• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Should I buy Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Pokemon X?

Jayzco

Pokemon BUSINESS
Years
  • I know this is not Sun and Moon related but help me.

Vote by telling me which you think is better. The Pokemon, The story, the characters and the ''new stuff''

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would say that ORAS is a little better than XY, but it may or may not be different for you. What's more the kind of thing(s) you're looking for?

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Wait for Z

I would personally prefer OR/AS to be honest. X/Y was alright, but it was a bit of a bland entry to the series, especially with the plot and that literally being nonexistent, and the characters were pretty bland and just felt like a load you were carrying around, thus you didn't really develop as much of a connection with them. The ending does get pretty emotional though, but I'll let you figure that out for yourself. OR/AS though, allows you to get every legendary and allows for more variety than in Kalos, and if you grew up with Gen III you'll definitely dig them.

So in my opinion, OR/AS is the better entry in the series.

Years
  • I'd go for Alpha Sapphire. It's already updated to have more Megas, and there's much more Pokemon (including legendaries) you can obtain. Also, XY seems bland in my opinion, it really wasn't one of my favorite games.

Years
  • I'd say OR/AS is the better 6th Gen game, since it has new Mega Evolutions that X/Y can't have, plus it captures all the feels of the original Hoenn games. It also has a better postgame feature with the Delta Episode, as well as Move Tutors.

One thing X/Y does have over OR/AS is trainer customisation, but I think that's the only thing X/Y has going for it. I'd say it's worth to go for OR/AS.

Guest123_x1

I have Alpha Sapphire and Y, and I can tell you that I had considerably more fun with AS than I did with Y (to the point where I haven't even gotten halfway through the Kalos region). Even without the Trainer Customization, I found some of the OR/AS feature set to be quite fun, particularly the sneak up to hidden Pokémon feature, and the fact that drinks are more available in the Hoenn remakes than they are in X/Y.
    Plus, the Delta Episode was quite interesting, even if it wasn't enough for those wanting a "Delta Emerald".

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Xy was my first Pok?mon game, and I preffered it to ORAS. Both games are good though.

Jayzco

Pokemon BUSINESS
    Years
  • I wanna thank everyone who answered! Now I've played AS and beaten the Pokemon League! I've still need to beat the Delta Episode.

BONUS

What was your starter?
    Mines Torchic

Years
  • Great to hear you enjoyed the game! I was Team Mudkip though, since it was my original Hoenn starter choice as well.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Personally, I loved XY and I did not enjoy ORAS nearly as much. But objectively, ORAS is the better game. I dont really need to explain further- everyone else seems to have covered why ORAS is better.

Edit: whoops just read you beat the pokemon league in AS haha

glad you enjoyed it!

Last edited:

qiekenao8668

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2017
    Torchic doesn't count since it was an event before ORAS and is now available to choose in ORAS.

I used mostly my Kalos starter.

Back