• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: “Pokémon: I Choose You!” gets international release date

Years
  • By the way, is this release date going to be the Japanese movie with subtitles or will this be the American dub version of it?

This is the dub's release date. Japanese version got released last month.

I'm excited since it sounds like the first good movie since Movie 8. Just sad to know the music will be replaced by dub only (if the dub music was good...)

Knowing me, ever since Ed Goldfarb took over as the dub's music composer, music replacements have been so frequent that it's been talked about in episode discussion thread on Serebii. It's very likely there will be a lot of music replacement.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    So I'm assuming the dub movie will just have the current voice cast, if they were bringing back Veronica Taylor or any of the original VAs we likely would've heard already.

Years
  • So I'm assuming the dub movie will just have the current voice cast, if they were bringing back Veronica Taylor or any of the original VAs we likely would've heard already.

It's fair to say Sarah Natochenny will still be voicing Ash, since Bulbapedia's page for the movie has that listed. No other voice cast is known at this point.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Bringing Veronica would be a bit hard since I hear she is now in LA. I mean they could make it work but it would be easier to just use Sarah

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I will totally see it. In fact I might ask some friends to go with me. I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in theaters since 2001. Damn.

I would love to hear Veronica as Ash again, but it would cool for Sarah to get to voice a throwback like this too, and we're at the very least well used to her by now.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't think Veronica should take part of this disappointment of a movie. She deserves better thsn this in my opinion.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey everyone, the article has been updated with the list of US movie theatres showcasing the Pokemon movie coming in November! See if it'll be playing in a theatre near you!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • By the way, is this release date going to be the Japanese movie with subtitles or will this be the American dub version of it?

Most countries will probably show the American dub... If I remember correctly, some countries dub the movie on their native language.

I'll probably end up just ordering the Japanese DVD tho...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I would love to see it
    when I heard that it was getting release in many places across USA I got a really big smile

for now it turned upside down when none of them where near my area (Pacific Northwest), hope one does get nearby

Years
  • I would love to see it
    when I heard that it was getting release in many places across USA I got a really big smile

for now it turned upside down when none of them where near my area (Pacific Northwest), hope one does get nearby

And even if it doesn't come to you, you could always get it when it comes out on DVD.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I would love to see it

Same here, absolutely nothing in the Pacific Northest, or even the west basically. Yet Texas and Winconssin have like 15 showings each? Part of the reason I dislike Anime movies, is because the theater deals arn't that favorable. Not sure when I plan to buy the movie, if I ever do. But that fact the area doesn't even get a remote chance of getting the card and Pikachu kinda sucks.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    This would mark the first pokemon movie to have failed in the film franchise. Although i was not a fan of Spell of Unown, it did a lot better and is actually canon. I don't know if NZ has them being shown in cinemas but i am definitely not seeing this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    This would mark the first pokemon movie to have failed in the film franchise. Although i was not a fan of Spell of Unown, it did a lot better and is actually canon. I don't know if NZ has them being shown in cinemas but i am definitely not seeing this.

Define "fail." Do you mean financial-wise? I know Pokemon Heroes and Pokemon 4Ever did pretty poor at the box office, poor enough that, aside from this movie and the Victini movies a while back, all Pokemon movies were either TV movies or direct to video features. And both films are limited release anyways.

Years
  • This would mark the first pokemon movie to have failed in the film franchise. Although i was not a fan of Spell of Unown, it did a lot better and is actually canon. I don't know if NZ has them being shown in cinemas but i am definitely not seeing this.

Well, in terms of making money at the box office this movie has performed better than Pokemon Heroes and the failed XY movie trilogy, even if this movie has been viewed with controversial thoughts.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Australia will be showing the movie at select Event Cinemas from November 11th.

For any Australian members reading, check this site to see if your local Event Cinema is taking part: http://au.fathomanimation.com/

RIP, we don't have Event Cinemas in Melbourne. Hoping another cinema company shows them here, it's just us and Tassie that don't have Event Cinemas

Years
  • RIP, we don't have Event Cinemas in Melbourne. Hoping another cinema company shows them here, it's just us and Tassie that don't have Event Cinemas

I feel bad for you that you've been screwed over. There might be another cinema franchise down there that may show the movie, but I doubt it.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Define "fail." Do you mean financial-wise? I know Pokemon Heroes and Pokemon 4Ever did pretty poor at the box office, poor enough that, aside from this movie and the Victini movies a while back, all Pokemon movies were either TV movies or direct to video features. And both films are limited release anyways.

To me, I choose You movie is a failure because they basically redo episode 1 but made it longer and added a bit more to it.

I actually like Heroes and 4ever and think they are better. I prefer the previous pokemon movies.

Feel free to like the movie. I am stating my opinion on it. Agree to disagree.

Back