• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The S

The Reverend
Years
I got an effing weird glitch.

A few months after I obtained Pokemon Silver (which I bought the Christmas following its release), I bred my Scizor (Samurai - Male) and Butterfree (Bugular - Female) together. When the egg hatched, I got a Shining Scyther. Okay, the Shining part kind of threw me at first, because I had heard of the Shining Pokemon's rarity (I have acquired a few since then, but whatever). But I later was told that when a male and female Pokemon breed, the baby ends up being the same type as the mother's base form. So, the baby should have been a Caterpie, correct?

Electabuzz_Girl

100% Americian gurl
Years
I always that boy in lavender town was kinda suspecious when he asks you "Do you belive in ghosts"? and you either have to say yes or no I'm probably wrong but could that possibly be a way to find some other sort of glitch??

icycatelf

Alex
Years
When you go to Cerulean city, go above nugget bridge, left, to the grassy area. Before you battle the guy there, he will say "I saw your feat from the grass" feat should be feet.
Another is when you go to Cennibar Lab, trade the old man in the waiting room a Raichu for his Electrode, leave and come back in. Talk to him again and he will say: "The Raichu you traded me, went and evolved!" Raichu doesn't evolve..... officially, though I have heard of Pikablu which I have gotton before on my Red Version.
I've also ran into a Missingno. in the form of Prof. Oak, but when I caught it it said: "Ditto was caught" and then the game froze.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Ppl make mistakes (not u, the site). So its all good. If he DOES say feet however, it would confirm my theory that japanese ppl are wierd (in a good way). I mean, whats so interesting about my feet huh? :D

Antoshi

Imagination Station
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 11, 2023
No, it should definetely be "feat", since it's after you beat the 5 Trainers on the bridge and then the Rocket at the end, and that would be considered a "feat". :\

AnzRayquazaX

ooh..is me a banana?
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2005
KougaWolf said:
officially, though I have heard of Pikablu which I have gotton before on my Red Version.
WHAT?! How is that possible? I thought Pikablu couldn't be captured in Red version....

Meow Kitty

The Tiger's Passion
Years
I don't know if it really works, but I've heard that if you faint one of your pokemon then go to the pokemon center and deposit all of your pokemon except the fainted pokemon, then walk to the link cable place. Have a friend and battle with only your fainted pokemon and your opponet will see that you have Missingno. I highly doubt it works, though...

Years
I read that some people wanted to know what Glitch City looks like, so I found a few pics from Yellow

yellow_03.png

yellow_04.png

yellow_05.png

Amoblaz

Quester
Years
also here is another glinch, or maybe i should say cheat, because it doesnt mess up your game.
For this cheat you need Gold or Silver or Crystal and Red or blue or yellow.

First catch the Red Gyarados in Gold.
then you got it trade it to the red version.
Now put gyarados in top of your party and find a wild ditto somewhere, while battling it make sure ditto uses transform, afther ditto transformed in gyarados catch it.
Now trade it back to gold, and you will now have a blue ditto (shiny)
it worked i tried it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back