• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Tags

Bay

Years
  • When I first post in AO3, I don't use the additional tags, just mostly the characters and relationship(s) and hope people will check out the story through its summary. Later on I learn additional tags are important so I try my best to tag what is appropriate. Still, tagging for me is much harder than writing summaries because I don't tend to use the usual fanfic tropes in my writings.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I use tags mostly to cover the broad strokes of the work: stuff like genre, kinds of relationships, rating, presence of canon characters, fakémon vs no fakémon, that kind of stuff. Other than that I mostly tag the characters and their species, for people who want to read specifically works about Nidorans (they're cute aren't they) and, for the one time I had to do it, CW about stuff like major character death.

But I don't do any of the "tumblrina" style tags such as "conversation in the tags" and the like.

Years
  • I don't really outside of sticking genre tags on my books when they publish. I mostly only do other writing here on PC which doesn't have a tag function like that.

Back