• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
    latest

Day: Three || Time: Afternoon

Seeing Double

After several minutes of being dragged along the pier Kira was finally pushed into one of the buildings on the construction site. The room was well lit, its main feature is a large desk with several old looking computer monitors on it displaying several different views of the construction site. With an annoyed grunt Kira rubbed at her sore wrists. "Ya know, you have a really tight grip Frank…"

Frank gave a bit of a shrug as he was addressed, keeping by the door acting as a guard. Meanwhile the woman who first caught her leaned back against the desk, her arms crossed impatiently.

"May I learn the name of my other kidnapper? Doesn't seem like Frank here is too interested in talking." Kira said in a sarcastic tone, returning the woman's impatient look.

"Please, don't act like you're some victim here." She said rolling here eyes. "If you have to know my name is Roxanne, and yours thief?"

"Kira, also not a thief." She lied flatly, knowing at the very least she never stole from her.

"Hm, that's really funny Kira, we have you on camera stealing from us." She said in a ho-hum taunting voice. Pulling a nearby computer chair over towards her, she sat down as she began searching through old video files. "I'll tell you what, if you confess before I manage to bring it up, I'll consider not getting the cops involved."

Kira's heart began to race, starting to feel rather anxious. She knew without a shadow of a doubt this was her first time here, however this Roxanne woman seemed insistent that she saw her before. Looking up at the computer monitors, her heart dropped. There she was on the far-right monitor, same clothes, same hair color, style, everything. Feeling defeated, Kira only barely managed to speak just loud enough to be heard. "You didn't give me much time to consider at all did you?"

"What do you mean? I haven't brought up the video yet." Roxanne asked, looking back at Kira.

Kira almost felt her heart leap out of her chest at that response, the whiplash between feeling defeated and a weird relieved/confused feeling almost causing pain. "Then what's that?" She asked, pointing over towards the far-right monitor.

Roxanne looked up at the monitor and nearly gasped, with a clear shocked expression she looked between Kira and the monitor. "Y-You don't happen to have a twin sister, do you?"

"No!" Kira shouted back in a hurry "Well, I have a twin brother, but we don't look anything alike!"

"Then who the hell is that?!" asked an exasperated Roxanne.

"How am I supposed to know!? Kira shouted back.

Roxanne pushed away from the desk and grabbed Kira by the wrist as she headed towards the door. "Fine, let's go check then."

"Hey, calm down with the pulling! I'll follow you!" Kira protested in vain as they made their way out the door.

*****​

After several minutes of pulling they arrived at the site displayed by the camera. Annoyed, Kira finally managed to pull her wrist away from Roxanne "Geez, both you and Frank have a freaking vice grip…"

"Have you considered that you might just be a wuss? Either way, shush! She's just right over there!" Roxanne said, pointing over towards a nearby wall of storage crates. From behind them the shadow of a person could be clearly seen moving about.

"Alright, I'll get her. Just sit back and make sure neither one of us runs off." Kira said, beginning to move forward.

"Hold up" Roxanne interrupted, grabbing Kira by the shoulder "Why should I trust you to grab her?"

"Why should I trust you? You're the one who got us mixed up last time." Kira retorted with an annoyed look.

Roxanne gave a stern look followed shortly by a conceded sigh "Alright fine, Frank's in the security room though so don't think you can run off!"

"Right…" Kira replied just before she headed off.

Kira crept up on the girl's hiding spot and peeked around the corner. Sure enough there she was, hunched over one of the crates scouring through whatever was inside. Looking at her was like staring into a mirror, her green eyes, messy mahogany hair, even her clothes were not only the same, but seemed to be worn out in exactly the same way as well. 'No wonder Roxanne got us confused…' Kira thought to herself.

The other girl's ears twitched as she looked up from her crate. Standing back up fully, she turned around and looked at Kira with a simple, yet eerie smile on her face. With her cover blown, Kira stepped out in plain view, her left-hand clutching Azure's ball tightly.

Kira's mind began racing, who was this person? She wasn't lying earlier when she said she only had a twin brother, was it somebody from back home? School? There were a few girls in her class close to her height, one of them sat in front of her during class...

Kira exhaled out of her nose, trying to calm herself down. As calmly as she could manage, she began walking out towards the other girl, who's smile only grew larger as Kira approached. Reaching out towards her, Kira just about got to the point of touching her… before reeling back and kicking as hard as she possibly could.

The girl gave a high pitched, surprised yelp before fading away. In her place stood a small black foxlike Pokémon, stunned from the heavy kick sent its way.

Without hesitation Kira pulled the ball from her pocket and threw it between her and the Pokémon. "Azure, water gun! Before it manages to recover!"

The small fox struggled to get up for a moment before getting knocked prone once more by the stream of water.

"Azure, once again! Water gun! Keep it down!" Kira called out, searching through her bad for an empty pokéball in the meantime. Azure happily complied as usual, shooting yet another stream of water.

The foxlike Pokémon gave another high-pitched yelp as it was hit again by water gun. Once again it tried getting up, doing its best attempt at a growl before a Pokéball was pitched directly into its face, disappearing with a flash of red light.

Kira loosened up as the pokéball clicked, her doppelganger trapped inside. After picking up the ball Kira turned back at Roxanne, showing it off. "Still don't believe me?" she said with a smug smile and one hand on her hip.

"Alright, fine I get it. I screwed up, no need to rub it in…" Roxanne said in a solemn tone, walking towards Kira.

"No need to rub it in? You kidnapped me and accused me of stealing from you! I at the very least deserve the ability to gloat, I should be calling the cops!" Kira shouted back, still somewhat annoyed.

"I wouldn't if I were you, at least if you plan on keeping that Pokémon. You might be off the hook but that little bugger is still a thief whether you caught it or not." Roxanne warned, calling Kira's bluff.

Kira smiled, enjoying how their situations have changed "And If I don't plan on it?"

Roxanne gave a defeated sigh; from her pocket she pulled a pair of tickets out. "I'll also give you these… They're for the amusement park I found you at. "

Kira grabbed the tickets and looked them over, shooting Roxanne a confused look. "Why do you have these? You don't really strike me as the kind of person who would enjoy something like that."

Roxanne winced a bit, clearly not taking that statement very well. "I bought them a while back… I was hoping to find someone to go with me but, well I still have the things so you can see how well that turned out."

"I-I was kidding. You don't really need to give me these." Kira meekly replied starting to feel guilty. Quietly she stared down at the tickets, unable to look Roxanne in the eye.

Roxanne reached forward and ruffled Kira's hair. "It's fine, don't worry about it. I couldn't find anyone but maybe you have a guy you'd like to go with." Roxanne said, giving a fake smile. "Either way, I am genuinely sorry for causing you trouble like that. If you ever need me for anything, let me know."

"R-Right, I'll keep that in mind." Kira said, still in a meek tone.

"Anyway, you ought to get out of here. It's dangerous to be at a construction site without a hard hat ya know." Roxanne said, her tone of voice rising once again. "I gotta go check on frank anyway. Figure it might be important to catch him up on what happened."

Kira simply complied as she was shooed away, unable to find the words to say. She was annoyed and frustrated with that woman, but also sympathetic and somewhat thankful at the same time. She could hardly blame her for getting the two of them confused after all…

As she exited the construction site Kira paused and took some time to read the tickets. Sure enough, the purchase date was rather far back, just as Roxanne said. Pocketing the tickets and pulling our her Holotch Kira gave a heavy sigh, unable to believe what she was about to do.

"Hello?" A male voice on the other line asked.

"Hey, Jason? It's me, Kira."

"Hey! I was wondering if you'd keep in touch. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you could do me a favor… Do you still get tomorrow off?"

"Yeah, why? Something wrong?"

"No, everything's fine with me at least. Is there anyway you could meet me in front of the Gym in Akurnai City tomorrow? I've got someone I want you to meet..."

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 4
    Excavation Time

Alice explained to Arthur that she overheard from the locals that a kid was opening a fossil excavation stall, and from the information she heard, it was definitely a legit business. The locals also said that the stand is located between Akurnai City and Nashimity Town. With that information in mind, they decided to walk back and try to found the kid in hopes of getting a rare fossil.

"Honestly, If I knew about fossil excavation stall, I'll probably go out from Nashimity at 7 or 8 in the morning instead." Alice seemed to be a little annoyed that they needed to walk back towards Nashimity and the hot weather didn't help at all with her feelings.

"You think I didn't regret it myself? I even had to fight a hostile Krabby while I'm enjoying my walk. Well, I got a Pokemon but still… Anyway, can't you use your own parasol? This one is very small you know, we both barely fit here." Arthur grumbled, he really didn't want to get sunburnt.

"Stingy…" Alice kicked Arthur on his shin, leaving him to touch his knee in pain, which in turn created an opportunity for Alice to snag the parasol for herself. Alice then walked further away, leaving Arthur behind her.

"You little…" Arthur wasn't very happy with Alice's action, but in the end, he decided to follow her from behind while applying sunscreen he already prepared in his bag.

Both of them bickered again on the way, but they stopped when they realized that they have reached the alleged stall, they realized quickly that it was the stall they were searching for when they saw a kid quickly coming close to them with a huge smile in his face.

"Good afternoon, Sorry to interrupt both of your precious time. But may I pique your interest in digging precious and expensive fossils?" The kid smiled widely. The smile of the kid reminded Arthur with sales ladies back when he went shopping with his father at Lilycove Department Store.

"Go on, we're interested. Why should we dig fossils here?" Alice smiled, giddy with expectation about how good the stall really is.

"Well, first things first… If you found two fossils you don't want, you're eligible to trade it with one fossil I have in store. But, wait there's more… If you're able to find two extra fossils other than those you want to keep, then you can exchange it to me and then your digging fee is completely free. Good deal, isn't it?" The Kid was still smiling widely.

"Um… Can we see those that you have? Just as reassurance for us." Arthur thought it was a great deal, but he didn't want to be scammed by some random kid.

"Oh? That's fine Sir, please wait a bit." The kid goes back to his stall and grabbed a Jaw Fossil before going back to where Arthur and Alice stood. "Please check it for yourselves, it's 100% authentic."

Alice and Arthur were surprised when they touched the fossil. Arthur was finally convinced about the fossil as it was consistent with the one he examined during his stay with Professor Kirk.

"Wow, this is definitely real isn't it, Arthur?" Alice looked at the fossil with awe.

"Yeah… Definitely."

"Haha, so how about doing it now? Surely you don't want this once in a lifetime opportunity to slip? Besides, surely if you two gentlemen do this as fast as possible you both also can relax faster and have more precious time to spend for yourselves."

"Dang, this kid has a smooth tongue," Alice muttered as silent as possible.

"Thanks for your compliment, mademoiselle. The people around here also complimented me about that." The kid laughed while rubbing the back of his head.

Arthur and Alice both laughed.

"Sure then, for two people it is."

"Great decision. Now please follow me to the stand and you both could take the bucket and shovel needed for this job. And if you both don't mind, you can even use your Pokemon to help you. Although, I sincerely hope that if you decide to do that, you will do it with care to avoid breaking the fossils haha."

Alice and Arthur both dug holes around the beach in an effort to find the fossils they need as soon as possible. Alice decided that her own effort would be enough to tackle the issue, while Arthur enlisted the help of his Pokemon.

However, it didn't take long until Braveheart and Hunter to bicker once more. It left Arthur with no choice but to put both of them back to their respective Pokeball and made him use Muchorin and Kaplan only to help him dig. It was a hot afternoon, but both Arthur and Alice were afraid that they wouldn't have any time to return to this spot which means that at that point they had to finish digging as quickly as possible or miss the speech they were waiting for.

The sun was getting hotter and hotter with every passing moment and both of them were starting to sweating. Arthur couldn't help but be worried about Alice, so he enlisted the help of Muchorin to solve this.

"Can I entrust you with something? This parasol…" Arthur handed the parasol he was using to keep himself away from the heat. "Can you use it to shield Alice from the heat?"

Muchorin nodded with a huge smile in his face.

"Good boy, now go!" Muchorin waddled over towards Alice who was surprised by his appearance. Muchorin quickly opened the parasol and shielded the exhausted girl from stinging heat of the sun.

"Aww… How sweet of you." Alice patted the head of Muchorin with affection, the action made Muchorin giggling happily due to the praise. Alice then intentionally made a mumble in a loud enough noise to be heard by Arthur. "I wished that your trainer have a shred of thoughtfulness you have."

The statement stung Arthur who was struggling to dig under the scorching heat. He had given the parasol even though he really didn't like getting sunburnt just for the girl, and yet that was how the girl repaid his kindness. He was fuming. "Well sorry that I'm a brute that doesn't understand the heart of a damsel in distress like yours."

"It's just a joke you know… Thank you, Arthur." Alice gently smiled.

Arthur who saw this couldn't release all of his pent up anger due to seeing Alice's smile and instead turned his back so he couldn't see the girl from his line of sight. Alice giggled with amusement seeing this action.

Thankfully for Arthur, he soon felt that his shovel hit something solid. "Yes, This should be something great." He put out the rest of the sand with his hand as careful as possible to avoid damaging the fossil, and when he examined the object it was indeed a fossil, a Claw Fossil to be exact.

Just when he was about to celebrate his findings, Kaplan squawked from his digging spot.

"Wait, no way I'm finished this fast, right?"​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 5
    The Dome Debacle

Arthur ran over to where Kaplan dug his hole with full enthusiasm and suspense. He hoped dearly that what Kaplan found is indeed a fossil so he could rub the fact all over Alice's smug face.

"What is it, Kaplan? you find something?"

Kaplan pointed to a spot on the ground. Arthur didn't waste any time to tap the mysterious object, from the hardness and texture, Arthur was almost 100% sure of the item's true identity.

"Yes! You did great Kaplan." Arthur was so elated that Kaplan managed to find another fossil. Kaplan puffed his chest proudly at his achievement while his trainer frantically digging the hole, looking forward at the priceless expression Alice would show when he left her alone at this hot beach.

It didn't take long until Arthur picked up the fossil, it was a Jaw Fossil. With Jaw and Claw Fossil in hand, there was only one thing that's in his mind... A trade.

It's true that both Jaw and Claw Fossil could be used to revive a great Pokemon, and Arthur was aware of the fact. But there was only one and only one fossil that Arthur wanted. It was the Dome Fossil that he managed to see in the trading rack. If he can't get one, then he'll just have to trade his two fossils for it. After all, Kabutops was one of the Pokemon he found very cool to have during his childhood, the fact that Kirk owned an Armaldo also helped in his decision to not pick the Claw Fossil.

"Wow, finished so soon, Sir?" The Kid was astonished when he saw Arthur carrying two fossils towards him.

"Yeah, I just want to trade these two with a Dome Fossil and get out from here as quickly as possible."

"Good choice, Sir. But are you sure you're not going to use the reimbursement clause?" The kid looked at Arthur with a puzzled expression.

"And why should I? It shouldn't be that expensive, right?"

"Uh… Maybe it'll be better if you take a look at the price." The kid hesitantly pointed towards the price written in the advertisement banner beside him.

Arthur's gaze followed the direction of the young kid's finger. The price of digging these fossils couldn't be that high, or so he thought. His face quickly turned pale as he realized how expensive it was.

"W-what…" The shocked man took a look several times at the price listed, it didn't change no matter how many times he gazed towards it. If he decided to pay for it, then there's a high chance that he'll be penniless when morning came.

"Haha… that's why I was reluctant to show it to you, Sir. Please understand…" The kid bowed slightly towards Arthur.

"No, no. It's absolutely not your fault… Well then, can I trade these for the Dome Fossil first? I'll dig two more in exchange for my fee after that. You know, just in case somebody else takes it first." Arthur tried to negotiate his way to the second-best scenario in his mind.

"Well, you have a point there, Sir. Fine then, I hope you can find two more fossils that you need as soon as possible."

The kid took the two fossils Arthur had dug and replaced it with a Dome Fossil he took from the rack. Just before the Kid managed to hand over the fossils towards Arthur, a man also came forward to the booth.

"Kid, I already have my necessary fossils. Can I trade it with the Dome Fossil you're holding right now?"

The man's words shocked Arthur who was curious about who the heck he had to compete with to obtain this Dome Fossil. The noise came from a man decked out in full adventure gear, in Arthur's mind he must be an archeologist or an artifact hunter of some sort, although he didn't understand why the man was still dressing in his thick adventuring outfit especially in a day with scorching heat like that.

"I'm sorry Sir, but this Fossil is already been traded for by the gentleman beside you." The kid bowed down slightly in apology before using his right hand to point towards Arthur.

"But I don't think you have enough money to pay for the fee out, no? How about you take three of my fossils here in exchange for that dome fossil?" The man tried to negotiate with Arthur.

"Sorry mister…" Arthur tried to say something to the man only for him to realize that he didn't know who the man was.

"Matthew." The man said his name.

"I'm sorry Mr. Matthew, but I was trading this first and so it's rightfully mine."

"Perhaps this should ease things out." Matthew made a gesture signifying that he wouldn't mind losing some money in order to procure the Dome Fossil.

"Eh…" Arthur was almost tempted with the offer, but he eventually made up his mind that there would be nothing that will stand against him to gain the fossil he was keen on getting. "Sorry, not happening."

"Dang, I knew this will happen…" Matthew took a cigarette from his pocket. "So, how about doing this the old-fashioned way?"

"Which is?" Arthur stared at Matthew warily.

"Pokemon battle… I'm not much of a battler myself, but if that's what it needs to obtain that fossil, then so be it." Matthew lit up his cigarette. "So, how about it? Are you going to be a man and battle me, or you're going to chicken out and leave this place with your spoils but not with your pride."

Matthew's statement stung really sharply on Arthur's pride. He wanted to play safe and bailout with the fossil as soon as possible, but those words? That was uncalled for. "Fine, I'm in."

Matthew smiled widely. "Sorry Kid, but you'll soon regret accepting my challenge."​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 6
    Battle at the Beach

"You sure, kid? There's still time to run away, you know?" Matthew tried to goad Arthur in an effort to further ruining the young man's focus.

"Taunting me won't help with anything, Mister. Maybe you should just focus all of your energy instead to make sure you don't end up as a loser." Arthur snarkily answered.

"Ooo, feisty. Oh well then… Let's go, Yamask!" The man called out his Yamask towards the battlefield.

Just as Arthur was going to pick his Pokemon to counter Yamask, Alice came to the site of the conflict looking confused. "Uh, can anyone tell me what's going on here? Arthur?"

"A wager battle. Muchorin, come here!" Arthur chose Muchorin due to its speed and typing, sending Braveheart or Hunter now would probably a bad decision because of their weakness against Ghost-type attacks. Muchorin ran as fast as he could toward his trainer while holding Arthur's white parasol. Just as Alice was about to ask more details in frustration as she didn't understand the short explanation that Arthur gave, the stall owner decided to intervene and explained the situation to her.

"Let's start then. Yamask, Shadow Ball!" The Spirit Pokemon lifted both of its arm forming a dark ball of energy that was launched towards Muchorin.

"Muchorin, Flame Wheel!" Muchorin dodged the Shadow Ball with the help of his speed before he tried to strike the Yamask head-on.

"Protect!" Yamask's body shined as it created a green barrier that coated its body, repelling the incoming Muchorin's Flame Wheel from hitting the Spirit Pokemon directly.

"Damn it. Muchorin, Flame Wheel once more!" When Muchorin landed on the ground, he immediately rolled once more enveloping himself in a scorching flame ball in hopes of finally landing a direct hit on the opposition.

"Protect!" The man was still resolute in using his strategy, causing his Yamask to successfully repelling Muchorin once more with the green barrier.

"I have all day to deal with you kid, do you?" Matthew taunted Arthur once more in an effort to attack the psychology of his opponent.

"Grrr… Flame Wheel!" For the third time, Muchorin did the same attack, this time it decided to jump high before dropping the attack in hopes of getting extra momentum in an effort to chip away some health from his opponent. However, this action was already anticipated by Matthew who smirked when he saw Muchorin jumped.

"Disable! Then follow it up with Shadow Ball!" Yamask managed to stop Muchorin's momentum dead in the mid-air before firing another bullet of Ghost-type energy.

"Counter it with Incinerate!" Muchorin exhaled strong flames in hopes of stopping the Shadow Ball from hitting him, but the Shadow Ball proved to be much stronger and eventually, Muchorin couldn't stop the ball from blowing up in front of him. He managed to land properly with a backflip, but it was visible even from Arthur's perspective that the ball had done considerable damage against Muchorin.

"Now, how long can you dodge this. Shadow Ball!"

"Muchorin, dodge!"

Muchorin kept dodging the volleys of Shadow Ball blasted by the Yamask against him, the exploding balls slowly created a smokescreen made of sand as more and more of the sand was blasted away by the exploding Shadow Ball.

"This won't work…" The explosions deterred Muchorin from coming closer to inflict damage towards Yamask, and with the Flame Wheel disabled, the mobility option for coming forward has become limited, Arthur had to make a decision fast.

"Well then… Muchorin! It's time to dance." Muchorin understood what he should do at the point and decided to dodge the Shadow Balls with his elegant dancing instead of focusing on pushing forward for an attack.

"What's your plan, Kid? You sure you're going to let your Pokemon through that?"

"Well, are you sure you're going to let your Pokemon keep firing Shadow Balls, Mister? It's pretty tiring to fire consecutive volleys of such a powerful attack, you know…"

"You sure have a point there, Kid. Not that I'm going to let that Darumaka of yours stands longer than I want to… Yamask, Pressure him further!" Yamask pushed forward while still firing off dark purple energy balls toward the Zen Charm Pokemon.

"Just I expected, Muchorin. It's time to get dirty." While Yamask was still focused on firing the Shadow Balls, the Zen Charm Pokemon eventually found a window for him to toss some sand towards the Curse Pokemon's eye.

"Now, Fire Fang!" Yamask heard the order and was shooting another Shadow Ball to deter Muchorin's movement, but with obstructed eyesight, it was not easy for the Curse Pokemon to shoot the projectile. It was an easy opportunity for Muchorin to utilize, and the Zen Charm Pokemon did just that, he sank his blazing fang deep in the body of the Yamask who started to scream due to the pain.

"Don't panic, Shadow Ball!" Matthew ordered his Yamask to shot a powerful blast once more in an effort to deter Muchorin from launching another attack.

"Incinerate!" Matthew was shocked when he heard the order that was given by Arthur. Muchorin let go of Yamask's body before he spews out a powerful flame breath which collided with the Shadow Ball and caused a huge explosion. Both Pokemon was enveloped by the blast since they both were at a point-blank range of the explosion, but only Muchorin who was able to stand in the aftermath.

"Well you got the balls to fight with all you got, I'll give you that… I guess I'm too rude earlier, my apologies. Would you tell your name to this crude man?" The man smiled slightly, embarrassed after he realized about his earlier attitude that exuded arrogance.

"A-Arthur." The kid was shocked by the sudden change, but deep down he was also relieved due to being avoided from getting his anger from rising to an entirely new level.

"Well then, shall we continue? Let's make this a three-on-three so this battle won't drag too long for you."

Arthur nodded, and so the battle with the high stakes continued.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    A Peaceful Day at the Beach

"You smell that fresh ocean air? We can soak up some sun, relax and maybe get some training in. Sound good?", Henry said pushing up his sunglasses, and looking at Ralts and Shinx. Who gave what could best be described as affirmative looks.

Wading through the rather the large crowd of people Henry began looking for a quiet out of the way spot. He was just looking to relax do some light training and approach the gym in Akurnai City with a good, positive mindset. He set up a bit away from the main swimming areas. After laying out a towel and providing Ralts and Shinx something to snack on he laid down and enjoyed the sounds of the sea, the distant sounds of laughter from children playing a distance away. He contemplated...

HONK!

He contemplated who or what dared interrupt this peaceful moment as he opened his eyes he saw Ralts shaking it's tiny fist at a Wingull while Shinx regarded both with curiosity. The Wingull had apparently nabbed Ralt's berry.

"Shoo, go on get out of here", Henry said glaring at the Wingull. The Wingull simply stared at him in response, as if daring him to enforce his demands.

"Shinx, time to earn your paycheck, use charge, then follow up with Shock wave", he said swapping into the authoritative tone of voice he used when issuing commands in battle. The Wingull watched as Shinx mustered the energy for Shock wave. It didn't react until it was actually hit.

It let a long, loud cry, and three more descended. Henry felt like he had missed some key detail while he was day dreaming. Wingull weren't normally this aggressive. It didn't matter, he wasn't going back down to Wingulls he was a first class trainer after all.

He decided to focus on one at a time. "Ralts use Shadow Sneak!" he ordered pointing at the one Shinx had previously hit. It was not prepared to be hit again so rapidly and decided to take the sky, too far away for either Pokemon to engage it.

The other three started an attack run with Water Guns raining down on all three of them. Henry was wondering why there were aiming for him, Pokemon usually attacked other Pokemon, as they were the most obvious threat. Did they figure out he was giving the orders? No that was giving them too much credit. They were Wingulls, they were just angry and lashing out. He and Shinx had barely managed to evade the attacks, but Ralts had been hit by the one aimed at her. This seemed to only enrage her more

They started another attack run, and Henry gave the orders to use Confusion and Shock wave on the one coming for Ralts. This Wingull had a hard landing in the sand, and Shinx was caught, not having enough time to dodge so soon after launching an attack.

"Surely", he thought, "They'll get the hint now." .

Swapping tactics the two remaining Wingull wings began to glow white. "Ralts use Confusion on the one to the left. Shinx Shock wave, to the right!" The one on the left was disoriented by the attack and landed with a thud in the sand. The one on the right still managed to land a solid hit on Shinx though.

Afterwards however it decided it was time to cut its losses and it flew off.

"Well we sure showed them didn't we?" Henry looked at Ralts with an inquisitive looked, what had she done to anger them so much? She gave him a close approximation of a shrug. "Alright back in the balls we need to get you patched up and I need a coffee. Lets hit the city"

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 7
    Gamble Against One's Beliefs

"For the next one, I guess I'll use you...." The man grabbed one of the Pokeball from his belt. "Go, Timburr!" Timburr came out from it's Pokeball, looking smug seeing the enemy in front of him.

It caused Muchorin to angrily wiggle his finger, challenging the Timburr.

"I'm just going to warn you now kid, but this one's my ace. You better be careful against it." Kaplan grinned widely.

"Noted. Muchorin, Incinerate!"

"Dodge, then Bulk Up!"

The flame that spouted from the Zen Charm Pokemon's mouth was easily dodged by the Muscular Pokemon, Timburr's body glowed red as the muscles in its entire body tensed up.

"Interrupt it with Flame Wheel!" Muchorin rolled in high speed to disrupt Timburr's Bulk Up, only to be stopped by the Timburr using the log it held. Muchorin kept spinning forward to overpower the Timburr who was starting to get pushed back more and more as the attack relentlessly continue.

"Counter it with Rock Slide!" Several white orbs appeared above Timburr's head, the orbs quickly turned into huge rocks which immediately rained down upon the Zen Charm Pokemon.

"Dodge it Muchorin!" Unfortunately for him, Muchorin was too focused on using Flame Wheel that it didn't realize about the falling rocks. The rocks hit Muchorin really hard, and with it, he was out of the competition.

"Good job, Muchorin. You can rest now." Arthur returned Muchorin back to his Pokeball.

"Damn, that Timburr is totally bad news. I have no choice now." Arthur clenched one of his Pokeball before throwing it into the air. "I choose you, Braveheart!"

Arthur wanted to keep Braveheart as his anchor Pokemon just in case something stronger came up, but after seeing how powerful the Timburr was and the fact that Matthew said it was his ace changed his mind, he hoped that Braveheart could at least defeat the Muscular Pokemon before his last pick wins the battle for him.

"Braveheart, Zen Headbutt!"

"You'll never succeed, Fling!" Timburr threw his wood with all the power he had, the wood traveled like a missile towards Braveheart. The Zen Headbutt was countered by this, and it caused Braveheart to be wide open for another attack from the incoming Timburr.

"Dynamic Punch!" Timburr's hand glowed with light brown colored energy as it tried to unleash hell on the Iron Ball Pokemon.

"Braveheart, control your altitude!" Braveheart barely managed to go a little lower than the fist of the Muscle Pokemon, it opened a window of counter-attack.

"Zen Headbutt once more!" The Zen Headbutt was supposed to hit the target, but Timburr was able to deflect it with his wooden block that he managed to pick up as soon as he realized an attack was incoming.

"Not going to be easy to that, Arthur. You have to find a way to hit him without getting blocked by that log, having type advantages doesn't mean you can just waltz in and expect to win you know."

"Honestly, for someone who said that he wasn't adept in Pokemon battling, you're not so clueless aren't you? From what I saw in front of me, you're not telling the entire truth." Arthur was suspicious at the man, even with his change in demeanor doesn't mean that he wasn't lying in the beginning.

"Oh, that? I used to travel with my Pokemon just like you kid… It's just for a year, but I only have the fundamentals drilled in my head. The rest? It's just up to this." Matthew tapped the side of his head with his right hand while grinning.

"That's still much more hands-on experience time than me, you know…" Arthur wryly smiled. Deep inside, he was feeling horrible about his chances to win, and the fact that the Dome Fossil would slip away from his grasp if he loses the match didn't help with his nerves.

"You still have to try and attack to win, staying put won't help at all. Fling!" Timburr threw his log once more like a javelin towards Braveheart.

"Dodge then use Psycho Crusher!" Braveheart swiveled its body to the right as it dodged the incoming log, it then spun as hard as it could.

"Interesting choice of action, Arthur. Timburr, Bulk Up then Dynamic Punch!" Timburr's muscle grew once more in mass, it smirked full of confidence before it threw a powerful punch towards the Iron Ball Pokemon. Initially, the Muscle Pokemon was pushed back a little by little because of the power that the special move exuded. But before Braveheart managed to knock the Timburr towards the sand dunes, surprisingly the Muscle Pokemon managed to find its footing on the sand seemingly stopping the Iron Ball Pokemon on its track.

"Sorry, but this is the end. Dynamic Punch with your left hand, Timburr!" Timburr's left hand glowed light brown as it strikes directly the head of Braveheart, sending the latter to crash hard towards the ocean.

"Damn it… Braveheart are you okay!?" It took a while but eventually Braveheart managed to levitate itself out of the ocean and back to the battlefield. "One more punch and it's definitely a defeat for me… I have to find a way, think, think… Arthur desperately tried to find an answer for his predicament.

"I'm not going to let you buy time Arthur, Fling!" Matthew was determined to seal the fate of Arthur as soon as possible, and he's definitely not going to let Arthur find a way to reverse the situation.

"Braveheart, stall as much as you can!" Braveheart dodged the log once more, but Timburr was relentless in his assault. Braveheart was stalling with all of his capability, tanking several hits as efficiently as possible to buy time for his trainer.

"There's no other way… If Mr. Matthew found out my plan, I'm done for… But is it the right thing to do?" Realizing that there was no other tactics he had in mind, Arthur took a deep breath before shouting. "Braveheart, flee. Go in the opposite direction!" The Iron Ball Pokemon slipped away in the small window of opportunity it had, saving it temporarily from the merciless onslaught.

"I'm not going to let you off that easily, Fling then Dynamic Punch once more!" Timburr threw it's dangerous projectile once more which was dodged by Braveheart, but it caused the Iron Ball Pokemon to be prone against the very powerful punch. Or so the Timburr thought.
    "Braveheart, give it the slip then Psycho Crusher towards his torso!" Braveheart lowered it's levitating altitude to slip through the jumping Timburr, before sharply turning and unleashed it's trump card once more. The attack hit the torso while Timburr desperately tried to grab the Iron Ball Pokemon.

"Lift Timburr up, Braveheart!" Braveheart lifted the Muscle Pokemon up and with no leverage on the ground Timburr couldn't stop the Iron Ball Pokemon from lifting it.

"Timburr, punch it to submission!" Timburr frantically punched Braveheart as hard as it could, but Braveheart soldiers on while holding off the pain as much as possible. Braveheart managed to dump Timburr to the sea and without the wood to help him afloat, Timburr had to use both of his hands to try and swim back to safety.

Arthur hesitated to give the final order, it was a sly but dastardly tactic that he didn't want to employ, but with how important the stakes were for both sides, he finally swallowed his pride. "Braveheart… Psycho Crusher..." Braveheart dropped itself as fast as it possibly could, before dropping the lethal finisher right on the head of the defenseless Timburr.

The attack created a very huge splash, Arthur who was trying to avert his gaze from the ocean, didn't want to think further about what he did, he just hoped that it was enough to put Timburr away. Not long after, his prayers were answered, Braveheart carried the fainted Timburr towards the shore.

"You don't have to look so gloom, Kid. You did what you have to do, besides it wasn't an illegal thing to do when you used the terrain to your advantage. So chin up, Arthur. Cause with my last pick, I'm going to knock your socks off!"

Matthew's words caused Arthur to ease up. "Thanks, Mister." Arthur smiled weakly.

The battle was about to reach the climax, with one more Pokemon left in Matthew's arsenal. Arthur could only hope that his team could stop Matthew from taking the victory.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Fear and Loathing In Akurnai City
    Time: Day

Henry having firmly decided against any beach adventures for the time being had spent the rest of the day poking around the city enjoying some overpriced coffee and scouting out some likely looking stores to replace his wardrobe. It was fine now, but he'd have to get some sturdier stuff that could handle longer stretches of road. Of course his tastes didn't currently match his wallet. He could've course call home and ask for money, but he would never debase himself in such a way. He was a professional, and he would earn money how trainers always did; Pokemon battles, various assorted side jobs, and selling the shiny rocks and stardust he found on the road.

Of course it was time to get down to the business of Pokemon training. Which is why he and Shinx were walking around on the prowl for a new Pokemon. They were having no such luck. Just the occasional Trubbish or Lillipup. Which weren't exactly what he was looking for. Henry was just about to give up the search when one Lilipup caught Shinx's attention.

"It's just another Lilipup Shinx, Nothing worth our attention.", he said putting the Holotch away. Shinx looked at him with eyes that seemed to be asking if he was sure of that. Shinx normally grew board of a subject after he had exhausted what he could learn about it, and moved on. He however seemed intent on focusing this particular Lilipup. Now that Henry took a closer look at it something was off about the Shinx and that's when he saw it. A little tuft of black hair where a Lilipup's tail normally thin and orange one was.

"What exactly lives here again? Trubbish, Lilipup, Natu, Hoothoot, Meowth, and Zorua. There we go. According to the Holotch inexperienced Zorua kinda mess up the disguise. You know little guy how would you like to join me for a life of fame, fortune, and adventure?" , Henry asked

Zorua responded by taking a swipe at Shinx. "You need a little convincing that's OK, allow me to give you my sales pitch." Shinx dropped into a battle stance. Zorua seemed a little intimidated by the more experienced Pokemon's practiced movements. "Shinx use Charge!"

But before the Shinx could finish gathering electricity the Zorua came out of nowhere with a Sucker Punch. Henry did not expect such a daring or cunning assault from a wild Pokemon. Besides those abnormally aggressive Wingull most wild Pokemon normally didn't stay to fight it out with trainers. Him and Zorua would be fast friends indeed.

You know, if he actually managed to capture it.

"Shinx use Leer", Leer was one of those moves that Henry always felt a little weird shouting out, like it was just a bit odd to order your Pokemon to stare its opponent down to psych it out, but it worked, so he rolled with it. Zorua countered by also staring Shinx down.

The Zorua made a move to attack, but both he and Shinx were faster and after rapidly snapping off the order Shinx tackled Zorua.

"That's the end of it right there", he said pulling out an empty Pokeball from his jacket pocket. If there was narrator present he would've pointed that it was not in fact, the end of it.

Zorua sensing that perhaps he'd be lulled into complacence countered with Pursuit. At this point both Shinx and Zorua were looking worse for wear. He ordered Shinx to use Shock wave. He'd prefer to combo it with Charge, but he was trying to capture it, not score a decisive victory. Besides he wasn't sure Shinx could go another round. Zorua was briefly rattled by the shock and in those few brief moments were all Henry needed to toss the Pokeball.

One shake

Two shakes

Three shakes

Click
    "
    "Excellent work, as always, Shinx, and now we have a new member of the team! Lets get Zorua patched up and try to find that gym", Henry said with a satisfied smirk.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 8
    Battle for The Dome Fossil : Climax

"Hmm…" Matthew pondered on picking his last Pokemon choice, even if Braveheart is already battered and is on the verge of fainting, he believed that underestimating The Iron Ball Pokemon would be deadly for his chance at winning the entire fight. After a moment, he decided to call his Mudbray out to the field.

"Mudbray, it's a Ground-type Pokemon… I want to stall it as long as possible, but…" Arthur glanced at the battered Braveheart, even if Beldum species is indeed strong defensively, there's no way the Pokemon could handle much more of the battling."Tch… This is awful…" He muttered, Arthur decided to recall his Pokemon.

"Now what?" From Arthur's observation, Mudbray looks like a Pokemon that have a powerful physique but low speed. It calls for a Pokemon that have ranged moves to exploit the slowness of the Mudbray and the newly caught Kaplan was the perfect Pokemon for that, besides he haven't tested the Wingull yet in any battle.

Arthur was going to tell Kaplan who was on the sidelines to enter the battle but another thought plagued Arthur's mind. If he called out Kaplan, then what about Hunter? Hunter loves to battle, and the fact that Hunter was rarely used when compared with both Muchorin and Braveheart weighed a bit on Arthur's heart. But the fact still stood that if Arthur lose here, not only he would have to dig for quite a while and miss the speech, but the Dome Fossil would be gone from his grasp.

"You're done yet? Just follow your heart and pick your choice."

"He's right… Then, I'm sorry Hunter." "Go, Kaplan!" Kaplan flew over from the sidelines with a smiling face, he was eager to show to his trainer that he wasn't all that weak like the fight against Krabby.

"Mudbray, Smack Down!" Mudbray materialized a white orb, it turned into a huge chunk of rock that Mudbray kicked hard towards Kaplan.

"Dodge with Quick Attack, then follow up with Water Gun!" Kaplan swooped in fast towards the Mudbray, narrowly dodging the huge rock in the process. The Wingull the shot out powerful stream of water hitting hard on Mudbray's torso.

"Mudbray, retaliate with Rock Slide!" A barrage of rocks fell from above, however, Kaplan was too fast to be hit by the attack as it safely flew away.

"Pretty fast guy, eh? This is not good…" Matthew smiled a little, but in his head it wasn't a great situation. In a close-range fight, Mudbray could win easily which was the reason he sent it against Arthur's Beldum. But it's hard for Mudbray to retaliate against the much faster ranged fighter like Wingull. "Well no choice I guess, Smack Down!"

"Wingull, evade it and use Water Gun once more!" Mudbray's attempt in trying to attack Wingull backfired once more as a powerful torrent of water striked it once more.

"Okay, now I know what should I do. Mudbray, run away!" Mudbray turned his back from Kaplan while galloping away as fast as it could.

"This seems very suspicious, I don't really have a choice though. Kaplan chase the Mudbray with Wing Attack!" Wingull squawked before flying as much as possible to continue his dominance over the Mudbray.

"Now, blind him Mudbray!" Mudbray kicked quite a lot of sand towards the speeding Kaplan, effectively blinding the Seagull Pokemon in the process. "Eat your own tactics, Arthur. Smack Down!" With the Seagull Pokemon still blinded by the strategy, he was unable to dodge the large rock flying at him and was sent plummeting hard to the ground.

"Geez, that can't be good." It was not a good situation as the Wingull was at the ground fighting against a much powerful Mudbray, Arthur had to make Kaplan fly once more or he'll kiss the Dome Fossil goodbye. "Wingull, fly away now!"

"Too late for that. Mudbray, High Horsepower!" Mudbray galloped away towards the Seagull Pokemon, as it was looking forward to sealing the victory for Matthew.

Arthur panicked at this as he didn't have any means of stopping the Mudbray, but Kaplan not wanting his first outing with his trainer ended in a humiliating defeat flapped its wings to send chilling winds towards the Donkey Pokemon. The wind froze the water dripping around Mudbray's body, indirectly incapacitating it by freezing two front legs of the Donkey Pokemon.

The situation turned into a race against each other as Kaplan blinked as fast as he could to remove the sand obscuring his sight against Mudbray who tried to shatter the ice on his front hinds.

Not wanting to gamble his way into victory, Arthur decided to test his luck and end the battle as soon as possible. "Kaplan, Water Gun then Icy Wind again!"

Still blinded by the effect of a makeshift sand-attack earlier, Kaplan shot out torrent of water as much as it could and hoped that the attack will hit the target. Lucky for him the torrent of water blasted right on the head of the charging Mudbray which flinched it due to the intensity. The neighing of the struggling Mudbray was enough for Kaplan to know where roughly the Mudbray was and finally the chilling breeze was sent towards the Mudbray.

Kaplan's luck didn't end there, as the chilling freeze, this time also froze Mudbray's head that was already soaked in water thanks to the Water Gun earlier, rendering it unable to continue battling.

Arthur clenched his fist as he managed to be victorious. He wasn't proud of some of the strategies that he considered overboard in a Pokemon battle, but it was a choice he had to make as Mr. Matthew wasn't a pushover at all. He regretted some of the actions he took, but he tried to cheer himself up.

"Congrats Kid, I guess the Dome Fossil is rightfully yours." Matthew stuck out his hand for a handshake which was accepted by Arthur. "Well, you shouldn't make your girlfriend wait."

Matthew pointed at Alice who was already waiting for Arthur to finish his business.

"Haha, no way that she's my girlfriend. She's uh… Kinda too rough." Arthur snickered.

"I heard that!" Alice angrily retorted back.

With the battle finally reached its climax with Arthur's victory. Arthur and Alice both rushed themselves towards Akurnai to listen to the long-awaited speech with only a little time to spare.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Fear and Loathing in Akurnai City Pt.2
    Time: Evening

Henry pulled out his map and began to make his way toward the gym. With any luck they were stilling taking challengers. It wasn't hard to find as the rest of the city seemed to flow towards it, and Henry was caught in the current. He eventually stopped just short of hearing distance of the stage and apparently the Pokemon gym. Henry jostled his way to the center of the crowd, ignoring the insults and complaints that came his way.

"Aw, thank you everyone! Nice to see you all out for us today!" Some whoops and clapping from the crowd. "I have some special guests with me here! Your mayor, Lawrence Hardt! Your gym leader, Deidre! And your regional champion… Casimir!" this was greeted by rapturous, and wolf whistles. Henry hoped that someday would be him. Standing on stage with thousands of adoring fans.

Ravenna turns the podium over to Casimir with a mock bow. He sticks his tongue out at her. Laughter bubbles up from the gathered crowd at their antics. So they were friends, most likely.

Casimir quickly turns serious for the audience, though, and flips through a small stack of notecards. "As we all know, Kinyo's great tradition of Pokémon training has suffered a great decline in the last seven years. Despite the hard work put in by members of the Pokémon League and all its supporters, the number of trainers continues to dwindle. As of two days ago, even the esteemed Mahono Academy has closed its doors for the final time."
    There wasn't too much regret in the crowd, a few expressions of nostalgia from the over 30s. He supposed this kinda put in perspective that Pokemon training was really dying a slow death in this region. Henry always wondered why. Were these people just more boring? The excitement of the big tournaments, the beauty of the contests, the comforting familiarity of the local gym. The thrill of journeying to parts unknown with no one to rely on but your Pokemon and maybe a few companions. How had these people forgotten that?

"The last graduating class is making their way to Akurnai at this very moment. No trainers from abroad have submitted applications to challenge Kinyo's Pokémon League." Casimir looks agonized as he continues. "This is all pointing toward a true end for the culture of Pokémon training in this region."
    There was an expression of sympathy from the watchers. They seemed to love their champion, even if they didn't seem all that passionate about training.

"Akurnai as a city is making a name for itself throughout the Kinyo region. Space inside the core city is in high demand. Considering-" Casimir clears his throat an begins again. "Considering all of this. It has been decided that the Pokémon Gym is to be demolished and replaced with a new development."

"Leader Deidre-" Casimir gestures to the pale woman in one of the chairs behind him. "-will be taking challenges at the Vinylace Gym starting two days from now."

Casimir sighs and makes one last statement before taking his seat. "Thank you for your support over the years."

The gathered crowd applauds as Ravenna again takes the podium. "Thank you, Champion Casimir! Now, the next question that's obviously on everyone's minds is- what's going to replace the old gym? Well, basically… it's going to be amazing! The coolest part is that it's going to be the tallest building in Akurnai once it's finished, but we have Mayor Hardt here to go into all the fantastic details!"

The Mayor went into the various details. It was impressive, residencies, amenities, and offices blah, blah, but it lacked soul. A gym was somewhere a young trainer could go to get some advice, to see what they could be with enough hard work and skill. This was just a really tall buliding. Maybe if you'd never left Kinyo it would be impressive, but anyone who had ever been Saffron, Jubilife or Castelia City would probably forget about shortly after they left.

Anyway there was no time to wallow. After all the deed was already done, but he still needed that gym badge, and he still had time. If he managed to track Deidre down. In a massive city. That he'd never been too before. Strangely his fellow travelers were his salvation. Word on the street is that Deidre was a bartender in her of hours and a popular tourist activity was to bar hop until you found her.

"So which bar is it?", Henry asked the young women who had told him all this

"I dunno man that's part of the fun", she responded giggly. Something in Henry's gut that she had a few already, and that she probably wouldn't make it to bar No. 2

So that left him to simply guess which one, and he also had to get into the bar. That would be the easy part. With wit and charm like his, who needed a fake ID?

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Momoka Kuchiki & Kira Wolf & Riley Blackwood

Entry 4-5: Akurani City\Day 3/ {Evening}

The Announcement and Surprise Reunions!

The sun began to set over the skyline as bright neon signs began to take their turn illuminating the city. The already busy streets grew even more turbulent as people got off work and headed home. For a rural girl like Kira, it felt like you could be swept away like an ocean current navigating through the people. Eventually making her way to the central square it became clear that if the streets were a harsh current, the crowd in the city's square was like a solid boulder the current had to flow around. Too short to see the stage very well from the outer edges Kira began to push her way through the crowd, looking for a better vantage point.

Somewhere in the crowd, Momo turned her head, trying to see through the heavily dense crowd, but no such luck. She quickly returned Pidge when she noticed how agitated he was become every time someone bumped or pushed her, but kept Polly out, not wanting to be alone in a tough crowd. She turned to the left and, as much as she can, used her strength to gently push past people, hoping to get out of the crowd.

A smile stretched wide across Riley's face as she walked through the streets of Akurnai City. While it definitely lacked the charm of a place like Spikemuth, the Galarian girl had to admit that it did make her feel a bit more at home compared to the other places she had been. It even helped improve her mood a bit from the whole mess that had happened earlier in the day at the beach.

"I wonder if they have some kinda music store here," Riley wondered aloud as she looked around at the rather large buildings. "I remember that Piers and his group was supposed to be havin' that new album drop soon and I ain't plannin' on missin' it."

The girl's musings were soon silenced by the sight of quite a large crowd gathering across the street. Riley could hear what appeared to be the voice of some man giving some kind of speech, but the girl honestly wasn't paying too much attention to what he was saying. Rather, she found herself to be quite curious at what the gathering was even about. The white-haired girl decided to throw caution to the wind and make her way towards the gathering crowd. That said, even when she got over to her destination it was quite difficult for her to see what was going on. Most of the onlookers towered over her by a few good inches, and even standing on her tiptoes wasn't allowing Riley to get a good look at what everyone was looking at. Needless to say, the girl was only able to keep her balance for so long before she ended up stumbling forward and essentially plowing right into someone's backside in the process.

"Hey! What the hell are you doin'?" the unfortunate victim of Riley's stumble questioned. "Can't you see I'm standin' here?!"

Riley glanced up at the owner of the voice, slightly agitated that they were reacting in such a way from the innocent bump. Whoever it was was definitely a female, but it was… quite difficult to make out their full appearance from the hoodie they were wearing. The person had decided to keep the hood up over their head, essentially hiding most of their facial features in the process.

"Oi, keep your shirt on love… I didn't mean go bumpin' into ya like that," Riley replied. "Ain't no reason to go gettin' all pissy, yeah?"

The hooded woman rolled her eyes. "Whatever… Go piss off and play somewhere else, kid. I'm tryin' to pay attention here."

"Kid…?" Riley questioned, her temper quickly rising with how rude this person was being. "Look… It was an accident. You're bein' a right ass, though so maybe you oughta be the one to chill out?!"

The woman in the hoodie sighed in annoyance. "I'm not gonna say this again. Get lost. I don't care what ya think or how you feel about it… just piss off!"

Riley clenched her fist, her anger reaching her boiling point. This whole exchange was reminding her of the incident back on the beach with the guy at that burger stand and his Granbull. Without a moment's hesitation, the short girl grabbed a hold of Hoothoot's poké ball and held it forward.

"I'm gettin' right sick of the whole lot of you assholes in this damn region, ya know?!" Riley sneered. "I oughta beat the bloody snot right outta ya!"

The hooded woman turned, glancing down at the Galarian immigrant. A small smirk twisting up on her lips as she reached for a ball hanging off her own belt. "Is that right, shortstack? Look, I've beaten down wild Pidgeys more intimidatin' than you. But if you really want to embarrass yourself in front of all these people, I'm all for a quick battle."

As Kira was trying her best to push her way towards the stage the crowd around her started to get restless. They seemed to be shifting away from something, murmuring to each other as they did so.

"Are those two seriously going to fight?" Whispered a concerned looking man.

"I'm willing to bet so; they're both trainers, short one looks foreign as well." Whispered back a snooty looking woman.

"Figures, they are trainers after all. Why would they care about what's going on around them?" A third man added, rolling his eyes as he whispered.

Kira's heart felt heavy as she overheard this conversation, the bit about trainers from the third person hitting a bit close to home. Jumping up in a desperate attempt to see over people's shoulders, Kira could vaguely see a small ring of people beginning to form. Curious to see what was going on she slowly squeezed her way towards it, her jaw dropping in sheer disbelief when she saw who it was.

"What the Hell are you doing!?" Kira shouted at Riley from the ring of people, figuring she had lost her mind.

Riley jumped at the sound of the familiar voice, her eyes darting from left to right and back again as she tried to pick out the owner. Her eyes widened as she spotted a classmate from the academy standing there, staring at her with a look of complete anger. Still, the white-haired teen seemed to be hardly swayed by Kira's callout.

"Oi, don't go shoutin' down at me like it's all my bloody fault!" Riley exclaimed, before turning her attention back towards the older girl in the hoodie. "This cheeky tart went out of her damn way to go an' pick a fight an' I ain't 'bout to back down now! This is 'bout Spikemuth pride now, mate!"

"Excuse me.." A hand gently pushed a female adult as a pink haired girl emerged from behind holding a Lillipup. "Sorry…" Person after person, she would gently push or shove people, hoping that the exit was near, but as more people came, the farther away was her hopes. Polly looked around, sniffing people as they passed by.

"Are they really fighting? Here of all places?" a female whined nearby, making Momo pause in her search. A fight nearby? Could that be the reason for the crowd?

"Honestly, I'm hoping so. It's so boring here without many trainers, so there isn't much action nowadays. I heard one is a female teen, but I don't know about the other, but if it's a female, there could be a cat fight?" A female teen? Did they mean an actual trainer battle or a normal one?

Momo shook her head and continued looking for the exit, but as she kept moving forward, she could hear female voices, both sounding aggressive.

'Where is the exit?' mentally whined Momo as she tired to move another adult, but they wouldn't budge. She sighed before trying with the other adult, and he moved, allowing her to pass through, but she didn't expect to come face-to-face with the said two trainers. One had short white hair and green eyes, holding out a pokeball towards the older, who pad a hand placed on a pokeball at her belt.

She quickly turned and tried to enter the crowd, not wanting to get in between a cat fight, but a person emerged and pushed her away, causing her to stumble back and bump into the white haired teen.

"I'm sorry!" As Momo apologize, moving back a bit and bowing towards the teen, she glanced at the girl. 'She looks familiar… And looks to be around my age… Is she from?'

Kira gritted her teeth in anger as Riley stuck to her guns, staring daggers at her from the outside of the forming ring. Truthfully, she didn't care that much about what would happen to Riley specifically, but rather how it would reflect on the rest of the class. With a clenched fist, Kira stormed out towards Riley, completely ignoring the other woman's existence.

"Oi, don't go shouting down at me…" Kira mocked, a heavy amount of spite in her voice as she spoke out at Riley. "I don't give a damn who started the fight, look around you! There are literally hundreds of people around you! Do you have any self-awareness at all!? If you want to start a fight I'll drag you out to the beach and slug you there! Better that than you losing your licenses after less than a week!"

"Um…" Momo didn't know what to do. Another teen stormed through the crowd and towards the white haired girl, she had short, dark-mahogany hair and green eyes, and she was furious. She started to yell, startling the pinkette, and Momo noticed all the people around, looking at them, but specifically the two fuming females. 'If they are from school, then…'

"Miss, you should move this elsewhere, people are watching and if this reaches the Professor's ears, it could be over!"

A grunt of frustration slipped past Riley's lips. "Don't go givin' me that crap! I'm sure the ol' lady would be proud of me stickin' up for myself at this point! 'Sides, all I've had today are people walkin' all over me and I'm bloody sick of it, mate!" Without missing a single beat, Riley shifted her attention towards the onlookers, her tone still fierce and loud. "And you lot! Stop lookin' down on us trainers like that Ya bloody sit there with your noses turned up, treatin' us like we're some kinda third-rate rubbish! Well, I'll have ya know yer lookin' at yer next champion and the next big act to take the world by storm! Ya better get a good look at my mug, 'cause it's gonna be all over the papers before ya know it!"

Kira nostrils flared up in anger as Riley spoke, barely resisting the urge to punch her straight in the jaw. "What am I supposed to give you then, praise? Do you want a pat on the back? Oh good job Riley, you managed to pick a fight in the middle of a busy street plaza, I'm so proud of you!" Kira mocked, her eyes beginning to tear up despite her best efforts otherwise. "If you want to act like an idiot fine, go out there and prove everyone right. I figured I'd look out for a fellow classmate but forgive me for walking all over you!" She concluded with a genuinely hurt tone to her voice.

Riley raised an eyebrow. "Ah, c'mon mate… I didn't mean ya… and I didn't go pickin' a fight, that slag went an' started it…"

Riley went to point at the hooded woman, only to find that she had apparently slithered off sometime after Kira and Momo arrived. Now every eye of the spectators was focused solely on the Galarian trainer. Whispers and murmurs slipping out about how she had made Kira start crying.

"Bloody hell…" Riley cursed.

The moment she saw Kira Wolf's tears, she remembered their names after the teen mentioned helping a classmate, she panicked and swerved her head from said teen to Riley Blackwood. She grabbed a pokeball and returned Polly, having a feeling that something might happen, and slowly placed a hand on Kira's shoulder.

"K-Kira, there's no need to cry! I'm sure Riley didn't mean it!" Momo assured, hoping to defuse the tension, but she heard the whispers of the crowd, and they were all aimed at their classmate, making her frown. She let go of Kira's shoulder and walked to be in the middle of the teens, looking out into the crowd, her sapphire eyes glaring. She didn't like the way the people were staring at her classmate and they whispers were making it worse.

"Hey! Stop gossiping about things you don't know! She didn't mean it, alright?! Instead of standing and watching drama, go do something useful!"

Kira began to speak up again however fell silent as the pressure of the several dozen gazes around her began to take hold, almost feeling their stares crawling on her skin. Uncomfortably she adjusted the hood on her jacket in a pathetic attempt to hide herself, silently spiting the crowd as they began muttering about her.

"I-I wasn't crying, why would I cry over someone that stupid?" Kira meekly lied, unable to deceive even herself. Quietly she shuffled in place a bit, wanting desperately to escape.

Before Momo can comfort the girl, the stage was illuminated by floodlights, said items are turn inwards facing the four occupants on stage. One of the figures stand and a voice announced the figure's title, making the crowd turn their attention to the stage. The moment the figure is doused in light, the crowd erupts into cheers as Ravenna smiles and waves.

"Aw, thanks everyone! Nice to see you all out for us today!" You could hear some people clapping and even whooping. "I have some special guests with me today!"

"Your mayor, Lawrence! Hardt! Your Gym Leader, Deidre! And your regional champion… Casimir!" As the remaining figures were introduced, spotlights where shone upon them, the crowd crying out just as loud. Momo noticed that the crowd didn't cheer as much as for the gym leader as they did for the mayor and champion.

"Now you've probably noticed our backdrop by now-" Ravenna gestured behind towards a building that was the residence of Akurani's Pokemon Gym for years. "Well, we're all here to talk about exactly that! Casimir, how'd you like to start us out?"

Momo smiles as she watches the small antics of the two, glad that the attention of the crowd wasn't on them anymore.

Almost instantly, Casimir's expression changed to serious as he stared at the crowd. "As we all know, Kinyo's great tradition of Pokemon training has suffered a great decline in the last seven years. Despite the hard work put in by members of the Pokemon League and all its supporters, the number of people trainers continues to dwindle. As of two days ago, even the esteemed Mahono Academy has closed its doors for the final time."

At the words, Momo was saddened, the same Academy that trained her grandparents and Father, was closing. She glanced around and saw some people looking bored at the words while others bore nostalgic expressions, mumbles and whispers echoing around.

"The last graduating class is making their way to Akurani at this very moment. No trainers from abroad have submitted applications to challenge Kinyo's Pokemon League. This is all pointing towards a true end for the culture of Pokemon training in this region."

Casimir takes a deep breath before continuing, "Akurani as a city is making a name for itself throughout the Kinyo region. Space inside the core city is in high demand. Considering-" The male cleared his throat. "Considering all of this. It has been decided that the Pokemon Gym is to be demolished and replaced with a new development."

'Wait what?' Momo was surprised, they were demolishing the gym? But doesn't a gym leader need a gym for gym battles?

"Leader Deidre will be taking challenges at the Vinylace Gym starting two days from now. Thank you for your support over the years." As he closed his statement, he went back to his seat, allowing Ravenna to take over, the crowd's applaud loud and clear.

"Thank you Champion Casimir! Now, the next question that's obviously on everyone's mind is- what's going to replace the old gym? Well, basically… it's going to be amazing! The coolest part is that it's going to be the tallest building in Akurani once it's finished, but we have Mayor Hardt here to go into all the fantastic details!"

As said, the Mayor replaced Ravenna's spotlight, explaining the new building and what its going to have inside. Momo wasn't that excited to hear about the details, she was intrigued with how the Gym Leader left the stage abruptly, but she wasn't the only one who saw.

As the words kept coming, the crowd started to get bored and slowly, they started to disperse until only half was left once the mayor was finished, declaring his ending statement. Immediately, the rest went on their merry way.

"What a load of Rapidash ****," Riley cursed, crossing her arms across her chest. "Can ya believe that they're closin' the gym like that? Honored tradition my arse! And the gym leader didn't even seem to care! She just wandered off like it ain't no big deal!"

Kira's face darkened as the announcement was made, remaining deathly quiet throughout the entire presentation. She has been hearing rumors for her entire life about the league closing its doors however this was the first time it felt genuinely real to her. Unable to speak she simply crammed her hand into her jacket pocket and palmed Azure's ball, completely lost in thought.

"That gym leader gal… Where do ya suppose she ran off to?" Riley questioned, looking back towards her fellow classmates. Well, bollocks on this. We need to find her, right quick I reckon!"

"I heard some people whispering about Miss Deidre when she was leaving and one said something about returning to her bar." commented Momo, looking towards the city. "We are too young to enter bars, so we won't be able to see her for awhile."

Riley smirked. "Then we'll just have to find a way in."

Momo looked at the teen for a few seconds before frowning, "We're going to get in trouble, aren't we?"

Kira finally looked up as the two girls talked between her, giving Momo a bit of a smug look. "Not if we don't get caught." she said in a sly tone. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a wallet and from inside, an ID card with Kira's photo and the name 'Nia Vaughn'. "I used this a few weeks ago to buy some fireworks, can't really make another though without the school's laminator."

"That gives you a clear way to go and Riley will go anyways, with or without ID. I'll wait outside for you guys, but you guys need to dress fancy for these types of clubs." Momo didn't really want to go to a club, she heard from her grandparents that clubs were for adults and people there smelled of alcohol half the time. She didn't want to experience that now.

"Ya bet your mum's bacon I'm gonna go in there, mate!" Riley replied. She paused however, a thought now racing through her head. "But what do ya mean I gotta dress fancy? Ain't nothin' wrong with what I got on now, right?"

Kira gave Momo a wry look "You seem to know quite a bit about clubs Mrs. I'll wait outside" she teased before turning to Rylie. "As for you I agree with her. We're not going to want to attract attention and the clothes would stick out… a lot." Kira said rather flatly, her arms crossed in a very judgmental style.

"My grandparents told me about clubs once." briefly explained Momo before turning to Riley, looking over her outfit. "Well, you don't have to wear something too fancy, but enough to fit in and see if Miss Deidre is in there."

"T'ch… Whatever… If we're gonna do this, then let's get movin'," Riley replied, rolling her eyes. How could they dare to question her style? This was what all of Piers' biggest fans wore! "But I ain't got anythin' else that'll match what you blokes are wantin' me to wear, so ya better help me out with this one."

"I'd say a simple dress of your choice and some smart sneakers or dress shoes. That's all I have, im not that big into fashion." commented Momo, looking over Riley's outfit, then looked over to Kira. "What do you think Kira?"

"I certainly agree she'll need to wear something else for sure, but I can't say what. Despite what the card might imply I don't know much about clubs; my plan was just to throw on something decent looking." Kira said with an exaggerated sigh. "It's a shame we don't have an expert going in with us. We might look right but how will we ever know what to do?"

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 9
    Insensitive Man

"For a region with a dying scene of Pokemon training, the crowd's reaction to the Champion was as loud as ever." Arthur sipped his lemonade calmly, he managed to arrive in time in order to listen to the speech.

"Still, it's sad that the gym here would be closed." Arthur sighed. He thought it was inevitable, with how the city was shaping there was just no place for a gym to be in the city. It was very sad but those things had to happen eventually. His attention was turned into behind him as he felt someone tugged his right sleeve.

"...Bastard… I finally… Caught up… With you…" It was Alice, she was barely able to stand properly due to exhaustion.

"You're totally late, young lady." Arthur took another sip of his lemonade.

"Well, who's fault is it!?" She yelled, causing the people around to look at her in confusion.

"Shush, you're too loud… Besides, you're the one who refused my offer for a piggyback ride, you have no one to blame but yourself."

"B-but it was a piggyback ride… It's embarrassing…" Alice's face turned bright red as she imagined her being carried through the beach by Arthur,

"Then what? You'll be fine with a bridal carry?" Arthur teased Alice even more.

Alice responded with a swift kick to the shin. "...Jerk." She left Arthur and walked towards anywhere the road took her.

"Geez… It's just a joke, Alice!" Arthur yelled towards Alice while holding his shin in pain to no avail. Alice still continued her walk without caring about Arthur's shout.

"Look mom, a couple is squabbling on the streets." "Shush Angie, don't point on strangers." The conversation he heard from the passerby added to the awkwardness of the situation. With no choice left, he chased Alice.

Took a while to convince Alice to forgive him, but eventually, he managed to with some difficulties here and there.

"Cut me some slack here…" Arthur complained to Alice who was sitting on the bench in front of him.

"Whatever…" Alice averted her gaze.

"Let's talk about more pressing matters shall we?" Arthur tried to sit on the seat next to Alice

"Who says you can sit here?" Alice snarkily retorted.

Arthur rose up again from his seat while biting his lips, he also closed up his eyes in order to help him to calm down. "Damned witch…". He then took a deep breath, it's half his fault that he ended up like this... Or so he tried to put his mindset into with no success, he still thought that it was completely the fault of Alice.

"Well, basically what I'm trying to say is. I guess we're among the last challengers to challenge Deidre in this gym, she's moving her gym to Vinylace soon."

"I knew it…" Alice already saw the dilapidated gym at the center of the city, she knew it wasn't going to take long until the gym was abolished or moved.

"Putting that aside, we still have an issue at our hand… We don't know where to find Deidre exactly. I did hear from some locals that she moonlights as a bartender at one of the bars around here but which one, I don't know." Arthur scratched his head.

"Well, we just have to try, don't we?"

"Easy for you to say, we're underage you know?"

"Don't worry, I have a plan." Alice flashed a mischievous smile.

Arthur had a bad feeling, but he didn't have any other idea than fake id and that cost a lot. Not wanting to put his wallet through another torture so fast, he puts all of his trust in Alice, not knowing what will happen in the end.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 10
    An Appointment

Arthur and Alice both stood in front of a bar. They were not sure it was the bar that they need to found or not but left with little choice, they had to enter. The music from the bar slightly spilled to the road outside, Arthur thought that it may be a sign that a lot of people frequents this place, infiltrating this place should be easy if they both can avoid the bouncer.

"So how's your strategy in handling this?"

"Don't worry, I'll handle this problem. You should just wait patiently" Alice confidently declared.

"Fine, I'll leave this one to you."

Alice left Arthur immediately, Arthur's thought drifted away from the place. Could he handle his first gym battle well? This is a Gym Leader he's talking about, it won't be easy. But, if he couldn't handle a Gym Leader, how the hell is he going to surpass his grandfather, it's absurd. He can… No, he must win, no matter what.

Finished resolving the worries in his mind, he averted his gaze back to Alice. Much to his surprise, Alice was currently talking with the bouncer.

"What the hell, Alice!? You've ruined our plan… Ah, I shouldn't trust you to do this…" Arthur worriedly gazed towards the two who were speaking with each other. The burly bouncer was a concern to handle… If he could suffocate him for a moment, maybe he can enter the building without any issues. He was focused on thinks about the best possible scenario at this point,

Suddenly he could hear sobbing noises from Alice's direction. "What the actual hell is going on?" As he turned his head, he could see the bouncer crying. Arthur dropped his jaw at this revelation. He couldn't imagine what the hell Alice did to produce that result.

Alice wiggled her hand, telling Arthur to come near them. The confused man obliged and decided to hear what she had to tell him.

"You have twenty minutes, go and find Deidre inside. I'm staying here as a guarantee."

"Whoa, whoa… Slow down, what the hell is going on!?" What Alice said hit him so suddenly like a speeding truck.

"Trust me." Alice winked playfully.

"Fine, fine… It's not like I have a choice, am I?"

Arthur took a deep breath and left Alice to search for Deidre inside the establishment. It was very loud as expected, but there's a ton of people there, he need to look carefully for any signs of the Akurnai Gym Leader.

"Well then, where should I go? She must be at the counter, isn't she?"

Arthur came close to the counter, he immediately found the Gym Leader tending to some of the bar's patron. Remembering that he had limited time, he wasted no time coming to the counter.

"Need any drinks?"

"Nope, I'm not here for that. I'm one of the recent graduates of Mahono Academy."

"That 'effin bouncer needs to do his job properly… And so? You're going to challenge me? It's open from eight, just come straight to the gym." Deidre answered, she was busy mixing a few drinks for the other customers.

"Thanks, Miss Deidre."

"Just call me Deidre. This isn't a place for kids like you, so get the hell out of here." Deidre with her hands gestured him to leave.

"Rude…" Arthur mumbled under his breath. At least he got an appointment to battle her, with him being uncomfortable staying long at the bar, he quickly left the establishment.

Arthur came out only to be greeted by Alice who was waiting for him. "How's it?"

"Yeah, this was the right bar. She'll open the gym from eight, I don't know when she'll close it again, although I'm sure she'll be there until sundown."

The bouncer came close to Arthur and offered his hand. Arthur who had no reason to refuse accepted it in confusion of what the hell is going on.

"You have a long journey ahead of you, Kid. Go forth and find your place in the world." The burly man patted Arthur's shoulder.

"Uh… Thanks?" Arthur was more confused than ever at this point, he wondered what the heck Alice did she told this man.

"Thank you very much, Sir." Alice bowed slightly.

"No, no, no… The pleasure is mine, Haha." The man looked very happy. Arthur decided to ask the question later when he's alone with Alice.

Arthur walked together with Alice, he imagined she had a place she did want to go to, but he really wondered where is that. Curious, he asked Alice straight away. "Where are we going now? It's already late…"

"Well, I've helped you to find Deidre, right? So I'm demanding my reward."

Yikes, he should've thought this coming. Arthur shook his head as he imagined what kind of sadistic torture Alice would put to his wallet.

"You don't need to worry, it's not something expensive."

"Let me guess, a bracelet?"

"Nope, try again." Alice giggled.

"Is it even an item?" Arthur tried to narrow the categories down.

"Haha, nope."

Arthur was out of ideas, he didn't have any sparks of inspiration about what the heck did this girl want. Alice giggled when she saw the confused Arthur.

"We're already close you know… Take a close look in front of you."

"Front? Wait, really!?"

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Henry Astor

A Night on the Town
    Time: Night

Henry wandered around for a bit occasionally stopping to talk into still somewhat sober folks in hope of gleaning more information, but as far as he could discern Deidre served alcohol for most of the city's bars and nightclubs, and played smooth jazz for an up-scale lounge, so Henry decided to just find a likely looking place, and try his luck. Maybe he'd get lucky. He stumbled across a bar. The Queen of Clubs. It was as likely as place as any.

He'd have to you know look like he was actually going clubbing though. He unfortunately looked more like someones lawyer rather than someone who was going out partying. He undid his tie and shoved it in one of his pockets, popped his jacket collar, put his sunglasses on, and hoped for the best.

"ID?", the Bouncer asked he looked right he had already had a rough night.

Henry made a big show of not being able to find it. "Damn, must have left wallet at home, could you just let me in, we both know, I'm of age."

"No I don't and besides, how are you supposed to pay for drinks?", he said not having any of it.

"Well you're right I suppose, I'll just rush home and grab it real fast." Henry responded

"Yeah you do that", the bouncer said

Fake ID: 1
    Wit and Charm: 0

Henry found a quiet place some distance from the bar to consider a new approach. He found an out of the way alley with a dumpster. Perhaps it was time time to seek some advice, or at least a sounding board. Ralts popped out of the Pokeball.

"So we need to get into this club. What have you got for me?", Henry asked

Ralts made a punching motion. This was her typical response when she sensed Henry was perplexed or stressed.

"Yeah that isn't going to work. Stealth is the name of the game here.", Henry said fixing his outfit. To be frank he wasn't sure why he did that. It was one of those things that seemed like a good idea, but to be honest he probably looked like some kind of weirdo.

In response Ralts teleported on top of the dumpster next to Henry's head and made another more exaggerated punching motion. "We just had a scrap with a bunch of Wingulls. What more do you want... ", then it hit him. "Ralts you're a genius!

Teleport. It was really a useful move. He really should utilize it more. Frankly he didn't trust Ralts to teleport through solid objects yet, or at least objects she couldn't see through. He skulked around the bar trying to keep out of sight of the bouncer. Then he saw it. A bathroom window.

"Okay Ralts, I need you to teleport me into the bathroom". Ralts just kind of looked at him confused. "Ah right, gotta say it the right way." he reminded himself, He gently grabbed Ralts hand and said with his battling voice. "Use teleport", he said pointing at the bathroom on the other side of the window.

It was a rough landing. The bathroom window was decently high off the ground. He collected himself and hoped the music was louder than his landing. He had made it in. While his wit and charm had failed him, his cunning had won him the day. He entered the bar after stowing Ralts in her Pokeball. It was a typical bar. It had a dance floor, but most patrons were sitting around drinking or eating bar food. He walked up to the bar. All he had to do was act casual, ask some questions, and then leave out the backdoor, or worst case scenario the window. The bartender certainly wasn't Deidre, but maybe she was on break or her shift was later?

"So what can I get for you?", the bartender asked.

"Uh a whiskey and coke, with some fried pickles." Henry was starving, he had only had a sandwich with his coffee earlier. The drink he had seen some dude in a movie order once

"Sure", he said ringing him up. Henry paid the man. "So you from out of town?"

"Yeah I'm here on a trip with my friends.", Henry said. "You know anything about the local gym leader? Like where I could meet her? Collecting gym leader autographs is something of a hobby of mine."

It was a flimsy excuse, but to be honest he doubted the bartender would scrutinize him too much.

"Dunno never met her", he said handing him his drink. "Someone will be out with your food in a minute." Deidre didn't work here, Henry consoled himself with the fact that it was a longshot anyway.

Henry sat at the table and nursed his drink. He could probably try a few more places tonight now that he had a surefire entrance method, but first food. A waitress brought him his pickles. The alcohol burned like hellfire going down, but the pickles were good. Later Henry would later reflect that he should've probably left after learning what he need to know. Out of the corner of his eye the bouncer saw him right before he entered the break room, and started approaching him.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 11
    A Nerve-Calming Experience

Arthur was surprised by what Alice actually asked as her reward. To his surprise, it wasn't something as expensive as he initially thought.

"You should've told me straight to the point, you know?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Alice giggled.

"It's not fun you know, I was afraid that I couldn't pay."

"Come on, I'm not going to waste money on expensive things… Well, most of the time."

"See? I knew it." Arthur shrugged.

Both of them shared a laugh. However, Arthur couldn't help but notice that Alice was trying to hide her anxiousness. Seeing her actions, Arthur could understand why she asked him to accompany her riding the Ferris Wheel.

"Well, I'm not going to blame you asking this as a reward. Besides, not every day you can ride together with a dashing figure like myself." Arthur slicked back his hair while winking playfully.

"Gross." Alice lightly kicked Arthur's shin causing him to laugh.

"Feeling better?"

"You knew?"

"Well, it's not hard to see… Just spill the beans, it'll make you feel better." The young man's gaze turned serious as he worried about his friend.

"I see, well I guess I can't hide anything from you, I'm feeling tense about tomorrow. I don't know if I can beat Deidre."

"Come on, our future champion is worried? You beat me multiple times I lost count already. Chin up, everything's going to be fine." Arthur tried to reassure Alice, he was more sure about Alice's chance of beating the gym than his chances.

"Thanks, but you're overexaggerating on the lost count part," Alice grumbled.

"Sheesh, I was trying to compliment you, Girl. Yet you still nitpick on that part… And yes I still remember our record against each other. It's 6-13 for your lead, that's more than enough proof you'll do better than me tomorrow."

"But still… Enough of that. Are you ready for tomorrow? You look in better shape than me right now." Alice wondered about Arthur, he didn't look worried at all about the gym battle he had to do tomorrow.

"Welp, I was hoping that you wouldn't bring that up. I'm tense as hell right here."

"Liar."

"Hey what am I supposed to do? Do you want me to be literally shaking in my boots right now? Believe it or not, I'm even tenser right now thanks to the fact that we can see Hoenn from here." Arthur pointed towards the window of the gondola facing towards the Hoenn Region.

"Why though? I knew you grew up in Hoenn, but I don't understand why is it really that pressure inducing for you." Alice pondered the reasons why Arthur acted that way towards the sight of Hoenn.

"Shoot, me and my big mouth…" Arthur regretted his loose lips, alas he had to find a fake reason as quickly as possible. "Uh… You know, because I… Uh… Have a promise… Haha."

"With whom?" Alice squinted her eye in disbelief.

"With… Ah, screw this. I'm not that good at lying. I have my personal reasons which I can't tell you right now." Arthur shook his head at his disability to tell a proper lie, he didn't want to mention his grandfather but a weak lie would never pass through Alice.

"Fine, but don't you dare forget it."

"Yeah, yeah, I won't. Probably"

"Well, anyway… Thanks for accompanying me here. I always wanted to ride this Ferris Wheel." Alice flashed a sweet smile.

Alice's smile took Arthur by surprise. "Dang, so she actually can be cu… No Arthur, what the hell are you thinking! There's no chance in hell you consider this fickle witch cute… Don't fall in her trap, there's a ton of other girls that are even more cuter..." Arthur shook his head in order to compose his thoughts.

"Arthur!? You oka-- Ow, what was that for!?" Alice leaned forward to check on Arthur, much to his bewilderment. He kicked Alice's leg as he couldn't think straight on how to handle the situation.

"O-Oh Sorry, my eyes really hurt right now." Arthur threw several light kicks to the air to fake his pain, moreover, he rapidly blinked his eyes while covering it with his arm to help him recover while in reality, he was just hiding the fact that his cheeks were flushed red.

Alice was confused at Arthur's odd mannerisms, but she decided not to pry further.

With the gondola safely reaching the ground, it was time for both of them to depart. However, Arthur stayed on his spot contemplating about something.

"You go ahead first, I still have something to do."

"Fine, I'll be going first, take care." Alice walked away from the amusement park towards her lodging for the night, both she and Arthur waved their hand at each other as they parted.

Arthur took a deep breath to calm his nerves… But it failed, he still couldn't be calm enough to do the thing he was going to do. However, he had put a lot of thinking in the matter and couldn't find a better solution to the issue he was going to solve. With a heavy heart, he grabbed one of his Pokeball and walked away from the commotion of people.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    163.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 12
    Promise

Arthur stopped at a small playground, it was on the outskirts of the city. He was pretty sure that nobody would interrupt him. He moved his gaze back to the Pokeball he carried since after the Ferris Wheel ride with Alice, the sight caused him to bit his lips in despair. But he already made up his mind.

"…Come out, Hunter." Arthur muttered weakly.

The Owl Pokemon came out from his Pokeball wondering why he was summoned out from his resting place, he was more confused when he saw his trainer smiling weakly, seemingly in distress.

"Hunter, the reason I called you out…" Arthur gulped, he didn't have the heart to continue talking to his Pokemon. However, with Hunter's wellbeing in consideration, he decided to steel his will. There was no choice.

Hunter tilted his head, confused with what was going on.

"I-I… I think I have to let you go…" Arthur closed his eyes just as he said the words, he felt extremely guilty that he had to pass the news to the poor bird.

"Hoot!?" Hunter squawked in shock, never he thought that the day would come, where he would be abandoned by his trainer. Is it because he obtained Kaplan? Is it because he gave no upside to his team? Is it because he's weak? Or is it because his trainer was simply bored with him? The poor bird couldn't hide the expression of dread painted all over his face.

Seeing this, his trainer quickly interjected Hunter's train of thought. "Listen… Do you remember when we first met?"
    Hunter nodded while listening intently, he was curious to find out why his trainer eventually came up with this 'crazy' decision.

"When I caught you, I told you that we'll be stronger together right? Now that I have traveled with you these few days, it's apparent that maybe your fate wasn't supposed to be tied with mine, at least not now…"

"Hoot!? Hoot!?" Hunter continued his squawking, he didn't understand his trainer's train of thought.

"I know this might sound crazy but… I don't want you to lose the fire in your eyes. From the first time we met, I could see that you loved battling more than anything in the world. But I can't give you that, there was no chance that you'll always be involved in a Pokemon battle, not to mention I can't even guarantee the fact that there will always be a battle every day…"

Hunter started to tear up, even if their bond was just created only a few days ago. It had left a profound effect on the Owl Pokemon. He didn't want to part with his trainer just because of that petty reason, he would be willing to cut his battling time if it meant he could stay on his team.

Arthur's conscience grew heavier as time passed on and the sight of his beloved Pokemon who was crying in front of him didn't help at all, but he had to be strong… All for the sake of the Pokemon who had given him a beautiful experience to look back on. With all of his remaining might, he decided to retort. "Listen to me! You're a proud fighter! Not a crybaby!"

Hunter was shook as he gazed upon the unusual scene his master screaming.

Arthur took a deep breath to compose himself before continuing. "Look, I-I don't want to give up on you either… If you really keen on being with me, then… How about we make a promise?"

Hunter tilted his head once more, but he kept listening intently with what his master talked from his mouth.

"If in one year your feelings didn't change, then let's do this together again. You know, in a year, I probably could go pro and compete in some cup and whatnot. Heck, maybe I could be a Champion in one year time… Well, the point is… In one year, I'll have more battles and competitions that would satisfy you… In the meantime, you should spread your wings… Train yourself, be stronger as you can be. I believe that one day we will be back together, beating the competition left and right… But now? I don't think it's the time yet. Please understand." Arthur was finally free from the weight he had.

Hunter wiped the tears in his face, he was glad he wasn't abandoned as he initially thought. He put out his wings for a handshake, which was met by his trainer.

"Let's meet again here in one year, okay? Take care, Pal." Arthur turned his back and started to walk away.

"Hoot!" Hoothoot squawked once more, this time full of confidence and vibrant hope.

"I'll miss you, Pal… I'll miss you…" The emotions welling up inside the young man finally burst as tears trickled down his pale face as he walked away, disappearing into the night.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Henry Astor
    A Daring Escape!
    Time: Night

The bouncer looked really angry, perhaps he'd already been jerked around that night or just had a low tolerance in general, but that was okay. Henry was about to make his daring escape just needed to find a window.

There were no windows. This was a most unfortunate complication in Henry's overall escape plan.

"So kid you going to make this easy or hard?', the deep rumble snapped Henry out of his thoughts. His reason was telling him that the easy way would probably be the best way. He'd probably spend part of tomorrow in lockup and maybe have a citation oh his record. The voice in his head that encouraged him to reach for greater heights, to carve out a future in a new region, to explore new unknowns, to never give up said he could escape, or perhaps it was just the whiskey.

"Well I've given the decision some thought, and I've decided...", he started "HOLY HELL WHAT IS THAT!?", he shouted pointing behind the bouncer. The bouncer instinctively looked over his shoulder, and Henry booked it for the bathroom.

He quickly let Ralts out of her Pokeball, and scooped her up in his arms. Ralts sensing the situation was particularly urgent did not protest as she usually would, and after a few brief moments he was outside again, laying on the ground after a rough landing. He managed to collect himself, and then he saw a familiarly large figure at the end of the alleyway. Of course. Nothing was ever simple.

There was no way to get past him. The alleyway was too narrow, and the bouncer was simply too heavily built for him to run down, and then he remembered that was he a trainer and this guy like most people in Kinyo clearly wasn't. That means he had the advantage, and a cocky smirk spread across his face when he realized this fact. He looked at Ralts, who looked more annoyed at being carried like a football than tired, and came to the decision that if it wasn't broke he shouldn't try to fix it. Besides he didn't want to add assault and battery to tonight's collection of crimes and misdemeanors. He got a running start, and the bouncer spread out to try to block him.

"Ralts use teleport!", it was less disorienting the third time around, perhaps due to the lack of height difference this time, and managed to land upright, and made a rapid exit into the night.

At the time he felt pretty good having managed to once again outwit danger, and escape relatively unscathed but upon reflection he realized that he could've handled the situation better, and that he didn't actually accomplish anything that night other than ruining his clothes. He also reflected that thinking should be his first port of call, instead of a last resort when things went sideways. He decided to give the idea some more thought later and called it a night.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 13
    Clash Of The Rivals

"Where the heck is he?" Alice tapped her shoes impatiently as she waited for a certain someone to arrive.

Soon she saw an unmistakably striking white hair walking through the crowd with leisure, with a paper cup in his right hand.

"You sure take your time…" The girl pouted when the young man came close to her.

"Well don't blame me, how the hell should I know to wake up early when you didn't tell me to prepare beforehand." Arthur took another sip of his morning tea.

"But, you usually wake up early, right? Are you really late or you're just trying to tease me?" Alice was suspicious of Arthur's tardiness.

"I truly wish it was the latter, but unfortunately I actually woke up later than I expected, I guess you whose fault was it." Arthur gave a mocking smile to insinuate Alice's morning anger.

"Jerk!" Alice kicked Arthur on the shin as usual.

"Thank you for the compliment, Mademoiselle." Arthur bowed slightly, further inciting the anger of the girl in front of him.

Realizing he was just moments away from getting the wrath of Alice, he stopped his joke immediately. "Ahem, well anyway… Why are you calling me this early? Didn't we agree yesterday that we'll go to the gym after lunch break?"

"Teehee, I knew you'll say that. Arthur Weissmann, I Alice Rosewell challenge you to a Pokemon battle!" Alice pointed her index finger towards Arthur.

Arthur choked on his tea and started to cough, he shook his head in disbelief seeing how Alice acted. She didn't realize that she was acting like that in an area with a lot of people passing by, and her declaration caused the passerby to look at them curiously. "Geez… Can't you do that where nobody is seeing us? It's embarrassing, you know…"

"What is?" Alice didn't understand why Arthur's embarrassed. He should've been honored by her challenge.

The answer given by the young lady elicited a facepalm from Arthur. "Ugh… Nevermind, let's get this over with… I accept…"

Both of them walked towards the beach once more, which they think was the most suitable place to battle in an effort to avoid unnecessary destruction of public property. Both of them thought that it would be nice if there was a place to battle properly, but with a lack of interest in Pokemon battling these days, it would be pretty hard to find a place they wanted.

"Well, are you ready yet?" Alice already stood in her battling spot with her Pokeball in hand.

"Please wait…" The white-haired teen took his newly bought hat from the bag. After all, avoiding sunburnt is the topmost priority. While adhering to the same priority, he quickly took his sunscreen, quickly applying it on his skin.

"Really, you're taking that long just to apply sunscreen?" Alice yawned in boredom.

"Yeah, also you should be grateful since I prolonged the time it took for you to lose against me," Arthur smirked to mock Alice.

"Hahaha." Alice sarcastically laughed. "Funny coming from the guy who lost thirteen battles against me."

"Touchè." Arthur showed a weak smile, deep inside, he admitted that even when she had the type advantage against him back then, she was no slouch in battling. It was going to be a tough fight. "Okay then, I'm ready… Let's do this at the same time." Arthur grabbed one of his Pokeball.

"Three…Two…One…Go!" Both of them threw their Pokeball towards the field, Arthur sent out Kaplan while Alice sent out her Cacnea, Thorne.

"Well, this is interesting. Cacnea, Pin Missile!"

"Kaplan, retaliate with Water Gun!"

The Cactus Pokemon shoots out white arrow-shaped stream streams of pins from the spikes on its body, which pierced the water stream spouted by the Seagull Pokemon. The Seagull Pokemon took several hits from the pin but managed to stay flying in the air.

"Sheesh her Cacnea is no joke… I should've expected that." "Change of plans. Kaplan use Wing Attack!"

Kaplan swooped in towards Thorne with his wing glowed in white energy.

"I'm not scared of your tactics Arthur! Thorne, use Needle Arm!" Thorne's right arm glowed green as it prepared itself to meet the Seagull Pokemon's attack.

"You fell for it. Kaplan, Supersonic!" Kaplan let out a distorting wave from his mouth, confusing Thorne who was preparing to meet his attack. It gave the Wingull a great opportunity to land a follow-up attack on the Cactus Pokemon.

"So that's your plan, I'm not going to let you win this though. Thorne, use Sand-attack to hide your presence!" The confused Cactus Pokemon frantically flailed his arms, creating clouds of dust to obscure itself from Kaplan's sight.

"Not this time, Alice. Kaplan, Icy Wind!" Kaplan flapped both of his wings, sending a chilling wind towards the dust clouds. The attack cleared the dust clouds but at the same time damaging the Cacnea.

"Time to end this! Kaplan, Wing Attack!" Kaplan launched itself once more towards the Cactus Pokemon, eager to end the match.

"Dodge it with Ingrain!" Thorne slammed both of his arms to the ground, creating vines to push himself upwards and dodge the Wing Attack.

"You left yourself wide open, Icy Wind!" Wingull turned his back and sent another wave of freezing breeze towards the Cactus Pokemon who was stuck midair due to Ingrain.

"Pin Missile!" Alice did a last-ditch effort to retaliate but it was deflected by the chilling winds and with the Cactus Pokemon getting hit by the third super-effective move, it finally fainted.

"I guess I'm ahead right now." Arthur giggled, even if this battle is far from over the fact that he gained the high ground against the powerful Alice was something to be happy of.

"Oh don't celebrate too early, this is far from over." Alice grabbed another Pokeball to throw at the battlefield.

"Don't worry, it'll end faster than you think." Arthur grinned, confident at his chance to lower the deficit between his and Alice's winning record.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Momoka Kuchiki & Kira Wolf & Riley Blackwood

Entry 4-6: Akurani City\Day 3/ {Evening}

The Miraculous Plan and Alarms?!

"Are you sure this will work?" Momo adjusted the collar of her shirt, fidgeting uncomfortably. She wore an orange and blue dress shirt tucked into a high-waist black leather skirt stopping mid-tights and black boots, on her head as a black sun hat. "And this skirt feels uncomfortable…"

"No one forced ya to come, ya know…" Riley replied, watching as Momo uncomfortably fiddled with her outfit. "This is the best way to go track down that gym lady anyways, so if you're in on helpin', just tough it out for now."

Riley tried her best to mask her own feelings on the matter, but even the most oblivious of souls could see wasn't fairing much better. Taking the Galarian clothes shopping had been a very trying experience for Momo and Kira, with the girl practically dragging her heels the entire time. Eventually, mostly via Kira's own force, they had managed to get Riley to settle on an outfit. A tight fitting, black leather skirt adorned her hips with a leather, baby blue crop top over her chest. The only part she didn't agree with was her footwear.

A pair black, stiletto-heeled sandals were strapped onto the girl's feet. Riley tried her best to hide how awkward the shoes made her feel, but it was almost impossible thanks to her constantly wobbling balance whenever she walked. Kira had seemed to get a cheap laugh out of Riley's misery, one that earned her several scowls from the white-haired teen over the course of the evening.

"What the bloody hell is takin' Kira so long?!" Riley snapped. The girl walked forward a bit in an attempt to get a better view of just what the third member of the motley crew was up to, but as expected by this point she almost stumbled over in the process. "Damn heels!"

The trainer just barely caught her balance,but a faint snicker was still heard. A sharp glare was cast towards Riley's Grookey. The chimp had a very toothy grin, clearly he was taking some sort of delight in the girl's misery.

"Shut it, banana-breath…" Riley muttered.

"If it makes you feel better, we can go and get you some different footwear that's still fancy and has no heels." offered Momo, turning towards Riley, a bead of seat rolling down when she noticed the girl's partner snickering.

Yip! Polly popped up from behind Momo, wearing a pink ribbon similar to Sylveon's on her right ear, the two strands of ribbon about an inch each and flapping around the puppy pokemon. She smelled the chimp pokemon and immediately bounded over, jumping on said pokemon while yapping happily.

"Polly, calm down! I'm sorry about her Riley!" chided Momo, aiming the apology at the white haired trainer.

Riley waved off the girl's concerns. "Ain't got the time to worry 'bout that. I'll just have to deal…" She paused, turning her focus back towards the club. "Alright, where the bloody hell is Kira? I thought she 'had this…'"

"Geez, Impatient aren't ya? Did you not see the line?" Kira mocked; her arms folded across her chest as she approached the other two girls. Of the three girls she seemed to be the one most comfortable with her new outfit, sporting a rather modest, emerald green dress along with a pair of shorter white heels. To her side she also carried a white handbag, tonight's replacement for her usual jacket pockets.

"As far as 'having this' went though… Here, take a look." She began, pulling a broken plastic card from her handbag before flinging a half at Riley. "Apparently bouncer's take carding way more seriously than firework salesmen. He took one look at it, told me 'There's no way this is real' and snapped it. Somethin' about my birthday not matching the number or something."

"With one look? They're that observant, it's going to be harder than we thought…" commented Momo when she saw the two halves of the card. They're going to need a very good plan if they want to get past the observant bouncer, but what can deceive one such as observant? How are we going to get through the front?

"Well… We aren't, at least not unless you're hiding an ID card as well. Even then the bouncer will recognize me." Kira said flatly, flipping half her broken id card between her fingers. "We'll need to find another way in, perhaps a back door or a window. Somewhere where we won't be seen."

"Won't be seen… maybe the back door?" Momo inquired, looking at the building. If they went through the window, it would take awhile getting in and out, making their escape difficult. She held Polly, managing to pull the pup from her play fight against the monkey pokemon.

"Assuming they have one. Might as well go check though, no point just hanging out here." Kira said before turning to Riley "You mind sticking around here and keeping a look out up front? It'd suck if we managed to get in only for her to go out the front while looking."

"You don't think I wanna…" Riley began before pausing as she wobbled in her heels. "Actually fine, go. Whatever gets me out of these bloody things sooner." She grumbled in frustration.

"Perfect! We'll be back here before ya know it!" Kira promised before turning towards the nearby alley way. "Alright Momo, lets go!" She said, waving her along as she headed forward.

"C-Coming!" Momo walked a few steps towards Kira before stopping and looking back at Riley. Will she be alright? Momo shook her head from the thought and fast-walked, hoping to catch up to the other teen, who was already heading to the back of the building.

Only the bright neon lights of the main city street managed to light the gloomy alleyway. Dark corners formed by old boxes and a generous amount of litter scattered across the ground. The rabble from the crowd from outside and the faint, muffled music from inside the club was all that could be heard.

"A-Alright, there should be something for us back here…" Kira said out loud, the dark setting getting to her nerves somewhat. "You okay back there Momo?"

"Y-Yeah! Perfectly fine!" assured Momo as she followed, looking around. Thankfully, she returned Polly to her pokeball before she could run off, but without a pokemon at her side, she could feel herself getting goosebumps. "Are we almost there?" She didn't like this place, it gave her an eerie vibe, the darkness wasn't making it any better.

"Yeah, looks like it's just over here." Kira said as she turned a corner. A bit further down was a lonely door with a single cloudy light above it, the door did not appear to have a handle.

"Well, that complicates things a bit..." Kira said with an annoyed groan. "Could you find something to help pry this open with?" She asked back at Momo as she began examining the door.

"Sure" Immediately, Momo looked at her surroundings, hoping to find something useful. She walked over to a pair of trash cans and looks around, ignoring the smell the best she could.

She couldn't find anything sadly, so she turned, but her leg bumped into a box nearby. She quickly jumped back in shock as the box tipped over, different kinds of tools falling out.

"A tool box?" She was confused on why there was one here, but her eyes saw a certain tool and brightened, "Perfect!"

Momo grabbed the tool and walked to Kira's side, "I think I found something!"

Kira gave Momo a blank stare as she presented the screwdriver. "Where the heck did you find… Nevermind, just pry that in between the door and the frame and push." Kira explained as she pulled out her broken ID card.

"The door doesn't seem to be locked so it should pop open after shiving the latch. Careful you don't get your finger's caught." Kira explained. Taking half the card, she inserted it into the gap of the door frame and fished for the latch of the door.

Momo did as Kira said and held the handle with both hands, opening a door like this might make a lot of noise.

"Ready!"

"Alright, Just give me a sec here. It's a bit tricky with only half a card here." Kira said with a hint of frustration in her tone.

"Just about got it… Just a bit further then…" She mumbled to herself before pushing down on the card, an audible click from the door's latch being heard as she did so. And, as the door creaked open…

"SKREEEEEEEEE" screamed an alarm as the door left the frame, causing Kira's heart to nearly leap out of her chest.

Oh no, this door was connected to a fire alarm! Momo tensed, looking at Kira with wide eyes. "K-Kira, we gotta move-" The teen was cut off when she heard a sound she wasn't expecting. She wiped her head to the side and saw Pidge was flying beside her, looking around. Why now of all times?!

"R-Right… Yeah." Kira stammered out, still recovering from the near heart attack she just had. "Hurry, down the alleyway!" She said before taking her own advice, moving as fast as she could manage without twisting an ankle in her heels.

Momo grabbed Pidge from the air and swiftly followed, but at a slower pace, she wasn't used to heels and running in them wasn't ideal. She noticed the distance between her and Kira was getting longer, and she needed to shorten that, but there was only one way.

"Pidge, stay here buddy." Momo placed Pidge on her shoulder before stopping briefly, taking off her heels. She grabbed the pair in one hand and ran again, slowly catching up with Kira.

Kira kept up with her brisk pace as she went right by the alley they entered form, instead taking one several buildings further down figuring it'd look less suspicious. As she turned the corner, Kira gave a quick look behind herself to be sure Momo was keeping up before continuing down the corridor.

"Kira, where are we going?" Momo looked ahead of her towards the (slightly) taller girl, holding Pidge in her arms. "What about Riley? We need to go back and check on her!" The alarm was very loud, no doubt the white haired girl also heard it, but her actions afterwards worried her.

"We're just going one further, we can't be seen coming out of the alley too close to the club!" She called back, nearly tripping over some loose rubble while she was distracted. Suddenly as they approached the end of the alley Kira slowed down, waiting up for Momo. "Rylie will be fine, at least assuming she didn't get into her own trouble. From here we need to walk out and pretend like we're just curious spectators, got it?"

"A-Alright, but we have to fix our clothes after that run." Speaking of clothes, she looked down and noticed that her clothes were a bit rustled. Quickly, she straightened her skirt and patted off any dust, "They'll be looking for anyone who's out of place."

As she walked Kira self consciously dusted off her own dress after noticing a bit of dirt from the back door. "I-It shouldn't matter too much. We're only gonna stick around for long enough to see if Deidre leaves and then we're out of here. They shouldn't have any reason to suspect us." Kira said in a hushed tone as they left the alley way.

About a hundred feet down the road a crowd is forming around the club, the fire alarm while faint could still be heard blaring as confused looking people were funneling out of the building slowly. Some joining the crowd outside, others heading further down the road abandoning their night out.

Momo stopped a bit away from the crowd and glanced down at Pidge. "Can you scope for someone?" The tiny bird pokemon nodded and his trainer explained the appearance of Deidre, from when they last saw her. She opened her arms and let the bird fly away, watching as he soared over the growing crowd.

"What do we do if Deidre isn't there? We might have time to check out the other clubs…"

"I don't have another ID card, there's no way I could get in anywhere. Not only that, it'd look suspicious if every club in the city's fire alarm went off tonight." Kira explained in a hushed tone. "I think the best we can do is keep an eye out and pray she's here."

Momo accepted Kira's explanation and looked over, hoping that the gym leader was here. Sadly, there wasn't any appearance of said person anywhere. Did they get the wrong bar?

Coo! Momo glanced upward and saw Pidge soaring towards them, landing on her shoulder seconds later. "Did you find her boy?" The tiny bird shook his head, leaving the girl to sigh. "Thought so. Do you see her Kira?"

Kira shook her head "Well, I've found what I imagine my dad would have looked like 20 years ago, clothes and all, but not a single sign of her…"

"So she isn't here?" Momo inquired, watching as police and firefighters entered the scene. The firefighters entered the building to look for the 'fire' while the police asked the people questions. Luckily, the teens were far enough to not be questioned and close enough to be seen as just bystanders. "Should we leave? We could try the other bars tomorrow or ask someone about where Deidre is?"

"Yeah… we probably should. No sense sticking around." Kira resigned with a heavy sigh. "I can't believe we have to waste our time hunting her down just for a challenge…"

Spoiler:

Years
  • Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Akurnai City || Team:
    latest
    latest

Day: Four || Time: Morning

A Not So Sly Fox
    "Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzz!"

Kira gave an exhausted groan as her Holotch's alarm screeched across the room, its vibration causing it to dance in place on the wooden side table. Lazily she reached out and shut off her alarm, not exactly ready to get up however here she was.

Sitting up in her bed, she slowly tried to stretch herself awake, taking in the new morning as best as she can. Their expedition to the bar last night was a complete failure, they didn't see a single sign of Deidre as the bar and completely lost Riley after the alarm sounded. At least they weren't found out.

Kira for a moment pondered what to do next. She still needed to meet up with Jason later so she couldn't leave, even if she could she'd just be waiting at Vinylace city instead of here so there wasn't really a point in leaving early.

With a frustrated sigh Kira grabbed her Holotch from the side table and began looking through her notifications. The first one was a missed call, the contact may not be saved however she knew the number. "Dad must have given it to her… Not now mom." She muttered tiredly, swiping away the notification.

The next one was a notification from her class' group chat. Her eyes brightening up as she skimmed through the message. "No way… Did that stickler really have the same idea as we did?" she said out loud to herself as she read the good news "Deidre's gym will be open from 8am to 5pm"

Kira nearly leapt from her bed in excitement, holding her phone to her chest. "There's still a chance!" She loudly exclaimed, not caring at all if someone can hear her through the walls. "Azure and I have got this in the bag! I'll be there early as well; I want to be the first one in the class to beat her!"

As Kira came down from her emotional high though she began to ponder, would it be that easy? She isn't a gym leader for nothing, without at doubt Deidre would have more than one Pokémon and all Kira had was Azure…

Kira looked over at the bag containing Azure's ball, she's taken battles two vs one before and won however they were just wild Pokémon. There was that other one, a Zorua as the nurse called it, but should she trust it to fight?

Kira gave a bit of a sigh as she thought about that troublemaker. She originally planned on taking it to the police and telling them what happened however she didn't really want to risk the possibility of being held up by the police for a while. She knew firsthand how long things could take with them sometimes.

Digging through the bag she pulled out the mischief maker's ball and stared at it. She was in the Pokémon center so it couldn't escape easily if it tried to run. "I'll give her one chance…" Kira said to herself. Unceremoniously she let the Zorua out of her ball.

The black, foxlike Pokémon scrambled around the floor as she appeared, not entirely sure what's happening. Gathering her barring she looked around the unfamiliar room until locked gazes with Kira who was busy giving her a stern look. The foxlike Pokémon stepped back slowly, growling at Kira as she made distance.

"You caused me a lot of trouble, you know that right?" Kira said sternly, not taking aback at the small Pokémon's attempt at intimidation. With her arms crossed Kira stepped forward closer, not letting the Pokémon create any distance between them.

The foxlike Pokémon gave a bit of a yelp as she bumped into the wall behind her, literally being cornered by the trainer in front of her. With nowhere else to go she crouched closed to the ground, bracing herself as she looked up at Kira with a fearful expression.

Kira stern look shifted as the Pokémon trembled. "Was… she scared of her?" she began to think as she looked down at the Foxlike Pokémon. Taking a step back to give her a little room, Kira kneeled down and took a closer look at the poor little thing who in return began to whimper softly.

"H-Hey, it's alright. I won't kick you again." Kira said, trying to console the Pokémon with little effect. She gave a bit of a conceded sigh, almost wishing she lashed out at her instead.

"Let me get you something to eat…"

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years

• Arthur Weissmann
    Pokemon at hand :
    374.png
    554.png
    278.png

Chapter 4 - 14
    Miscalculation

"Let's go, Hayden!" Alice called her Zangoose to enter the battlefield as her second Pokemon.

So she caught herself a Zangoose, eh? It looks pretty formidable… Arthur smacked his lips at the sight of Hayden, he had to plan carefully or his plan he meticulously prepared would go up in smoke.

"Smash him, Hayden! Crush Claw!"

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" Kaplan barely dodged Hayden's red-glowing claw.

"Grr… This isn't good…" Arthur muttered while gritting his teeth, he knew well that Kaplan's frailty was the main issue in using him in battle. Against a Pokemon with terrifying power and speed like Zangoose, he had to tread carefully.

Unwilling to let up the pressure, Alice immediately ordered her Zangoose to strike once more "Hayden, use Quick Attack!"

"Keep your distance, Water Gun!" Kaplan spouted a powerful stream of water to deter the advancing Hayden, however much to his and his trainer's surprise the Cat Ferret Pokemon chose to ignore the pain and power through the water.

"Crush Claw!"

Hayden swung his claw once more, this time Kaplan had no chance to evade it. The attack caused Kaplan to spun wildly before crashing to the sand, creating a huge dust cloud of sand at its wake.

"I told you, didn't I? You're not the only one getting stronger." Alice smiled at her wryly smiling friend.

"Fine, I admit it you got even stronger than before, Alice…" Said Arthur while rubbing the back of his head, which was met by elated giggling from Alice.

"But you're totally mistaken if you think you can easily beat me… Let's retaliate, Kaplan!"

Arthur thought of doing the same strategy he did against Matthew, it lacked the surprise factor since Alice was there when he fought the hiker but still decreasing the Cat Ferret Pokemon's speed would go a long way in ensuring his victory, just as he was wrapping up his thoughts, he could feel that something was not right on the field.

"Wait, Kaplan?" Arthur shook his head as Kaplan hadn't come out from the dust cloud yet, it couldn't be…

But just as Arthur fear, the reality was grim. The dust was slowly cleared revealing Kaplan, laid out unconscious inside the sand crater.

"Yay, now it's even!" Alice smiled at the sight as she was closer to grasp another victory from her former classmate.

Contrary to the joyful sight, Arthur unwrapped a sour candy while showing a grim expression. Are you kidding me!? One hit!? Gah, all of that strategizing goes down the drain… What am I supposed to do now? Not to mention she still has that Pokemon with her…

"Are you giving up? I'll gladly end this if you want to." Alice teased the poor man.

"Fine, I give up." Arthur sighed.

"Haha, I kno... Eh? What!? Are you serious!?" Alice turned wide-eyed as she saw her rival immediately threw in the towel, she thought the knockout would throw a wrench to Arthur's plan, but not this bad.

"You actually believed that? I'm obviously joking."

"Geez, I couldn't believe I actually fell for that… I'll guess I'll pull no punches from now on."

Arthur rolled his eyes at the ridiculous claim Alice made. "Like you even tried to hold back in the first place." Hmm… This doesn't look good… But it's not like I have a lot of choices to pick from anyway. So, I guess this is the best move I can do right now.

"I guess, it's time for you to shine, Pal… I choose you!" Arthur threw another Pokeball towards the field, all in hopes that he could defeat Hayden before the situation turned even more south than he could handle.

Spoiler:

Back