• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Can't I Remember?

Years
  • I saw a video recently by MandJTV and he talked about how Sceptile is his favourite Pokemon of all time because it was his first ever Pokemon. My first ever Pokemon game was also Ruby, and for some reason, I am not completely sure who my first-ever starter Pokemon was.

I have kind of narrowed it down to Treecko though, as I did a play through after the first one using May's character and I chose Torchic to match the one she had in the Anime. I think the fact that I reset over the original file alone says something about the attachment, or lack thereof I had to my first ever Pokemon team.

Does anyone else have an experience like this. I thought it could be because I wasn't really into Pokemon, but that isn't true as I would buy hordes of Pokemon cards and knew everything about almost every Pokemon back then. It's not something with age either, I played Ruby about 12 years ago when I was 7, so there shouldn't be any reason why I don't remember.

Is everyone else's first team ingrained in there memory and very special to them, or do some people share a similar experience to me?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I saw a video recently by MandJTV and he talked about how Sceptile is his favourite Pokemon of all time because it was his first ever Pokemon. My first ever Pokemon game was also Ruby, and for some reason, I am not completely sure who my first-ever starter Pokemon was.

I have kind of narrowed it down to Treecko though, as I did a play through after the first one using May's character and I chose Torchic to match the one she had in the Anime. I think the fact that I reset over the original file alone says something about the attachment, or lack thereof I had to my first ever Pokemon team.

Does anyone else have an experience like this. I thought it could be because I wasn't really into Pokemon, but that isn't true as I would buy hordes of Pokemon cards and knew everything about almost every Pokemon back then. It's not something with age either, I played Ruby about 12 years ago when I was 7, so there shouldn't be any reason why I don't remember.

Is everyone else's first team ingrained in there memory and very special to them, or do some people share a similar experience to me?

I have the same problem with Gen 2, I can't remember if I chose totodile or cyndaquil for my first run through, only that I had used both of them on early runs.

Same with Blue, I'm sure I picked Charmander first but my first time beating the Pokemon league was with blastoise.

Gen 3 team I remember tho, Torchic, Wingull, Shroomish, Poochyena, Marril and Baltoy were my first six and their evolutions made up most of my game's roster. Mightyena, Breeloom and Azumarril were dropped later for Salamence, Gardevoir and Glalie

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I only remember with what team I've finished Emerald and LeafGreen with, but not the specific Pokémon I started out with. In both teams I had all three starters; in LG I had all three birds, but I cannot remember who else was in my team save for Rayquaza. I think Swellow and Banette? It's all vague, especially because I lost a lot of Pokémon from my first Emerald run due to accidentally resetting the game.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I can never remember which starter I chose for Blue, and for FireRed. I think I might never have really played Blue myself, and I simply didn't like FireRed that much.

Years
  • Well I don't even know if I started with Red or Blue to be honest, and I have no idea who I chose as a starter either. In Ruby or Sapphire, i'm pretty sure I first chose Treecko for one game and Mudkip in another. In Pearl I chose Turtwig first. In White, I chose Tepig. I think I chose Fenniken in Y.

I have no idea who I chose in Kanto though.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I go with the Fire-type starter literally every time I play a Pokémon game for the first time. Thus this has never been a problem for me. ^_^

Years
  • I usually don't have a problem remembering my starter, but I always have a hard time remembering my teams. Even in Sun and Moon I couldn't remember if I had 4 or 5 pokemon :V but on topic.

I usually remember mine cause I usually alternate between water and fire. Until Gen 5 when I chose Snivy and then Rowlette

Back