• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hi, I'm looking towards playing this hack since I finally finished Eternal X. But before I start it, I want to ask some questions I have.

Can I battle on Factory with online dudes with this hack on? If the answer is "no, you can't or isn't recommended" Can I turn off the patch so I can battle on Factory?

Mainly I'm interesed in see if I can battle through that factory with the patch activated, of course not to battle a normal PVP battle, nor anything like that.

And the other question is, rebalanced ultra moon is already fixed? Because I saw some post about bugs with intro text or market things. Is everything good? Or should I stick with Ultra Sun?

And btw, if you want my opinion you should release the Battle Tree update even with covers legendaries included. After all it's a single player hack, with a very focused single player experience, so it will be a choice of each one to use Keldeo or Mega Rayquaza lol. I don't think it would be a bad idea to include everything. In fact, promoting this it would be a good point to sell the hack a little more in my opinion

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
Okay so I'm at the Blush Mountain part and I was lowkey disappointed that Dedenne still has some bad abilities. I was kinda hoping at least the abilities would be different this time. Like maybe Competitive and Magician. I really want to use it but both Pickup and Cheek Pouch sucks and just makes me want to use Togedamaru because it has better stats and abilities.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I'm looking towards playing this hack since I finally finished Eternal X. But before I start it, I want to ask some questions I have.

Can I battle on Factory with online dudes with this hack on? If the answer is "no, you can't or isn't recommended" Can I turn off the patch so I can battle on Factory?

Mainly I'm interesed in see if I can battle through that factory with the patch activated, of course not to battle a normal PVP battle, nor anything like that.

And the other question is, rebalanced ultra moon is already fixed? Because I saw some post about bugs with intro text or market things. Is everything good? Or should I stick with Ultra Sun?

And btw, if you want my opinion you should release the Battle Tree update even with covers legendaries included. After all it's a single player hack, with a very focused single player experience, so it will be a choice of each one to use Keldeo or Mega Rayquaza lol. I don't think it would be a bad idea to include everything. In fact, promoting this it would be a good point to sell the hack a little more in my opinion
You definitely can battle through the factory with the patch enabled, whether or not you should is the issue. Chances are you'll be fine, as I don't think Nintendo has any way to detect the patch, but do so at your own risk.

I'm pretty sure I've fixed the intro text this time, but I seem to break it every other time I update the game, so it might still be broken. It's not a major issue though, and the shop problems should only be affecting people playing via citra (I still haven't tried it soI don't know how to fix the problem, it's not an issue with the game files).

Your stance on legendaries in the battle tree makes sense to me, think I'll go with that. It's not like you get to use them very often anyway.

Okay so I'm at the Blush Mountain part and I was lowkey disappointed that Dedenne still has some bad abilities. I was kinda hoping at least the abilities would be different this time. Like maybe Competitive and Magician. I really want to use it but both Pickup and Cheek Pouch sucks and just makes me want to use Togedamaru because it has better stats and abilities.
Yeah Dedenne definitely needs some more buffs, I'll see what I can do for it in the next update.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I was wondering, do you see yourself releasing a version with a less extreme level curve? I've actually been Nuzlocking Photonic Sun but even having added in Lucky Eggs and Roto Experience keeping up with the levels when I need to add a new team member is nearly impossible. I'm at Aether Paradise right now for what it's worth, I just beat Faba for the first time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
You definitely can battle through the factory with the patch enabled, whether or not you should is the issue. Chances are you'll be fine, as I don't think Nintendo has any way to detect the patch, but do so at your own risk.

I'm pretty sure I've fixed the intro text this time, but I seem to break it every other time I update the game, so it might still be broken. It's not a major issue though, and the shop problems should only be affecting people playing via citra (I still haven't tried it soI don't know how to fix the problem, it's not an issue with the game files).

Your stance on legendaries in the battle tree makes sense to me, think I'll go with that. It's not like you get to use them very often anyway.

Yeah Dedenne definitely needs some more buffs, I'll see what I can do for it in the next update.

So if i wasnt asking too much, may i suggest that you could make Milotic in to a Water/Fairy type ?

I always feel like Milotic could use a change in typing to that, or have a mega form with add-on fairy type , too bad gamefreak never give Milotic either of those change , which is sad, Mega milotic and Empoleon is something i think should be added, so far i can only see fan-made / hacked mega form for these 2 pokemon in other ppl game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I was wondering, do you see yourself releasing a version with a less extreme level curve? I've actually been Nuzlocking Photonic Sun but even having added in Lucky Eggs and Roto Experience keeping up with the levels when I need to add a new team member is nearly impossible. I'm at Aether Paradise right now for what it's worth, I just beat Faba for the first time.
That's probably not something I'd be interested doing, sorry. The level curve is designed around a team of six playing with the EXP share on, so a Nuzlocke challenge (where a lot of EXP is "wasted" when you lose a Pokemon) not working well with the curve is somewhat expected.

That said, pk3DS does have a function that can reduce trainer levels by a percentage, so if you'd like I could walk you through setting that up so you could make it yourself. I could also do it for you and send you the files, but I don't want to maintain any more versions of the hack (that was a massive hassle with my XY hacks), so I wouldn't be updating those files at any point.

So if i wasnt asking too much, may i suggest that you could make Milotic in to a Water/Fairy type ?

I always feel like Milotic could use a change in typing to that, or have a mega form with add-on fairy type , too bad gamefreak never give Milotic either of those change , which is sad, Mega milotic and Empoleon is something i think should be added, so far i can only see fan-made / hacked mega form for these 2 pokemon in other ppl game.
I'll definitely consider it; adding Fairy typing does make just about anything stronger, and it does make sense on Milotic. Unfortunately I can't add new megas without replacing existing Pokemon, and I'm not too sure what the limitations are when doing that, so I probably won't be able to add any.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
That's probably not something I'd be interested doing, sorry. The level curve is designed around a team of six playing with the EXP share on, so a Nuzlocke challenge (where a lot of EXP is "wasted" when you lose a Pokemon) not working well with the curve is somewhat expected.

That said, pk3DS does have a function that can reduce trainer levels by a percentage, so if you'd like I could walk you through setting that up so you could make it yourself. I could also do it for you and send you the files, but I don't want to maintain any more versions of the hack (that was a massive hassle with my XY hacks), so I wouldn't be updating those files at any point.

I'll definitely consider it; adding Fairy typing does make just about anything stronger, and it does make sense on Milotic. Unfortunately I can't add new megas without replacing existing Pokemon, and I'm not too sure what the limitations are when doing that, so I probably won't be able to add any.

TY for replying, i fully understand. Here's a few more suggestion that i think will be helpful:

-Lower the price of all balls ( Pokeball, quick ball,etc) about 10 times , consider we can catch like 800 pokemon in this version, all my money goes into pokeball when there are alot other item to buy.

- If possible, may you consider put on more double/triple/rotate battle on random NPC around alola ?

-All Pkm Trainer (not just important one) should have items on all of their pokemon , to spike up the difficulty and make use of Knock off.
( these ideas up here is what in Pokemon Rutile ruby (Omega ruby hacked rom) that is quite cool in my opinion and your hacked rom could use em to if possible :) . )

-Grass/Fire and Grass/Electric type pokemon , such great typings that i could never understand why Gamefreak never add in any pokemon with this typing, i think a few grass type pkm can use an add-on fire type ( like meganium, belossom, lurantis, cherubi ,etc ). And Cherrim could have drought to help with it form change.

And that's about it, thank you for your time.

Edit: electric/fire would also a nice suggestion, though its quite a bad typing... (i think Eelektross is the best one to who with this typing ) , more Steel/Fairy , Poison/Fairy , Fire/Fairy , Electric/Fairy, Fighting/Fairy,.. cause adding Fairy into everything make em better right? xD , there's many cute looking pokemon that can use add-on fairy type ,or the other way, cute Fairy pokemon with 1 of those extra typing.

-A few small detail suggestion :some pokemon with new fairy typing like misdreavus could have move like draining kiss to use at low level,a simple buff for Metal claw/Steel wing ( Steel wing should be 80 -100 like Iron head) - as some steel type pkm (Empoleon specifically) cant learn iron head /tail /meteor mash.
- Cant use ability capsule on a Luxray with Guts, which make it unable to get the new ability Strong Jaw on this version , a small tweak with a editor to make it intimidiate then use the capsule is the only solution.

Last edited:

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
I thought I'd point out some issues with the documentation I noticed when I caught an island search Honedge in the cemetery.

Going by the documents, its moveset should be Swords Dance, Metal Sound, Fury Cutter, and Destiny Bond, with Destiny Bond being the egg move from island scan.

But its actual moveset ended up being (at level 10) Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Wide Guard, and Fury Cutter. According to the rebalanced level up list for Honedge, Shadow Sneak shouldn't be learned until level 20, and Wide Guard shouldn't be learned at all, while according to the island scan documentation, its only egg move should be Destiny Bond

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
TY for replying, i fully understand. Here's a few more suggestion that i think will be helpful:

-Lower the price of all balls ( Pokeball, quick ball,etc) about 10 times , consider we can catch like 800 pokemon in this version, all my money goes into pokeball when there are alot other item to buy.
Done! Standard Poke, Great and Ultra Balls now cost 25% of their original price.

- If possible, may you consider put on more double/triple/rotate battle on random NPC around alola ?
This one's not possible unfortunately; triple and rotation battles don't exist in Alola (trainers being visible in battle was more important apparently), and I can't even change single battle into double battles, as that requires a script edit (which no one has figured out how to do for the 3DS titles yet).

-All Pkm Trainer (not just important one) should have items on all of their pokemon , to spike up the difficulty and make use of Knock off.
( these ideas up here is what in Pokemon Rutile ruby (Omega ruby hacked rom) that is quite cool in my opinion and your hacked rom could use em to if possible :) . )
This is something that happens in the late game (from Vast Poni Canyon onwards IIRC). I do understand the appeal of that feature, but I personally find it more tedious than difficult in the early game, so held items in my hacks are usually reserved for certain trainer classes that are meant to be stronger than the rest. I also like the way Knock Off gets stronger as the game progresses, as more trainers have items; there aren't many other moves that do that.

-Grass/Fire and Grass/Electric type pokemon , such great typings that i could never understand why Gamefreak never add in any pokemon with this typing, i think a few grass type pkm can use an add-on fire type ( like meganium, belossom, lurantis, cherubi ,etc ). And Cherrim could have drought to help with it form change.
The Rotom forms are available if you really want those typings. They're hard to fit onto existing Pokemon, as they don't really make too much sense on random Grass types (in my opinion at least). I also couldn't give Cherrim Drought, as it can't change forms without its Flower Gift ability.

And that's about it, thank you for your time.

Edit: electric/fire would also a nice suggestion, though its quite a bad typing... (i think Eelektross is the best one to who with this typing ) , more Steel/Fairy , Poison/Fairy , Fire/Fairy , Electric/Fairy, Fighting/Fairy,.. cause adding Fairy into everything make em better right? xD , there's many cute looking pokemon that can use add-on fairy type ,or the other way, cute Fairy pokemon with 1 of those extra typing.
Yeah it's pretty easy to justify slapping Fairy type on a lot of things :laugh-squinted:, but I don't want to go overboard with it.

-A few small detail suggestion :some pokemon with new fairy typing like misdreavus could have move like draining kiss to use at low level,a simple buff for Metal claw/Steel wing ( Steel wing should be 80 -100 like Iron head) - as some steel type pkm (Empoleon specifically) cant learn iron head /tail /meteor mash.
Sure, I'll do something about Misdreavus' low level move set at some point.
- Cant use ability capsule on a Luxray with Guts, which make it unable to get the new ability Strong Jaw on this version , a small tweak with a editor to make it intimidiate then use the capsule is the only solution.
Unfortunately I don't have the ability to change how ability capsules work, so I can't do anything about this one.
Responses in bold.

I thought I'd point out some issues with the documentation I noticed when I caught an island search Honedge in the cemetery.

Going by the documents, its moveset should be Swords Dance, Metal Sound, Fury Cutter, and Destiny Bond, with Destiny Bond being the egg move from island scan.

But its actual moveset ended up being (at level 10) Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Wide Guard, and Fury Cutter. According to the rebalanced level up list for Honedge, Shadow Sneak shouldn't be learned until level 20, and Wide Guard shouldn't be learned at all, while according to the island scan documentation, its only egg move should be Destiny Bond
Thanks for reporting that, I've updated the documents to include Wide Guard on Honedge, and updated its island scan set with Swords Dance in place of Shadow Sneak.

I've also removed the banlist from the Battle Tree in this update, but haven't had the chance to fully test it yet. The game isn't freezing, so it any problems with this shouldn't interfere with the rest of the game. A full change log will be up shortly.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
1 more thing: anyone knows how do i make mega ring work in USUM, am i suppose to trigger the "meet with Dexio" event with the editor to get the mega ring to work , cuz simply add the item "Mega ring" in didnt seems to work? is it gonna mess up the game later when i reach that part? TY

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
1 more thing: anyone knows how do i make mega ring work in USUM, am i suppose to trigger the "meet with Dexio" event with the editor to get the mega ring to work , cuz simply add the item "Mega ring" in didnt seems to work? is it gonna mess up the game later when i reach that part? TY
Yeah, you'll need the game to think you've completed that event because it sets a flag that enables you to use mega evolution. The only thing that should mess up is the Dexio event itself, which probably won't work if that flag is already set.

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
Hey, I've been playing this hack for a bit but the game keeps crashing when I try to access the pokecenter shops. Do you have any idea how to fix this or can you tell me which files contain the shop updates so I can remove them?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I've been playing this hack for a bit but the game keeps crashing when I try to access the pokecenter shops. Do you have any idea how to fix this or can you tell me which files contain the shop updates so I can remove them?
Hi, the first thing I'd suggest doing is making sure you've got the official update for the game installed if you're playing on 3DS, as not having the update is usually what causes the shops to freeze.

The shop updates are contained in the Shop.cro file, which is located the romfs folder.

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
Hi, the first thing I'd suggest doing is making sure you've got the official update for the game installed if you're playing on 3DS, as not having the update is usually what causes the shops to freeze.

The shop updates are contained in the Shop.cro file, which is located the romfs folder.

Thank you, I didn't have the update installed yet. It's working now.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
Would you have any suggested grinding spots throughout the game? I'm playing the Rebalanced version, and right now I'm stuck right before the grass trial, completely unable to grind because there's literally nothing worth grinding on. Lucky Eggs don't help a single bit when all I can encounter are unevolved wilds that barely dent my exp, let alone help me grind up 4-5 levels so I'm not completely obliterated by the Lurantis.

Edit: SOS chaining completely slipped my mind.. Plusle and Minun aren't the best but they'll definitely work in a pinch. Hopefully there's some more decent options up the road.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
COmpletely different issue now. The marts don't seem to be right in the one I'm playing, but they're also not vanilla, so I'm utterly confused..

For example, in the documents it says the mart on Route 5 offers a bunch of evolution stones and Porygon's evolution items. In Vanilla, it offers the X Items. But in the Prismatic Moon game I'm playing, it offers all the friendship/ev-reducing berries?

And the route 8 mart is supposed to give me quick balls and a bunch of specific evolution items [Matal Coat, Whipped Dream, etc.] according to the doc, and vanilla is x items again, but what it gives me is a bunch of competitive items like flame orb and terrain extender..

No idea what's going on. Am I on an outdated version of the game or smth?

Paras16699

Paras Shah
Years
Similar issues as @jkhowling at my end as well.

Docs says Gear Grind has been buffed to 100% accuracy (change made in v1.0.6) but the move info screen during battle still shows 85% and it even missed 2 times while using.

Also, Prism scale should be available to buy from the 2nd Vendor at Hau'oli City Pokemart (as per Docs) but it's not available there..

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
COmpletely different issue now. The marts don't seem to be right in the one I'm playing, but they're also not vanilla, so I'm utterly confused..

For example, in the documents it says the mart on Route 5 offers a bunch of evolution stones and Porygon's evolution items. In Vanilla, it offers the X Items. But in the Prismatic Moon game I'm playing, it offers all the friendship/ev-reducing berries?

And the route 8 mart is supposed to give me quick balls and a bunch of specific evolution items [Matal Coat, Whipped Dream, etc.] according to the doc, and vanilla is x items again, but what it gives me is a bunch of competitive items like flame orb and terrain extender..

No idea what's going on. Am I on an outdated version of the game or smth?
Similar issues as @jkhowling at my end as well.

Docs says Gear Grind has been buffed to 100% accuracy (change made in v1.0.6) but the move info screen during battle still shows 85% and it even missed 2 times while using.

Also, Prism scale should be available to buy from the 2nd Vendor at Hau'oli City Pokemart (as per Docs) but it's not available there..
I'm not sure what's happening with the marts, I've just installed Prismatic Moon rebalanced from the drive and they're all correct on my end. It seems like some of them are being swapped around somehow; the EV-reducing berries and competitive items are supposed to be in the megamart and royal dome respectively. All I can suggest for now is that you make sure you have the official update installed, and try re-downloading the hack's files. Let me know if neither of those work.

Sorry about the Gear Grind issue, I've just fixed that now.

Since the first post is gone, does anyone have the download links?
Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zU-yEwI-JoFiF6yHT9qFy_Y5JFAvEi70. Don't know what's going on with the OP, I haven't done anything with it since the site came back online.

Back