• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

?H?ϧ

Lugia Ownz!
Years
I know a cool glitch that is for fun! It is real and it won't wreck your game! You have to have a gameshark for GAMEBOY! It only wors for Red/Blue!

1. Turn on a code to catch any Pokemon that you want! (Mewtwo, Mew, Bulbasaur, etc.)

2.Then with the codes on, do the missingno. glutch!

3. When you encounter a Missingno. it will be the Pokemon that you wanted to catch,except on a higher level and it will be messed up!

Name example: If you chose Bulbasaur, Name will be BBBBBBBBBB If Mewtwo, name will be: MMMMMMMMMM, etc, etc, ect.
When your get into a battle againts a tariner, you will be battling a trainer. So a trainer will attack you and then the Pokemon!!

I'm realley serious!!! Try it works for me and it is really funny!!!!

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
Link Battle Glitch

Ok, about 4 years ago, my brother Karl and I were link-battling on Yellow, and then I guess dust got in it or something and suddenly lik, a Parasect named like PPPXXZZZ was there at like level 0 or like 129124!! We lost total control of the battle and they used moves like 'Sky Uppercut' and stuff. We were younger and we didn't know how it could affect our games and we just cracked up at the sight of weird pokemon battling other pokemon, so we did it again and again and again until our games totally crashed.

seraphim

Seraphim
Years
Tormentedsoul14 said:
The Glitch city doesnt work for me it wont let me fly out of the safari zone. Can someone Help?
ok, here's what you do...get into the safari zone. go out, the guy will ask if u wanna leave. say no. save the game, reset. load it, then go out again. the guy should then ask if you want to enter the safari zone (even though you just came out of it). say no. you will be able to exit into fushia city. then, fly to cinnibar island and surf up and down the coast for about 5-10 minutes. you will eventually hear a ding-dong, and be sent to glitch city. the only way to leave is to fly out, so be sure to have a pokemon with fly.

KaeL

Nooblet
Years
MissingNo. Is a glitch. So, of course it isnt in Fr/Lg, because it was a glitch and nintindo fixed it. If uve noticed, There have been less and less glitches in each newer pokemon.

Legendary MasterX

Dracogriff
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 5, 2005
1. Train a Pokemon so it's Special stat is equal to 191.

2. Walk up to the Gambler (this will not work if you already battled him),

but Fly away before he sees you. A ! should come up over his head if done correctly.

3. Find another trainer and battle him (Make sure he walks up to you).

4. Find a wild Ditto and force it to Transform into the Pokemon with the Special of 191.

5. Go back to Lavender Town and walk towards the opening to the west.

The menu should come up. Close it and you'll find an A at lv. 7.

Note: These kinds of Pokemon require you to catch them twice, as if you see its Dex entry, it will turn into a Rhydon.

HanaTanaka

Former Pokemon master
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2005
Uh I skipped the rest of the posts but I caught a lv. 162 Bulbsaur and a lv. 184 Charmander through the MissingNo glitch, raised 'em to 163-185, then raised them back to normal pokemon at lv. 100 by making them partipicate in a battle. When all were done, I tried to put my Venusaur in the PC and suddenly small pokeballs symbols started showing up and in the middle where it had no pokeball symbols, was the words "Tr/ade poketrainer"

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2005
i agree with all the ones already said, ive tried them all and they all work. i have one that worked in my gold version: cut a tree down, go where it was, save, then turn the game off and on. select continue. catch a ditto. you have to catch it, it cant already be in your team or box. okay, put ditto in front, and find a pokemon (i suggest a one of a kind, like a legendary or a sudowoodo or something.) use transform, then rearrange your moves. win, even if you have to switch to a stronger pokemon. after the battle, save and turn off and on. your ditto should be the pokemon you just caught.

deoxts

your mom went to college
Years
mew and celebi glitch happens when you have mew spelled out in unknown spelled out in your party and swim in lake rage or spell celebi in your party and go to a shrine in a fortest and you stand or walk around it and you will find him and thats what i have heard

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
QUOTE: mew and celebi glitch happens when you have mew spelled out in unknown spelled out in your party and swim in lake rage or spell celebi in your party and go to a shrine in a fortest and you stand or walk around it and you will find him and thats what i have heard :UNQUOTE

That won't work...But just to be safe... (checks)

Last edited:

O

Your Mom
Years
I dunno, but this works on my blue version.
1. Put your bike in your PC.
2. Fly to Celadon city and head to the bike road
3. The man will stop you. Keep holding the Left button and try to charge forward.
4. The man will keep trying to stop you
5. Keep going... How'd I get my bike?

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
Prerequisites:
Any Pokemon that knows SURF.

This bug allows you to SURF on any tile (irregardless of tile type or presence of any sprites occupying that spot) one square below your position provided you are adjacent to any water tile you can use SURF on. For example, if your position is represented by "@", land tiles by ".", walls/barriers by "#", and water tiles by "=", "_" marks the position you can SURF into:

=
=@=
_

Water tiles can be on any non-diagonal adjacent square, as indicated by the "="s in the above diagram.
To use this bug, begin by walking toward the water tile. In this example, the character is walking toward the right:

@......=
.......=

When your character is walking from the second-closest tile to the water tile:
.....@.=
.......=

...and is about to enter the closest tile:
......@=
.......=

...press and hold START. The menu should appear just as you reach the land tile. SAVE the game and reset (turn off and on) the Game Boy. CONTINUE your game. If performed correctly, your character should start out facing the direction you were walking (and not the standard down direction). (If not, repeat the above steps.) DO NOT MOVE. Use SURF. Your character should then SURF onto the tile south of your location:
.......=
......@=

Alternately, if there is no room to walk, hold down the direction of the water tile (in this example, up):
===
.@.
###

...and press START when your character's feet are not side-by-side (when he is taking a "step"). The rest of the instructions can then be followed.
Unfortunately, this bug cannot be used in reverse. You cannot begin while SURFing and wind up walking because the game is smart enough to disembark in the correct direction.

This appears to work only on Pokemon Red/Blue. Gold/Silver versions seem to be fixed, and Yellow/Crystal versions have not yet been tested.

Uses:

- Reboard the S.S. Anne!

Make your way to the dock, to the tile diagonally adjacent to the guard (represented by "t"):

==========
====......
====......
====..====
====@.====
==##.t##==
####..####
====..====
====..====

Walk one step to the right, holding START:
==========
===.......
===......t
===..=====
===.@=====
=##.t##===
###..#####
===..=====
===..=====

SAVE the game, reset, and CONTINUE. Use SURF. Your character will SURF through the guard:
===.......
===......t
===..=====
===..=====
=##.@##===
###..#####
===..=====
===..=====
===..=====

Press down to reach the dock area behind the guard. Welcome aboard!
(Another area where you can SURF through people: Cerulean Gym has a swimmer at the right side of the pool. No special preparation is needed there!)

You can use this opportunity to SURF to the corners of the S.S. Anne screen.

- Reach the land area next to BILL's house.

WARNING! It is strongly recommended that you bring a Pokemon that knows FLY or TELEPORT. If you SAVE after reaching that land area without one, you will have to faint off your Pokemon in order to escape! (You'll waste a good chunk of time and half your money, especially if you didn't bring any fishing RODs.)

Begin south of BILL's house, sandwiched at some point between the barriers and the pond:

....======
....======
####======
....======
##..@.....
##########
##========
##========
##========

Hold up, press START, and SAVE. Reset and CONTINUE - you should start facing up. Use SURF to move through the barrier:
....======
####======
....======
##........
####@#####
##========
##========
##========
##========

...and press down to reach the pond to the south. SURF around to the right and up. You will reach a small strip of land to leads up to BILL's house. Photo op!
Ih Yeah, And There's The One Where U Can Stand On A Bush.
First, go to a bush and cut it down. Stand in the area where the bush was and save. Turn the game off and back on, continue your game, and you will start out inside a bush.
Go into the Pok?mon Tower in Lavender Town without the Silph Scope and wander around until you run into a ghost. The game will tell you that the ghost couldn't be ID'd (what it normally says when you encounter a ghost without the Silph Scope). Now, select PKMN on the Battle Menu, but instead of switching Pok?mon, just look at one's stats, then cancel. Go back to the battle screen and you'll be able to see the ghost even though you don't have the Silph Scope! You won't be able to attack it, though.
one more glitch:
Go to cycling road from Celadon City and go the the left border with the trees behind the stone pillars. Go down the hill for about 1 second and go back up. The trees, up to behind the guy two spaces away from the border, will have turned into water! Go back down(or to the right and back left) and there will be trees again! Note: this only works between two points: the biker specified above and a pillar to the right, the last one before going futher right to border the lake.
Hope I Helped!

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Hey,does anyone here know said anything about the way to change the color of your character in Crystal? Just wanted to make sure so I didn't say anything redundant.

lillianlatiasqueen

The Water Lilly's Friend
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2005
I have a cool glitch that will NEVER mess up your game. Fly to Pallet Town. Talk to the girl that says something about raising pokemon so they'll protect her later. When she starts walking follow her. After a long time of following her, she'll be in your house!!! Also the Missingno. cheat works for Yellow.

Years
I don't know if this is really important enough to be here or not,
but one time my opponent got a critical hit and it did less damage
than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back