• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On every game

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Pokemon the 5th Generation is a game in which, No Pokemon from the previous generations can be found (Except that one place). However i feel like if they were going off the true nature of Pokemon being exactly like animals... that there are SOME Pokemon that would just natrually appear everywhere.

What are some pokemon you think should be able to show up in any region?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Here are some:
    -Zubat/Koromori (in caves)
    -Geodude/Dangoro (in caves and mountains)
    -Magikarp (in bodies of water)
    -Pikachu (it's the mascot, so it should be in routes near cities)
    -Tentacool/Burunkenu (in the sea)
    -Machop (in caves and urban areas)
    -Abra (same as above)
    -Feebas (in those impossible-to-reach lakes)
    -Krabby (near beaches)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Rattata, Pikachu, Minun/Plusle, and to a lesser extent, Pachirisu.

I mean, come on, rodents DO get everywhere. Also some bug pokemon, as there are estimated to be god knows how many more species of insect yet to be discovered.

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
    Years
  • Ugh. I think the idea of realistic ecosystems falls under the category of things that will never have anything to do with Pokemon.

But yes, the Pokemon that have been mentioned have in fact been in most of the Pokemon games.

Really? There aren't any pre-5th gen Pokemon in B&W, prior to national dex?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Each to his own xD

I'm rather fond of the idea....as it disuades me from just trading pokemon from my other games when they'll have a ??? instead of 'dex number.

It also adds a bit more fun to it.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Zubat was always a running gag to me in every game, so they should bring it back, even though it would annoy me. I also think they should bring back Tentacool, it was also annoying, but, it made the games natural in a way.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I'm actually tired of seeing Abra in every dang game. Relief from Zubat, Tentacool, and Rodspam Magikarp is wonderful. Plus, new game, new rules (finally).

Years
  • Rattata, Pikachu, Minun/Plusle, and to a lesser extent, Pachirisu.

I mean, come on, rodents DO get everywhere. Also some bug pokemon, as there are estimated to be god knows how many more species of insect yet to be discovered.
    This guy has it right. There should at least a few pre-gen 5 Pokemon in Isshu. You're telling me after all that time no one decided to introduce at least one Pokemon from "Japan"? That would make things pretty interesting. They could make one native Isshu Pokemon rare, and have something like Staraptor or Zangoose being the cause for its rarity.

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, it's actually not that unrealistic. At least not if you ignore the fact of cross-contamination of ecosystems by humans. Even birds are usually limited by oceans and/or climate differences due to changes in latitude. If you assume Isshu is truly separate from the other regions it makes some sense.

Of course, there are many many more variations on any given creature in the real world. For instance, roaches and ants are everywhere. They might be slightly different from one another but they're still there. Realistically speaking, there would probably be noticeable differences between the Zubat from Kanto/Johto and the Zubat from Sinnoh or Hoenn. Coloration, markings, slightly different proportion, etc. Basically like East and West Gastrodon, but less pronounced.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • This guy has it right. There should at least a few pre-gen 5 Pokemon in Isshu. You're telling me after all that time no one decided to introduce at least one Pokemon from "Japan"? That would make things pretty interesting. They could make one native Isshu Pokemon rare, and have something like Staraptor or Zangoose being the cause for its rarity.

They're all on a ship and are waiting for you to get your National Dex before they get off.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Pikachu, Machop, Abra, Magikarp/ Feebas, Zubat/ Koromori, and Geodude/ Dangoro, Rattata/ Bidoof/ Minezumi. And these are just a few.

Back