• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Love For This Gen

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2017
    I'm not gonna write a novel about it or anything, but dear God, I love this generation of Pokemon. The region is the most rich with content, the team is fantastic, and oh lord I love this generation. Sorry just wanted to make an appreciation post for this generation.

Reactions: noa
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure this qualifies to have the 'journal' tag but this sure is a great generation!

Years
  • I love the Fourth Generation too! I wait for the remakes with hopefully, because this generation was very relevant in my childhood! :D Do you await the remakes too?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love Sinnoh too! I didn't know much about it until I recently started playing Platinum.

I'll remove the Journal prefix though, since this isn't a journal haha.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Diamond and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time were my first DS games. And boy, am I glad that I had them. Every fourth gen game was pretty close to a masterpiece imo.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There were two Battle Frontiers (although the same one) in this generation. Automatic winner.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I absolutely agree! This game is so special to me. I think a big part of it for me is the soundtrack and the sprite work. I think it's some of the best in all of Pokemon. Now I want to replay Diamond even though I'm busy shiny hunting in Heartgold ;o;

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    They really aren't among my favorites, though I do understand the love for them. Honestly I may have just been bummed that they were hyped for SO long and some of the early rumors about the game that I had heard, which honestly I shouldn't have believed, ended up being too good to be true.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Diamond & Pearl added some revolutionary features into the franchise and I'd definitely put fourth gen as my favourites so far! So many great characters, features, and Pokemon introduced along with these games.

Back