• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
  • He's even considered derpy by the Pokécommunity itself!

mudkip-derp.png

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Pignite! haha, I love that... now I'm wishing Tepig's line was named after dynamite instead. "The explosive pig pokemon". xD haha ~

Mudkip got some votes! 8D Nobody likes Torchic it seems though. xD;

I'm sick of the fire/fighting thing too... what I would really enjoy is a fire/dark starter one day. Or fire/ghost. :3 They need to try something way different.

Out of all fire type Pokemon, Torchic and Tepig are two Pokemon that I don't like. I mainly like Blaziken but I'm glad that Mudkip is getting votes at least. "So I heard you liek Mudkipz"

Having a fire/Dark starter would be nice but I would love to have a fire/steel or something different besides Fire/fighting.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • A lot of my friends say that Enbuoh looks like Ganon but I can actually see him as a Fire/Dark.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I remember when people first saw it, they started thinking it'll be fire/dark, but of course, we know Pokemon, they won't make starters a lot stronger than they already are. In which case, Snivy would have had to be psychic or something, with Oshawott being fighting. Latter works well, but former... Snivy doesn't match psychic, and nor does its evolutions. :(

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't mind Torchic; Chimchar and Tepig are probably my least favorite fire starters, mostly just because of my vanity again and their design. If Enbuoh had been half dark, I totally would have considered choosing Tepig, I love dark types. Now that I look at him, he does sort of resemble Ganon, which is quite amusing. xD;

In all seriousness though, hope one day they have a game with something other than the fire/water/grass starter options. With so many other types, I think it would be cool to try something different...

tkallab

Years
  • Nah, we have spin-off games for that. Pokémon should stay true to the original starter pattern.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I enjoy mixing things up, though. I get bored of the same scheme over and over rather easily. I understand classic, but I like excitement every once in awhile. Plus I don't play the spin-off games, they're never as good. :/ It's all just opinion though.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Hi Forever, can I join please?

★ Which is your favourite starter and why?
    Jalorda because it is really big and majestic and reminds me of my favourite mythology creature, the Medusa. And it is a grass type, my favourite pokemon type. Jalorda has recently replaced Venasaur as my favourite.

★ If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

Treeko, because... I just have never liked it. It is ugly and really smug, and has been owned by Snivy recently. I don't like its evolutions either. I would never miss Treeko and co.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Yeah I remember when people first saw it, they started thinking it'll be fire/dark, but of course, we know Pokemon, they won't make starters a lot stronger than they already are. In which case, Snivy would have had to be psychic or something, with Oshawott being fighting. Latter works well, but former... Snivy doesn't match psychic, and nor does its evolutions. :(

Well, IMO, theese are the typeings of the final starters evos:
    Jalorda
    497Jalorda.png

This is definetly Grass/Dragon!

Enbouh
    500Enbuoh.png

Fire/Fighting (not that I'm happy with it, but it does look like that!)
    Fire/Dark - more original

Daikenki
    503Daikenki.png

Water/Ice since it's based on a sea lion (no way is that a sea otter)
    Water/Fighting makes kinda sence cause of the armor and that blade shell...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well, since we're discussing it:
    (You guys can make topics whenever you want too, haha).

If you could change the typings for the final evolutions of any of the starters, which Pokemon would you change the typings of?

For me, I'd say defs make Charizard a dragon and Daikenki a fighting type, because everything about its evolution line hints its a fighting type. :3

Hi Forever, can I join please?

★ Which is your favourite starter and why?
    Jalorda because it is really big and majestic and reminds me of my favourite mythology creature, the Medusa. And it is a grass type, my favourite pokemon type. Jalorda has recently replaced Venasaur as my favourite.

★ If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

Treeko, because... I just have never liked it. It is ugly and really smug, and has been owned by Snivy recently. I don't like its evolutions either. I would never miss Treeko and co.

Added!~

tkallab

Years
  • Draggy, you're going as far as calling obvious snakes Dragons? Gee, I'll add Arbok and Seviper too, then.

On topic, Daikenki as a Water / Fighting type would be awesome and logical, because the family's based on samurai.
    I already spoke my opinion about Enbuoh.
    And as opposed to many others, I think Charizard should keep his typing. Yes, he is obviously a Dragon, but giving him the type would make him ridiculously overpowered, even having a resistance to Blastoise.

To return on Jalorda being a Dragon (seriously Draggy?), he even has 'ja', snake, in its name.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I always thought of Charizard as a Dragon type instead of a Flying/Fire. Now having a water/fighting would be interesting and would have fit Daikenki. Sadly I can't think of any other starter Pokemon but Charizard, Daikenki, and Enbuoh being a different time.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

If you could change the typings for the final evolutions of any of the starters, which Pokemon would you change the typings of?
    Enbuoh - Fire/Dark. That's it for me, really.

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012

Sceptile to a Grass/Fighting

Also.....if we are allowed to make questions...

If you had to, which starter would you delete and replace it with what?

How's that?

I would Delete Chimchar and replace him with.....Slugma......add an extra evo there and boom....your done!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Yes, Thomas, Jalorda definetly looks like a kind of a dragon to me!
    So I suppose you think that Dragonair isn't a Dragon then?

I'd replace Chikorita's evo line with Victreebell's evo line!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • If you could change the typings for the final evolutions of any of the starters, which Pokemon would you change the typings of?

Jaroda-Grass/Dark

Enboah?-Fire/Dark

Feraligatr-Water/Dark

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Hey, um, i have nothing against this club and i love starters, but i don't have enough time to answer this club, would you mind taking me off of the member's list, thanks.
    on a starter note: i guess Tepig is my fav starter of almost all of them, i have been loyal to many of the fire starters.

Back