• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you eat Pokemon food?

Years
  • In the Pokemon universe, the Pokemon are usually given treats like Pokeblocks, Poffins, Poke Beans, Poke Puffs and Berries. But what do you think these foods actually taste like? Do you think they'd taste different to humans compared to the Pokemon? What kind of Pokemon food do you like best?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I mean, let's be honest, hasn't everyone looked at their dog/cat food and thought "i wonder what this tastes like?" and then tried a little bit? I've done it and I've never even owned a dog or a cat.

There's no way a me that lives in the Pokemon world could look at something as delicious as poke puffs and NOT try a little bit of it. It probably tastes disgusting but hey, at least I'd know not to do it again.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I mean, let's be honest, hasn't everyone looked at their dog/cat food and thought "i wonder what this tastes like?" and then tried a little bit? I've done it and I've never even owned a dog or a cat.
    erica no i have NOT done that pls do tell how that tasted

i think the treats would actually probably be good? they're made mostly of berries and humans eat those too. but like the pellets we see in the anime are probably just like. dry pet food. probably nasty but i dont know for sure let's get erica's expert opinion

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • erica no i have NOT done that pls do tell how that tasted

i think the treats would actually probably be good? they're made mostly of berries and humans eat those too. but like the pellets we see in the anime are probably just like. dry pet food. probably nasty but i dont know for sure let's get erica's expert opinion
    How can you not have done it????

Idk admittedly I was like 9 when my friend asked if I wanted to try a cat treat since she like???? ate them regularly????? She was a weird friend now that I think about it. But still, I think it just tasted like really weird dry cereal.

Apparently those like.... dog-friendly cupcakes you can get are really gross though. Sometimes they show up on reddit and people in the comments always admit to trying a bit, lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • lmaooo the difference between pokeblocks and poke puffs in action
    i am now going to try every food i buy for them. if it doesn't taste terrible to me it probably doesn't taste good to them

but i think pokemon are different anyway mainly because their food is mostly berry concentrate instead of like? meat concentrate?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm not sure they're like candy floss, more like cupcakes probably. And we know humans and Pokémon both eat and enjoy them so I guess they're probably not super sugary? Animals tend not to like processed sugars so much.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Some things yeah I would love to try because they seem pretty similar to things human beings eat. How could lemonade be bad for instance?

I really would like to try a poffin because it sounds just like a pastry. Its dough that you bake and inside its stuffed with your choice of berries. I don't see how that is different from a pie or a jelly doughnut.

Years
  • I really would like to try a poffin because it sounds just like a pastry. Its dough that you bake and inside its stuffed with your choice of berries. I don't see how that is different from a pie or a jelly doughnut.

I think a Poffin is like those types of doughnuts that have filling on the inside. You taste the flavour when you eat through the filling in the Poffin, which is made from the berries and the berries used determine its flavour.

I'm not sure they're like candy floss, more like cupcakes probably. And we know humans and Pokémon both eat and enjoy them so I guess they're probably not super sugary? Animals tend not to like processed sugars so much.

Poke Puffs definitely scream cupcakes to me as well, but maybe they're made of a special type of sugar that doesn't bother humans and Pokemon.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I think a Poffin is like those types of doughnuts that have filling on the inside. You taste the flavour when you eat through the filling in the Poffin, which is made from the berries and the berries used determine its flavour.

Poke Puffs definitely scream cupcakes to me as well, but maybe they're made of a special type of sugar that doesn't bother humans and Pokemon.

If poffins taste like a fruit-filled doughnut then good :D I like the raspberry jelly ones that Krispy Creme makes.

I was wondering if the pokepuff might be like a french macaroon. Especially the fancy and deluxe ones because I used to visit a sweet shop in Spain that sold them and they often had berries on top and a whipped inside. But maybe not. If they are cupcakes then give me a dark, mocha chocolate one!!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Them being made with only berries makes me wonder about how the carnivores/omnivores are doin' in this world, y'know? Are they getting all the nutrients they really need?

Back