"Wingull. They're normally quite skittish around people, why would one attack you like that? I'm sorry about that, sweetie." She pointed out the offending bird.

Edison shook off the hit, looking where Cassandra was pointing. "Not to worry. I may not have your level of experience, but I have science on my side!" He pulled up his Holotch display, scanning and marking that particular Wingull. "With this, I'll be able to track that Wingull anywhere! ...as long as it stays on the beach. The range is a little limited, new technology, you understand."

Cassandra smiled, happy to see a young Trainer excited to track down a Pokemon. "Well, then you'd better hurry! Don't let it get away! Quickly now!"

Edison returned his Pokemon, chasing after Wingull. Keeping his eye on the Holotch meant he wasn't watching where he was going very well, and he had to dodge around other people, jump over chairs and picnic baskets, and he almost tripped over a Pyukumuku, all while Wingull lazily soared overhead, still clutching the wrapped sandwich in its beak.

"Argh... as long as it stays near the water, the thermal updraft will keep it aloft." He mused to himself. "I need to get it closer to the ground..." He looked around for options, spotting some ladies playing volleyball. "Perfect!"

He ran over to the girls, grabbing the ball from one as she prepared to serve it. "Pardon me, just need to borrow this!" He grabbed the ball despite her protest, throwing it at Wingull. It fell embarrassingly short, landing only a few feet away. "Blast... never been very athletic, sorry..."

The girl he'd grabbed it from glared at Edison, while the other three laughed at him. "I think that counts as a point for us!" One of them jeered, and the angry girl picked up the ball.

"Fine. But it's two points if I can hit the bird!" Edison tried to protest, but the girls drowned him out with cheers and support. "You can do it, Ash!"

Ash threw the ball impressively high, then, while Edison was distracted, used him as a springboard to leap up and spike the ball, clipping Wingull's tail feathers and sending it into a spiralling descent. Edison raced towards it while the girls celebrated the impressive feat.

Wingull landed on the beach, startled by the impact but unharmed. It hopped around a bit, looking up as it heard Edison's footsteps on the sand. It started to fly away again, but Edison tossed a Quick Ball at it before it could get airborne. Wingull was pulled inside, and Edison called N.D. out just in case. "Get ready with a Thunder Wave if it gets loose." Neo buzzed affirmative, electricity charging in his core.

They watched as the ball shook, but the strange energy of the Quick Ball prevented Wingull from escaping, and it clicked shut. Edison recalled N.D. as he picked up the ball. "A thieving water bird that's unusually aggressive for a normally skittish species? Hmmm... I'm thinking you're an Ichthyornis, but I'll call you Ornery for short." He wondered how the sandwich would taste after being converted into energy and back.

"Hey!" He heard Ash yelling at him from the volleyball net. "Give us back our ball, you nerd!"

The sandwich experiment would have to wait. Edison quickly returned the volleyball before he angered the volatile girl any further. He didn't stick around, heading back to Route 302 and Akurnai City beyond.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• "We'll do better next time; we just need to work on better strategies." Graslan looked down to Rosa as the pair exited the Nashimity Pokémon Center. The young bud pouted as she shuffled alongside her trainer. Graslan looked up at the setting sun before pulling out his Holotch.

"Well the sun should be setting soon, we should probably wait 'til tomorrow before traveling through Route 302." He looked down to his pokémon who kept mumbling while staring at the ground.

"There's not much we can do right now but there is still time to kill. What do you say we stop by Professor Wisteria's lab?"

"Dew…" Rosa gave a disheartened reply. Graslan stopped and knelt down to pick Rosa up but she slapped his hand away and kept walking down the road. Graslan shrugged and followed her.
    _________________________________________________________​

Graslan eventually found the correct building, unsure of how he missed the obvious sign saying "Laboratory" the first three times he walked around the block. Graslan approached the door and knocked. After a couple minutes passed and no one answered Graslan reached up to knocked once again, however, the door opened as his fist swung down, resulting in him nearly striking Professor Wisteria in the head.

"Oh, I'm so sorry professor! I didn't realize-"

"It's ok Mr. DePétale, come in." The woman laughed as she stepped aside and held the door open. "I presume you're hear about the Pokédex?"

"Yes ma'am." Graslan patted around the various pockets of his overalls, trying to remember which one he placed his Pokédex in. Graslan finally pulled out the device and handed it to the professor. Wisteria took the 'dex and walked towards a large computer system. She plugged the device into the computer and downloaded the data.

"I see you've encountered a couple different species on the way here. Even caught a Hoppip it seems."

"Ah yes, Tara." Graslan pulled out a pokéball and released his Hoppip. The pink cottonweed floated about before resting on her trainer's shoulder. "I named her after Taraxacum due to the Hoppip line's close relation to the same genus of flowers."

Graslan patted his pokémon on the head then remembered his Holotch. He pulled out the second device and handed it to the professor. "I also found her with this. Well, sort of. Rosa pressed a few buttons and a Hoppip appeared on the screen. But Tara and a friend of hers sort of got blown in with the wind so I'm not entirely sure if the Holotch had anything to do with it."

Wisteria took exchanged Graslan's Pokédex for his Holotch and plugged it into her computer. "Well, regardless of whether or not the wind influenced their travel I can assure you the Holotch gained their attention and lured them in. Even if they couldn't control their path."

The professor removed the device and returned it to Graslan. As she did so she glanced down and looked at Rosa, who was gloomily sliding her foot back and forth. "And what's wrong with her?" The professor motioned toward the baby Pokémon.

"Rosa?" Graslan looked down to his partner. "She's been like this ever since we left the Pokémon Center. I think it might have something to do with losing our battle against Fletcher."

Wisteria stared at Rosa for a brief moment. "I see. The loss damaged her pride and spirit. It seems your rivalry with Mr. Wright has extended to your started Pokémon as well."

"What do you mean 'extended'?" Graslan gave a questioning look to the professor.

"Trainers tend to form stronger bonds with their starters than any other Pokémon on their team. This stronger bond often results in the Pokémon taking on part of their trainer's personality. In this instance, your rivalry with Mr. Wright has been taken up by Ms. Rosa here." Wisteria glanced back down at the grumbling plant.

"If you would like, you can spend some time in greenhouse. I'm sure relaxing in there will cheer Rosa right up."

"I would love to see it, would it ok if I came back in the morning though? I'm a little tired and would like to get some rest first. I'd rather not pass out in there."

"Of course, you're welcome to come back any time." Wisteria turned and walked to a small refrigerator and removed some things before returning to Graslan. "As a reward for helping with my research, I would like you to have these."

The professor handed Graslan an assortment of berries and then pulled two pokéballs off a shelf and handed them to the young trainer. "Quick Balls. Use them at the start of an encounter for an easier chance at capturing a Pokémon."

"Thank you, Professor. I'm glad I could help." Graslan turned and walked toward the door, returning Tara to her pokéball as he walked through the lab. Graslan stepped outside and looked up at the darkening sky, enjoying the red and orange hue of the setting sun.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• The following morning Graslan set out for Professor Wisteria's lab once again, this time with the goal of cheering up his depressed Pokémon. Graslan arrived at the lab, this time not taking three walks around the block to find it. He knocked on the door, this time being quickly greeted by one of the professor's research assistants.

"Ah you must be Mr. DePétale. Wisteria told us you'd be stopping by. Please, come in." Graslan nodded to the man and stepped through the doorway.

"Where is the professor?"

"I'm not entirely sure, she mumbled something about researching potholes, or waffles, or I don't know. I couldn't quite understand what she said but she left to do something. The greenhouse is over there though. I do know for certain that she mentioned you wanting to look at it."

Graslan awkwardly nodded and walked in the direction the assistant had pointed. He walked up to the wall of the glass dome and peered inside. Various grass and bug Pokémon ran around, enjoying the indoor forest built just for them. Graslan jumped back as a Spinarak quickly dropped down, startling the trainer as the face pattern on it's back shifted into a grimace followed by a mocking smile. Rosa looked up at Graslan and rolled her eyes before kicking at the glass door, trying her hardest to push it open.

Graslan cautiously opened the door as Rosa shuffled into the flora filled room. He released Tara into the room as well, the tiny pink Pokémon yelling with glee as she floated about the mini-forest. Graslan smiled as Tara started playing tag with a group off Oddish. Rosa however, was not enjoying the experience. A Grubbin scooted over to Rosa and nudged her, trying to get the rosebud to lighten up. She kicked the grub away then stomped off into a grouping of ferns. Graslan reached for the door so he could enter the greenhouse himself but stopped as he overheard some mumbling.

"Where is it. I'm fairly certain I left it here. But it's not here." The assistant who had previously greeted Graslan as shuffling around some papers on a desk.

"Need help with something?" Graslan walked over to the confused researcher.

"No, I'm fine. Well, maybe. Yeah, sure." The researcher knocked a stack of papers onto the floor. Graslan looked confused by the response of various answers but knelt down to pick up the papers anyway.

"You haven't by chance seen a notebook with stickers, have you?" The man gave up his search on the desk and moved to the fridge.

"Um no… You think it's in there though?" Graslan looked even more confused.

"You'd be surprised where things wind up." The strange man replied. "One time I lost a sandwich. Found the dang thing on the roof three hours later."

"Yeah… been there. Haha…" Graslan awkwardly laughed, recalling the Wingull that terrorized his lunch time on a near-daily basis back in Mohono.

"You haven't happened to see a large file box or two books on pokémon migration and distribution, have you?" The research was now reaching his arm underneath the fridge.

"Not finding any of those books in the bookshelf. And how do you lose a file box anyway?" Graslan walked back to the dome to check on his Pokémon.

"Don't get me started on that. Fortunately, there's no Gulpin here this time so I can rule out the box being eaten. Again."

Graslan shifted his eyes to the researcher then back to the dome. This guy is weird. Maybe I shouldn't have come back. Something in the dome caught Graslan's eye and he turned back to the researcher. "What do the books look like? Like what colors are they? Are there pictures on the covers?"

"The one on distribution is blue and has a golden outline of a Magikarp on the cover and binding. The book on migration is black with multiple white butterfree drawings etched into the cover." The researcher started prying up a loose floor board.

"I think I found your book on Pokémon distribution." Graslan pointed into the dome. The assistant walked up and let out a sigh of relief and annoyance.

"Well thanks for finding it. I just wish Happy didn't have it."

"Happy? Well if it's named that then this can't be so bad." Graslan looked back at the Spinarak who had startled him before. The spider Pokémon now taunting the humans by dangling the book by a thread.

"I named her before I got to know her." The researcher held up his hand to show Graslan two scars. "Trust me, she's not friendly to humans. She's indifferent about towards other Pokémon, but when it comes to humans… I swear she just sits there plotting my death."

"I could grab the book for you. I used to deal with angry Ninjask and Shedinja attacking my garden all the time back home. This should be easy." Graslan opened the door and hopped into the glass dome, quickly closing the door behind him.

"Hey Happy. I'm just gonna grab this book and be on my way." Graslan reached his hand out to the book but jumped back as the arachnid swiftly stuck the book to the tree she was resting on and spit poison bards at him. The Pokémon's shadow stretched out toward Graslan, who stood in confusion as the spider disappeared.

Graslan spun around as the Spinarak's body appeared at the opposite end of its shadow and lunged toward him. Graslan only had time to flinch but the bug's attack was block by Rosa throwing herself in front of her trainer. The Budew flew into Graslan's leg then stood up and started yelling at the attacker.

"Budew! Dew dew budew dew! Bud dew! Dew bud bud!" Graslan had no idea what was being said but, judging by the look on Happy's face, could only assume that she was using obscenities no pokémon that young should know. Tears started pouring out of Happy's eyes and Graslan quietly removed the book from the tree and returned Tara to her Pokéball. Graslan picked up Rosa, who was still screaming at the Spinarak and walked out of the greenhouse.

"Here." The researcher took the book from Graslan then looked at Happy who continued to cry.

"I don't know what your Budew said to her but it worked, so thanks." The researcher ran over to his desk and removed a case, bringing it back to Graslan. "As an apology for the troubles I've caused you can have on of my incenses. Just don't take the lucky one, it's my favorite."

Graslan looked into the case as the man opened it and examined the contents. He took a rose incense and thanked the researcher.

"And I lost my lucky incense. Of course I did." The researcher groaned as he looked at the empty slot in the case where his favorite incense should be.

"As much as I'd love to help you look for it, I should probably get going. Bye." Graslan quickly bowed and ran for the door, not wanting to deal with the professor's weird assistant any further.
    _________________________________________________________​

"With this your attacks will be stronger. I think we can win the next battle against Fletcher."

Graslan held up the incense he received from the lab as he walked through the city, holding Rosa with his other arm. The grass pokémon grumbled and Graslan stopped and set her down, kneeling in front of her to get as close to eye level as he could.

"Don't beat yourself up about our loss yesterday. Everyone loses at some point. Plus, you were at a type disadvantage."

"Budew dew dew" Rosa mocked Graslan.

"Alright fine. Stay mad. We can just give up on our journey now and accept defeat." Graslan sat down and Rosa tilted her head in confusion.

"We can either sit around and mope about our loss to that jerk or can keep pushing on and get stronger. Do you want to show that bird brain that you can win despite being at a type disadvantage?" Rosa reluctantly nodded, still looking upset.

"Good. I'm not giving up on you. And from what I saw earlier, you haven't given up on me. I guarantee our next fight with him will go different. Now, let's go show the world that we're the best team to come out of Mohono." Graslan stood up and reached down to pick up Rosa. She pushed his hand back and puffed out her chest. She motioned for the pair to walk and Graslan crossed through town alongside Rosa.

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-2: Carmelion Beach \Day 3/ {Afternoon}

Wingull Thieves and Unexpected Encounters! (Part ½)

"Give it back!" Momo ran around the beach, looking to be chasing after something high above her. Finn was on her head, shooting out torrents of water constantly, as if trying to hit something. Wind brushed by them, making her bangs fly forward. Momo was about to lift her hand to push back the bangs when she saw Pidge flying after the culprits, "Pidge! Don't lose them!"

Pidge squawed and flapped his wings, gaining as much speed as possible. The culprits looked back and squawked in surprise, almost dropping their prize.

"Don't drop it!" Momo was shaken, if they dropped it now, the item they took would fall in the ocean, and she wouldn't find it due to how vast the ocean is!

"Pan! Pam! What are you doing?!" a voice cried out, causing the culprits to continue flapping, the direction they were going in was the same one the voice came from. The culprits, twin wingulls, landed in front of a young boy with white hair and grey eyes, wearing a yellow jacket and blue swimming trunks. "Where did you two get that fossil? I hope you didn't steal it…"

In that moment, Pidge landed behind the Wingulls and squawked, angered at their actions.

"A Pidgey? Why is one-" "Pidge! Did you catch them?" The male looked up at the voice and saw a female of the same age as him with pink hair and deep blue eyes, wearing what looks like a uniform with two Pokemon, probably her partners, behind her. The boy was shocked at the girl's appearance.
    Momo managed to catch up to the two thieves and Pidge, hoping to get her fossil back. She stopped behind Pidge and glared at the Wingulls before noticing the boy in front of them, thinking he was their trainer.

"Hey! Are you their trainer?" Momo hoped, at least she would get an explanation as to why the Wingulls tried to take her fossil away. One minute she was looking over her plume fossil, the next the Wingulls came and snatched it, flapping away with Pidge following them. "Hello?" Although, her plans might change, the boy isn't responding, just staring at her with a strange look in his eyes.

Finn sat beside her, panting here and there, glaring at the Wingulls for taking his master's item, jumping onto her shoulder for height support. Pidge on the other hand, was glaring, but not at the pokemon. He didn't like the way the male was staring at his master, not one bit, and he was gonna do something about it.

"Um hello?" Momo waved a hand in front, but the male didn't respond, until Pidge pecked his head, the pain bringing him back to reality.

"Ow! Hey!" he waved a hand at Pidge, hoping it would ward him off, but the pokemon didn't stop, only pecking harder. "Stop!"

"Pidge! He's responding! You can stop!" At Momo's call, the bird stopped and flew to her unoccupied shoulder, but not without a glare towards the male. "I'm sorry about him, but...you weren't responding to my calls, are you alright?"

The male stared again, as if in a trance, when he snaped out of it when he saw Pidge about to leave his place, looking like he wanted to peck him again. "Oh! Y-Yeah, im sorry, I was distracted!"

"Distracted? Must have been something important or good to get your attention for that long." Momo chuckled, not noticing the male's blush.

"Y-yeah… It was something…" he stuttered, then mumbled a bit, but Momo couldn't hear him before he flinched and started at her, almost in fear? "You...didn't hear what I said...right?"

"What you said? You said it was something?" Momo was confused at the male's behavior, and more so when he sighed, almost in relief. Did he say anything else, probably , but she couldn't catch it.

"That's good...Anyways, why were you chasing the twins?" He mumbled the first two words, low enough so Momo wouldn't hear. He didn't expect such a cute girl to appear in his sight, but why was she chasing the twin Wingulls?

"They took my fossil that I got from a nearby stand. I was admiring it when they just swooped in and grabbed it."

"What? Why did you guys take her fossil? Give it back to her." He was shocked, directing the last two sentences to the twins, earning squawks before one of them grabbed it and placed it in front of Momo, who carefully grabbed the old item. "What gave you the idea to take some else's stuff in the first place?"

"It's alright, I just came to get my fossil. They might have a good reason." assured Momo, Wingulls weren't the type to steal items, they must have had a good reason to do so.

"I think they do!" called a voice behind the male, shocking the group. The male groaned as an adult male appeared and slapped the teen's back, earning a yelp of pain. "You see, those twins belong to me! I gave them a task when I left to do something quickly, and it looks like they accomplished it!"

"A task? What tasks required them to steal from someone?!" The teen scowled, shocked and a bit miffed at the adult.

"That doesn't matter now." he waved away the teen's curiosity before turning to Momo, smiling apologetic. "I'm sorry about Pan and Pam, I didn't think they would take your fossil for the task I gave them. I hope they didn't cause you too much trouble."

"They already did brother!" exclaimed the teen.

*Mini-Timeskip*

"I see… Well, I'm sorry again. If there's something you need help with, tell us and we'll help. Think of that as compensation for what my twins did." offered Tousaka, the twins on his shoulders, looking apologetic.

"It's alright, the fossil wasn't harmed, so it's all good." assured Momo, hoping to ease the two a bit.

"You're lucky your twins didn't break her fossil, brother." drawled Toby, still angry about the event. Momo sweatdropped when Tousaka slapped Toby on the back, laughing merrily. After she got her fossil back, she was introduced to the boy and his brother, Toby and Tousaka. They came to the beach for a vacation, but his brother left to go do an errand, leaving Toby with his Wingulls.

"Hey Momo, are you a powerful trainer?" Momo was surprised at Tousaka's question, but shook her head.

"Me? No, im not that powerful, although my friend on the other hand…" she trailed off when she remembered how well Arthur battled compared to hers, reminding her of her failure. A pat on the back brought her back, hearing Tousaka's laughter.

"C'mon, I want you to battle my brother and lets test those skills!" At the task, the two teens looked at the oldest, confused.

"Wait… me?! Bro!" "Tousaka-san, there's no need to!"

"Nonsense, there's nothing wrong with a friendly battle! And besides, I heard that the graduating class is traveling at the moment, so I wanted to see how far on your journey you are."

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Carmelion Beach || Team:
    latest

Day: Three || Time: Morning

Sandy Troubles

Kira gave a disappointed sigh as she looked out towards the crowded sand. The one thing she missed most from her home in Kiuita town was its beaches so when she first heard of Carmelion Beach she was ecstatic to check it out. However, now that she was finally there, it was nothing like the quiet shoreline back at home.

Trying to make the most of it she could, Kira stretched out her arms and took a deep breath, taking in the warm, salty ocean breeze. If she closed her eyes it was almost like home… At least until the overpowering scent of suntan lotion finally got to her.

With one last heavy sigh, she quietly she sauntered across the sand, dodging beach towels and sun bathers as she headed towards Akurnai city. As she continued along the beach, a kid ran up to her and began accosting her for attention.

"Ma'am! How do you feel about the opportunity of a lifetime!?" Asked this strange little kid. "For a nominal rental fee you can borrow some digging tools to use for the rest of the day! Many people have already found rare items, some including fossils! How about it?"

Kira gave this kid a strange look, who would rent a toy shovel from some kid at the beach, was he saving for a Casteliacone or something? "No thanks kid, I'm not in the mood…" Kira said in a disheartened tone.

"Kid? You're not even that much older than me!" He pouted

Kira looked over the kid for just a moment, he couldn't be any older than 8, maybe 9. Did she really look that young or was he just trying to get to her? Either way, she really wasn't in the mood to deal with him. "Sorry, not interested…" She said, moving along the beach, ignoring his further protests.

*****​

Eventually, as she wandered about the coastline, Kira noticed the beach began to clear out. Starting to get hopeful, she picked up her pace, excited at the possibility of finding a secluded section of the beach. After a few hundred yards the beach was completely abandoned, and it was clear why. Roped pylons were set up all the way to the coast, closing off this section of the beach.

"This must be leftover from the migration…" Kira thought to herself, looking over the roped area. Curiosity getting the best of her, she looked around for a moment to be sure nobody was around and crossed under the rope barrier.

Nothing seemed that different as she wandered about the closed off area. Looks like somebody just forgot to remove some of the roping for the migration. Her spirits beginning to rise again with this discovery, Kira quickly headed out towards the coastline and threw out Azure's ball.

"I've got a treat for you today Azure!" Kira announced excitedly, referring to the ocean as she did so. Azure looked around excitedly before rolling towards the water, letting the rising tide wet his flippers.

"Go ahead and go for a swim bud, there shouldn't be any people out there to worry about." She said, urging the Spheal out into the water. Azure was more than happy to oblige and with a thrilled bark he rolled his way out.

Kira found a nice place in the sand and sat back, content with just enjoying the breeze without the sound of hundreds of people yelling at once. Normally she'd be more than happy to join Azure out in the water however she never saw the need to pack swimwear when she left to the academy. One of her biggest regrets by far. Pulling out a bag of Pokémon crackers, she began to relax and enjoy her snack.

After about several minutes Kira's snack is interrupted by a panicked yelp coming from the ocean, Azure quickly gliding across the surface towards the coast. Concerned for him Kira quickly leapt to her feet, crumbs from the crackers falling into the sand as she tried to figure out what was going on.

Azure, wasting no time as he beached rolled over towards Kira and wove his flipper around. It seemed far more red than usual, much like it's been pinched. Putting two and two together quickly, Kira scanned the beach as the disgruntled Krabby slowly made its way towards the two of them, snapping its claws aggressively at the trespassers.

Azure puffed out his chest as the Krabby approached, much more confident now that Kira was nearby. "Quick Azure, Water gun!" Kira cried out, Azure shooting a steady stream of water in response. While it battered against it directly, the Krabby didn't seem to mind so much as it continued scuttling towards the pair.

"Alright azure, this time pow…" Kira began before cutting herself off midway through the command. Her mind began to quickly race as the situation she was in quickly dawned on her. She was in a restricted area, battling against a Pokémon that was being protected for a migration. She could get into some serious trouble if she was caught, leaving it fainted or frozen on the beach was clearly a bad idea. Not only that, if she tried to catch it and failed she'd be leaving behind broken ball parts…

Azure looked back at Kira with a concerned look, unsure of what to do with her being so quiet. The Krabby however was ever diligent in protecting its territory. Momentarily gaining a bright sheen, the Krabby swung at Azure with one of its claws.

Azure gave a sharp whine as the claw struck him, Kira only managing to grimace in response. Figuring there was no other option, Kira quickly retrieved Azure's ball and returned him before booking it back towards the barrier rope. Fortunately, she was a fair amount faster than the crab and made it safely across the rope and back to the road with no Krabby in sight.

Winded after her short sprint, Kira went over and sat against one of the nearby road barriers. Looking up towards the sky anxiously, Worried that somebody might have saw her. After a few minutes of seeing nothing but Wingull she gave an exhausted sigh, her heart pounding at the idea of what would have happened if somebody were watching, would they even care? Figuring there was no real point in worrying about it anymore, Kira shook off the thoughts and finally started to head into Akurnai City.

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-3: Carmelion Beach \Day 3/ {Afternoon}

Wingull Thieves and Unexpected Encounters! (Part 2/2)

"Alright! Let the battle between Momo and Toby commence!"

Right after Tousaka announced that the two teens would battle, Toby complained that he couldn't due to only having one Pokemon, so his brother lend him the twin Wingulls, leaving Momo at a slight disadvantage.

"Pidge, Sand Attack!" At Momo's orders, Pidge turned around and kicked back his feet, throwing as much sand as possible at his opponent. Sadly, the move had no effect as Wingull opened his beak and let out a growl right at him, causing the receiver to flinch and his attack was lowered.

"Sorry! But the female Wingull has Keen Eye, use Water Gun!" commented Toby, blushing when Momo smiled at him, "No worries! We're going to work around that, use Tackle!"

Pidge shook himself off the growl and jumped, flapping his wings and flying low towards the Wingull, catching her off guard, and ended up headbutting her.

"Air Cutter!" As Wingull was shaking her head, trying to simmer down the pain, Pidge flapped his wings at her, hurling blades of air at her. Wingull looked towards Pidge and saw the attack, but it was too late to dodge, hitting her and smoke erupted when the attack hit.

"Pam!" There was no response, Pidge floated over and flapped his wings, sending wind to clear out the smoke/dust and revealed a fainted Wingull.

"Good job Pidge!" praised Momo, causing Pidge to puff out his chest in pride. He may have lost the battle again Clefairy, but he's not going to lose anytime soon! Once Pam's twin, the male Wingull was out, Pidge turned and jumped into the air, Wingull copying his movement.

"Air Cutter/Water Gun!" At the command of the two trainers, their pokemon send their attacks simultaneously. Pidge's other wing was soaked,now one wing was semi-wet and the other had floppy feathers. On the other hand, the smoke around Wingull dispersed after the attack hit and revealed an injured bird, using most of his strength to keep his wings moving.

"Quick Attack Pan!" Wingull squawked as he was covered in an outline of white energy and swiftly soared towards Pidge, causing said Pokemon to flinch at the pain.

"Pidge, Tackle!" Pidge quickly shook of the pain and turned, tackling Pan in the back, pushing the Wingull down a few inches. "Air Cutter!" As Wingull turned to retaliate, Pidge flapped and send air blades, the result the same as his twin, on the sand fainted.

"That was amazing Pidge, amazing job." Momo praised as Pidge landed in front of her, chirping in delight at the praises.

"Awesome, he was able to defeat the twins so easily! Your Pokemon must be strong." complimented Toby as he returned Pan and released a Krabby.

"Thanks! I try to train them the best I can without overdoing it." commneted Momo as Pidge jumped onto her shoulder. "It's your turn Finn!" At the call, Finn chirped and ran over stopping infront of Momo and facing off against Krabby.

"Krabby's defense is in tip-top shape! It will be hard to defeat him! Harden Krabs!" Krabs the Krabby clicked his claws as he glowed a steel-grey color of s second, his defense rising.

"Hopefully, Finn can change that. Mud Slap!" Finn turned and use his back feet to send splats of mud at Krabs, covering his face his mud and pushing him back a bit. Krabs cried out, trying to scrub the mud off as his accuracy lowered, his sight hindered by the mud. Sadly, he was unable to scrub the mud due to how his claws are structured, only making it worse.

"Try Leer Krabs!" Said Pokemon looked up and narrowed his eyes, trying the move, but due to the mud, he couldn't pinpoint the direction Finn was at, allowing the MudFish to dodge his sight.

"Water Gun!" Finn puffed his cheeks and let out a torrent of water, hitting Krabby in the face, sending him back a few inches. The move was strengenthed by the Mystic Water, causing more damage, but it also helped wash off half the mud on his face, allowing the crab to regain most of his sight.

"Use the same as them Krabs!" Krabs pinpointed where Finn was and turned, opening his mouth and replicating Finn, but…"Dodge and Water Gun again!" the Mudfish pokemon jumped out of the way and reciprocated with another torrent of water, now washing off the rest of the mud.

"One more time Krabs, Water Gun!" Krabs released a torrent and this time, the water hit Finn, making said pokemon flinch and back a few centimeters, but he shook himself and chirped.

"Mud Slap behind!" Finn swiftly ran around the crab, behind him, and before the Pokemon could turn, used his tail fin to send one last splat of mud, hitting him on the back and making him faceplant the sand, fainting.

"Krabs!" Toby ran over and turned the pokemon, seeing his swirly eyes and sighed. "You're too powerful Momo, how much do you train?"

"Well, I don't train as much as others think. It's probably the pokemon that we train with and how hard they are to defeat." The girl nervously chuckled as Finn jumped into her arms, chirping excitedly as if telling her about his battle. "That was a good battle Finn, nice job!"

After the battle, Momo realized the time and apologized to the brothers before leaving.

"I gotta go, I still have about an hours travel into the city and I want to get there before its dark, i'll see you guys later on!"

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    SrJ0qIM.png
    Riley Blackwood
    Current Party:
    810.png
    /
    163.png
    /
    pokeball.png
    /
    pokeball.png
    /
    pokeball.png
    /
    pokeball.png
    Chapter 1: Burger Brawl
    Carmelion Beach / Day 3

Riley Blackwood stared down at the paper in her hand, her pen tapping lightly against it as she stared aimlessly out at the sea. The gentle roar of the pristine, blue sea out before her, while proving to be very calming, did very little to offer any inspiration to the girl Rather, the sea seemed to be having the opposite effect. The mixing of lullaby being played by the crashing waves, mixing in with the bright sun and the gentle breeze was only helping to cause the already drowsy girl to feel even more tired. Riley could feel her eyelids getting droopy, which in turn caused her desire to work on what was sure to be her first big hit to drift out into the briny deep she happened to be staring at.

"No, no... This just ain't gonna be doin' it for me," Riley muttered, a yawn escaping her lips in the process. "I dunno how the people in this town do it. All this scenery does is make more sleepy... and that bright sun ain't helpin' out much either... The whole deal is bullocks. I know it's been a year or so now, but this place definitely ain't no Spikemuth..."

Riley slowly picked herself off the ground, stretching her body out for a moment before slowly starting to pad her way across the beach. At the very least, the white-haired teenager had had the common sense to sit at the water's edge. This would provide her with ample opportunity to not worry too much about burning the soles of her feet off by treading across the hot sand. While she had initially wore her boots and stockings down to the beach, they were quickly stripped and tucked away safely inside of her backpack once her feet had begun to get to hot.

"Guess there ain't too much more sense in just bummin' 'round on the beach... Come on ya lot, let's get goin'!"

Gazing over her shoulder, Riley whistled for two Pokémon to start following her. One, a cheerful and energetic Grookey she had dubbed "Bongo", was currently having the time of his life bashing his little twig against an empty tin can he had found on the beach. Bongo had happened to be Riley's starter, the Pokémon she had received while she was busy learning at the academy. While the teenager would have probably preferred something with a bit more of an edge to it, the Grookey had quickly managed to worm his way into her heart. If anything, Bongo was a reminder of her time back in Galar and she was thankful to have that memory of home along side of her for however long this journey was going to be. As Bongo ran with glee towards his trainer, he was followed closely by a fluttering Hoothoot. Anise, as she had been dubbed by Riley, again wasn't a Pokémon that the teenager had planned on catching... in fact, she had debated about releasing her not long after the catch was made. That said, Anise had proved to be good company... and things might have gotten a bit lonely had it just been her and Bongo.

Riley paused in her trek just long enough for the two Pokémon to catch up. Bongo wasted no time in scurrying up to ride on the teenager's shoulders, while Anise was recalled back into her poké ball to get a break from the sun and the sand for the time being. Once the Grookey was situated, Riley resumed her walk.

"It shouldn't take us too much time to get to Akurnai City from here," Riley explained. "After this beach and those two sleepy little cities, I'm itchin' to get back into some kinda normalcy... I mean, it ain't gonna be no Spikemuth, but I'm sure it'll be better than some of the last places we've been to, right mate?" Grookey's response came in the form of a low grumble, one that his trainer was quickly able to process was coming from the chimp Pokémon's belly. A small sigh escaped the girl's lips. "I swear, mate... You're like a bottomless pit. Don't ya ever get full?"

Of course, Riley wasn't about to admit that she too could do with a small bite to eat. They had been at the beach for a while and... well, with it still being a little ways to Akurnai City, it would probably be better to eat sooner rather than later. Thankfully, there were various little snack carts set up along the beach. So, it shouldn't take them too long to find something decent to eat. Riley herself had a desire for a burger... and there was a rather pleasant scent in the air that seemed to be leading her in just the direction she needed to go to satisfy that craving.

It was only a matter of moments before bright, emerald-green eyes happened to fall upon a small burger stand about half way up the beach. Not too far off from the stand, a rather sleepy looking Granbull seemed to be soaking up some rays from the sun. The Grookey riding on Riley's shoulder suddenly began to wriggle and squirm with excitement, pointing at the stand with a squeal of delight slipping past his mouth and waving his stick around with glee. A small smile graced Riley's own lips at her partner's antics.

"Alright, alright… Keep your cool, love… We'll be there soon," Riley reassured Bongo as she closed in on the stand briskly. She waved to the cook as she arrived. "Yo! Ya got some good grub here? Me an' my partner are starvin' for a bite to eat!"

"Partner?" The large man leaned around his station to get a better look. His eyes narrowed. "Ugh, a trainer? Go somewhere else, kid."

Riley's smile faltered just a bit. Still, she pressed on. "Uh… yeah, I'm a trainer…? That ain't too much of a problem for ya, is it? We just want a burger or two."

"Don't serve trainers." The man flipped a burger neatly onto a bun. "Go get you an ice cream or something."

""Oi, did your mum raise ya up to be that rude…?" Riley questioned, crossing her arms over her chest. "We ain't in the mood for any ice cream… We came here for a burger. Come on, just grill one up for us and we'll split. We ain't here for a chinwag or to bother ya, mate."

"Babydoll." The cook said placidly. The Granbull raised its head with a lazy, questioning sound. "Run these two outta here, hm?"

Babydoll drew herself up onto her hind legs with a grumble and plodded toward Riley, shoving her way into the girl's space in an attempt to herd her.

Riley staggered backwards, almost losing her balance in the process. Bongo could feel his annoyance growing during this situation. He was hungry and this big pink… thing was trying to come between him and his lunch? The Grookey was not going to stand for this sort of defiance! Without warning, Bongo quickly hopped off of Riley's shoulder, making an attempt to slap at the Granbull with his stick. With a loud "thwack" Bongo managed to smack the big Fairy-type right in the middle of her noggin, an attack that seemed to earn both the Grookey and his trainer a rather feral sounding growl.

"What is this…? Ya go around sayin' ya don't serve trainers when ya are one?" Riley questioned, giving the cook a rather fierce glare.

The cook snorted. "Y'think all people with Pokémon are trainers? 'Course not. Babydoll's a pet. However," his voice dropped into a steely register. "She still knows how to fight when she needs to. Does she need to?"

"Look… ya can get shirty all ya want, but me an' me mate here? We ain't leavin' until ya grill up some grub for us," Riley replied. Despite the vast height difference, the white-haired girl was trying her best to look intimidating as she spoke. "So, cut to the chase and fire up the grill!"

"Babydoll." The Granbull glanced back toward her owner. "You can play with them. Play rough, even."

Babydoll perked up at the command and swung her attention back to Riley. With a booming bark she dove toward the girl and her Pokémon. Riley clenched her fists, bracing herself for impact, but a loud screech filled the air as Bongo hopped towards the charging Granbull. He took a swing at the Granbull with his stubby little claws, attempting to scratch the big pink Pokémon with all the strength he could muster. The Granbull took the opportunity to slobber all over Bongo's arm, sending a horrified shudder through the now-dripping Pokémon.

Bongo had a look of absolute repulsion on his face as he hopped back, shaking the drool off of his arm in an attempt to somehow get it dry. Riley gave a look of confusion for a moment before looking back towards the cook, who was serenely serving a customer.

"Ya might be right… Ya definitely ain't a trainer…" the teenager muttered. She focused her attention back towards her Grookey and the cook's Granbull. "Bongo, go in for another Branch Poke!"

Bongo took hold of his stick tightly and began to charge back towards the larger Pokémon. He hopped up, and prepared to jab his beloved stick right into the Granbull's gut. The Granbull crunched down on the stick and yanked it, dragging Bongo along until the monkey finally let go.

Bongo stared at the Granbull in absolute anger, a fit of rage exploding forth as the Grookey began to hop around in an attempt to get hold of his precious treasure. The Granbull spat out the stick and barreled into Bongo, throwing her whole weight into wrestling him to the ground.

"Are you done, trainer?" called the cook, not even looking in her direction.

"Until I see a burger in my hands, this ain't over!" Riley snapped. She called back Bongo into his poké ball before placing it into a pocket on her leather jacket before calling out Anise to take his place. The Hoothoot let out a loud hoot as she fluttered forward, taking her place between her trainer and the Granbull. "Alright Anise, attack with Peck!"

The Hoothoot fluttered forward, aiming to drive her beak right into the middle of the pink Pokémon's forehead. A deafening blast of sound washed across the beach, knocking the bird back with the sheer volume.

The cook smiled, still not looking up. Riley seemed unimpressed, however. Rather, a faint smile returned to her lips once more.

"Ya think you're gonna outsound us, mate…?" Riley questioned. "Lemme tell ya, bein' loud is somethin' us folks from Spikemuth can handle in spades! Anise… Echoed Voice!"

Riley's Hoothoot shook her head, regaining her senses before turning to face the Granbull once more. Anise took a deep breath, before letting out a loud… and very obnoxious hoot as she stared the pink Pokémon down. The Granbull barked back, waves of sound stirring up the sand just as much as its stomping footsteps as it barreled toward the little owl. The din only subsided when powerful jaws crunched down on Anise's wing and swung her in a sharp arc, letting go at the apex.

Anise wailed in pain as it was sent crashing to the ground. Riley looked on in horror, before quickly rushing to the owl Pokémon's side.

"Babydoll," the cook called. The Granbull swung around and bounded back to the burger stand, happily catching the scraps her owner tossed her way. He put his tools away and rubbed his dog's ears, cooing at her nonsensically.

Riley scowled at the man and his Pokémon. She had met some uptight and stuck up people before… After all, Spikemuth was right next door to Hammerlocke. That said, this man was insufferable. Still the girl had one last attempt to try and get a burger… Besides, there was no way he'd send his Granbull to physically assault her, right…? She quickly called Anise back into her poké ball before stashing it away with Bongo's. A few moments passed, before the girl suddenly fell to her knees.

"...Oh, bloody hell…" Riley suddenly moaned, clutching her stomach for emphasis. "I feel… I feel like I'm gonna…"

The man ignored her, intent on cheerfully wrestling with his dog.

Riley began to force herself to dry heave, her voice becoming choked up as she began to make herself gag. "What… What the hell did ya put in those b-burgers?!" She began to cough violently… slowly gathering the attention of several nearby beach goers.

The man finally allowed her some attention. "Well, that's a tactic," he said, squishing Granbull's jowls.

One of the onlookers, a young woman, walked up to Riley with concern on her face. "...Hey kid…? Are you okay? What's going on…?"

"I'm… I'm gonna be sick," Riley quickly shot out between gags. "T-That guy's burgers… I ate one and now… I think he's u-usin' tainted b-beef!"

The man rolled his eyes. "She's a trainer, Heather."

"Ah." The young woman sent the eye-roll right back at him. "And you're still on your anti-trainer shit, aren't you?"

"Didn't feed her anything," the man sulked, draping himself over Babydoll.

"Yeah, I know. So what're you up to, kid?" Heather asked, addressing Riley again.

Riley groaned in frustration, a sound that was only drowned out by two things now… the waves of the ocean breaking against the shore and the growls now coming from her own stomach. "I… just… want… a bloody hamburger! What hell is up with this whole wanky region?!"

Heather rolled her eyes. "Just walk like, five minutes toward Akurnai and there's another burger place. If Eddie doesn't want your money, don't give it to him. Who cares?" She shrugged.

"Wait, there's another burger stand…?" Riley questioned, quickly rising up to her feet. The white-haired girl glanced over in the direction Heather pointed before glaring back at Eddie "Why the hell didn't this bloody chav say anythin' 'bout it?!"

"I told you to leave, didn't I?"

Riley scoffed, picking herself up off the ground and then dusting the sand off of her skirt. "Whatever… Just give me back my Grookey's stick and then ya can go jam your ketchup squirter up your arse for all I care."

Eddie gestured vaguely. "It's probably in the sand somewhere. You think I was watching? I'm no trainer."

Riley's glare deepened, the girl pointing at his Granbull's paw.. "Your bloody mutt took it. Now give it back."

"She doesn't keep sticks," Eddie shrugged. "Good luck."

Bongo grew to level 12! Razor Leaf was learned and Growl was forgotten!
    Anise grew to level 8!

Riley's Current Assessment: Kinyo Sucks!

Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Akurnai City, late afternoon

Edison arrived in Akurnai City just before sundown. It was undoubtedly one of the busiest places he'd ever been. People were walking, talking, shouting, tripping, laughing, and generally making a lot of noise. It was like some sort of dance, but a dance where the steps were random and the music was just city sounds. Edison found himself following the crowd, which by and large seemed to be accumulating in the middle of the city. A building that was probably the Gym, but had definitely seen better days, was the scene of all the commotion. A wooden stage had been set up, with a small bundle of chairs and a podium in the center. Oh, and there were people up there, too.

Edison was looking at his Holotch, considering scanning for Pokemon, when his attention was grabbed by floodlights illuminating the stage. He happened to be looking at his watch already, idly noting the time of 1715. The crowd cheered loudly as a voice announced someone named "Ravenna". Edison was a bit put off by the sudden roar of sound, but his protests were drowned out, so he just watched as Ravenna leaned casually on the podium, shooting the crowd a bright smile.

"Aw, thank you everyone! Nice to see you all out for us today!" With just a few words, she set off the crowd again, albeit more restrained this time. "I have some special guests with me here! Your mayor, Lawrence Hardt!" Thunderous applause again, though less whooping. "Your gym leader, Deidre!" Polite applause, and a singular "Yeah!" from somewhere in the back. "And your regional champion… Casimir!" Again with the loud clapping, and quite a bit of whoops, though more whistles? Edison wasn't sure why, and made a mental note to look into it later. But Ravenna kept talking over the noise.

"Now you've probably noticed our backdrop by now..." she gestured to the Gym. "Well, we're all here to talk about exactly that! Casimir, how'd you like to start us out?"

Ravenna stepped aside, bowing to (presumably) Casimir as he approached. He stuck out his tongue at her, garnering a laugh from much of the crowd. Edison presumed there was an inside joke he wasn't privy to, making him feel a little left out.

Casimir got serious rather quickly, checking his notes. "As we all know, Kinyo's great tradition of Pokémon training has suffered a great decline in the last seven years. Despite the hard work put in by members of the Pokémon League and all its supporters, the number of trainers continues to dwindle. As of two days ago, even the esteemed Mahono Academy has closed its doors for the final time."

Edison nodded sagely. He was there, after all. A few people murmured amongst themselves, leading him to believe not as many people knew as Casimir had claimed. The Champion pressed on regardless.

"The last graduating class is making their way to Akurnai at this very moment." Edison snorted as he held back a laugh. How right the man was...

"No trainers from abroad have submitted applications to challenge Kinyo's Pokémon League. This is all pointing toward a true end for the culture of Pokémon training in this region." He said with an audible breath. He looked sad, and there were more murmurs. More sympathetic ones this time. Edison thought about it, and supposed that the Champion would be saddened that no one was challenging the League. His job and title relied on it.

"Akurnai as a city is making a name for itself throughout the Kinyo region. Space inside the core city is in high demand. Considering all of this, it has been decided that the Pokémon Gym is to be demolished and replaced with a new development."

"Wait, what?" Edison blurted, surprisingly audible in the mostly silent crowd, but he didn't get a response.

"Leader Deidre..." Casimir gestured to the pale woman in one of the chairs behind him. "...will be taking challenges at the Vinylace Gym starting two days from now." He sighed, his face carefully neutral. "Thank you for your support over the years." With that, he took his seat, and the crowd applauded as Ravenna returned to the podium.

"Thank you, Champion Casimir! Now, the next question that's obviously on everyone's minds is 'What's going to replace the old gym?' Well, basically… it's going to be amazing! The coolest part is that it's going to be the tallest building in Akurnai once it's finished, but we have Mayor Hardt here to go into all the fantastic details!"

Edison stopped paying attention as the Mayor took the stage. His gaze was fixed on Deidre, who had been utterly silent during the whole event. As such, he noticed when she left, although most didn't seem to, including the Mayor. He tried to follow her with his eyes, to see where she went, but was jostled as the man in front of him whispered to a friend, "Just runnin' back to that bar of hers, I bet." The friend scoffed in agreement.

"Bar? What bar?" Edison grabbed the man's shoulder, but his hand was shrugged off.

"Man, I don't know. Everyone knows she works at one, but I don't remember. Now hush, I'm trying to listen."

Edison wrote the man off as useless, but further attempts to gather information were similarly rebuked. Some others were leaving, apparently not as interested in the sociopolitical climate as they thought they'd be, giving Edison a chance to escape the horde.

"Vinylace Gym..." He mused to himself once he was free of the crowd. "That's a ways off, but it's not for two days..." He called up his Holotch display, tabbing over to the town map.

"If I can find her now, somehow convince her to battle me before she leaves, I can cross this badge off the list and focus on the important part of this journey." A quick search for bars yielded four results, though only three within walking distance of the Gym. The fourth was curious for being so far removed from the others, but he reigned his curiosity in to focus on the most logical option. He was roughly equidistant from two of them, so he set his destination for the bar that required fewer turns.

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
    latest

Day: Three || Time: Noon

Trouble in the City

Kira briskly walked down the busy city streets anxiously looking back and forth, she wasn't used to being in a large city like this alone. In an attempt to calm herself she pulled her Holotch from her pocket and brought up a map of the city, focusing on it instead of her surroundings.

"Alright, looks like the Gym is smack dab in the middle of the city. Seems like a rather fitting place." Kira said out loud to no one in particular. Scrolling through the map, she picked out what she figured to be the closest path to the gym and made a quick turn left in result. "Oh, there's an amusement park! I'll have to be sure to check that out later."

After a few minutes of walking Kira found her way to a rather lonely stretch of road, not a single other person in sight. Suddenly missing the crowded streets she left behind she picked up her pace, breaking into a light jog down the road. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted something run down the alley way. With a clear, audible gasp she quickly turned to see a younger looking girl with short mahogany hair duck around a corner, the sight of the rest of her body being conveniently covered by nearby crates. Not interested in finding out what's going on as at all, Kira broke out into a sprint down the road.

A few hundred yards away and Kira finally made it back to a populated part of the street. Looking around for the strange girl one last time Kira gave a sigh of relief as she didn't see her, she was really beginning to hate the city...

After finding a much safer route, Kira finally found her way to the center of the city and it seemed busy to say the least. A crew of people seemed to be setting up a stage of sorts, complete with lights and everything right in front of the gym. Perhaps they were there to welcome the students? Probably a hopeful thought however Kira couldn't think of any other reason they would set up right there of all places. "Guess I'm not gonna be making that challenge just yet…"

Pulling out her Holotch again, Kira took a quick note of the time advertised on one of the nearby banners, not wanting to miss whatever this is she set an alarm for thirty minutes before. Figuring she had more than enough time to get back there for it, she swapped over to her maps app and plotted out a course to the south side of the city, more than happy to check out the amusement park there.

"Ugh, figures it doesn't open until four…" Kira whined as she looked over the park's entrance. Figuring that she wouldn't have time to check it out without missing whatever was going on in front of the gym, Kira turned around and started heading back along the docks, figuring she can check out a few of the stores in the center of town while she waited. As she walked though, a woman in construction clothes called out towards Kira.

"There you are!" the woman shouted, hastily making her way towards Kira.

Kira took a defensive step back, unsure of what to think of this strange woman. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

Without any warning the woman reached forward and grabbed Kira by the wrist "The person you just stole from." she said with venom in her tone.

"The hell!?" Kira exclaimed, struggling against her grasp. "Let me go! I'll scream!"

"Go ahead, we planned on calling the police anyway. We've got you on camera!" The woman mocked. Calmly she pulled out a radio and spoke into it. "Hey Frank, I caught her! Give me some help, I'm over by the amusement park."

Kira mind began to race as she mentioned catching her on camera. She has stolen stuff in the past but never in this city, hell she's only been here for an hour or two! Defiantly she continued struggling against her grasp, however the older woman was quite a bit stronger than her. "I didn't do anything!"

"Right, because so many girls have a hair color like yours, much less that short as well." She scoffed, dragging her towards the construction site.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 4 - 1
    Another Morning, Another Trouble

A cool breeze swept through the sandy terrain, most of the Pokemon in the vicinity was still asleep, it wasn't much different to the people who were still sleeping soundly in their home. However, one young man was jogging on the beach trail alongside his Steel-type Pokemon floating beside him. The Holotch was showing 5:30 AM which was still very early but after a few incidents before, the boy decided that he would need an exercise to prepare him as much as possible with any situations that could befall him in the future.

"Ahh, so nice to be exercising properly again." Arthur murmured to himself as he looked over to his once dodgy shoulder, the fact that his shoulder was in a better shape put him in a great mood, and with most of the Krabby gone from the beach, he could enjoy a nice jog accompanied by the sound of the wave and cool breeze touching his face.

"Dum~" Braveheart happily accompanied his trainers early morning exercise, it should've been in a deep slumber at that early, but the victory against Herdier yesterday put it in a great mood.

Arthur and Braveheart immediately rest themselves after they went quite a distance, Arthur sat on a bench and immediately gulped some of the Fresh Water he prepared beforehand for the journey. He enjoyed the quiet atmosphere even if the sun hasn't shown up at all.

Unfortunately for Arthur, the quiet atmosphere didn't last very long as not long after he could hear a squawking noise from far away. "What's that noise? It sounded just like a bird Pokemon. We should take a look." Arthur and Braveheart ran over to see what's the commotion all about. Apparently, the noise came from a Wingull who was fighting with a Krabby.

They appeared to fight for an Oran Berry that was held by the Krabby. "I guess hunger could drove Pokemon to fight each other, eh." Arthur grabbed one of the Aspear Berries he had on his bag and tried to lure the Wingull away from the Krabby. Wingull who realized the Aspear Berry swooped in and immediately took the berry from the hand of Arthur.

Arthur murmured at the sight. "Glad it's all over, I should continue my jog then."

Arthur talked too soon, just as his sight was fully focused at the road in front of him, Krabby immediately attacked Wingull with Vise Grip. Wingull squawked in panic as the Krabby locked one of its pincher on the Wingull's wings, the noise alerted Arthur who looked back at their direction.

Just as Arthur turned back, the Krabby threw the Wingull away towards the nearby sand mound. The Krabby immediately tried to munch away the Aspear Berry that was laying in front of him.

"What the hell is going on!? Braveheart, Take Down!" Arthur was surprised at how the situation turned out, even if he didn't want to disturb wild Pokemon recklessly but the action made of by greedy Krabby had already crossed the line for him.

The Krabby managed to dodge the attack and instead grabbed a handful of sand with its pincher which was immediately slung towards the Iron Ball Pokemon.

The strategy wasn't something that Arthur was unfamiliar with, but it's certainly an annoying one to handle. "Not this again! Braveheart, stay still and don't look back."

The Iron Ball Pokemon stayed put at the order which left him protected from the sand which only hit his back. Unfortunately for Braveheart, it also left him open for a surprise attack from the Krabby, it caused Braveheart to eat a Mud Shot from the Krabby.

The Krabby let out a noise, it seemed to Arthur that it was laughing at what just happened to Braveheart Arthur gritted his teeth because of the Krabby's action. It is one thing for a Pokemon to eat voraciously, but stealing the food of other Pokemon through brute force? It was an action that definitely deserved some punishment in Arthur's mind.

"So much for leisurely strolling the beach… You want to have fun at others' expenses, eh? Then as much as I want to settle this peacefully, it's time for some punishment. Braveheart, throw it away towards the sea, Zen Headbutt!

Braveheart launched itself at high speed, the Krabby retaliated with another Mud Shot but the Iron Ball Pokemon managed to control its levitating altitude with psychic power and dodged the incoming attack. The greedy Crab Pokemon was letting out noises as Braveheart tackled it with high speed, eventually stopping when it was far enough to chuck away the Krabby without causing any problem.

"Okay then, now that's settled. Take it easy, little guy… This should help you recover." Arthur left another Oran Berry alongside with the Aspear Berry from earlier. He then stood up to continue his walk towards Akurnai before he felt something tugging his pants.

When looked down he realized it was the Wingull that caused it, the Wingull clamped his pants in an effort to prevent Arthur from getting away. Arthur was confused and couldn't think of a reason why did the Wingull stopped him from continuing his journey. But he eventually understood when it pointed to the Pokeball the young man prepared to put Braveheart in to rest.

"So you want to join me? Haha, great… Now I have four Pokemon. But, what should I name you? Hmm…" Arthur contemplated on what name he should give his new partner. "How about Kaplan?" The Wingull nodded happily and went inside of one of Arthur's vacant Pokeball.

Arthur continued his walk, the rest of the road was thankfully free from any incident. Soon, he reached the gate of Akurnai City. He was looking forward to what the city will have in store for him and his Pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evily

Years

• Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 4-4: Akurani City\Day 3/ {Evening}

Arriving at Akurani!

"So many lights…"
    A pinkette walks through the streets of Akurani City, the city's many light shows and many buildings was an eye-opener for the teen. A Pidgey was on her shoulder, looking at the passing crowd with narrowed eyes as the girl was looking around, trying to decide where to go. Her train of thought was broken when she heard whimpering and what sounded like shuffling from her right, which led into a dark alleyway.

She turned and saw a box a few feet away, the whimpering continued as something shuffled inside the box. What the? Momo slowly moved over and looked inside the box, only to see a smaller-than-average Lillipup, curled up and shivering.
    "A Lillipup?" Hearing Momo's mumbling, said Pokémon's ears perked up and looked, seeing the female trainer with a Pidgey on her shoulder. At first the female pup was confused, but then she noticed how strong the Pidgey was: stronger than her old trainer's Pokémon. But that wasn't it, she could sense a stronger Pokemon close by. The Lillipup placed her front paws on the cardboard box, leaning her weight, and barked at the trainer, her tail wagging.

Momo blinked when the Lillipup fell over due to pushing most of the weight onto the side of the box, making it tip towards the trainer. She chuckled as the Lillipup quickly stood up and stood in front of Momo, barking happily. Momo, hesitantly, picked the puppy, noticing that the Pokémon was dirty, looked a bit famished and thirsty, and she was very cheerful, despite her circumstances. As she was thinking about what to do with the Pokémon, she heard a sniffle, and when Momo turned, it was coming from deeper in the alleyway, giving her bad vibes. Was I hearing things? As she was about to turn to the opening, holding the puppy Pokémon, she heard the hissing of a cat followed by a pained cry. Definitely not hearing things!

~* In an Alley *~
    "Please...stop…" Hiss! A Trubbish stood in front of a young child, its ear-like tufts are lowered, frowning at the feline in front of it, said Pokémon hissing at the trash bag Pokémon. The Scratch Cat Pokémon pounced towards the Trash Bag Pokémon, the small girl behind was looking on in fear, but before the cat could reach its target, something tackled the feline, causing it to cry out as it landed on the cement a few inches away.

The little girl, whose eyes were closed and hands clasped together, opened her eyes hearing the cries of pain, but from the feline, not her Pokémon. She looked onward and saw her Trubbish in front of her, no injuries on him and the Meowth a few inches away, slowly standing to its two feet. "Are you alright?" The child turned and saw a young teenage girl with pink hair and warm blue eyes kneeling beside her, her eyes looking her over for injuries. She heard a bark and looked down a bit, seeing the girl holding a Lillipup in one arm looking ahead of them. The child looked in the direction and saw a Pidgey standing land in front of Trubbish, staring down the money feline.

"Pidge, use Gust." Pidge complied and he flapped his wings them, releasing a powerful gust of wind at the feline, sending the Pokémon flying back-first towards the wall behind. The Meowth stood up and hissed at Pidge, but the latter squawked in return, glaring at its opponent. Meowth's claws glowed and he ran towards Pidge, aiming to scratch his wings. "Air Cutter." Pidge's wings glowed light blue and he flapped, but this time, blades of air were released, and since the feline was in front of Pidge and running his way, the blades all hit its target. A small dust cloud formed when the attack collided, after a few seconds, it vanished, revealing a badly injured Meowth. The feline got onto its four paws and looked up, only to meet Pidgey's heavy glare. The feline yelped and quickly ran out of the alley, not wanting to piss off Pidge more.

Once the rouge Meowth left, Momo checked over the little girl and her Trubbish, the latter only having a minor bruise. She helped the little girl up and led the outside the alleyway, and right away, a pair of parents ran over, hugging the girl. During the whole event, the Lillypup was shocked and in awe of the power Pidgey displayed. It was the same power her mother displayed and she wanted to be as powerful as her!

~*Pokémon Center - Akurani City *~
    "Both your Pokémon are all healthy and ready Miss Momo." called Nurse Joy, earning a smile from the girl.

"Thanks Nurse Joy. And also, is Lillypup alright?" "The Lillypup you brought in? She's doing alright, resting at the moment. Is she one of your Pokémon?" "Oh no, I found her like that and was wondering-" Momo was interrupted by a loud bark and turned to the left, seeing Lillypup run towards her with an Audino behind, arms open to grab the Pokémon. "Lillipup?"

The Lillypup stopped beside Momo and looked up at her, pawing at her feet. She wanted to be as strong as her mother and she was trained by a trainer, so if she was trained and raised by one, she would also become as strong as her. And maybe she will have the strength to go out and find her!

Momo stared down at the Puppy Pokémon, confused, until Nurse Joy chuckled, earning her attention. "It seems like Lillipup took a liking to you. Were you going to ask if its possible for us to shelter her here?" At Momo's nod, Nurse Joy looked at Lillipup, who was jumping around the girl in glee. "Instead of leaving her here, why don't you take her with you? She looks like she wants to join you."

At the words, Lillipup nodded and stopped jumping, staring up at Momo with resolve. Momo was unsure, but the moment she saw Lillipup's puppy eyes begging her, she sighed and smiled, "I don't mind, having a Puppy might change things."

~* Mini-Timeskip*~
    Chirp! Bark!
    Momo looked down at her arms and chuckled as Finn and Polly, the new member in her team, communicated as Pidge was in his usual perch. She was walking along the boulevard, looking around the city before returning for the night. Noticing that most of the crowd was going in one direction, she wondered if there was an event going on, but her curiosity was soon answered when a couple people unintentionally started to push Momo forward in the same direction as they rushed to said place.

In a matter of seconds, Momo finds herself being pulled into the crowd's flow and in the middle of a gathering crowd in front of a stage. She was confused at first, but then she noticed the Reforming Gym behind the stage. Could that be the gym?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png

Chapter 4 - 2
    Hello, 'Pretty' Lady

"Wow…"

The word kept coming out from Arthur's mouth as he looked around towards the city landscape. It was the exact opposite of what he experienced back at Nashimity, where back then most of the rustic architecture litter most of the city now he couldn't help but notice the ridiculous amount of giant cranes doing construction work around the city.

He also couldn't help but focus on the streets where most of the adults he saw walk over to the center of the city where the tall skyscrapers were majestically standing. He guessed that most of them are doing office work.

"I guess the times are changing. Well, it's not like the boom of Pokemon training is going to last forever."

Arthur realized the fact that as the time advance further that people needed a more stable job as Pokemon trainer related jobs stopped being profitable with the decline of people that wanted to train their Pokemon. The fact still stung hard on his heart as he remembered the grand and fun stories his grandfather told him about Pokemon training.

Arthur quickly shook his head after realizing he was thinking too much, who knows if he managed to become an Elite Four he probably would be able to revive the Trainer boom to the condition it once was. But can he even do that? The story of his grandfather's legacy even worsened his cold feet in doing this monumental task.

"Argh… Why I keep thinking about that. I wish I have the heart to deal with this like how Momo dealt with her parents' disappearance, and now that I think of it my issue is nowhere as bad as her and here I am moping around like a headless Torchic." Arthur's mumbling ended with a sigh about his condition, which caused some of the people around to turn their gaze towards him, an action that made Arthur hasten his walking pace in embarrassment.

After a while of walking, he decided that maybe eating breakfast could help with his overthinking. With the help of some locals, he managed to find a nearby eatery with cheap but tasty food it also near the Pokemon Center to boot, so it's a great spot for him to rest. As he finished leaving Kaplan and Braveheart at the Pokemon Center to be healed, he ordered some food at the eating joint.

Apparently, it was a rustic eating spot only known by a few of the locals. Most people that came to the city for work usually eat at cafes around their office so they rarely came to this restaurant for their lunch. Arthur ordered some of their specialties, which was very tasty that Arthur ordered seconds. With the low price in consideration, Arthur couldn't even think a single reason that people prefer eating at a cafe instead of this place.

"Alice would probably be ecstatic if he knew about this place… And speaking of it, where the hell is she!? She never answered my calls or my text message since a while ago, I hope nothing bad happened to her." Arthur mumbled once more.

"Not having a great day, Kid?" The restaurant owner asked Arthur who was sitting in front of him.

"No, haha. I'm just wondering about my friend. It's been a while since he contacted me which is not his kind of thing. So I'm honestly kind of worried haha." Arthur rubbed the back of his head with his right hand, feeling embarrassed at his own muttering.

The conversation was interrupted by a new customer coming in and ordered the specialty of the place in a loud voice. However, much to Arthur's surprise the voice was very familiar in his ears.

The customer suddenly closed Arthur's eyes with both of her soft hands. "Who am I?"

Arthur giggled at his friend's sudden action. "Come on, Alice. I'm trying to eat here."

"Tee-hee~ sorry." The girl removed her hands from Arthur's eyes and sat down beside him.

"Still pretty as ever, eh?" Arthur tried to compliment Alice.

Alice blushed slightly while complaining. "Stop it, you must be trying to butter me up for something."

"Haha, obviously not."

"Well thank you then…" Alice slightly pouted while averting her face from Arthur's laughing face.

"I lied though." Arthur tried hard to hold his giggles.

"You meanie…" Alice choked Arthur who couldn't hold his laughter anymore leaving the restaurant owner to also laugh seeing their antics.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 3
    Dangers of Shopping with a Lady

Arthur fixed his outfit and sitting position due to Alice shaking his neck aggressively with rage. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Eating, duh," Alice answered with her face still visibly angry.

"Come on, It's just a joke, Alice. You're the one who started it… Anyways how the hell you never answered my text or my calls? I thought you've ended in a hospital somewhere." Arthur decided to stop joking to save his neck from further wrath of Alice.

"That… Uh… To describe it as simple as possible, my Holotch broke… I just got a replacement yesterday when I met the professor. Although, much to my dismay most of my data from the old Holotch were unsalvageable which includes my contact so there you have it."

"I see." Arthur took another bite of his scrumptious meal. "Oh wait, how the hell you break your Holotch!? Even if you dropped it or accidentally hit it against a rock, as I remember it should still work fine, I'm pretty sure it is very durable."

"Ehe… Uh… I accidentally dropped it inside a pressure cooker back at my foster parents' home so..." Alice rubbed the back of her head feeling embarrassed with what she had done with one of the precious gifts from Professor Wisteria.

Arthur's jaw dropped, he was still befuddled with how could the Holotch ended up in the pressure cooker in the first place. Alice who saw this panicked and immediately tried to change the conversation.

"O-oh, speaking of which… You're going to challenge the gym leader, right? I heard that there is an event in the city square, they said that the gym leader and the champion will be in attendance. Maybe we should go there too?"

"And when is that?"

"5'o clock later in the evening. So, I guess we both have a lot of time to spare. Anything you want to do first?"

"Well speaking of that, I was actually planning to buy some clothings from the shop around here, they said that this city has a better selection and pricing of clothing items than the stores available in Nashimity."

"Well, Nashimity is a tourist spot obviously they're going to sell those items at a high price. Well, let's sightsee together then. I don't have anything better to do anyway."

"Whoa, whoa… Nope, Alice. I'm not going to look for outfits with you…" Arthur vehemently disagreed, he was pretty sure that sightseeing clothing items with Alice will cost him one way or another.

"Trust me on this okay?"

"Fine fine… Please be easy on me, okay?"

Alice nodded happily but Arthur was still pretty sure Alice was not going to let Arthur's complaints influence her choice.

After they finished their breakfast, Arthur and Alice asked for a recommendation of shopping places in Akurnai to the restaurant owner. From him, they managed to gather some information, one of them being the fact that although most places are bustling at night, some places already opened at 9. With the information already in their hand, they finally reached the shopping center.

There were multiple choices of clothing available at the stores they visited, Arthur opted to buy a cheap shirt and hat as his choice, as they weren't that expensive. However, soon enough Arthur's fear was apparently true as Alice dragged him to a shop with a better clothing option and forced Arthur to pick a better outfit.

"That's going to leave a dent on my wallet… This is why I don't want to buy clothes with you..." Arthur mumbled as he opened his wallet outside the clothing store.

"Stop grumbling, it's fine once in a while before. I carefully picked ones that would last long, even if in the short term it's more expensive, it's more worth it in the long run you know." Alice complained.

"Well…" Arthur tried to open his mouth once more until Alice cut him in the middle of his sentence.

"Is it the right thing to say to a girl that was willing to accompany you for your outfit hunting?"

"No… Well still… What if I got caught in an accident? What if I suddenly lost my stuff? Not having money is an issue, you know?"

"Still a worrywart like usual..." Alice took another bite of the crepe she bought earlier. "Relax, knowing you, you'll probably find some way to find the money. You know this city is famous for its buskers right? Maybe you can do some busking and gather money that way.

"Honestly, I'd rather do some odd jobs rather than doing that. I'm not the type to be confident at doing those things."

"You should more confident about yourself… You have a great voice and your face isn't that bad. It shouldn't be much of a problem. You're even better than me in some aspects. Although I'm pretty sure you can't beat me in a pokemon battle."

"Well, thanks… Wait a minute, is that a challenge I just heard? I think it's the time for me to show you who's the real boss."

"Well I have the record to back me up, you don't have any basis to support your claim." Alice's claim was not groundless, she had beaten Arthur multiple times back in the school. For Arthur beating her would be an accomplishment, for Alice? It's just a usual day.

"Grrr… That's because it's just one on one and you have the type advantage against my Pokemon."

"Dare to put your claim to the test now that you have more than one Pokemon?"

"Fine by me."

"Unfortunately, as much as I love to prove that I'm a better trainer right now. I have a prior engagement which is a more pressing matter than this battle."

"Which is?"

"Digging fossils." Alice smiled widely.

"What?!"​

Spoiler:

Years
  • Edison Kintobor
    Akurnai City, evening

Following the map led Edison down a couple back streets and along some side roads, finding himself at a modestly large building called the Queen of Clubs. If his Holotch map hadn't specified it was a bar, he would have thought it was a card shop or casino, especially with the sign displaying a Queen of clubs playing card. Though, upon examination, the queen had traded her royal robes for a skimpier outfit involving black fishnets.

Putting advertisements and marketing techniques out of his mind, Edison took the time to walk around the area, letting N.D. out to look from above. The two story building seemed to be one of the more popular destinations on this street, compared to the smaller stores nearby. The pumping bass of club music emanated from the walls, and pulsing light came from one of the windows, slowly shifting color.

After surveying the bar, Edison realized the main obstacle to his mission: it was a bar. By Kinyo's laws, he was still a few years away from legal age, so he wouldn't be allowed to purchase alcohol. By that logic, he might be forbidden from entering the establishment altogether. The bouncer by the door was a large, no-nonsense type, but Edison figured he'd try his luck.

Just in case, he needed to disguise himself. He entered a nearby thrift store, purchasing and changing into a black sleeveless shirt and wrapping a white scarf around the lower half of his face. Lowering his goggles over his eyes, he discreetly got behind two women as they approached the bar. They showed their identification to the bouncer, and he let them in, but stopped Edison before he could follow them.

"Need to see your I.D., buddy." He held a hand out expectantly, a not unfriendly look about him.

Edison waved dismissively. "Oh, no need. I'm not here to drink. I'm looking for a girl. A woman, actually."

The bouncer crossed his arms, looking a little less welcoming. "That's your business, but rules are rules. Can't let you in without showing some I.D."

Edison frowned at that, quickly trying to come up with a plan. "Yes, well... Could I just check inside, ask around? You see, I'm looking for a specific woman, if you could just tell me if she works here..."

The bouncer sighed, rolling his eyes impatiently. "Look, I'm not at liberty to discuss the employees or their work schedules. If you present valid identification, you can go in, ask whatever you want. But my gut tells me you don't have valid I.D., or you wouldn't be putting up such a fuss. Even if you did, I can refuse entry to anyone I see fit, and you're sending up red flags, kid."

Edison lifted his hands, attempting to placate the bouncer. "Alright, alright, there is no need to be upset." His mind was racing. There had to be some way he hadn't considered. Only one idea came to mind, and it was risky. Was talking to Deidre really that important? Could he even convince her to battle him? Would it be better just to-

"Hey, if you're not coming in, get out of my line, kid. I have better things to do tonight, even if you apparently don't." The bouncer interrupted Edison's train of thought.

"One more thing!" Edison looked around quickly, not seeing anyone else looking at the bar at the moment. "Have you considered... Thunder Wave!"

The bouncer seemed confused, and a little annoyed. "Thunder what?"

"Thunder Wave. Have you ever wondered what would happen if a Magnemite used Thunder Wave against you?"

"I don't know what you're talking a- GRAAAAAGH!" The bouncer cried out through clenched teeth as electricity flowed through him, locking up his muscles and causing him to fall to his knees. Neo hovered behind him, having jabbed him in the spine with a magnet to deliver the shock.

Edison quickly dragged the man inside, pushing him into the coat check room and covering him with some jackets. "Sorry! It should wear off, eventually. I've never tested it on a human, but you're a large fellow. You should be fine within an hour or so. No lingering effects, hopefully..." He returned N.D. to his ball.

Now inside, his disguise was useless. Making sure the bouncer's face was covered, he changed back into his white shirt and waistcoat, returning his goggles to his forehead as he headed for the main room. The music was much louder here, without the walls to muffle the sound. The room was fairly large, taking up the majority of the building.

A large dance floor dominated the center of the room, with probably a dozen people actually dancing. Twice that number of people were scattered across various tables surrounding the floor, or at the massive bar taking up an entire wall. These people were talking amongst themselves, conversing with friends or meeting someone new, having drinks or eating snacks. Two spiral staircases led to a glass booth upstairs, where the DJ controlled the music and lights. Edison squinted at the glass, confirming that the person inside the booth was not Deidre.

He cut across the dance floor, dodging around people when needed. The area reeked of sweat and spilled beer, and he got away from there as quickly as he could, making his way to the bar. There were four bartenders behind the bar, making drinks, listening to customers, or wiping down the bar. Edison looked at each of them closely in the dim light, but three of them were male, and the female wasn't Deidre, either.

One of the bartenders, an older gentleman with a thick mustache, came over as Edison was confirming the lady bartender wasn't the Gym Leader. "See somethin' ya like, or can I interest ya in a drink?"

"What? Oh, no, sorry..." Edison apologized, embarrassed to have been caught staring. "I'm not here for a drink, I'm just... looking for a friend. I know she's a bartender, but I'm not entirely sure which bar. Does Deidre work here?"

The old bartender leaned against the bar, thinking it over. "Deidre? Young lady, long black hair, kinda tired-lookin'?"

Edison perked up immediately, leaning against the bar himself. "Ah, you know her, then? She works here?"

"Nope!" the bartender grinned unapologetically. "Saw her on the TV earlier, at the press conference. Only 'Deidre' I could think of. You say she's a friend?"

Edison clenched his hand into a fist in frustration, then forced himself to take a deep breath, reigning his temper in. He took a seat, trying to make a plan. "Well... not quite. She's... involved with the school I go to, and I need to talk with her."

The bartender nodded, cleaning a glass as he talked. "College boy, eh? I got the impression you were from out of town. You in town long?"

Surprised by the man's curiosity, but not concerned, Edison hesitated before answering. "Not long... just passing through, really. Doing the whole tourist, going from town to town, hiking thing."

The bartender grinned at that. "Tourist, eh? Then how about a drink? No journey is complete without stopping at a local watering hole, after all."

"Ah, I knew it..." Edison nodded, wise to the man's trick. "As previously stated, I'm not here for a drink. Thank you anyway." He got off the stool, turning for the door.

"Come on, where's your sense of adventure? Try something new!" the man's comment made Edison freeze, and he slowly turned back.

"Something... new? Well, I suppose I'm always up for a little... experimentation..." He took his seat again, looking over the plethora of bottles along the wall. "Oh, that blue one looks intriguing."

The bartender retrieved the bottle, swiftly grabbing a glass. "Blue Curacao, good eye. I'll whip you up something special. You look like you'd appreciate a Sonic Screwdriver." He combined a splash of the blue liqueur with a similar amount of vanilla vodka and mixed it into lemon-lime soda, giving it all a stir. "Try it out. First drink's free!"

Edison shrugged, picking up the glass. "Can't argue with that. Cheers!" He took a sip, surprised at how sweet it tasted. "Oh, that's quite good, actually." He took another sip, then a bigger gulp, wincing at the sensation. "Not... not bad. What else can you make?"

The bartender didn't reply, except to grab more bottles and start making small versions of the drinks. Edison sampled them all, to varying results.

"Wow! That, uh, that goes down rather... woo!"

"I say, is that real gold floating in here?"

"Oh, that burns more than I thought it would... I don't like it. No sir."

"What's that purple stuff?"

"There you are!" A gruff voice interrupted Edison's tasting party. "Think you can hide by changing your clothes? I recognize that spiky blond hair!"

The bouncer from the door grabbed Edison by the arm, yanking him from the chair. Edison didn't put up much of a fight, finding it hard to stand.

"My hair does not look like a Joltik!" Edison protested, slurring slightly.

"Dammit, Frank!" The bouncer glared at the bartender. "The kid's obviously too young to be in here, and you gave him a damn sampler course?"

"Well, why are you letting teenagers in here, Rico? I thought he was old enough, if he got by you."

"Oh, that's interesting..." Edison muttered, the color draining from his face. "It's kind of... roiling inside my-hurgh..." He managed not to vomit, but when Rico half-carried, half-dragged him to the restroom and shoved his head into a trash can, everything came rushing back up.

When he was done, Ed's knees were shaking, only Rico's strong and surprisingly gentle grip keeping him upright. His vision blurred in and out, and he suddenly felt very tired.

Rico led him back out, where Frank was waiting. "Kid okay?" He fell into step beside the bouncer.

Rico frowned, guiding Ed to the door. "This gets out, we're all in trouble. Call the cops, tell him he was already like this, and we detained him until they could arrive. And don't charge him for those drinks. This all stays off the books, understand?"

Edison was only half listening, but at that point decided that sleep was the preferable option. "At least... I know she's not here..." he mused, then promptly passed out.

Back