• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
But in the books not sure about anything else. When you set up the nerve gear you had to touch at certain places for joints. Whose to say somebody has completely off body proportions that make them look crazy and deformed.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
But in the books not sure about anything else. When you set up the nerve gear you had to touch at certain places for joints. Whose to say somebody has completely off body proportions that make them look crazy and deformed.

That might be but not in this RP.

I remember someone asking me if he could make a character that had avoided using the body mirror and didn't look like himself. I said that it wasn't possible. Then he asked if he could make Kayaba, I said that I couldn't let him do that because I and SD are the GM's and that he'd be taking over the RP.

Then he asked if he could be a GM as well and that I should ditch SD, my boyfriend. I got a bit pissed and said I wasn't going to do that. Then he asked if he could be the Co-GM of Youkai Academy, which I declined as well.

Why am I telling this? Just to let you guys know that I am not accepting everything even though it seems like I do sometimes c:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
That might be but not in this RP.

I remember someone asking me if he could make a character that had avoided using the body mirror and didn't look like himself. I said that it wasn't possible. Then he asked if he could make Kayaba, I said that I couldn't let him do that because I and SD are the GM's and that he'd be taking over the RP.

Then he asked if he could be a GM as well and that I should ditch SD, my boyfriend. I got a bit pissed and said I wasn't going to do that. Then he asked if he could be the Co-GM of Youkai Academy, which I declined as well.

Why am I telling this? Just to let you guys know that I am not accepting everything even though it seems like I do sometimes c:

That's actually pretty crazy. Can't really hate on people for being forward though.

Sapphire Rose

Years
That's actually pretty crazy. Can't really hate on people for being forward though.

This person was just trying to get control over a RP that wasn't his d: every question he made was either about GMing one of my RP's or making a terribly over-powered character that could take over the RP.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
This person was just trying to get control over a RP that wasn't his d: every question he made was either about GMing one of my RP's or making a terribly over-powered character that could take over the RP.
Yeah that was pretty obvious, but I can't help but admire how he went after his goals, even if they were petty and stupid goals chased after in a petty and stupid fashion. It might just be because I'm the beat around the bush type of guy, I can appreciate how good of a trait being straight forward is.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I guess some people still prefer the old days of tyranny, though RPC is definitely a democratic monarchical fiefdom.

On the note of the appearance and the Nervegear, I doubt that the game would let the player play if the body test hadn't been transformed, it's way to easy of a workaround and defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Go ahead and make a female character this doesn't count for Machomuu and Dusk!
Expect fifty separate sign-ups that are all in a female-only guild, plus about twenty random female NPCs? Alright? Cool.

Can I make Super-Kayaba? It's Kayaba with God mode, cheats, and GM powers both IC and OOC. Also, the powers span over all RPs and let me do/say whatever I want whenever. Also, infinite pictures and youtube links. And a crown. Gold with lots of sparkly gems. And a scepter. Same as the crown.

I expect all of this by sundown.

I guess some people still prefer the old days of tyranny, though RPC is definitely a democratic monarchical fiefdom.

On the note of the appearance and the Nervegear, I doubt that the game would let the player play if the body test hadn't been transformed, it's way to easy of a workaround and defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
Agreement on both these points.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Can I make Super-Kayaba? It's Kayaba with God mode, cheats, and GM powers both IC and OOC. Also, the powers span over all RPs and let me do/say whatever I want whenever. Also, infinite pictures and youtube links. And a crown. Gold with lots of sparkly gems. And a scepter. Same as the crown.

I expect all of this by sundown.

"And if you don't say no in the next two seconds then I'll take it I can do whatever.

EDIT: Okay thanks!"

With it being the internet and all, it's unlikely that anyone's going to get tyranny to work properly. If anyone has the right to be a tyrant, it's Pink - she's both GM and queen of this page.
(Yeah, the page monarchy is still a thing...) Despite the fact that there is a hierarchy, it's largely pretty irrelevant thanks to how chill everyone is here. Here's to chillness. And everyone. And here. And is.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Dusk- ... do I hear someone asking for a punch in the face? I pretty sure I heard it, you know... *prepares fist*

The answer is no, Baka.

True Epicness- I believe that being nice gets you further rather than being a tyrant c:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I believe that being nice gets you further rather than being a tyrant c:

It most certainly does. Although, it does help if people fear your wrath just a little bit ;)

@everybody guys people HELLO HOW ARE YOU

^_^ Hehe, what do you guys think'd happen if our characters met IRL after SAO blows over? Hypothetically - for now, at least - just as a thought. I don't know how realistic that'd be. I think it's an interesting concept, at least. Plus, Turnip would manage to fit in even less than he normally does (if that's even possible).

Sapphire Rose

Years
It most certainly does. Although, it does help if people fear your wrath just a little bit ;)

@everybody guys people HELLO HOW ARE YOU

^_^ Hehe, what do you guys think'd happen if our characters met IRL after SAO blows over? Hypothetically - for now, at least - just as a thought. I don't know how realistic that'd be. I think it's an interesting concept, at least. Plus, Turnip would manage to fit in even less than he normally does (if that's even possible).

According to ShinyDiamond and a friend I can be pretty scary when angry, just saying.

Also, I was thinking about having everyone being placed in the same hospital after SAO so that experts could've taken better control of their situations. It was stated that the NerveGear could go without energy for several hours due to having it's own accu/battery. Thanks to this they all could've been moved to the same hospital (considering airplanes might have energy forces for the NerveGear to charge if the travel takes too long)

I know this didn't happen in the anime nor the light novel but I think it's a good idea nonetheless.

Any objections? I feel Phoenix Wright puns coming...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
According to ShinyDiamond and a friend I can be pretty scary when angry, just saying.

Also, I was thinking about having everyone being placed in the same hospital after SAO so that experts could've taken better control of their situations. It was stated that the NerveGear could go without energy for several hours due to having it's own accu/battery. Thanks to this they all could've been moved to the same hospital (considering airplanes might have energy forces for the NerveGear to charge if the travel takes too long)

I know this didn't happen in the anime nor the light novel but I think it's a good idea nonetheless.

Any objections? I feel Phoenix Wright puns coming...
Well, since Sanctuary takes place in a universe where SAO was released worldwide rather than just Japan, so the number of players would be exponentially higher than that of the series. Putting them all in the same hospital would probably be impossible, and considering the fact that SAO has appeal beyond just gamers thanks to it being a breakthrough in technology, I can see the number of players is well above World of Warcraft levels (millions upon millions). The way I see it, players would be in hospital chains around the globe. There's really no need for experts since it's basically the same as treating a comatose patient.

But that's just the way I see it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hm...so it does. It makes sense, the nervegear would probably cost a pretty penny and it's all a matter of day one sales, though even with those factors you'd figure that sales would at least reach close to CoD day one sales, especially considering the substantial rate by which gaming is becoming more accessible and appealing to non-gamers.

Well I stand firm on the latter two points. Unless some sort of mega-hospital were built, there'd be no room for all of the players. There'd really be no need for them to all be at the same one, though, because they're basically coma patients and could really be treated as such at their local hospital, rather than being shipped off somewhere.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Yeah you're right. I thought it was a good idea but seems like it really isn't considering some factors.

This just means that I should leave SAO open a bit longer after ending the game so that the players get a chance to meet up for real despite the fact that some players live in other country's. Lucina and Lacy's parents would probably bring them to the U.S because in the Netherlands you can't stay in the hospital for too long... weird, I know but it gets way too expensive after 6 months.

If you guys have any ideas on your own then please PM me.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
The IC day is over you guys! Finish up with whatever your characters are doing, then get to bed. Get ready for Christmas~

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

UutcQvq.png

Enrique Castillo // Enrique Lv. 10
Player Age 18, USA

Appearance:
Enrique has a fairly athletic, even muscular build, enjoying sports and sometimes going to the gym with friends. This puts his slightly tan self at 173 lbs while standing at 5'11". When it comes to his apparel, he often tends to switch outfits on a whim. The one he seems to have worn most often, though, is a short-sleeved dark blue shirt that looks like it belongs on a peasant and some simple light-brown pants. One item that he will tend to wear consistently is his blue and white jacket. In combat he will don a set of simple leather armor and a steel buckler. His weapon is a light stiletto which he is often tossing into the air and catching out of habit.

Since most of his stuff looks pretty cheap, his extravagant-looking jewelry is especially eye-catching. A dedicated craftsman (to the point that he abstains in buying new armor and weapons and sometimes even sells quest rewards in order to afford crafting materials), Enrique enjoys showing off what he jokingly refers to as his "bling". This consists of a pair of blue topaz earrings, a pair of silver rings, one with an embedded turquoise stone and the other with aquamarine, a silver necklace with a rhinestone-studded cross, and a pair of brass bracelets that while jewel-less are still quite shiny. While the bracelets are nothing special, all his other jewelry grants him small stat bonuses. Only his right ring, the aquamarine one, offers any particularly special effect, reducing Sword Art cooldown time by 5%.

Personality:
Enrique is a fairly simple person. If asked something he will give a straight, honest answer every time. He doesn't see the point in him hiding anything because he figures that he has nothing worth hiding, hence his in game name. His attitude towards a lot of things is very laid back, usually preferring to "go with the flow," as some would put it. The idea that you shouldn't make a big deal out of everything that doesn't sit well with you was one of the many nuggets of wisdom given to him by his older brother whom he respects greatly. In fact, most of his beliefs and ideas are actually adopted from his siblings.

This attitude doesn't mean that he won't put effort into the things he does. If he has to do something he'll still do it to the best of his ability, he just won't make a scene about not wanting to do it. Although when he does feel passionate about something he sometimes can't help but make a big deal of it, being caught up in the moment. However, he does consider playing video games to actually be more of a casual hobby.

Most of the time, Enrique is cheerful and fun-loving, always trying to stir up a good conversation or joke around. Ever since he began (for all intents and purposes) living alone, Enrique has begun to rely more on friends to keep his spirits high, sometimes a little too much. While he does his best to just shrug off feelings of negativity, he still isn't quite comfortable with being alone for extended periods of time. Naturally this causes a problem in the sort of world where death is significantly more common, but usually his desire for accompaniment actually exceeds the grief over the loss of a friend and he moves on to other people to befriend. This habit calls into question how "true" his friendships actually are.

History:
Born and raised in an unremarkable suburb in Virginia, Enrique has lived a peaceful and equally unremarkable existence. Born from a single mother who was forced to work both day and night, Enrique was pretty much raised by his older brother and older sister. His father had apparently deserted them just after Enrique was born because of various financial and marital problems, but since Enrique was to young to know having a father his absence really didn't bother him as much as it did his siblings.

In his youth, Enrique's life was quite simple. He would go to school, perform averagely and talk with friends, go home, and play either a sport or a video game with either his friends or his siblings. The only real deviation to this everyday sequence was watching TV or a movie, again with his siblings. As time passed, his brother and sister grew older, spending progressively less time with him. Some of his original childhood friends stayed while others left, new friends replacing them. Which is to say, his life went on normally.

Eventually both of Enrique's siblings moved out, leaving him to spend his time at home alone most of the time. He got a job at a fast food restaurant and used the money he earned there to go out more, finding the environment inside the empty house lonely and even depressing. More of his time was spent with his friends who likewise had their own sources of income for the most part. They would go to restaurants or to the movies, and when one group of his friends was busy he went to other friends.

School, work, and friends became the new routine for his life, one that would continue until one fateful day. A week prior he had entered himself into a contest hosted by a local mall to win a brand new NerveGear and much to his surprise (because he was under the impression that nobody actually won those sorts of things) he won! Having heard good things, he saved up to by Sword Art Online when it came out and he instantly judged it to be the coolest thing ever.

Then Kayaba announced that SAO was a death game. Initially, Enrique had the expected reaction of horror and shock, but he quickly began to doubt the truth in it all. "Trapped in a video game? That can't be real, it sounds like it was pulled straight out of an anime or something!" he would say. However, as the first month went on, he began to realize that it was in fact real. Fortunately, by then he'd gotten used to the game and was more easily able to cope with the situation. While deep down he still hopes that none of it is real, he understands that he's going to be here a long time. Thus, Enrique has resigned himself to the fate afforded by SAO and has decided to try and just have fun with it.

Skills:
  • Crafting
  • Searching
  • Emergency Recovery
  • One-Handed Dagger

Sword Arts:
  • Sting: Enrique pulls his dagger back and it glows yellow for a moment before his hand quickly shoots forward. The blade stabs the opponent once and pulls back at a speed almost invisible to the eye. This Art does low damage and in turn has a very low cooldown period.
  • Shuffle: Enrique tosses his dagger up a short distance and catches it in which time it glows bright green. Afterwards, he gains the ability to instantly switch the position of the items in each hand to the other hand and back again for 30 seconds. Is often used alongside Sting to confuse opponents.

<<Link Start>>

Sapphire Rose

Years
Geras32- Your new character is accepted. It's unusual to see a character that hasn't powerful sword arts c: I'm excited to see what you're going to make from him.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Dusk- ... do I hear someone asking for a punch in the face? I pretty sure I heard it, you know... *prepares fist*

The answer is no, Baka.

True Epicness- I believe that being nice gets you further rather than being a tyrant c:
s'Okay, Oberon makes a better tyrant anyway.
King_Oberon's_Evil_Laugh.jpg

I think Ashley would scare them off with nightmarish monotone, and Hono would bring them back with swooning. (Insert joke about legal age in Japan being younger than it is in America)

Yeah you're right. I thought it was a good idea but seems like it really isn't considering some factors.

This just means that I should leave SAO open a bit longer after ending the game so that the players get a chance to meet up for real despite the fact that some players live in other country's. Lucina and Lacy's parents would probably bring them to the U.S because in the Netherlands you can't stay in the hospital for too long... weird, I know but it gets way too expensive after 6 months.

If you guys have any ideas on your own then please PM me.
Oh, I already had plans for post-game. getting to enact them... This is okay with me.

The IC day is over you guys! Finish up with whatever your characters are doing, then get to bed. Get ready for Christmas~
But I'm not tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired!! I don't wanna go to bed yet!

Hono got a fastpass with her alpha-NerveGear, though at what cost!?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
You know, I've seen more foolishness in this thread than in any other thread...It make s'me happy to be a part of it, you know?

I think I agree with TE's idea about post-game interaction. I think it would be interesting to see how Taka/Jirudo irritates everybody with his loud voice and ever-ridiculous poeticness. Erik will kinda just be there, however.

Back