• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Phases

Years
  • So, it's been a while since I've really watched any anime... despite the fact I love it and I have an enormous backlog. Seems to me that I just get caught up with other things at the moment and never get around to watching what I want to watch.

But then other times I go on massive binges and go through like ten shows in a month. Anyone else go through weird cycles like this?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I typically am a summer-fall binger. During the winter and spring seasons I tend to pick out a few that I feel like keeping up with and then the other seasons I'll rush through my backlog and keep up with whatever sounds moderately interesting in the current summer-fall seasons. If I had more free time I'd totally just sit down the second I get off of work and binge an entire season of something (I actually did that a few days ago when I had 3 days off in a row - managed to get through GATE finally), but I'm also finding some interesting shows that aren't anime that I feel like catching up on as well, so maybe that wouldn't work out exactly as planned.

If the TV thats in our living room was able to get crunchyroll on it without having to plug in and boot up our xbone that we've used maybe twice since buying it, then I'd be able to get through a lot more of the currently airing and keep up with more shows at once instead of binging. But as it stands, I can only get crunchy on my phone or in my bedroom which I now only really go into for actual sleep.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Yup. Despite having a massive backlog, I rarely actually watch anime. When I have free time I'm usually in the mood to play a video game rather than watching a show. I've tried anime scheldules but I can't bring myself to actually follow them. Kudos to anyone who can watch stuff regularly.

Back