• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Recent issues and changes hamper the GO experience - but soon that may not even matter

Recent issues and changes hamper the GO experience – but soon that may not even matter

Recent issues and changes hamper the GO experience – but soon that may not even matter

From pausing the Battle League due to cheaters, false violation strikes, and Wayfarer rating issues, the biggest threat to many players is the move away from 32-bit Android devices. A lot of the go…

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Mix of news and opinions, this one. There's a lot of recent issues with GO atm sadly, some very recent.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • *sigh* time to get a new phone. I stopped playing because of COVID, but if they really are killing support for 32-bit phones, I won't be able to play at all in the coming months. =/

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • It's unbelievable that Niantic haven't prevented the duplicate username issue, now they look like a group of amateurs when it comes to database management.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2020
    Loosing 32bit means loosing players like my 2 10yr olds, who love to play pogo with me on old devices. Niantic obviously thinks every player has the latest ios or samsung phone. To get 2 new entry level 64 bit phones for them just to play pogo on is in the $800- $1000 AUD ballpark........not happening.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I recently got a new phone, but it only cost me $300 and is 64-bit, there are some good cheap ones out there

The username thing is what would happen to an inexperienced company, not to one as big as Niantic :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pointing out that since this article went live, bans got reversed, and they announced that the dropping of support to 32-bit phones is delayed to a TBD date. So some improvements at least.

Back